Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 03:31 PM   #31  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Me too

I also live in a big blueberrying state; however I don't live near the blueberry area because that's near the ocean! I live near the trees.

I beg to differ to wit youse guys -- Peachboy is old enough to use a blowtorch if he has a little instruction and the right safety equipment. Ask the nice man to show him how and make sure he has eye protection and all that. Then you stand back with the fire extinguisher. Hey, my brother had re-built an old car at his age.

Actually I first wrote "my brother had re-built an old cow"

I agree with Lush about the phone guy. Either he's so painfully shy you'll never have any fun with him anyway, or he's a little psycho. Maybe he wants you to call him so he doesn't have to pay for the phone call, but he knows you don't think much of his cheapskatedness, so he's trying the sneaky way to get you to call.

Bagsie, I'm so proud of you--I wish you were down the street so you could force me to get out walking!

Peaches, I think first grade teachers are hopeless with bright little girls. I had my perfect spelling record tarnished when I capitalized 'pat' because the teacher used it in the sentence "Pat the bunny". Now I knew in my little 6 year old heart that "Pat, the bunny" was not a complete sentence, but it made a lot more sense to me than "pat the bunny" because I had apparently been deprived of the book "Pat the bunny" in my infancy and did not know that it meant "pet the bunny" (who pats an animal anyway?) instead of "the bunny's name is Pat". I believe I even argued my case, but the teacher would not give me a gold star for that week. She did however give in to my whining and give me a bunny sticker. Sick woman, what?

So, aren't you delighted that you're not the only child scarred by misunderstanding at an early age?

It is snowing

Horrors!

Kiwi
Old 10-26-2002, 04:58 PM   #32  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

No, Kiwiotomous, the man did not provide safety gear. He did not mention safety gear. And DS is going to Indiana for Thanksgiving. Will he have snow???????? He wants snow!!!

We just made a trip to Herbie's house and I was good. But not perfect. He has been using space that used to hold my stuff. On one shelf that used to hold my books were his books. One book was one that he paid attention to when we met. Called "What Women Want" or something. Well, not that it ever helped him but it won't in the future as once I was done ripping it up I put it outside in the garbage.

Will I ever be non-grumpy again?
Old 10-26-2002, 06:25 PM   #33  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Kiwi, we had some mean teachers didn't we? Like Satanella, remember her?

That man sent me an email with an attachment. I'm not gonna open it. Weirdo
Old 10-26-2002, 07:52 PM   #34  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Oh MY Gosh I did miss out on a lot today, didn't I? Weird phone callers,mean teachers, snow, great sex, * OK Imade that one up*. Too much for this cold woman to comprehend! Brattie
Old 10-26-2002, 09:22 PM   #35  
Member w/ messiest house

What kind of an attachment? Dirty pictures? Website where you can sign up for cheaper long distance?

Peachie, are you using IM at all? I am online right now and you never come on any more. {whine}
Old 10-26-2002, 11:41 PM   #36  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

yes I use it and yes I'm on and yes I took ds to a play. Why didn't you come to the play?

I think you should all give me a motto, of your own making, to live by while I recover from having Herbie pull out of my life. I can't rip up all his books. He might notice.
Old 10-27-2002, 12:26 PM   #37  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Here ya go

A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.

DD is in the big city with friends today; DH is wallowing on the couch with sci-fi movies. What should I do?

Kiwi

P.S. I wanted to come to the play, but there was a giant blizzard going on here last night. I was fortunate to get home intact after dropping DD off at her friend's house. Click here

Last edited by Kiwonk; 10-27-2002 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:19 AM   #38  
fatter than U

Default For Peaches (my favourite cow)

If life gives you lemons...make lemonade!

Sorry, it was all I could think of!

So glad your brother is ok, Wabby! Brothers do the darndest things sometimes.

Last edited by SugP; 10-28-2002 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:53 PM   #39  

When I eventually met Mr. Right I had no idea that his first name would be Always. - Rita Rudner
Old 10-28-2002, 02:31 PM   #40  
Member w/ messiest house

Default We're such a witty bunch

Well, the snow went away overnight, so it's fall again. It's that time of
fall when the leaves finally start falling all at once, but it's so cold out you don't want to rake. I remember raking leaves in N.C. back in my youth and getting sweaty. Very hard to imagine here in Frozen Tootsies.

I put up a memorial page on my diary (Click) for my dog. We dog lovers have to do schmaltzy stuff like that, y'know.

Probably ought to go do something today, instead of the usual nothing that has been the norm lately. Last night I got into a tiff with DH about whether I'd wash and dry his jeans before I went to bed, and I was so pi**y about it, I actually felt guilty later and did them.

Later gators
Kiwi
Old 10-28-2002, 02:48 PM   #41  
Member w/ messiest house

Or you could take the other tack:

"When a man and a woman see each other and like each other they ought to come together -- wham -- like a couple of taxis on Broadway, not sit around analyzing each other like two specimens in a bottle."
Thelma Ritter (1905 - 1969) US actress
Ritter to Jimmy Stewart in film "Rear Window," 1954
Old 10-28-2002, 06:05 PM   #42  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Thank you little punkinheads! I love line about Mr. Right. Now I'm gonna look at the doggie page. DS and I just made chicken enchiladas. We are so good at stuff!
Old 10-28-2002, 06:07 PM   #43  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Very sad and sweet, Kiwi, but is Dairyland part of our theme?

Y'all I signed papers this morning for a possible house loan. hold your breath.
Old 10-29-2002, 03:22 AM   #44  
fatter than U

What a sweet dog, Kiwi.

Peaches the home owner? Wowowow! Tell us all about it. And *don't* give Herbie a key.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:40 AM   #45  

I can't shovel in bagels and hold my breath at the same time, Peaches, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. Tell us all about it.
Closed Thread