Old 07-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #31  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A very happy birthday to you Laura - sorry I was not paying better attention - now I know what the 705 in your screen name stands for

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Last edited by happy2bme; 07-06-2010 at 12:43 AM.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #32  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday everyone!

It's a back to work, back on program Tuesday for me. I've set some challenges for myself that involve daily cardio, crunches, planks and pushups, and also eating plenty of fruits and veggies. I want to get back to below my 10% weight.

Sorry I was offline all weekend. We did some fishing on Saturday and actually caught fish, saw fireworks Saturday night, got up early on Sunday for a pancake breakfast and walked around a car show/flea market, and generally spent the rest of the weekend trying to beat the heat and humidity. DMIL and I saw Eclipse on Sunday. It was awesome. Way better than the first 2 Twilight movies...but still not as good as the books.

Laura - a very Happy Belated Birthday to you. Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a lovely dinner with your bf and his mom.

I'm way behind on everyone else's posts....so I'll post again later after I've caught up.

Love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 AM   #33  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning all,

This weekend was anything but "long" - I can't believe how quickly it went. I did get a few things done and had some fun times too. All in all good. It's heating back up again. Could use some rain from you folks up north.

Hope you had a nice birthday Laura.

Tell us about the date Annie.

I'm with you Michelle on getting back to healthy eating. Not that I've been bad, just not really sticking to the program. You've set some good goals, now rev up the engine

Shad - are you back in training mode again?

Hope no alarms this morning for you Mel.

Ceejay - I think you will feel better when you are on short term leave and can focus on healing up. Just don't be moving furniture yet

Sorry this is brief, will catch up later.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #34  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA

HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS A SPECIAL DAY AND ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE

LAURA...THANK GOD HAPPY REMINDED ME. IT'S STILL A NIGHTMARE OVER HERE. I HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. (INSERT RED FACE HERE)I AM SO SORRY WE ALL MISSED IT WITH MY HEAD ELSEWHERE. SENDING HUGS

I WILL RETURN LATER I HOPE. YESTERDAY PROBLEMS BEGAN WITH WET & SMELLY APARTMENTS. (SENIORS DON'T CLEAN VERY WELL...ADD WATER AND INSTANT PU!!)
SOME A/C'S ARENT WORKING AND SOME ARE FREEZING UP. I CALLED THE MEN TO COME IN EARLY TO GET GOING ON A LIST I HAVE. WE REALLY NEED MORE HELP. SOME CARPETS IN THE BLDG ARE DANK AND REALLY SMELLY FROM THE FLOOD. AND TODAY WILL BE A WEE BIT HOTTER AFRICA HOT!!
HAVE A GREAT DAY.

HAPPY.....THANKS FOR REMINDING ME OF LAURA'S BD...I AM EMBARASSED!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-06-2010 at 08:39 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 08:57 AM   #35  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday Morning Everyone....

The weekend was long but short lived if that makes any sense. Got lots and lots done but still a bit more to do outside around the house and yard. Heck, I get done then dream up more stuff to do, just to be outside.

Docs got dad into the Hook's Rehab center on the 5th floor of the same hospital that he was in. At least for a couple of weeks there will be someone watching over him 24/7, all the while learning how to walk...Amen! Mind can rest a bit knowing someone is watching him.

The date went really well last night. Doug seems like a nice guy. His wife died over a year ago from ovarian cancer. He is raising his kids on his own. Two girls 19 & 17, pretty much raised then a son 9. He seems a little "hicky" or rough around the edges. He works for the Catholic church as the maintenance shop super for the busses and land. He also farms. He also runs a "party bus" business for those who want to rent it out. He has 10 brothers and sisters and is the youngest in the family. He occassionally says the word "ain't" which is petty, but it bugs me. I do think, however, I can get past that. lol. He is about 6'3 dark hair with a little salt in it, facial hair too, YUM! Gorgeous steel blue eyes, I think, lol. Didn't want to get caught staring at him. He is a little on the chunky side, but not obese or too weighty. Just my type. He walked me to my car and gave me a hug, told me to be careful driving home. Sweet!

Ceejay....yik on the nosebleeds. My son used to have those. The little triangle piece up in his nose was raw and kept bleeding...the fix: he had to put neosporin on the triangle twice a day, morning and night, till it healed. He gets it occassionally now and again, however he knows how to treat it now.

MELLIE... yeah, yeah, yeah, a flood, we all know you actually caused it just so you could get "your" firemen back out for viewing. Hope the waters have receded and all is good now.

Happy.....yes, the weekend went very fast for going so slow....lol

Laura....Happy belated birthday, sorry I missed it. I love fruit, as a matter of fact, yesterday, I polished off an entire canteloupe all by myself. I love fruit.

Chelle....here's yo kick in the arse to get you back on track and the good endorphins running. Sounds like you are feeling better,

Shad...hey girl, have you slowed down any?

Hot humid day in Indy 95 degrees 100% humidity. I'm melting, I'm melting, witches tend to do that, you know.

Heys to everyone,
loves and hugs,
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - So nice that you were awarded a plaque for your years of volunteering! As for the relaxing helping with my healing...I think that and the vitamin D from lounging in the sun reading was just the ticket. That was quite a flood you had!! Yikes!! And know it's a wet, dank and smelly mess. Don't overdo it, girlfriend. You gotta take care of you.

Ceejay - Sorry to hear about the nose bleeds. You need to take it easy. After my surgery, I was on bed rest for 7-10 days, and NO PHYSICAL EXERTION OR BENDING (meaning nothing that got the blood pressure or heart rate up) for 4-6 weeks, otherwise the doc said I'd have nosebleeds and awful pain and pressure (as the swelling increased). I had to use saline nose spray several times a day to flush/clean things out. I don't know how physically demanding your job is...but I had a desk job when I had my surgery and my doc still told me to take at least 2 weeks off work. Mel is right about the heat increasing BP/heart rate. Stay cool, sister. Use icepacks on your face to keep the swelling down. I'm glad you saw the ER doc in Jonesboro. Sounds like he gave you VERY good advice. I'm really surprised your ENT didn't tell you prior to the surgery that you'd need to take more time off work and all the movement/activity restrictions.

Annie - That's good that your dad is doing better after his fall and that you didn't fall or break anything while doing yard work. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your massage from Ray! Now, how was your date? What's the guy like?

Shad - You sure are doing a lot of traveling around! I'm going to have to Google maps all these places, and look for photos of Caernarvon Gorge.

Laura - I'm glad to hear your doggy is feeling better, and that you enjoyed your long Fourth and birthday weekend!

Happy - I hope you got some time to enjoy yourself when you weren't running errands or tackling your to do list.

Time to get ready for a meeting!

Love and big hugs to all,
Old 07-06-2010, 11:27 AM   #37  

Good Morning everyone! Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I had a nice dinner w/ bf and his mother. Bf's gift to me was a certificate for a massage, ahhh. Looking forward to using it.

This morning I phoned the company that handles our train passes (we can buy our train passes with pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction) and they told me to purchase another pass with my own funds and they e-mailed a form through which I can be reimbursed, so that's good.

Tonight's movie night, but the final selection hasn't been e-mailed yet.

I'll be back for personals later!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:32 PM   #38  

Ceejay - Glad you've been approved for leave and that you've got someone to clean house while you're recovering. Doggy is doing fine now!

Michelle - Sounds like you had a fun weekend and enjoyed Eclipse. I don't enjoy the super hot & humid weather, so Sun. & Mon. were not as nice as Sat. I too need to get back to healthy eating - my food log was forgotten over the weekend. I bought a bunch of fruit yesterday so I don't have to pay 3 bucks for a mixed fruit cup at the restaurants dowtown here. The scale was down a pound this morning, so I guess I didn't overeat too much this weekend. Still two pounds off my ticker though.

Mel - Still sounds like chaos in your neck of the woods! I hope you and all your resources are able to get the AC going and dry out the apartments. Ugh.

Annie - Sounds like a nice date and a nice guy. Second date coming soon??

Happy - My weekend didn't fly by as quickly as yours - but I admit to being a slothful creature most of the weekend. A couple short garden projects, a few loads of laundry, some grocery shopping and not much more than that on the chore side.

Shad - Hope you've reached your destinations safely. Sounds like you'll have more nice surroundings to enjoy. Keep us posted if you can get here!

Well, the movie selected for tonight was "Grown Ups" with Adam Sandler and Kevin James and others. Since I haven't been to the movies in a few weeks and this might be mildly entertaining (but hopefully not overly raunchy), I'll go. And it's probably going to be too hot to do much outside anyway...

Toodles!
Old 07-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

Laura - So glad to hear you likely have the train pass all worked out and will get your money back. Grown ups does look like a pretty funny movie. DH and I were thinking about going to see it so let me know how it is. I really don't like the hot and humid weather either, so I was only outside in the early mornings and late afternoons/evenings on Sunday and Monday. I've done really well with my eating so far today...veggies in my Egg Beater omelette this morning, a big salad at lunch. I haven't weighed myself and probably won't until morning, but I fear I'm a pound or two off my ticker. My evening plans include Zumba-ing for an hour or so in the air conditioning and hopefully it will have cooled down by the time I get home so I can play with the doggies in the yard.

Ladies, I took over 400 photos on my vacation. I sent most of you a link from Snapfish (where I have my photos printed) so you can view them online. I uploaded approximately 50 photos to Facebook, but I obviously can't post that many here. So I'm going to post a few here and there. Here are two photos...one of my niece Jennie who comes to Milwaukee for work/visit every few months - She's riding our lawn mower in our yard. The other photo of is me and my niece Angie in her and her new husband's back yard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jennie5.jpg (49.4 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg meandangie.jpg (66.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #40  
Creating a Healthier Me

Here's a photo of me and my step-mother in Half Moon Bay, CA (approx. 1/2 hour south of San Francisco). And a not very flattering photo of me with my cousin Lisa hiking from Torrey Pines to the beach (in San Diego, CA).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meandBarb2.jpg (29.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg meandlisa.jpg (32.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #41  
Creating a Healthier Me

Here's a photo of me and some friends from Northern CA, a photo of me and my sister at Huntington Gardens near Pasadena, CA, and a photo of me and a display of penguins taken at one of the gift shops at Sea World, San Diego, CA.

Okay...enough photos for today. I'll post more scenery/flower photos later this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meandfriends.jpg (31.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg meandNancy.jpg (55.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg meandpenguins.jpg (35.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by diyana; 07-07-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:38 PM   #42  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM TAKING A MUCH DESERVED BREAK AND I AM STAYING UPSTAIRS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. BAD AIR IS CONMING IN THRU THE OPEN DOORS WITH ALL THE SHOPPING ETC. SMELLS BAD AND GAVE ME A SORE THROAT. EVEN MY HAIR SMELLED AND I HAD JUST WASHED IT EARLY THIS MORNING!!! SO I TOOK MEDS, A SHOWER AND HERE I SIT IN CLEAN JAMMIES... NICE AND COOL. HOPE EVERYONE ELSE STAYS COOLED OFF TOO!

LAURA....HOPE THE MOVIE IS A GOOD ONE AND NOT RAUNCHY EITHER. GLAD THE BD WAS GOOD ALSO AND THE DOGGIE FEELS BETTER. HOPE YOU GET THE REFUND AS EXPECTED!

CEEJAY...HOPE THE NOSE IS HEALING AND YOU ARE RESTING

MICHELLE....THANKS FOR SHARING THE PICS! ALL GOOD!!! SO GLAD YOU HAD A GREAT TIME OUT THERE AND EVBEN HAPPIER TO HEAR YOU'RE FEELING BETTER NOW TOO.

ANNIE....GLAD THE DATE WENT OK. SORRY I MUST HAVE MISSED THAT POST. IF THE SEX IS GOOD AND HE'S A GOOD KISSER FORGET THE WORD "AIN'T"....CAUSE LIFE AIN'T WORTH LIVING WITHOUT GOOD SEX & GOOD KISSES

HAPPY...MY WEEKEND WAS LIKE YOURS./...WENT BY ALL TOO FAST. WE SHOULD HAVE SETTLED FOR SITTING BY THE POOL!!! LOL STAY COOL DOWN THERE IN THE MELTING STATES!!

SHAD...HOPE THE JOB IS STILL GOING OK AND THE TRAVELING IS UNEVENTFUL....EXCEPT FOR THE SCENIC WONDERS!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:30 PM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Geez Mel..you crack me up and I do not know about the kisses or sex with him as I have not gone there YET!!! hahahahah
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #44  

Michelle - Hope you're enjoying your Zumba class! Thanks for posting the photos - looks like you had a great time - California is a beautiful state. The company we buy our favorite hot sauce from is called Half Moon Bay Trading Company - if you like hot sauce, I highly recommend their Iguana Red sauce. (Your photo at Half Moon Bay inspired that comment, lol.) Very cute photo of you w/ the penguin display!
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #45  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Missing in action again I see. Well I did post birthday wishes but then got side tracked by some recalcitrant gas miners. Today I decided not to go into the office but to stay here and have some time off. However the weather is not really conducive to sightseeing since it is grey and cold, so I may stay and work in the warm instead.

Training again on the 9th, 10th and 11th and that's it for Talinga. I'm not sure yet whether I'm to go on or go back to Brisbane for the following week. If I don't get some sense out of the superintendent at Spring Gully today, then I will go back to Brisbane and come back out at a later time for Kincora and Dennison (up by Caernarvon).

Yesterday I went to the local gym. First time in gym for a couple of years. I'm a little stiff today, but will go back when it reopens at 10. I was quite surprised that I was still able to jog along on the treadmill for 2 minute intervals without puffing and wheezing along. Maybe I wasn't pushing myself hard enough.

Mel - what a ghastly thing to happen in the building. Did someone forget about the bath tub or something? I have smelt that horrible drying out smell previously. Only thing that can be done is to rip up the carpets and dry out the entire place - which if done properly would involve evacuating the affected tenants. I don't suppose they will do that. Take it easy and don't get over involved. I could suggest you might draw up a plan of action, but no doubt it would be too costly for the powers that be. Opportune maintenance it is called, but.............

Happy - why is it that long weekends or any weekend for that matter goes faster than light.

Ceejay - Just be careful of those girls coming into your house. They might be quite okay, but from what you have said, I wouldn't trust them too far at all. Rest up and enjoy the time you have at home. It doesn't happen often and you have worked long and hard at that place. Therfore you have earned some downtime. Possibly some of the problems you have had, have been caused by long hours, chemical fumes and physical exertion.

Michelle - good to see you back and chipper again. Zumba on oh exercise Thanks for the photos. I will go look at the 434 + one video when I get some time later today.

Laura - glad you had a good birthday. Good luck on the re-imbursement of you money. Be prepared for it to take some time. They really don't like giving money back. With our travel cards, we can register them so that if it goes missing for any reason, once we let the people know they put a halt on the card. No one can use the money on it.

Annie - a new man. Sounds okay too. But take it slowly and easily and get to know the bloke before unleashing your full self on him. I'm sure he will appreciate the cooking etc., but maybe the kids might not. Anyway, have fun. That's important.

I'd better get on with composing a training newsletter to my boss. I haven't sent him an update for a while. Fortunately I can prove where I am and where I have been otherwise he might be thinking differently.
So I will be back later.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote