Old 10-21-2009, 09:50 AM   #31  
Losing it!

Prayers continue Dee! I agree with Janice, everyone handles grief differently and maybe this is the only way your dad knows how to cope through it all. Prayers go out to him to find comfort in your moms memories and to find the peace he needs now to cope through the loss of such a wonderful lady. I think PV sounds like a great idea! I wish we could join you, but I just made a new car purchase and with a jerk Director, I'm not sure how stable my position is at the shop. He is having a tail gate party Friday night at the nursing home, complete with beer! The seniors are not happy, but he basically is self centered and will not respect their wishes. Most couldn't drink even if they wanted to because of meds. He is inviting the chamber and other civic organizations in, trying to drum up business. BTW: I am not going! :-)
I purchased a Honda Element and LOVE it! It looks little on the outside, but I need to get use to the "hugeness" of the interior after driving a small car. It is called crossover, flexibility of a pickup and not near as big as a SUV. I'm love'n it! I named it Earl! Earl is a deep burgundy wine shade with gray interior. :-)
Mom is having some medical problems AGAIN, I will be taking her to her cardiologist out of town this coming Monday. I think it is probably a progression of her congestive heart failure because all of her blood work is coming up ok here with her local doc. Hopefully we can get a few answers to our questions.
Janice, our weather here is weird! Yesterday was in the 80's but today chance of snow! Pure craziness! Last week was FREEZING but the past few days have been nice! I am so ready to see spring again! :-)
I hope life is treating everyone as well as can be expected with certain situations. I think of you guys often, just nothing really new to update you with. HUGS to all!
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #32  
Janice

Just booked a vacation to Cuba for a week in February. I would really like to get motivated and lose some weight before then.
coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #33  

Wow Janice congratulations! As I read your post before this I was thinking about your last vacation when you talked about no snow yet. I am sure that you will have a way better time. I am happy that you are going, good for you.

OK girl lets get a commitment out of you......how much weight would you like to lose before you leave? Or maybe better yet what dress size would you like to aim for? Or how many inches you would like to lose. We are here for you and will help you with your journey.

Gayle your new vehicle is sweet. I hope that you enjoy it. It will take a bit of getting use to but I am sure that you won't mind.
That sucks when you work for a director that is all in it for money and doesn't consider anyone else. I think a tail gate party serving drinks is crazy for a seniors center.
Your weather does sound pretty extreme. It has been cloudy here for almost 3 weeks. That is unusual. Finally the sun was out most of the day yesterday. It sure hasn't been to warm. Just a little above freezing during the day.
I hope that the dr will be able to help your mom. Remember that each day is a gift that you have with her. Think back to a few years ago when you just about lost her and it is a miracle that she is here. Same story as mom if you remember when I was in Vallarta about 5 years ago she had respitory failure and was on life support for 10 days. I knew then that everyday we had with her was precious.

I am trying to keep really busy this week while Larry is away. I have been out most of the time. It is hard to be alone here at the house but if I am outside walking in the park it is so much better.

Time to get ready for my swim, it is nice to see that there is some action on the board.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM   #34  

Janice how did your food choices go yesterda? Did you get active and walk?

Yeah Larry comes home tonight.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:56 AM   #35  

Hey Ladies!

I've been off & on work lately, because Jake is having problems. We were afraid he was getting a cold or the flu, but now we just think he's cutting his 2nd-year molars, thank God. Still a hassle, but at least he's not "sick."

The Tupperware business has been slow lately, too, but partly my fault because I've not felt like pushing it. Hopefully things will pick up now since Christmas is on the way. If any of you need to do any Christmas shopping, don't forget my site.

http://www.mytupperware.com/davischertl
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #36  

Cheryl how are you feeling, little tired now? It won't be long you will be through this pregnancy journal. Wow 2nd year molors already. That is hard to believe. Our little Jake is growing up.
Enjoy your weekend.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #37  
Janice

Dee- you are right, we need to set some goals and get on track. I would like to lose 10 lbs a month. That may be a bit high but lets see how it goes.
I am in a 16 now so lets say the goal is a size 14.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #38  

Good going Janice for setting goals. Now how do you plan on achieving them, what steps will you take?
Old 10-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #39  
Janice

Okay, now you're giving me all the hard questions.
Short answer - no sweets, eat fresh fruit, lots of fibre, lean protein, tons of veggies.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #40  

Sounds like an awesome plan! How about some walking thrown in there? You can do it. Why don't you check in here everyday and let us know how you are doing. Maybe journal on our thread that way it will make you accountable and maybe it will motivate some of us too.

I have goals too. I would like to lose two pounds. The scale has crept up and I am not going to let it get higher than a two pound weight gain. My plan has been to hit the gym morning some afternoons and I have also been going some evenings. After my mom died I just couldn't stand by with out letting out some of my pain. I would scream if I thought that it might help but I started to jog again. It helps me quiet my spirit. Just before I start I dedicate this mile to her. I am not going to jog more than a couple of miles at a time because of the pain it causes in my back.

Anyone else got any goals? It doesn't have to be weight related.

Gayle how do you like your new vehicle? What is Allison going to be for halloween? Do the seniors do something too?

Shelley does your school have halloween parties? The kids look so cute when they are dressed up. Do you dress up for school?

Cheryl are you taking Jake out this year? What will he be? I am sure that he will be a lot more interested in it than last year. Now the fun begins.
How are you feeling? How about your sugar levels, how are you doing with that?

My dad left for Ottawa today. He is driving to visit some of his family and my brother and family. It is probably about a 25 hour drive there. He is keeping very busy. I understand that totally cause that is exactly what i am doing. I think he is ok.
Larry had his first melt down since mom died. We went to see my sisters keeper. It is about a older sister around 13 getting cancer. Her younger sister was concevied for her organs. It is really sad and the older sister dies of cancer. While leaving the show in the mall I asked Larry what he thought of the movie and he broke out sobbing.....saying that he missed mom and that he loved her. He couldn't control his sobbing. He must have cried for a good 10 minutes. I don't think he had cried yet. At least not in front of me. I don't know even if he has had any tears. I feel so much better now that he has cried. It is good for him too.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:58 PM   #41  

My goals for today are

swim 30 minutes; 45 aqua class; 45 low impact class

unrelated goal is

do laundry; make dough for bread; get hot tub water tested; bring amigo in to get nails trimmed
Old 10-28-2009, 09:14 AM   #42  

Yesterdays goals completed!

Todays goals

Run 2 miles
45 minute weight class
walk in the afternoon

buy sheets at costco
try on clothes for PV

What are your goals?
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM   #43  

Hey!

Sorry it's been awhile--my mom, two sisters, Jake and myself took a long week-end and went to Branson to shop and spend some time together. I spent way too much money (on Jake and Stewart--nothing for myself!!), but it was fun!

I got Jake's Halloween costume at the Disney Store--he's going to be Winnie the Pooh. I still have to find him some golden sweatpants to wear under the outfit, which may be hard. I'm hoping, though, that since the local school's colors are blue and gold, some of the sporting stores in the area will have what I need. I also need to make him a Huney pot to collect his treats in. I guess I should have done this a couple of weeks ago but, oh well!!

Dee, I'm glad to hear your dad is gettin out some. Did I read that right--is he really driving 25 hours???? Woosh! I think I'd have to fly!! I'm glad Larry was able to finally express his grief--for BOTH of you. You thought you were the only one suffering, but now you know that you are not alone. Plus, it's a testimony of his love for you that he loved your mom that much. You have such a great family, you are truly blessed.

Janice, I think your plan sounds like a good one. When is your trip to Cuba scheduled? Is your goal to be down 10 lbs by the time you leave? Are you getting bikini ready?

Gayle and Shelley, I miss both of you!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:51 PM   #44  

Cheryl I am very fond of winnie the pooh. Did you know that he is from winnipeg my town? There was a guy here that had a bear called winnie. At the zoo it tells the whole story of how winnie got his name in winnipeg. You will have to post pictures later.
I am glad that you got away with your family. I am jealous of you. I won't be able to do that again. Enjoy every moment you have with a special one.

Fitness goals completed.
Went to costco no sheets

now to try on some of my clothes.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:38 PM   #45  

Any goals?

Today my goals are to

swim 30 minutes
aqua class 45 minutes
low impact class 45 minutes

I am also going to eat healthy.

I have 6 more sleeps til I go to PV, I cant wait.