Dee, your mom was a beautiful lady!

I hope you're holding up.
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #17  

Just checking in to keep us going!!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #18  
Losing it!

Praying for your family Dee. I remember how difficult it was years ago losing my dad. I also know due to my mom's health, I will lose her in the future. You are walking now in the shoes I must bear again one day. Losing a parent is a very difficult thing to do. May God bless you and keep you. Your mom was a very pretty woman (just like her daughter) may you have comfort in knowing she is now singing with the angels.
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #19  

I guys, I am just popping in for a minute. I left for the lake the day after the funeral (sunday) I will be coming home on thanksgiving monday. Dad wants us all over for dinner. I am very sad. Thanks for the prayers, please remember me each day til I get through this. It will be difficult for you all to lose your mom. I will be there to catch you and hold you when it happens.

I love you.
Deelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:35 PM   #20  

Hey where did you gals go???? I need a group hug!

{{{HUG}}}
Old 10-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #21  
Janice

Dee - HUGS!!!

coles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #22  

Hey Janice i love your new picture. Thanks for the hug.

What are you up to lately?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #23  
Losing it!

Love the new pic Janice, you look so young! Cheryl, I Iike the new pic! He is so much cuter then that beagle!

HUGS Dee! You guys continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. How is your dad coping???
gdeann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #24  

Hey all!

I had my 28 week check up yesterday. To my horror, I got the report that I've gained TWELVE pounds in 4 weeks!!! Incredible! The doctor says the baby is too big for her age, but I went through the same thing with Jake, so I'm hoping everything is fine. I've got to go in for the sugar-loading test to see if I have Gestational Diabetes becaue if my rapid weight gain and her size.

Hope you all are doing well--glad everyone (except SHELLEY!!!!!) checked in--makes me
Old 10-16-2009, 07:43 AM   #25  
Janice

Cheryl - I hope everything is okay. Since you went through the same thing with Jake I'm sure everything is fine. The doctors are very careful these days. I love your tracker. Its nice to see your little girl growing.
Dee -

Old 10-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #26  

Hi guys it is nice to see some activity here.

Cheryl I am praying that everything is ok. they were concerned for me too when i was pregnant with Jay but it worked out ok. I hope that the baby isn't too big. That makes for a tougher delivery.

Gayle you post but you don't tell us what you are up too. How is work the old guy leaving you alone?

Janice our weather has been grey and cool. We had a sprinkling of snow on saturday but it is gone. Suppose to be 13 out sunday for the bomber game. Are you putting in lots of hours lately?

I am off for my swim. Maybe I will check around and see if I can find Shelley and bring her back with me. lol

By the way it maybe hard and I cry everyday but I am hanging in there.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM   #27  

Thank you both!

Janice, how is your new position working out for you? I know you're doing basically the same thing, but did your workload/responsibility increase?

Dee, I would cry every day, too. And while I was laying in bed at night. Sometimes I already cry in bed at night just thinking about my parents getting older and how things are going to be without them.

When I had Jake I found out that I don't have "birthin' hips" so all of my babies will be c-section deliveries. The + side of that is that I'll get to schedule my deliveries.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:50 PM   #28  

Shelley thank you for the beautiful card. It made me cry. All I have left is memories. Aunty Sally said that life is about making memories. She was oh so right.

Cheryl I didn't remember that you had a c section. Size doesn't matter as much then but hopefully you don't have GB. I use to worry for years about losing my mom. She has so many ups and downs with her lungs. It is worse than I thought and I dont think that I really have come to terms that she isn't here. Mom and I were close.

Gayle I realized that I didn't answer your question about dad. He seems to be doing ok. He is out at cribage turnaments and trying to keep busy. For goodness sakes right after mom passed away we came back from the hospital and we had to make a big breakfast for everyone and then dad made pickles. lol My dad is an old fasion kind of husband that the wife cooked. He made pickles. Even had to go back to the city to pick up vinegar. As long as he keeps busy it helps him. He got rid of all mom's stuff already. All the estate has been taken care of too. It almost seems like her memory is being erased. Nobody would even talk about her at thanksgiving.

Yesterday we had cake here for Jay's birthday. His birthday is on tuesday but Larry will be away. Anyways I kept up all the cards and her picture. I wasn't sure how that would go but we talked about mom and it was good. I even had a cheque to give Jason from mom for his birthday.

I am having a hard time staying home alone. As long as I am outside I do better. Even when I was camping it was good. Now as soon as I am home alone I feel sad really sad. I decided that I needed to go to PV so I booked a flight for Nov 4 for two weeks. I hope that it helps with the healing process. I will only be home two weeks and then going to Vegas with Larry for a convention. Shelley remember last year when he had the convention? I went to florida. Next year it will be back in orlando so we can get together again.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:12 PM   #29  

Come and post guys we are falling apart here.

I am lonely this week and trying to keep as busy as possible. Larry left for a business trip on sunday.
Hey Shelley he will be in Tampa next week.
So needless to say he is gonna be gone a long time. He will be home for the weekend. I am not sure how long he will be in florida or when he will leave but we won't see much of each other. I am leaving for PV on nov 4th for two weeks. Tow weeks after I get back we are going to Vegas on a convention. Should be fun and help pass my time as I heal

I miss you guys.

xox
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 AM   #30  
Janice

Dee- my heart goes out to you. Everyone handles grief in different ways. Maybe it was just too painful for your Dad to see all your Mom's things.
Hang in there my friend. Going to PV sounds like a good idea.
Cheryl - I hope all is well with you.
The weather hear is gray and rainy. We haven't had snow yet. I can wait a long time for that.
I will try to post more often.

Last edited by coles; 10-21-2009 at 09:17 AM.