Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #76  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello...

JULES...glad to hear the news! And WTG on the 2 lbs!

SUE...hope you are feeling better. Hope you get the results soon too..nothing like waiting.

Hiya to everyone else

Nothing much going on with me...same old, same old. Trying to get my eating in sync with my exercise...doesn't seem to be working, not like I would like anyway. But I am still pluggin' along...I will never quit but I sure do tire of trying to stay on track all the time!!! Such a pain...but then no one ever said it was or would be easy.

Today, ran some errands but did get my walk in. Going to do mow the back later...haven't been able to because of the rain and I know it is still wet but it is looking like a jungle back there.

Went to the scrapbook store to get a copy of the guest list for the baby shower...Charlotte wanted a copy of it for the baby book...she wanted the original but I said "I don't think so!" Lol...going to another baby shower for her Sat so going to give it to her then. Also, got an album going to make a scrapbook for baby Lillian. Going to start with some of the pictures from the baby shower(s).

Hoping all is well with everyone MIA and not, take care! Hugs
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 PM   #77  
One day at a time

So quiet around here...

...not really in a talkative mood but thought I would stop by and say HI, and wish everyone a great weekend. Mine's not started out so great but hope yours is better and you enjoy. Check back later
Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #78  
ugggg.....

Cristina--sorry your weekend isn't going well, hope it gets better.

Kind of worried about teri, I haven't heard from her all day--she usually calls me especially when I have Dominnic. I gues my worry/stress indicators are still on high from Mom and Dad--probably nothing...

having fun with Dominic got a couple books from the library...not much going on...
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #79  
ugggg.....

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

It's a rainy lazy day here....
Old 08-25-2009, 07:10 PM   #80  
One day at a time

Sorry for being MIA...guess I don't check in as often as I had been since hardly anyone ever posts.

For those of you not on facebook we lost our Ernie dog last Friday. He was with us for 14 years and they were all healthy years except this last year when he got cancer in Jan...well it was back and with a vengence...we had to put him down and that is the worst thing ever. But I know he's not suffering, not in pain anymore so that helps. I said I would never get another dog if and when we lost him but I am so lost without that little dog...so weird after 14 years coming home and him not being here to greet us when we come home or start going crazy when it's puppy food time...don't know how he knew it was 5:00 every day but he did, lol. Anyway...life goes on as they say.

Trying to stay focused on eating healthy and my exercise but I swear, the more I try/do the worse it gets. I refuse to give up though. Thinking I will go have my jaw wired! I'm kidding of course, I think...does sound like a good idea though. Anyway...

Hoping all is well with you all...miss you all, and hope to see you soon Ms Susan! Thank you for the card, I promise to get a letter in the mail to you soon.

Have a good day
Old 08-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #81  
ugggg.....

Cristina--so sorry about Ernie dog....are you considering getting another dog???? After Samson died, we ended up with TWO--the ones we have now and I didn't want any more ever!!

Hope everyone is well!!
Old 08-25-2009, 09:19 PM   #82  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I also have been tardy....sorry. Well more absent than tardy I guess.
Cristina I am so sorry to hear about Ernie. I knew he had been sick, and didn't know it got worse. Hugs to you and your family.
Jules-Hope you are doing well and that your parents continue to do well.

I don't know where everyone else is...but I do hope things are good with everyone.

Life has been up and down here...many stresses, but we are conquering them all. I got my biopsy report today and all was normal, thank goodness. We are all healthy for now.
Two Bs-I-L have had hospitalizations in the past two weeks. Both are home and improving, but it sure makes one pause. DH's family are mostly our age or older, with several in their mid 70's.

I have walked and/or ridden the bike lately and just finally started keeping track again. Food has not been the greatest...one step forward, two steps back. But I am not giving up. Hang in there Cristina, I feel your pain.....

Take care chickies and hopefully the board will pick up now that summer is passing.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:17 AM   #83  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Cristina I am so sorry about Ernie Dog. They sure do become part of the family. Glad that you have a little granddaughter that will soon make an appearance to help keep your mind busy. I sure am getting excited for you.

Jules. I am so pleased that your mom's report came back clean. Now she just needs a little time with you and that sweet little grandbaby to just relax (you will be busy chasing sweetheart) and she will be good as new. to you both. Did Teri ever call you to let you know she is ok?

Sue I am pleased that your report came back clean. We can breath a sigh of relief. Good to hear that you are back to biking and walking. Have you gotten some cuddle time in with Mason lately? We need to see some updated pictures.

Mindee. You sure have had a busy summer. You must be looking foreward to school starting so that you can relax. School here starts on Monday. When do yours start?

Sassy How are things going with you? How are the kitties getting along? We are in the process of trying to find a kitty for Cole.

Well I am adjusting to my new job. I am finding it difficult. It is very physically exhausting trying to move the residents to get them dressed, and out of bed, or into bed. I literally drip sweat. But I haven't lost one blasted pound. I also find it hard that some of them can't talk, but are trying to tell me something and I can't figure out what they want. It is getting a little easier every day.

Anyway, I must run and get to bed, I will try and get back tomorrow. I have had to give up some farms as it was starting to take over my spare moments. Just have 2 now.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #84  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUE...glad for the good news. Sorry to hear about the BIL's...hoping they improve each and every day. Yeah, I am plugging along with ya...so hard for sure.

KATHY...I am getting very excited for a little one soon...getting closer! Oh man, sorry you had to give up some farms, lol. I think it was bound to happen...at least you still have two! I am spending way too much time on them myself...but then I don't have a job or a life. Hoping your job gets easier.

JULES...not sure if we will get another dog yet. I'm thinking we will eventually because it is so weird not having Ernie that I can't imagine not ever having another dog around. Just want to give myself time to grieve before jumping in and getting another. Hoping Teri has a great time in Vegas!

Hello to everyone else Hoping all is well with everyone.

Will get caught up with my tickers come Sat...I know there's some miles I haven't added. Haven't come to 3fc much since it's been so quiet around here. But thinking I need to come back regularly...sure helps me stay on track. Still walking of course, get lazy some days but I do it. Speaking of which...have a dvd to do now and then grab some lunch...have a chicken salad planned for lunch...gonna be a late one but I don't feel hungry for some reason.

Thinking of you all, always...take care chickies
Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #85  
I can dream, can't I?

Evening chickies. Hope everyone is making great plans for the week-end. We have a family BD party on Sat. and lazy Sunday.

Cristina- I know...I need to get back here regularly too. It does keep me at least "trying" to be good. Both BsIL are home from the hospitals and doing nicely. We are actually attending a surprise 70th BD party for one Sat.

Jules- Teri going to LV? It was so HOT when we went last month. Hope she enjoys it.

Kathy- I actually watched and cuddles Mason yesterday. I will probably have him for a couple hours Sunday. His mommy is trying to go to school and work, so she needs help at times. Right now she is looking for a baby-sitter, but we are taking up the slack. DGS is not doing his part...but that is yet another stressful story. Anyway, Mason is a joy and I am going to care for him as much and as long as I can. Glad your job is going well right now...it will get even easier.

I don't know where everyone else is hiding, but do you all, or anyone, know if the rest of the classroom chickies are doing OK?

I have been on the bike 6 miles and walked 3 miles the last 4 days. Not a lot, but I am getting back at it. It has been very hot too, so I do it late. Have not snacked since Sunday...well, bad snacks anyway. I did have fruit a couple days. I am not eating after 8 again...worked for me last time, getting more ridgid with the schedule. DH went to the Dr. today and had gained weight this past year. Now he says no more snack cakes or high calorie sodas...yay! I don't even like cakes much, but if they are here and I get the munchies they are fair game. SO not having them is a plus. I don't drink more than 2 Cokes a week, so that is not a worry. For now I am not missing the snacks and I am eating much better. Of course, it takes me foreeeeever to lose a pound. So I am not too anxious.

Have been cleaning out closets and drawers, getting rid of un-used items. How have I accumulated so much in 3 years? I got rid of so much before we moved in here....funny. Mom cleaned out her linen closet and gave the kids a huge amount of towels. She had enough for a very large family...lol. And since she washes often I imagine she uses the same 2-3 bath towels each week. I know DH and I do cause I wash so often.

Well, enough of my rambling...talk to me girls.

Last edited by suetalks; 08-27-2009 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #86  
ugggg.....

Hi All!! I htink my parents are on the road to recovery,,,fingers crossed....Dad got a petscan which he grumbled about having to get before radiation can start but there is no cancer in his body--the radiation is just a precaution. Mom is looking better to me and my brother though when others see her they think she looks rough. She's still got a long way to go but it finally seems we are moving in the right direction.

I've been bad about posting here too...it was just too much for a while, but I do like posting here since it seems more personal and I miss you all. Don't know how much it actually helps in the weight loss but I am here...

Sue--yes Teri is in Vegas for JR's 30th birthday--they are going to a few shows....she said it is so HOT she may melt!!!! They miss Dominic already...Hubby took off work yesterday and I will miss Monday to stay with the boy, we got him Wed evening and Teri will get him sometime Monday evening/night. How are all the family members doing--you all have been going through a rough time. I added you on facebook!!

Cristina--when is the grandbaby's due date--I can't remember--I know it's coming up quick. Hugs again about Ernie dog--pets become family members--the whole time Ry was out west he always asked about his cat.

Kathy--we took Dominic down to see mom last Sunday--she loved it,. All that sweating must be doing something!! Building muscles probably!! Teri called at each stop--they were both totally exhausted by the time they got to their hotel.

well it's off to the store and other errands....
Old 08-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #87  
I can dream, can't I?

Good news Jules about your parents. (do you think we have somehow becomes the parents and our parents are the children?) Maybe your parents are not old enough to be at that stage yet...but I feel it once in awhile here.

We are off and running this morning. Mom and I hit some garage sales...looking for baby furniture and exersaucers/jumperoos. Found nothing but strollers...which we didn't need.

Now getting ready to leave for the rest of the day to BI'sL surprise party. I hope I can control my eating. I have done well with not snacking, but I fear today will be one lonnnnggg snack. My darn weight was down mid-week than today back up...so who knows? That with eating ok and riding the bike...so I can't win. Will just keep plugging away.....

HAve a wonderful week-end chickies and I will check in later.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #88  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

BIG HUGS Cristina. I know pets certainly are a part of the family, esp when they have been around a long time, its like they are a part of you........At least thats how I have always felt.

Sorry I've been MIA. I just felt like a hypocrite coming here since I've been doing terribly with eating and all. I do want to get back on track, but just quite not ready yet.....dunno why..........

But wanna wish you all well!

Big to all!!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #89  
ugggg.....

Sassy--just come and visit

Sue--I think I am going to be there sometime in the future--Dad seems to have recovered rather quickly, I am not sure how the radiation treatments will effect him, Mom seems to finally be getting better too, she is enjoying physical therapy and she was even going to take a walk this evening since the temps have cooled off. Ryan and Teri have both been doing well so I may be coming up on a calm period finally...

Teri and Jr come back from Vegas over night..they land at Dullus at 5AM--they are going to go sleep and then Teri needs to go to class--hope the jet lag doesn't get them too bad. They saw Chris ANgel on Friday night--they had front row seats--they said it was amazing--I think they were going to see Drew Carrey last night--I haven't heard from them yet today..JR took $200 down to gamble and came back with $800 one night...don't know about the rest..

Ry has been doing good...the new girlfriend is really sweet and down to earth and good for him. The old girlfriend is calling again--her and her new live in boyfriend want to have an open relationship and date other people too...she's chasing after Ry but he's not interested at this point. It's crazy!!!

My boys are taking a nap so I am trying to catch up on here...Hope everyone is having a good day!!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:20 AM   #90  
ugggg.....

Hi All!! Hubby was suppossed to go to work today and give me a Dominic day, but he stayed home.....