Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

popping in while I can......

our friend offered to take Brandon to the pool today if he behaved for me......so far he is.....so when she calls and says that she is heading over to the pool, then I will get him ready and meet her over there with him!

Tommy has to call the lady today about the house.....then we are more than likely going to pay the rent for August, give our 30 days in September and then be out of here by October! we have to figure things out with the boys' schooling also.....then hopefully they will be going back to the school that Brandon started out in!

we had some chili cheese sausages last night! they are so gooooooooood!!!!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 09:44 AM   #32  
ugggg.....

Quickkee--I am trying to hit all the spots I need to before making breakfast and going to the store...

Mom had some complications with her drainage tubes, but all seems to be fine now, we take her back to see the doctor on Tuesday (and have the MANY, MANY staples removed...

Dad's surgery went well, had some scary moments once he got into his room with his blood pressure dropping dangerously low--they got him under control though..he had an awesome Intensive Care nurse

finished a book during all the waiting--it was really good--The Weight of Silence--it's a debut of a new author--hoping for great books to keep coming--it is very sad, but very suspenseful and hard to put down once you start..

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Silence...9046607&sr=8-1
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 01:26 PM   #33  

well, I have FINALLY come to an agreement on what I want for my next tattoo, but I might have to wait until next time to get it done.

I will try and figure out if I can post a picture of mine and what Tommy is going to get here in a second.

ok....for some reason it isn't letting me share them, but I put them up on my facebook so you can check them out there!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 07-31-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:06 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

SUE...aaahh, I missed saying bye to ya, hope you guys have a wonderful time in Vegas! Wishing I was there with ya!

SASSY...my hair has changed somewhat. I have some curls underneath...family thought I was crazy until I let it dry natural and dd saw the curls. Reason for my change, one word...menopause. I didn't really think about it until I talked with my cousin...she went thru the change early and her hair changed. But there could be other reasons for you because I know you are younger than this old bat, lol! A friend told me her straight as a board hair turned curly when her mother cut it when she was younger...honestly I swear she always got a perm, lol. Anyway...glad you guys found the culprit of the stench, yuck!

KATHY...too cute calling grandpa grandma, I love it! Kids say and do the darnest things, and I love seeing things thru a childs eyes. Yay to Cody on his new truck, bet he is loving it! Can't wait to see a picture.

JULES...glad all went well with your mom, hoping the stitches come out with no pain, ouch. Sounds painful. Glad your dad is okay after all that, I can only imagine how scary it was for everyone The book looks good, something I definitely will have to read. Hoping all is going well with you.

MINDEE...did Brandon get to go to the pool afer all? I've been wanting to go but it's been a little cool here. It's nice, but to cool to go to the pool. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys in the hopes you get the house.

HIYA TAMMY, SUSAN, FRANCIE, KATY and anyone else I may have missed...I am sure I missed someone, or it seems I always do. Miss you all!

Not a lot going on with me...yesterday I spent most of the day shopping. Grocery shopping and looking for the last little things for the baby shower. I needed some stuff for the diaper cake I am making. Hoping it turns out decent looking. Anyway...I am ready for it. A little sad that only 8 people RSVP'ed but it's better than none so...Charlotte thinks some will just show up like they did at Cambrie's BD party. She said no one RSVP'ed...well, I hope not a lot do because I may not have enough food, lol. Just going with the number that RSVP'ed and doubling that so if there's not enough oh well.

Weight wise and food wise...food is okay, working on it and the weight, well I'll know tomorrow. I will WI tomorrow since it's the first day of a new month and I am starting a couple of challenges. I have made a goal of 20 pounds Aug 1-Oct 12 and if I can't do that then I may as well quit! I also challenged myself to a 30 day no eating out goal and last but not least a walking goal...I picked a destination and am aiming to be there by Jan 1, 2010! So we will see how this all goes!

Hoping all is well in your little corner of the world...chat soon. Take care

P.S. I will change my ticker(s) tomorrow when I WI and will add a walking one to keep track of it here as well.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 07-31-2009 at 02:08 PM.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 PM   #35  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Jules. Thanks for the update, I have been worried about you and your family. How far is Baltimore from where you live? How long will your dad have to be in the hospital for? Glad your mom is better. How come they used staples instead of dissolvable stitches?

Mindee that is exciting that you will be out of that place in a few months. How many tattoos do you have now? Did Brandon have fun at the pool?

Sassy how have you been? On your days off do you still stick to your same schedule and stay up all night? Just wondering if I get nights how would be the best way to work it.

Sue - I hope that you are having a good time in Vegas.

Cristina- Have you got all your baby shower plans all ready? I have two to go to in the next few days. Is little princess getting excited about the baby? How has the mowing of the yard been going? You must have a very nice yard.

Katy - How are you? Hope things have been going well for you.

Francie - Hi to you and hope that you are well.

This weekend is the Big Valley Jamboree, the big country music festival here in town. Our normal population is 16000, but for the weekend, our population is about 40000. I have to run to town and get everything we will need for the next few days because I don't want to have to go out at all for the next few days.

Ok I will be back later. Have a super day everyone.
Ok
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 PM   #36  
Not Giving Up

Cristina you snuck in there while I was posting.
Aaww a diaper cake will be so cute. Thats too bad that only 8 people RSVP'd, but that is wise to double the food. Just in case. Can I join you in your 20 lb challenge? I do need something. I have actually my eating way down as it has been so hot here, but I have not lost a pound. Can't really figure it out, but I had better try.

Ok now I must run...and SusieQ...I feel bad, as I forgot to say hello to you. I know that you mentioned that your exs helped you move, and he expected payment....Is that where you are???
Old 08-01-2009, 03:23 PM   #37  
Not Giving Up

Hoping that everyone is having a great Saturday.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:29 PM   #38  

I thought I would stop in here while I have the energy to do so. We ended up finishing our laundry today and then we took the kids and went to watch some boat racing on Lake St. Clair. It was a lot of fun.....I took about 140 pictures (they are going up on both myspace and facebook as I type this). And we ended up meeting up with a friend of ours (the one that used to work here), so we walked around with him and his family for a little bit, and then we split so we could get some dinner.

while we were out, the lady about the house called us and told us that we could go and look at it tomorrow if we wanted to! so Tommy is going to call her in the morning and see what we can do! then we might go back out to St. Clair for more boat racing!

Cristina~ Yeah, they all ended up going to the pool! I ended up giving in and taking them. Our friend has been calling me a vampire lately because she says that I don't come out of the house anymore since our friend doesn't work here anymore. So, I called her on the way over to the pool and asked her if she was going to join the vampire at the pool. We really want the house.....but we are not sure about it now! we have been thinking about just switching to a six month lease and riding things out until the spring, and then doing another three month lease to take us into June......and then getting a house then. we will figure it all out here shortly.......so cross your fingers for us on that one!

Kathy~ Right now, I have four tattoos.....two on each leg under the calf. The next one I am going to get is going to go on my lower back.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy Sunday Ya'll!

Just sitting here avoiding things I NEED to be doing!

MINDEE...yeah, you guys will get it all figured out. Vampire eh? Made me think of Ms Francie, lol. Hope you guys had fun at the pool and the boat races, sound fun. I've been sticking around the house and not doing much of anything, so bored and boring for sure!

KATHY...I don't blame ya there. You know I miss out on a lot of things because I avoid crowds...parking is terrible anytime there is an event. But I'm getting a little better at sucking it up and just doing it. Baby shower planning is coming along, sort of. Such a pain for sure. Not sure why no one feels the need to RSVP these days or if it is just Charlottes people, just rude though. Not sure how they think someone is supposed to plan something if no one calls! Did get a count from Char yesterday though and as it stands we are up to 20...she called just about everyone who hasn't responded. So tomorrow when she knows more I guess I will have to go buy some more stuff...not too much though because I still have a feeling these girls that are saying yes may not show up after all...we'll see. I defintely won't do another one!

Hoping everyone is having a good Sunday/weekend!

I got my walk in this morning, I was lazy yesterday. And yes Kathy, you may join the 20 pound challenge. I haven't been able to change the ticker for some reason...going to try again here in a few minutes.

Take care ladies
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #40  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Peeps.

Well we got our house cleaned, spic and span. Now its back to "FUN" world........and don't you just love coming into work and having a lovely paper left on your desk or a lovely email? Drives me nuts. I guess its easy to point fingers at people you do not see. (Nights) I swear if I did not need this crappy job I would have just walked right back out the door! I am just really tired of it. I know there is crap everywhere you go, but I am just so tired of certain people get to do whatever they want and others who bust their butt gets "nice" little notes left on their desk or emails. Anyways. I guess I should be lucky I have a job to complain about...........but still irks me!

Cristina -- Yeah it may be due to my PCOS, which can "mimmick" menopause due to all of our hormones. Could just be that my hair just now decided to act right! HA! We're glad too we found the stench! Hope the baby shower goes well.

Kathy -- We've been fine. We went and saw the new Harry Potter movie on Thursday, that was an excellent night to go and we went at 10 pm, there was grand total of 7 of us in there!!!!!!! It was the IMAX (3D) so it was pretty cool, not my favorite Harry Potter movie, but not terrible.......Yes we do keep our schedule on our "nights" off. It is a lot easier for us than switching back and forth, which some people do. We find that it is much easier on your body to stay on your schedule, if you can. I know some people can't, due to kids, etc. If we need to do something during the daytime, we either, stay up later (in the daytime) or get up earlier (in the afternoon or evening). So no big deal. Probably a lot more info than u wanted, right? lol. I used to hate when the town we used to live in had festivals for everything, then the town would be PACKED so I feel ya on that one!

Jules -- Glad your moms procedure and dads surgery went ok. I can imagine it must have been scary!

Big to all!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 08-02-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:04 AM   #41  

well, we had a great fun filled Sunday!!!

we took the kids back out to the boat races, and we actually got to see some racing today! yesterday was all the qualifying and such.....so today was a lot of fun!

I am uploading almost 300 pictures to both myspace and facebook, so take a look and let me know what you think on them!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:01 PM   #42  
Not Giving Up

Hello everyone.

Just popping in really quickly as I have lots of stuff to get done before I start my new tomorrow.

Cristina I went to a babyshower yesterday, and I made DD come with me, as it was for a girl that I haven't seen since she was 3. Her mom and I used to be best friends from the time we were 3 until we were 11 when we moved, Saw her some years later, then found each other on facebook. Glad we went because alot of her family that said they would come didn't show up. Thought that was quite rude. There was a game they played there, they made 8 little paper towel diapers, then put melted chocolate bars in them and you had to guess what the chocolate bar was. Don't think anyone will be eating chocolate for a few days. Was funny though.

Sassy thank you. That was exactly what I needed to know. I was a little dissapointed in the HP movie, as they seemed to leave out a little more in this movie...but I will still buy it when it co mes out. I just hope they take their time doing the last movie. Glad you and hubby got a date night. Hugs for your work stress.

Mindee - You two will come up with the best plan about the house. The boat races look like fun. When do the kids start back to school?

Hey Francie did you go to your Twilight Convention yet?

Hi to everyone else.

The country music festival ended early due to a big accident. We had a freak storm that rolled in with no warning it was a mix between a hurricane and a tornado and the huge stage that takes a week to put up due to all the metal collapsed. Billy Currington was on stage and Kevin Costnar (didn't know he was a singer also) was about to go on. They had to cancel Sundays show. DD was so upset as she really wanted to see Tim Mcgraw. Wasn't really a Kevin Costnar fan, but he was out there helping the injured in the crowd, and he also visited them in the hospital. That is a real classy star.

I'll check back later. Have a great day.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #43  

just finished folding the laundry.....put the boys stuff away, also folded mine and Tommy's clothes....will put that away later.

we are supposed to go and look at the house tonight, but I don't think we are going to. there is no way that we are going to be able to afford to come up with rent for here for this month, and then an additional $1500 to hand over to the lady on the house. so, we are more than likely going to pass on the house for now and just stay here until early summer next year.

Kathy~ My goodness! I remember reading about that when you posted I think Saturday night.....YIKES! That is a real stand up thing to do of Kevin Costnar. The kids start school on I think September 9th.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #44  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Happy *YAWN* Monday!

Happy Monday.......

Sooooooo tired. I dunno why. I went to bed at the same time as always, I did sleep, actually slept better than yesterday, so I dunno what the deal is...................UGH.

Kathy -- YW. Yeah I too was disappointed, but like you I still will buy it when it comes out, but yeah I def. hope they take their time on the last one, esp since they are splitting it into two parts. Wow that is scary about the weather! That is nice that Kevin Costner (like in the actor dude? Didn't know he sang either?) did that! Very nice. I did find the article about it. http://www.gactv.com/gac/nw_headline...45083_,00.html And I looked it up and YES it is THE Kevin Costner!!!!!! Who knew?? lol. That blows my mind!!!! Hee Hee Hee. Doesn't take much for me!! lol

Mindee -- Well since your done with your laundry, you can mosey on over to my house and fold mine! HA! lol. I don't mind folding, but I absolutely hate putting away stuff. lol. Sorry about the house, we had to wait a while before we got into our house, but I'm glad we waited. You'll find the perfect house for you and your family when the time is right and it will be so worth it! I know that is easier said than done, but it is true. I used to get soooooooo impatient waiting to get out of that apt. we lived in, but it all worked out. So I wish you luck and now you have another year to take your time and look at houses if you want. Anyways, big

to all.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:25 AM   #45  

well, we managed to get out again tonight without the kids! our friend offered to make us dinner and then she offered to watch the kids tonight.....so we took her up on her offer!

Shell~ I agree with you! We didn't want to have to feel like we were rushing into anything, so we decided that it would be best for us to cleaning up our credit while staying in the apartment, that way it would give us plenty of time to clean it all up and get the house that we want, and not have to settle for what is available to us.