Old 03-29-2009, 02:14 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Well the crap is melting, thank goodness...made for a big mess! DS#1 got stuck in the driveway on his fourth try. The snow/ice piled up quite a bit at the end of the driveway and it's at a slant/little hill...it was just a sheet of ice in the driveway but yay it's melting. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the high 50's so...

Nothing going on...same old, same old, just a lazy Sunday. Going to read some and get some laundry done and that is about it.

SUSAN...I think Valerie B. looks GREAT! no matter what size. I didn't think she looked bad before.

FRANCIE...I am sure Fonzo has something special planned for you BD! Funny the kitties sleep with you, I wouldn't be able to handle that...I am a bed hog, lol. You will get a good workout with r-ball.

JULES...ouch to Teri...hoping she is feeling okay today! Hoping Ry gets the job And what a treat...I would love to have a jet tub...would be great to just sit and soak. Hoping the weather is better today so little Dominic can get out to play.

Guess I'll go do whatever it is I am doing today...have a good day.
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #17  
kitty Momo

Cristina - what are you reading? You probably have said already, sorry. I am soooo ready for this winter weather to be over.

Katy - thanks for the offer! I guess I have whined about wanting to learn how to knit long enough. lol I was whining about my having to get fifty cent refills to save money and everyone gives me starbucks cards for my birthday....lol. I think I have $65 dollars in gift cards now. yay. And it was miserable weather yesterday. The rain kind of meshed w/ the horse poop so I couldn't figure out where to step....is it mud or horse poop mush?
Outdoor school is so much fun! I am sure DH will have a great time, you can send a note to him if that helps!
Becky is suppose to do the counselor training on the 4th.

anyway, gave G a bath and packed up the car. We're going home! Chat later.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #18  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just thought I would pop in quickly.....

we had date night last and we went to Longhorn steakhouse....then we went to Dave & Buster's to hang out and play some games. it was a lot of fun, and it was nice to get out again without the kids.

the kids are doing well.....Marissa isn't as snotty sounding as she has been. but she could be getting her two year molars......I forgot about all the teething that they do!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #19  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Morning all...

Susan...I am actually reading 2 books, The Time Travelers Wife and ???, forgot the name of it...one of those quickie little, goofy love stories by Janet Evanovich.

I too am ready for winter to done with, ugh! I think it pretty much is here now. The last three or four years we have had a snow storm in March and then that was it so, fingers crossed. Supposed to be up to 60 today so it's mostly melted already...but then we are supposed to get rain later...so we will be wet for a few days.

Bet it is good to be home...no place like home.

Anyway...that's all I have.

Have a great Monday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #20  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Omg..I loved The Time Traveler's Wife!!!! They're making that into a movie!! I cannot wait for it.
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:13 PM   #21  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Monday, Monday......Sorry to be tardy.

Haven't felt well here, and going to the Dr. tomorrow. Same old things for 4 years now...right side pain, nausea, etc. I have always thought it was gallbladder related, but now I am not sure. Since mom has had her kidney trouble I have found that she has a birth defect (kidney) and it just didn't bother her except once in the 90's and now. I also found out an aunt and grandfather had kidney birth defects. All on the right side. Back in '91 my then Dr. told me that my kidney was not "quite" in the right place, but that it should not ever become a problem. I remembered this after finding out all the other kidney info in the family. Sooooo...I am going to advise my Dr. of all the family history and I just bet he will do a kidney scan. Maybe I will be blessed with finally having a diagnosis and a remedy. At least I will know and will not be as old as mom who can not have surgery for her problem due to her heart condition. I could at least have surgery if it is required. *fingers crossed* that it is not required, but that it is something easily medicated.

Okay...I didn't mean to get into Medical History 101. Just wanted you all to know why I have not been here..and know I am taking care of it the best I can.

Haven't exercised and of course, not eating right. I will WI on April Fools Day and go from there. I bet I am back UP to 170 or higher. Grrrr....

Be back tomorrow.....

Last edited by suetalks; 03-30-2009 at 12:15 PM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sue - grrrrrr to your 170 and grrrrr to 150 ((I was 144 on Friday!!!!!)) for me. Here I thought I was doing just peachy over the last few days
and I F-ING gained, and it wasn't even on wine! That is what pisses me off the most. lol Corn beef and cabbage?? Blueberry Muffins?? WTH

I am glad you are back, can't keep up w/ all the medical though, just my numb butt.

Cristina - I will have to look for The Time Travelers Wife later today at the library. I am almost done w/ Flirting w/ 40. Almost makes me want to spend my federal refund on a trip to Hawaii for sex. Sheesh, I can see doing what *Jackie* did at 40 but not at 45........I am mature now. lol

to Mindee & Francie - hope you gals have a good Monday.

I better get, have tons of housework and need to get groceries in the house. I was in a pre or post pms mood last night and cut myself some bangs. But I did them too short so I am using boppy pins (sp) to pull them back.....kind of like a Pebbles hair do now. OMG- I will never get a date again. And I can't find any eye place that will take my medical!! Way frustrating.

oh, I did manage to get Gab in the next Shark class! You have to be on the ball for that because it gets filled up so fast.

k- carry on........
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 PM   #23  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Unhappy

Hey all.

I am just grrrrrrr. Just tired of dealing with insurance and people. Why do I pay all this money for insurance and they continually have to battle me? I feel like just giving up.

Tired of people wanting to change me. Why am I not good enough? I dunno maybe I should just shut up.........
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:43 PM   #24  

I am so fricken mad right now! we just opened up a new bank account with both of our names on it, and I was catching up the checkbook with what it said online....well, I signed on and saw that our available balance was $87.42 and I know that we should have more than that in there.

sure enough, there is a pending charge on the account for $799.28 and neither one of us used the card for that amount! Tommy is already not feeling well because he thinks he has the flu or the 24 hour stomach bug. Now, he is not going to work because he isn't feeling well.....but instead he has to go to the bank to find out where the purchase was made and to put a stop payment on it!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM   #25  

wow!

a whole day without any posts on here......where is every one at?
Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 AM   #26  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

I am in California. I am loving the weather, although I am not loving the sunburn. We have spent 2 whole days walking. If I have not lost at least 3 pounds by the time I get home, I will be heartbroken. Did Disneyland today, Doing Universal Studios tomorrow and then Thursday, I will be sleeping all day due to exhaustion. Anyway I am off to bed.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:45 AM   #27  
I can dream, can't I?

Default Happy April Fool's Day!!

Good morning. Looks like everyone is extremely busy.
I hope you are not MIA due to illnesses or problems.

Well, I did the April 1st WI and I was not fooled...I did go back to 170. I wonder why my body goes to that weight..must be a comfort zone. LOL So, if I get all my other problems solved I will have to work harder on the weight.

Dr. did blood-work and is sending me for more tests. I am so used to feeling this way, after 4 years, that it almost feels normal. I also had fluid behind my eardrums, so I am on a 2 month med. regimen for that. I also have to see a surgeon after all these other tests...so not looking forward to that. Aging is for the birds...not for the weak, I tell ya.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #28  
I can dream, can't I?

Kathy- So glad you are enjoying CA. You better use sunscreen!! My DD and DGD are in CA visiting my other DD and DGS. They are having a ball!

Have a good rest Thurs. LOL...
Old 04-01-2009, 12:27 PM   #29  
kitty Momo

April Fools Day -

It is nice you drop in while on vacation Kathy! Sounds like you are having fun!

Did you get that $799 purchase taken care of Mindee?? That would freak me out for sure, hope Tommy is feeling better.

My ex says getting older is for the birds Sue. I don't really look forward to it myself. I notice it at work the most when I can get down on my knees but have to hosit myself back up, not at all lady like. haha.

Sassy - as you get older you won't care what others think of you as much, trust me. I hope you are having a better day today!

Just popping in myself. Weighed in at 148 this morning, not sweating it too much, I think my body likes the 150 range over the 140, I still want to get it below 145 though, hope by the weekend.

Picked up Time Travelers Wife, hope it is as good as you all say! I also have Love the one your with by Emily Giffen.

Heading for my eye appt this morning, so I will chat later!

to everyone else!!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #30  
RosieKate

Hi gals..just saw the broccoli and thought it was so cute!

Yeah...i've been busy, so I'm not as caught up here as I would like. Still exercising everyday - yippee! I'm finishing up the research study I've been a part of for the last 30 months. I was hoping to say I'd lost 30 lbs in 30 months, but I don't think I'll be there..have about 3 or 4 lbs to go and my body is being quite stubborn. My big OHSU visit is tomorrow. I guess officially it will be 25 lbs in 30 months. I am happy about it. Many women on the study lost alot at the beginning and gained much of it back. I just lost very slow and steady and am keeping off what I lost. I don't think I am typical.

Susan - I LOVED Time Traveler's Wife..hope you like it , too. I'm eager to see what kind of movie it turns out to be.

Sue - Hope the tests turn something up this time, and you can get rid of these chronic problems. My body seems to like 175...I get down to 171 or 172, then I'll have dessert or a glass of wine and the next day it's popped back up. 168 would be my 30 lb goal, but I don't think I'll make it by the 9th. I can try.

Mindee - Did you get the bank error taken care of? That stuff stresses me out so much, I don't manage it well at all. Hope Tommy is feeling better.

Kathy- Glad your vacation is going well - sounds like so much fun!

Sassy- Susan is right..the older you get, the less you care How's the house coming along? Would love to see pics when you get to that point. I enjoyed seeing the pics you have up on MS.

Cristina - I saw that Valerie Bertinelli cover you were talking about. She looks great - even better then when she was a kid. I remember her in a bikini on a People cover way back when..maybe 1980? She looked good then, but even better now.

This week is turning out to be a busy one...lots of volunteer stuff at the schools. I spent Monday gutting my son's room (have to strike while the iron is hot...and he's gone). I'm headed back to the elementary school soon for a meeting. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited by RosieKate; 04-01-2009 at 02:08 PM.