Old 03-09-2009, 01:26 AM   #91  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Mindee.........my sympathies to you and your family.......

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 AM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning...

MINDEE...hugs to you and your family.

Hello to everyone else.

Nothing much going on...did get some exercise done last night after all, a hour...better than nothing I guess. Going to do a 40 minute dvd later since Cambrie is trying to sleep...apparently she was a little too tired this morning and Josh said she needs a nap. Anyway...I have nothing, lol. Going to go for a walk in about 30 minutes...have to get it in early as we are supposed to get some nasty storms later.

Later
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:56 AM   #93  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone

Mindee - I am so sorry about your grandma. It does come as quite a blow, even though you know that it is coming.

Ok I am so jealous that you get to turn the a/c on. It is freakin -40 degrees F outside today. Besides the fact that we are snowed in and can't go anywhere until a snowplow comes and plows the road and our driveway the mile to the highway. I HATE WINTER! and to think, only at least 6 more weeks of this.

Sorry, I am a little cranky this morning. I will go and have a nap, and come back when I can play nice.

Last edited by luckycharm; 03-09-2009 at 09:58 AM.
luckycharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #94  
RosieKate

Mindee so sorry about your grandma! Love your tattoo idea..they will always be in your heart. I know you will figure out a way to tell the kids. Having had to do this myself, all I can say is you have to tell them and it does work out. Sometimes my kids have been able to have the words to express what we all felt better than the grownups did. They let themselves feel things, not like us so called grownups

Hi all.. I'm still exercising everyday - yippee! Let's see, Friday, I blew the carbs because I ate a bacon cheeseburger from Humdinger - bad me. But since, everyday has been under 100 g. Weighed in at 173 today. I'm just the (Not so) Little Engine that could, haha.

Kathy - sorry you are snowed in. I have been *****ing about snow all morning ( I'm seriously sick of snow - this is OREGON fps!) but we don't have it nearly as bad as you, so I'll shut up.

Sassy - welcome to your new home...can't wait to see pics and read all about your home projects. Good luck with the fertility doc. I, too, have met moms with PCOS over the years, so it is way too soon to give up!

Cristina - Hope the next open house goes well...how's the market where you are? Prices here are lower, but not totally tanking. Sales seem to be taking longer, but they are still happening. I have some friends who are now first time home buyers who never thought they would ever be able to afford a home in our community. I guess you just never know, huh.

Susan- I'm looking forward to DWTS...love that show; and I'm excited that Melissa was added. I saw her Ellen interview and thought she handled herself very well. She has a lot more class that the people she's had to deal with. DWTS will give her a nice chunk of change that will take the sting out of the Bachelor experience.

HI to everyone else..sorry I'm not getting to everyone, but I have to pay some bills. I dropped off my graduate school application today so :fingerscrossed: It was weird...I haven't been to the campus in a long time..I felt like the old lady next to all the twenty-somethings. I'll get over it.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #95  
One day at a time

Back again for a few minutes.

Got the rugrat off to preschool, late. Oh well...tried to give her a nap but it wasn't happening. Then she started being a little arse, lol...so at 9:50'ish I made her lay down and we tried again. Had to get onto her a few times but she finally cracked and passed out. I had to wake her at 11:40'ish to get up and eat lunch. I was not going to hurry either. Preschool starts at 12:30 and it takes 15-20 minutes to get there so, whatever. We were 15 minutes late which isn't so bad, thought we would be later.

Now DH is coming home early. He has been fighting at work to actually work, lol. I told him not to complain about having to go to work and not having anything to do. I know, like he said, it makes for a long day just standing around doing nothing but at least he has a job, thank God! But he has vacation hours and other kind of hours that he can take so he's just taking 1 1/2 hours off. We are going to head to this place he has been wanting to check out...a place to get red friday t-shirts and then home for Jeopardy and a walk. I knew I should have walked outdoors ealrier...was waiting for it to warm up. The rain hit me on my way back so no walk outdoors...gonna hit the treadmill.

MINDEE...guess I read thru the post too quickly. I love the tattoo idea! I agree with Katy about the kids. People think kids can handle it but they handle some things a lot better than us. Anyway, lots of hugs to you an dyour family.

SASSY...I take it you are enjoying your new home! And the blonde do! Hoping to see a pic of both soon.

KATHY...lots of hugs to you Miss Cranky, lol. I'm glad we haven't had much snow this year. You know though, seems like when we have a mild winter, we usually have a wet spring/early summer, or a bad tornado season. I forgot, speaking of tornado's...can't remember the town you mentioned a while back...guessing we are not close too it, didn't even know a tornado had touched down. Anyway...hoping they get the roads cleared soon and you can get out! And THANK YOU for the card today! That was very sweet of you lady.

Hi to everyone else Hoping you find us Robin!

Better get going...hubby will be here in a few minutes.

Take care ladies, and have a good day.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #96  
One day at a time

Shoot *slaps forehead* I forgot to you Katy...good grief where the heck is my head? The market is still okay around here...a little slow but things are selling too...espeically the pricier homes and the cheaper new builds. Not to say the others aren't...they are just taking a little longer. I'm hoping it doesn't take us too much longer...I just want to get all this stuff over with!

You are doing GREAT with the exercise! And WTG on the carbs as well. You'll be fine at school, theres all ages now days.

Okay, I better get, this is taking longer than I thought...again, have a good day ladies!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #97  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Mindee~So sorry for your loss!!! The tattoo sounds like a great idea!!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #98  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

thanks for all the kind words and hugs ladies....they really mean a lot to me.

I have done well so far, I only broke down once today and it was during nap time while Brandon was at school.

I tried to get on here earlier but it told me that the server was busy and to try again later. so here I am trying again later.

I am making meatloaf, sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes for dinner. Tommy is supposed to be getting off work right about now, so I am hoping to have dinner almost ready when he gets home from work. I invited our friend over for dinner, but I haven't heard anything from him....so who knows.

okay so much for having dinner almost ready when Tommy gets home, he just called me on his way home! oops! I guess I should have pulled the meat out and defrosted it earlier!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #99  

oh yeah....thanks for the nice words on my tattoo idea. Tommy told me that he will sketch up something for me. then he started laughing and said "to the best of my ability anyways."
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #100  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon -

Mindee- , I am sorry about your grandmother, the tattoo is a nice idea to honor both her and your grandfather.

Kathy - You still in a cranky mood?

Cristina - haha, Cambrie can be late for preschool, I wouldn't be rushing either....always pressure to be somewhere at a certain time, gets tiring.

Katy - I wasn't really going to stay up for DWTS but if Melissa is going to be on there I will. I have liked the show in the past but I get tired by 7pm. lol And yes, I HATE this weather, snowing here on and off all day. Good for you on the carbs & exercise, stay away from Humdinger - btw - are they good burgers?? Never been there.

Sassy - Glad you are getting moved in...., like the idea of planting flowers this spring. I did have some sprout up in front of my place a few days ago, I think they are like confused because it if FREEZING!

if I missed you, sorry. I think I will go lay back on my couch. I kept Gab home from school because she was coughing all night, seems ok now. I've just been exhausted and had to make an effort to get my arse off the couch just to get on the computer. So, I have done nothing all day and feel somewhat guilty but whatever.....I deserve to be lazy for a day!

Thinking of changing G name from my maiden name to my married name and her fathers name combined. She really considers the R's father as her father and I wanted to honor him for always being there for her and I guess we would have to include her birth father too. I can always do something to honor my father in a different way. Anyway, just thinking about that, not 100% sold on it.

blah - blah..........back to my hole! haha

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 03-09-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #101  

thanks for the hugs Suzie Q, they mean a lot to me.

well, they say deaths happen in threes......my grandma's was the first one, our neighbors dad just passed away about an hour ago. her daughter came over here to get Tommy, and I am about to go over there and see if they need anything.

the office manager called us to see what was going on and to see what was going on because our neighbor called her to tell her what was going on. so the office manager called me to see what was going on and for us to keep her informed. so I will go over there in a minute to see if there is anything that our neighbor wants me to tell the office manager.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 213/203/180

Height: 5'11"

Hi Everyone!

I finally have a minute to myself to jump in and find you. I don't have a lot of time right now, but I'm gonna try and update my profile and I wanted to say "Hi" and thanks for the warm welcome. I promise I will be back to chat as soon as I can. Kathy and Christina and I go waaaaay back....thanks for looking my up Kathy. How sweet!! See ya' soon.
happy heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #103  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hola.

Well another fun filled night at work. Yay. lol.

One more flippin' night after this and its over, at least for this week...........

I had quite a morning this morning. I got into bed and put my hand into a huge pile of puke! YUCK! And not only was it all over the sheets but of course it went through to the comforter. Our dear sweet cat..........

And our washer is only putting out hot water so loads of fun and I have no idea where our other sheets are! UGH. So had to strip the bed and wash the sheets and sleep on the mattress pad and use one of our old comforters. My new comforter is made out of goose down so I do not exactly want to put it in with scalding hot water. So I'll either have to take it to the laundry mat or to my in-laws. I did look online and am hoping that this is the issue, they say that the cold inlet valve could be clogged, so DH is going to pull out the washer to see. I hope so I don't want to fork out 3-400 dollars on a new washer right now.

So needless to say I didn't get to bed until 2:30 pm today so its going to be a looonnngg night...............

Anyways enough of my whining. I hope your all doing well.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:40 AM   #104  
One day at a time

Good morning...

ROBIN...glad to see ya found us! Hope you can get back soon!

SASSY...no idea what could be wrong with the washer. hope you guys get it fixed. Sorry about your kitty too...

SUSAN...yeah, I am not going to worry about her being late...it's just preschool and they don't do anything in there anyway. I thought we were going to be about 30 minutes late but wasn't so. Hoping Gaby is okay I like the idea with the name.

KATHY...hoping you are feeling better today, not so cranky I have a lot of cranky days, I think most days I am cranky, lol...serious! Hope they got the road cleared too!

Hello to everyone else.

Nothing really planned for the day. We were going to go to the park but the weather has turned and not for the better. We had storms last night...some much needed rain, and today it is just cold.

I did get in some exercise last night, couldn't remember if I said I did or not, lol. And will get some done today...my body is aching...not sure if it is the weather or what. Other than that, nothing much going on.

Have a great day!
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #105  
ugggg.....

Quickee for me--morning break at work!! Mindee, I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Mom did her first day of chemo and radiation yesterday. went well, no side effects at this point. Teri is stressing...now the guy isn't moving out of the townhouse until the end of the month....she's going to just put her stuff in storage and stay with us.
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote