Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #46  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Morning everyone

I'm back to work today. We didn't do much this weekend except catch up on recorded shows. I prepped and made our breakfast and lunches for this week. I have a long weekend coming up so thinking of cooking few things and freeze. So had to do some menu planning for that. We'll be going grocery shopping this week at some point. We have a birthday party to go to this Friday and then Saturday will be eating out too. Not too happy about 2 days in a row eat out.

My company party on Friday was interesting. I didn't know anyone as I haven't been going to other get togethers prior to this. I mingled and got to know few folks. The place they chose was a Brazilian restaurant. I had one Brazilian Cocktail Caipirinha and was feeling good throughout the night . Yeah, I'm a cheap date . In my defense, it was a bit strong. I did decent at the restaurant food wise. Although food was loaded with salt (at least for me). They had all you can eat salad bar which I took advantage off.

Heather, what hair dye brand do you use? I have to do mine too and I wish someone would do it for me. My grays are showing too. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can go play tennis. I still think you did great despite the over in calories. You convinced him not to go to Mcdonalds .

Rhonda, you can do it girl!! I have a trip in July too and am working on getting in shape before that trip as well. Yay to OP day #1.

Jo, where are you? Hope you're doing well. We haven't heard from you in a while.

Jaime, how was the party?

Last edited by pintobean; 02-09-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #47  

Height: 5'7"

Mornin' -

Had a pretty busy weekend (Saturday at least). Lots of errands, board game meetup, party. Party was fun. Well, after I had a few beers it was good - at first it was pretty awkward as I didn't know anyone except 3 people and those 3 people knew everyone else there, so I was sidelined in a lot of conversation... Which I expected, and I dealt with... I'm just not great around large groups I don't know. We left around 10:30 and went to a gay bar, which was WAY more fun as there was music and dancing. (The other party was poli sci phd people - oooh, exciting.) Sunday was spent recovering... and once I felt I could keep my eyes open, watched West Wing all day. No progress was made on unpacking. Couldn't bring myself to do it.

WI Saturday morning = maintain. Not bad, not good, just there. I will admit - been terribly off plan this weekend, not only because of the beer. Got bingey yesterday. I am afraid to go grocery shopping and bring more food into the house. Ugh.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #48  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Hellloooo snarkers!
I am feeling goood right now, having had my second run for the day

Yes, suuuuuuper stink, that is correct!

posted food plan in another thread and I'm feeling pretty good about staying very op today. I actually rescheduled a dinner with my friend b/c I wanted one very op day before going to a restaurant. And I suggested a lesser expensive choice than she would have. one where I will have a veggie taco salad w/o the shell. ooh yeah.

Jaime, the scale not moving thing?? not- not good, not bad--- good! come on now.... that really is good! in the face of all the emotional crap in your world??? i repeat-- good!

Anjuli, I looove that cocktail, won't even try to spell it

Heather, as always I am amused by your rendition of life

Billie, the cake-- fabu!!

FYI, I use garnier nutrisse for my grays. I used to use the red box but now I am more gray so they (800 number people called from drugstore) told me to switch to the nutrisse (green) box.

let's rock and roll!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #49  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Whoohoo! My weight is back down to my 2009 low.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #50  

Billie! Awesome! Have a carrot.

KC - two runs in one day? You are my hero.

Had a good talk with a friend last night - she started back at WW with my encouragement at the start of the year, now she's having to counsel me through my eating ridiculousness. I really need to recommit to tracking my food AND the points values - just tracking what I eat and assuming it adds up correctly is getting me nowhere. After dinner last night I sat down and wrote down what I ate all day, and ended up pretty significantly over my points though I felt on plan for some reason. There is something wrong with my head.

So here I am, recommitting to tracking stuff. I planned out today and have some wiggle room if needed. I need to find my groove again.
Old 02-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Billie! Awesome! Have a carrot.
I'm sitting down to have another bowl of chili right now. Maybe I'll snack on carrots later.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:26 PM   #52  

just don't snack on this guy, he appears a little wiry.

Had one of those moments where I wanted something sweet just for the taste of something sweet in my mouth, since lunch was a little bland. Left the office under the guise of just going for a little walk. Made it halfway to CVS (where I inevitably would have come away with a giant bag of something or other), turned around. Headed towards a coffee shop (where I would have ended up with a coffee & some kind of baked good), walked by. I debated it with myself and realized I had Altoids at my desk that would pretty much satisfy the mouth thing I was looking for. One good decision down, umpteen million to go.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #53  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Whoohoo! My weight is back down to my 2009 low.
Yay!! Congrats

Quote:
...Had a good talk with a friend last night - she started back at WW with my encouragement at the start of the year, now she's having to counsel me through my eating ridiculousness. I really need to recommit to tracking my food AND the points values - just tracking what I eat and assuming it adds up correctly is getting me nowhere. After dinner last night I sat down and wrote down what I ate all day, and ended up pretty significantly over my points though I felt on plan for some reason. There is something wrong with my head.

So here I am, recommitting to tracking stuff. I planned out today and have some wiggle room if needed. I need to find my groove again.
woohoo! for recommitting Jaime. That's a big step. I'm sure with each other's support you both will do great. And there's nothing wrong with your head. You've gone thru a lot these past few months. I'm looking at the postive side here...it could have been worse, you could have gained back everything you worked so hard to lose. But you didn't. Take one step at a time and you will succeed no doubt. Look at you already making great choices by not stopping at CVS and the coffee shop. That's awesome! Hang in there girl you will get your groove back. And if you need us to we'll be happy to do so.

Last edited by pintobean; 02-10-2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Anj (and others with the stoopid gray hair). I use Nutratint. It's a bit pricier then the Nutriesse (which I used to use) but my hair likes it much much better. It's all natural and not tested on animals (boo hiss Garnier).

Anj - that cocktail sounds nommy
Jaime - You're doing great considering the upheavel in your life. Major props man.
Lucy - Feel free to consider me your one woman comedy act =p. Two runs in one day? You're crazy.
Billie - good job getting back down!

I'm feeling pretty good and back on track. The weather has been so pretty here that it's reminding me I want to look and feel okay in a bathing suit this summer. Probably won't be bikini ready but I want to not feel all self conscious. I'm working on building my social circle a bit also. I was invited to a party Thursday night. I may or may not go depending on the time - I do have to work Friday. Sunday I'm going to a veggie potluck from a meetup group. The thing with me and socializing is that it's great but I treat it as an excuse to go off plan and that's not okay. Also my friends all like to drink as do I. Hellllooooo empty calories. No don't even suggest drinking sparkling water - I'll dump it on your head. I just need to not do the pigging out the day after drinking.

Today's plan -
break - tofu scramble and toast
lunch - pasta with balls
dinner - taco salad

plan was to go to yoga but now I have to make a client phone call at 7:00 which is my yoga class time. I'm going to run instead when I'm done with her.
This client has freebie Diet Dr. Pepper - quick someone remind me that it is really really bad for me. Too late.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #55  

Quote:
I debated it with myself and realized I had Altoids at my desk that would pretty much satisfy the mouth thing I was looking for. One good decision down, umpteen million to go.
I have 5-6 different flavors of gum around me at most times just for that reason. Great job!
Old 02-10-2009, 03:21 PM   #56  

H - know what you mean with the sparkling water suggestions. If social drinking were just about having a glass in your hand, sure - but when you actually just want to go have a good time sparkling water does NADA. Sounds like you have some fun things lined up - go to the party. You'll be glad you did once you're there, but if you have to put an early cap on things that's better than staying at home (unless you have a reason, which is okay too, but no sitting around moping). Besides, I'm sure people will understand, it's a Thursday!

I need good hangover food that is not a hamburger and french fries. When I am hung over the only thing I want is grease. And if I'm going to stay on track AND continue to branch out socially and relive those years I lost by being boring and married, I'm gonna need to fix what I do to myself on Sunday afternoons.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

I've found homemade fries roasted with a bit of oil and a vegiburger work okay for a hangover. I use more oil on the fries then I normally would and more veginaise, etc. but still better then the McDonalds #2 combo supersized I used to get in college.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:47 PM   #58  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Smile

Quote:
....I need good hangover food that is not a hamburger and french fries. When I am hung over the only thing I want is grease. And if I'm going to stay on track AND continue to branch out socially and relive those years I lost by being boring and married, I'm gonna need to fix what I do to myself on Sunday afternoons.
How about some scrambled eggs, cheese, toast and some fruit juice? I read it helps. And drinking water definitely

Last edited by pintobean; 02-10-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #59  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

For the hangover mornings......of long long ago cause I'm oh so boring now!....I would eat a piece of slightly burned toast and a glass of milk with my tylenol. The burned toast would help with any stomach acid....something about the charcoal, I believe. Whatever you do, don't have a big glass of water if you need to drive somewhere or work.

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 02-10-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 PM   #60  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey gang, sorry to have been missing all the fun. I got very, very sick last week and ended up with some weird sort of pneumonia you get from sucking snot or barf into your lungs accidentally. It's been a real joy. I haven't even been on the computer, Ihaven't been out of bed.

But I'm not dead. Just mostly dead.
Closed Thread