Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 11:47 PM   #31  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

doing my late night pop in.....

we are about to play a game, probably monopoly, and just enjoying some time together. we went down to the basement to get out the boys costumes for trick or treating.......I even pulled out an extra one just in case.

thanks for the nice comments on the weight loss and staying away from the ice cream. it just doesn't sound good to me anymore.....at first I was thinking of ice cream as being bad for me, and then I was reminded that I can't think of things as bad for me and good for me....I have to use my judgement and the right portion size for myself.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #32  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Well hello ladies!!! I am sitting here painting my nails and listening to my favorite songs. I am trying to wind down from this crazy night. ARGH!! I did work out today. It was good. I am down a half a lbs. In another half I will of lost 10 pounds. I am so exctied. I am gonna workout extra hard tomarrow. Who knows. Anyways moving on....

Cristina- I love the biggest looser workouts. They are so much fun!!! I wouldnt worry about the donuts. We are allowed a splurge every once and a while. I actually despise donuts. I hate them. If it were salty pringles.....I would be done. I have eating whole cans of pringles before. I cant believe you exersice 100 min a day. I think its hard just doing an hour! Wtg girl!!! Keep it up!!!

Susan- AF is officially here. The weird thing is it isnt a hasel. I think its because I exersiced but this is a really really easy one. I actually dont mind it too much. Normally it would get in the way of me working out but I dont think it will because this time it is so light. Have fun at the zoo. Wish you could go sooner!!

Mindee- Way to go on the 5.8 lbs!! That is awesome. And good job on the refusal of ice cream. When i turned 20 or so I developed an alergy to dairy. Its not lactose intolerance. Its something else. However if I eat organic icecream it doesnt bother me. Never the less I dont eat icecream much any more. I love it but I dont like to spend the next day in the bathroom.

Sue- its good to here that your mother is doing better! You can def get back down to your summer weight!!!

Francie- My bf is just like this with my little dog Scooter. Except he says things like I wonder if I kick will he flip vertically or horizontally? He is just kidding but he is awful. So i feel your pain.

Rosiekate- It would of been cool if you were interviewed. I would of been so nervous. I really should keep a food diary. I have one. Its even opened to an empty page. I just am bad at that stuff. I think I might try tomorrow.
Old 07-19-2008, 07:49 AM   #33  
ugggg.....

Hi all...quick one to ler you know I am here...the boy is keeping me hopping this weekend....
Old 07-19-2008, 01:12 PM   #34  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies, and a Happy Saturday to all!

ASIA...yeah, I wasn't beating myself up too much over the donuts. I've bought them before and usually take a serving size, which is 4 but they were sitting next to me and I think I was just bored. Yeppers, I aim for no less than 100 minutes a day. Tried to cut back but I feel weird if I do. I have had some 90 minute days and was satisfied with that but still felt like I was cheating myself, lol. And THANK YOU! I enjoy the Biggest Loser workouts also and I LOVE the show! Can't wait for it to start.

MINDEE...you are right...that is how I lost weight. Nothing is off limits for me and sometimes I think that is part of the problem. But at the same time, I know me...the minute I tell myself I can't have something is the minute I want it and over indulge...okay, donuts aside, lol. For some reason I was thinking you couldn't have it durint he first phase of SB. What do I know?I only skimmed thru the book when I had it. Did you guys play a game?

JULES...HI...BYE The little one does keep you going doesn't he? I know Cambrie did me when she was here and Dominic is younger and definitely needs more of you. You enjoy him while you can because they grow up way too fast!

SUSAN...glad you enjoyed the Zoo. Geez, woman, 5 hours? Of course your Zoo is most likely A LOT bigger than our teeny tiny one here. Sorry about the lady scaring Gaby, poor little thing. Did ya find a purse or something? Hey, what about a book? They have a lot of learning/play books where you push things or feel things. Have a fun time with McD later!

KATY...I checked out the site. I swear we need to move somewhere closer to stuff like that. DD would absolutely love that. I like the art museums but not near as much as she does. Glad you guys had a nice time. Sorry you will miss out on the interview but have a safe, fun trip/weekend!

SUE...hugs to you! Sorry about the phone calls. And you will get back on track. Like Katy said, it's hard when you are taking care of someone else but I think you are doing pretty good

FRANCIE...it's all about the boobs! Lol That really is a cute dress though and I like it. And I am serious about getting one, lol...such the copycat I am. Hope you and Fonzo enjoy the movie today.

I am burning up! It is so hot and humid out, plus I had just finished a workout so...taking me a while to cool down. I woke up early and sat out on the deck this morning. It was so nice and cool and there was a breeze. DD joined me and I think we sat there for about a hour. Then we had to get to work, lol...she, cleaning the house and me with my exercise. Nothing special going on today. V is working and the same old for me...reading, computer time, laundry and exercise...fun time, eh? I am going to go make a new myspace page...I want to blog things but don't want to mix the exercise with the troops, I know sounds weird but that's me. That will keep me busy for a while for sure. I'll send a link to everyone once I am done.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend! Love ya
Old 07-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #35  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

GOOD MORNING BALTIMORE!!!! (LoL..sorry, I'm listening to the Hairspray soundtrack right now)

Mindee~WTG on not eating the ice cream. You could always try frozen yogurt though. I try not to eat so much ice cream..but when it gets hot, my body craves something ice cold. It's totally weird. I usually have sherbert or frozen yogurt in the freezer. Mmm..I like orange sherbert the best, lol. Which is weird cuz I dont like anything orange, lol.

Asia~OMG!!! That is soooooo mean!!! Fonzo used to say the same thing about one of his sister's dogs. It was a tiny dog. And his dogs were always chows. What breed is your dog??

Cristina~You should totally get the dress. Then we can meet and be twins, lol. It must've been nice sitting out on your deck. I wish I could do that. But its kinda boring just sitting out on my balcony. All I have to look at is trees, lol. I wish I had a nice ocean view..but oh well. Maybe someday, lol.

OKay so last night, I had a total brainfart, lol. I totally forgot how old I was. I dunno why I was even thinking of it to begin with. But I was like.."am I 22 or 23?" LOL!!! I had to think of how old Fonzo is, and remember that I'm a year younger than he is, lol. I'm such a loser. In my mind, I stopped aging after I turned 21, lol. I dont wanna turn 24 next year. It just reminds me that I still haven't had a baby (as if I didnt know right? LoL!!)

Anyways..we're going to see the new Batman movie tonight!!!!!!!! I'm so freakin excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love me some hot Christian Bale!!! LoL!!! Yum!!! LoL!! He's like the HOTTEST Batman ever!!!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:02 PM   #36  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Well...I got a late start on the day and missed the farmer's market. So I will just go to a local fruit market later.

I did have a whole grain English muffin and a fresh peach for mid morning. I am not an early breakfast person...have to be up a good while before I eat. I am still longing for the sausage dog...so will have ONE of those later. (I know if I don't allow it I will pig out and eat all sorts of bad things, trying to satisfy that craving.)

Nothing planned for the day. I already cleaned the bathrooms, steam mopped all of the tile floors and swiftered the wood. Ran the vacuum yesterday on the carpets. I am deep into a book and hope to get some reading time. Also have the movie Waitress to watch.

Mindee- You first girlie, you are doing awesome and I like the attitude of being able to do it even tho Tommy bailed on you. You GO girl! You are right that you can decide what to eat and just watch the portions. This country in general has really taught us all to eat super portions. A real dis-service to us and our children. I usually cook way too much food for a meal and we do leftovers, but it does encourage over eating. I am doing better at putting the correct portions on my plate and never re-filling. It is all about discipline and I have been slacking. You are doing great with the pool time too.

Asia- Great kudos to you also. I think 10 pounds is fantastic! Keep up the good work. Me, I actually had gained almost 10 pounds and am trying hard to lose that so I can get BACK to where I started. That's awful, and I pray I don't let it happen again. You will lose that half pound before you know it!

Susan- You do make me smile...sometimes laugh right out loud. Your putting your time in going around the parking lot...and the animal a$$es! Too funny. Hope you are having a good w.e. Thanks for the for Mom..she is doing quite well today.

Cristina- I hear ya about the pool...would be nice. But I also know they are lots of work. We had an above ground when the kids were growing up and it kept DH busy. Now DD has an olympic size in ground and has enjoyed it for years with her growing kids. This year with one teen at home, and working all summer, they didn't even open the pool. DD and her DH are busy working on a farm they are re-habbing, along with both working full time, so no time for the pool. You are still doing a terrific job on the exercise. I keep wanting to do WATP again...get side-tracked. (or am lazy) I did ride 3 miles on the bike last night, so a step in the right direction.

Katy- Have a good time on your week away. Thank you for the kind words. It has been a stressful year and I have to learn to not turn to food when I am stressed. It is hard!

Jules- Hi to you. Have fun with your grandbaby. Do you all have a nickname for him yet?

Francie- Neat dress. Did you get a chance to wear it? I also meant to tell you...I LOVE your hair-cut. Looks great!

Okay...if I have missed anyone I am sorry...I got side-tracked with a visit from my niece and her baby during this typing. So my mind wandered.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #37  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Francie- OMG...he is something else! Even makes an old gal take notice!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:07 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Sue - Aren't those rice cakes good? I get the Quaker ones, I think it is like 70 calories a serving. I also like snap peas, I ate a handful of those last night, kind of soothes me to hear the crunching sound I am glad your mother is doing well, with all your cleaning I hope you get some down time this weekend!

Jules -

Asia - sorry about the AF/ TOM...... mine is still waiting to make a grand entrance....can't do anything half a$$ , you know......by the time it comes no one is talking to me because I have been so *itchy. lol

Cristina - Yes!! I found some Hello Kitty purses at T-R-Us, they are made out of cloth , I bought a blue and pink one for $12.99 ea. Gab tagged along and she bought a toy for $20...argh
At the zoo we missed the rainforest and the primates...oops and tigers too. It is a nice zoo but I think the elephants need a bigger space, way too small, kind of depressing to see them caged. Course I am pmsing so everything makes me teary or *itchy. lol

to everyone else!!

on the run at the moment....had oatmeal for breakfast, along w/ a banana, going to finish up my laundry, get Gab's bag packed for later and maybe get tipsy before the party. Ugh.....the 2 year old won't know...they will just think I am a fun loopy adult. It is at my ex husbands son's house...all the ex step-children and grandkids....need I say more??

Like I need permission to get tipsy at 3pm. haha.

k- adios......
Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #39  
RosieKate

oooh CB is such a hottie..We loved Batman Returns and are hoping to get out for a date night to see Dark Knight. We want to see that and Mamma Mia, but get out to movies rarely so will have to choose, I guess.

Another night of crappy sleep I think I'm really close to TOM, so I just want to tell Mother Nature "bring it" because all the PMS is driving me crazy.

Yesterday I took the kids to a friend's 5 yo birthday party and they had the Reptile Man there. Way cool...got to see a black water snake eat a mouse start to finish. He had a cobra and a rattler which were highly entertaining. The kids got to hold various pythons and boas...much fun had by all. Well, maybe not some of the parents, but I thought was very cool.

I'm off to Maryhill for the week, so stay out of trouble kiddoes

Last edited by RosieKate; 07-20-2008 at 10:45 AM.

Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #40  
ugggg.....

quickie again....spending the day with Teri and Dominic. Jerry wants to drop a tree too. It's dead and in the front yard and he's afraid the wind will knock it over.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Hello all...

FRANCIE...I completely forgot about the dress but am headed to Torrid online as soon as I post! That dress just looks so comfortable. For years I wore dresses all the time and for some reason I quit. Well, I don't have anything to look at on/from the deck...if I am in the swing it faces the side of the neighbors house. If I am in the chair it faces a dirt hill behind our fence. They are building houses back there but the reserve dirt is piled up behind our house...not too close but definitely ruined the view. So how was the movie? I've heard it is good! And I love(d) Hairspray...too funny.

SUSAN...yay to the purses! I think sometimes I need a couple of drinks before 3, lol. I'm not a drinker though and the only thing I have around that would give me a buzz is my energy drinks, lol. Hope you had a decent time at the party and a GREAT time with McD!

Hiya everyone else

Nothing going on with me today...laundry and reading. Pretty lazy Sunday for me. The book I was reading bored me a little so I started another. Was reading The Saving Graces...not thrilled with the way it is written. I will finish it but had to start something else. Started Cross by James Patterson...always like his books. Anyway...have a great Sunday everyone
Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #42  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hola everyone!!

We went to see Dark Knight last night..and OMG!!!!!!! That movie was freakin awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Heath Ledger as the Joker was scary!!! I got really scared in some parts, lol. He was soooooooooooo good!!!!!!! And Christian Bale looked hella yummy of course. I love him. Thank God we bought our tickets online, cuz it was sold out!!! Then there was a line just to get in the theatre!! It was crazy!! But it was totally worth it!! I'm glad we got to see it last night.

Anyhoo..I'm gonna go and have some breakfast, then start cleaning. BBL.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:33 PM   #43  
One day at a time

FRANCIE...glad you loved the movie!

And forgot to say...KATY...be careful and have fun!

JULES...be careful with the tree...they always scare me, cutting the down that is.

Have a good dday!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:22 PM   #44  
kitty Momo

Good Morning,

Cristina - You do so good on your reading, it has been awhile here that I have come across a book I have wanted to read. The parties were nice and the little 2 year olds are growing up way too fast. A tad annoyed they had a wading pool out all the kids were getting wet in....and of course Gaby can't resist and not long before she is all wet in her sundress.
Being lazy saved the day because I had her bag from last weekend w/ her father still in my trunk w/ extra clothes!
And the time w/ Mc was fine, of course I didn't want to go. I just wanted to go to sleep, lol but I went and it was fun. The hostess made burritos and a big pan of enchiladas, plus homemade pies. Did I say this was a birthday party for their older children?? It was and it was very nice.

I ate too much but can't do anything about it now, so trying to get back on track today and not punish myself by fasting or some lame thing like that.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Have 3 hours til my Gabster comes home so need to get some groceries in the house before she comes home.

Chat later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-20-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:29 PM   #45  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just popping in to let you all know that I am still alive!

we all had a blast yesterday up at the campgrounds! they had a blast going trick or treating.....even though it rained! we walked around for about 7 hours......we only sat down to eat dinner or to talk to some friends and that was it.

when I got the mail yesterday when we got home, I got some mail from the kids insurance that I have to pick an insurance plan for them by August 1st. So, I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning to get them into a plan! And then Brandon will be getting into the ENT hopefully next month!

now that I have quiet around here......every body is taking naps, including Tommy! we were watching a show called "Flip This House" and it was the episode where Armando goes on a diet and starts yelling and screaming at everybody. I told Tommy that that is how he is on a diet.

Asia~ That sounds like me! If I eat ice cream, I will end up in the bathroom shortly after that. But then again, it can happen if I eat too much dairy in one day as well. Good job on the half a pound! before you know it, you will be down 10 pounds!!!

Cristina~ That is my biggest problem.....I don't put stuff as being off limits. Sometimes I wonder if my body still thinks that I have to eat for two since I have been doing it since July of 2003! I love my kids and all, but I wish that we had more of a chance to get my body back into the eating for one purpose, and then getting back into the eating for two. Yeah, actually Friday night we played cards. Last night we were going to play the trivia games on the cable box, but I fell asleep on the couch waiting for him to get off the computer.

Francie~ I have moments like those all the time! But for me I have to think of how old Tommy is, and then count 5 1/2 years below that! I so don't want to turn 26 next month!

Sue~ I know exactly what you mean! If I tell myself "no you can't have that" that makes me want it all the more, and then I will pig out on it. we have goodies in the house here from the kids trick or treating.....so I am trying my hardest to keep my blinders on with all of it! I just had some left over chili dip from Friday night. I agree with you on this country doing a HUGE dis-service to all of us!

Saturday morning, Brandon got up at 2am, which in return woke Marissa up. Tommy changed Brandon and he climbed up on our bed, while I changed Marissa and gave her a milk bottle. we all laid down and went to bed. I got up at 3:22am because I just felt like I was going to throw up, so I flung the blankets back and as soon as I did that, I saw a head pop up in the crib next to me and heard a "mama" come from the crib. I ran to the bathroom, and did what I needed to do, then went back to bed. then when we got to the half way point on our trip to the campground I had Tommy stop so I could go to the bathroom. he said "you just went pee before we left. are you sure that you are not pregnant?" I said "it is kind of hard for me to get pregnant with my tubes tied, goof ball." When I did manage to fall back to sleep after I had to run to the bathroom, I had a dream about Tommy's godmother that passed away last year.
Closed Thread