Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good grief... One of those nights for me...stupid computer! It wasn't doing anything when I hit post so kept hitting it, lol...it posted my post 4 times, geez!

ASIA...good job on the walking! Can't even remember that movie, what was it about?

HIYA MINDEE!

Okay, now I am outta here...tired of this stupid computer!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 AM   #32  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Cristina~ I have a feeling that they will try and talk us into staying over night, but we have a lot of things around here that we need to do! like going through Logan's clothes and passing on the smaller clothes to our friend that works here at the complex. his younger son will be 2 this month sometime, so they will go to him. and his girlfriend or wife, is pregnant with his third child, so if they have a girl this time, I will just pass on Marissa's clothes when she out grows them.

that is great about your NSV!

Tommy has been weighing himself daily at work. he told me before he went to bed that he is shooting for 180.....I said "I wish I was at that number...but I am getting there! and we will get through this all together."
Old 07-02-2008, 02:17 AM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Asia~Good job on the walking. I walked so much today my feet are killing me, lol. I really wanna see Wanted!!! I love Angelina Jolie.

Mindee~Wall-E is a pretty cute kids movie..so they'd probably like it. You didnt miss much with Dukes of Hazzard, lol. Great job on getting there together!!!!

Cristina~Famous Daves is a BBQ place. The dessert we had was this huge brownie w/ice cream, and whipped cream.. We were gonna take half of it home..but it was just too good, lol. I haven't had a good dessert like that in awhile. I'm totally off my diet..but I weighed myself (after eating, lol) and I still weigh the same. So go figure, lol. I keep telling myself that I make up for it by doing a lot of walking, lol.

Okay so ****'s Kitchen was a bust. I seriously thought it was the season finale. But nooooo it's next week!!! Grrrr!!!!!! I dont wanna wait another week!!!!!!! LoL!!

Anyways..I think we might watch a movie or go to bed. I dunno. I'm feeling kinda tired right now, lol.

OH..we bought the cats a laser pen!!! LOL!! We haven't opened it up yet..but when we had one before, it was when Lucky was a tiny kitten. She went totally crazy with it, LOL!! She tried climbing the walls. I'm gonna go open it in a few mins to drive all 3 of them crazy. Ohhhh ya...at Petsmart today..they had a bunch of kittens and this pretty tabby cat that reminded me of my Toby. I totally wanted one of the kittens...but seeing the tabby cat broke my heart. After we packed up my mom's house..we had to leave behind her 2 cats (Toby & Little...although they were my cats too) with one of her friends. It was heartbreaking. I miss those cats so much. We just didnt have room for 5 cats.

Well..I hear Fonzo, so I better go..
Old 07-02-2008, 01:14 PM   #34  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Exclamation News! News! News!

Hey All............

NEWS!!!NEWS!!!!NEWS!!!!

DH told me that he just heard, they are moving him to MY shift (same hrs and same days/nights!!!!!) Now even more news. I think I have mentioned here about them putting DH & My teams under different management. (My team is under completely different management now) Well its going to be even more of a split.

They will be moving my team, again. We don't know where and most likely that will include me and the other nightshift girl too, which means we will be sitting alone for 10 hrs. (We work 2.5 hrs with dayshift).

But you never know with my co. as you all have come to realize I am sure. So nothing is "set in stone" until it happens, or at least that I how I am looking at it. lol.

But its news just the same.

DH thinks that our supervisor (for now we still have the same one) got tired of dealing with him being on days so I think he "cracked" and decided to give DH what he wanted: to work the same shift as me. lol. Amazing what persistence does!!! lol. Even if we aren't working on the same floor, at least we'll be on the same shift, that is until our new management decides to change my hours........again. lol. But still if we are both working the same nights and on the same shift, that is fine with me! lol.

Well that is about it, I just wanted to share with someone and my mom is at work and I don't want to call my mil because she'll end up talking my arm off and I don't want to talk that much! lol.

Well my mom just popped online so I got to tell her!!! lol. She was happy for DH & me. She said her shift has changed from 11 am to 8 pm to 2 pm to 10 pm. I told her, "Welcome Back to Nightshift" lol.

Big
Old 07-02-2008, 01:28 PM   #35  
kitty Momo

Happy Wednesday

Katy - Thanks for the PM! Was that you walking this morning in the village?? I was driving home and it looked like you but not sure because this lady had longer hair from what I remeber.

Mindee- How far a trip to your parents?

Sue - what is a HHR?? You are in a cleaning frenzy! I have tons of cleaning to get done myself. I cleaned out a closet this morning and found a school library book, thank goodness, it would have cost a $20 dollar fine if I didn't.

Asia, yay on the walking!

Francie - How long will Fonzo be home? Lazer pen sounds like fun, I think my cat is too lazy to get too excited over anything. lol

Sassy - wow, glad to hear about the change of hours for DH! I like your signature a lot, very pretty.

Cristina - Great about the NSV's!! I never had measured myself, go try the 2nd hand stores for the inbetween clothes. Do you have a Value Village back east?? They have cute clothes. Love the avatar!

Jules - Miss you!!

I have some job things to get done. Scale is down a bit to 153.8, credit the clean eating because I certainly have a lazy butt in the exercise dept....also, I do ok in the water.

bbl if I get a chance!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 07-02-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:19 PM   #36  

just doing my daily pop in......

Tommy is going to pick up some more swimmers, and we will more then likely take the kids to the pool at some point in time today.

Francie~ I am no where near 180......yet. but we will get there without any problems. Tommy is shooting to hit 180 pounds before we start SBD.

Sassy~ That is great news!!!!!

SuzieQ~ My parents live about an hour and a half away from us. so, it isn't that much for us to make in one day.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM   #37  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hey ladies...

Feeling pooped and kind of sick to my stomach for some reason, thinking it is the heat. Supposed to get close to 100 today, ugh! Glad I did my errands early.

SUSAN...never heard of the place...but thinking about checking out the Goodwill, have to do something because I don't want to buy any new clothes and then buy more. I am getting rid of the bigger sizes too...don't want to leave myself open to gain this back. I try to remember to measure at the beginning of each month...key word, try. How's Gaby holding up with summer school? WTG on the loss! Every little bit adds up!

MINDEE...for a while I was weighing every day and it was driving me crazy. But...at the same time, it kept me on track. Wondering if that is something I need to start doing again. Shoot, I miss my parents were just 1 1/2 hours from me...I'de be there every weekend! You wouldn't think an 8 hour drive was so far but it is...a little homesick here.

FRANCIE...my friend had one of those and it was so funny to watch the cats. I was thinking of the other dessert...can't remember what it was called, some kind of bread pudding...OMG! That stuff is awesome!

SASSY...yay for the good news! Even though you guys won't work on the same floor at least you will be home at the same time now!

Hello to everyone else

I stayed up way too late last night and did not want to get up and now I am in a crappy mood...have been all day.

I made a mistake on my miles too...geez, couldn't do anything yesterday! I was off by 4.14 so adjusted it today. Did 7 today...was trying to walk off my frustrations...anyway, it's correct now. I think I didn't want to look at the calendar when we started this and thought I walked more than I did the first few days of the month, or I just don't know how to add, lol.

Getting some laundry done right now and hoping to finish The Pearl today and start Size 12 is Not Fat in between reading my Biggest Loser books.

May be back later to chat, not sure. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #38  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday Ya'll

Popping in for a few minutes. Just got back from Annapolis where I had my hair dyed and cut. My dd gave me a total hair makeover on Mother's Day 07 and I've been stuck with the same salon ever since. They are very expensive but do a wonderful job. Working on wedding stuff for both weddings. My dd wants to do a candy buffet at the reception and spending tons of time searching for glass candy dishes, canisters, apothecary jars etc to hold the candy, ideas for candy, boxes and such. They I had to switch gears and call the Omni in VA (where ds is having his wedding) and make arrangements for a farewell breakfast for all those staying at the hotel. I'm also looking for ideas to put in "Welcome Bags" for all the out of town guest coming to both weddings. The list goes on and on......

Has anyone tried Ali here. I haven't been to WW in over 2 months and will start back when I return from the beach in two weeks. I was seriously considering trying Ali to kick start staying OP. Kinda scared of the "oily seepage" side effects but most say that the fear of that side effect is what keeps them on their diet and limiting fat intake. I don't know......what I really need is a personal trainer, private chef and an angel sitting on my shoulder to help me make the right choices instead of listening to that little devil sitting on the other side.

DH has had jury duty all week and not sure he will make it home tonight in time to go dancing with me because he said that they have to start deliberations at 2 today and it might take all evening. He can't tell me any more obviously I'll just go meet up with friends myself and get some exercise.

Well, I'm gonna catch up with Days of our Lives that I've taped and walk the dogs. Have a wonderful evening!!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM   #39  
kitty Momo

I am back (and they all said Oh, joy -lol)

Tammy - I haven't tried Alli, my 16 year old wanted too, but with the price and the side affects I think there are other alternatives to jump starting. You are doing good. I know if I mess up I just continue on what I am doing. Sometimes I think I will "fast" for a few days but as long as the weight comes off what does it matter??? Also I like food too much to fast , haha.

Cristina - wow, 7 miles, what were you thinking about? I was awake til 2 watching the first disc of season 2 of Bridezilla. The ladies have sure gotten nastier since the 1st season and I kind of miss the New York feel but it was good. Gab is ok, just tired. I was thinking of taking her to see that American Girl movie this afternoon.

Mindee- Oh, I am sure I have asked you in the past about the distance to your parents (or maybe it was the zoo??). 90 minutes is about how long it takes for me to get to the coast. btw - your husband is kind of cute! ...I was going to say that before but didn't but w/ the new avatar I am....lol

k- need to go get Gaby. Not sure what we are doing this afternoon , see how she feels.

toodles for now!
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #40  
ugggg.....

I am too tired for indys...

The bathroom is painted (wanted periwonkle blue but it is more purple, hubby hates it..Teri told him at least it's not Barney purple and she loves it and it's her bathroom anyway..) , stacked wood (found a really, really big spider..I will post pics later...yes it was that big I took pics..), kitchen is all taped up and half the room is completely done...the other half I will finish tomorrow...it's the half with the fridge and stove that needs to be pulled out and painted behind...the apricot lily paint I had was no good...so I made hubby go to Lowes with me to pick the color after witching about the color in the kids old bathroom...he picked a blue..I really didn't want a blue kitchen but anything to not hear him @itch....started painting...he hated it and somehow it became my fault...I could have hit him in the head with a full paint can at this point...so I will use the blue for Teri's old room (just NOT this week) and I went BACK to Lowes and I got a creamy/peachy color called something about dawn ( I am too tired to go see the real name)..but when I saw it after staring at all the paint colors and trying to pick one the arse wouldn't absolutely hate, I thought of my favorite Judas Priest song..Before the Dawn..so I picked it and thought the heck with him...it's my kitchen!!

as you can see by that ramble...I am way really too tired to type indys..am starting to get a little delirious...going to bed...be back tomorrow....

LOVE you all...
Old 07-03-2008, 12:28 AM   #41  

fricker fracker! I just typed up a somewhat small novel, and then hit the fresh button for some odd reason, and it was all gone!

I am dragging but majorly! Brandon was up at 2am, and then at 2:45 I went into his room and got him. brought him into our room, which then woke Marissa up. so, after a bottle, some medicine and laying her back down she was good to go!

fast forward to 4am, and I heard Tommy say that he was going out to sleep on the couch since he got kicked off of our bed. I roll over and proceed to fall asleep.

I get jolted out of bed at 6am to Tommy's alarm going off. I drag my butt out of bed to go tap him awake, then drag my butt back to bed. climb into bed, and proceed to fall back asleep until 9:30am!

Cristina~ I found that same thing with weighing myself daily. I found it to be disappointing if it showed a gain, but then I found it refreshing if it showed a loss from the day before. where we used to live before we moved up north, it took us close to 3 hours to get up there if there was traffic....but we usually made it up there in 2 hours.

SuzieQ~ I will have to let him know that! I think he is a cutie too! No matter how many rough patches we hit, I fall in love with him all over again!

Tammy~ I loved planning our wedding! Good luck with getting it all done! I have thought about trying Alli, but just haven't had the extra money to get it!

Jules~ You have been one busy lady!! I can't wait to see pics of it all!
Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 AM   #42  
I was born this way hey!

Hey everyone. Me & Fonzo just got home. We went to see Kung Fu Panda today. It was really good, I really liked it. I bought a pretty new outfit from Fred Meyers, lol. We also bought some fireworks..lol. Well..I just got poppers and sparklers, lol. It rained a little bit today..and omg, it smelled just like Az. It even felt like Az too. Me & Fonzo just stood on the sidewalk just taking it all in..LMAO!! We're total losers.

Anyways..I'm sooooooooo tired and its only 9:30pm, how sad, lol. I'm gonna go lay down now. TTYL
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 AM   #43  
It's my turn to shine

S/C/G: 180/170/140

Height: 5'4

Cristina- GREAT JOB!! I cant wait till I loose some more. At least thats a good thing to be frustrated about!!!

Midee- Thats great that you and Tommy can work on this together. I think Andrew is comming around. I know he wants to. He is fixen to go to New Mexico to work for the Boyscouts. I think he might start taking hikes every morning. He has all that tools there to get a really good start. He will be gone for a month. During that month will also be our one year dating anniversary. I am not so happy about him being gone but I think it will be a good surprise if he comes back and I am 20 pounds lighter. I can def do that. I have 5 weeks I think.

Francie-I work at petsmart!! They have some of the cutest cats there. I bet you will have a blast with your cats!!!

Sassy- Its good to here about the shift change. Hopefully things will continue to work out.

Tammy- I wouldnt do Ali for the life of me. Not only does it cause oily stool but it can cause accidents. Like potty accidents. I would just skip that. I take 2 ts of apple cider vinegar with 8 oz of fluid. I usually mix it with juice. You cant taste the vinegar. It works really well. you do it 3 times a day.

Jules- I like the way you picked you kitchen color. Its always frustrating with a hubby doesnt agree.

Things are good here. I havnt been on the scale because I am trying to wait until Monday. We will see. I have been super good. I am really excited about the 4th. We are going to a parade in the morning. I oder some new shoes and I hope they are here by then. They are awesome shoes for walking. But they can also be used for different terrains. My old shoes started scraping the back of my ankle. I have 3 or so sores. I cant give up though. I am enjoying my self so much right now. I have never been so active. Anyways i shall talk to you ladies later!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 03:39 AM   #44  
I was born this way hey!

Just real quick again...I forgot to mention that I bought more books today, LOL!!

These are the titles:
~A Women's Call to Prayer by Elizabeth George
~The Joy in Living~Mother Teresa
and
~Traditional American Tattoo Design (theres a lot of cool sailor tattoos in it!!!)
Old 07-03-2008, 10:05 AM   #45  
ugggg.....

ok...slept like a rock...got woke up by a smiling grandboy before his mommy left for work and dropped him off at the apartment with his auntie Geneva....hubby & I STILL are not talking...luckily he's on the tractor cutting wood and I can finish my painting in peace...cup of coffee in hand...ready to do indys now...

Francie--sounds like some heavy reading...I don't think 5 cats would have qualified you for being a crazy cat lady...but 5 cats in a small apartment might have made you a little crazy...my MIL is a crazy cat lady...at one time she had almost 30....and she is a little nutso without the cats....If you are up for it when you get settled in Annapolis, I would like to go see the new Native American Museum at the Smithsonian in DC, maybe we can meet up and go there. It opened about the same time as the Spy Museum and Ry wanted to go there first.

Asia--(wild thing?)my dd had a friend named Asia in elementary school. Yes my hubby can be very frustrating.....even our kids sometimes wonder why after 22 years we are still together...our love for them and the new grandboy holds us somewhat together..I do love him...we have just grown apart and our differences seem to have become greater then the things we share alike.

Mindee--I can relate to the lack of sleep..the weekend of Teri's bday we had Dominic sleeping with us on Thursday, Friday & Saturday nights. The teething makes him get up alot and the one night I saw every hour on the clock starting at midnight and then he was up at 6 and didn't go back down for a morning nap until after 9. I don't know how women my age and older who have oops babies during menapause do it...going to the pool sounds wonderful...

SuzyQ--I have been drinking alot of water..I was bad yesterday and got a cherry coke (gasp...not even diet) & a regular Coke on my second trip to Lowes. I drink my coffe in the morning but somedays I crave a Coke really bad..I know I could switch to diet and it would be better, but I want the real stuff....glad the scale is going in the right direction

Tammy--you are one busy lady with that wedding...you should talk with Cristina since she just went through one too. I don't know about the Alli either, I thought about it too...the side effects are kind of scary...there are some threads somewhere on this site with people who are doing it or at least have tried it. I told hubby I was going back to my Lean Cuisine and WW frozen lunches during the workweek instead of doing the fastfood thing with him. I need to quit sabotaging myself and giving into his wants...

Cristina--AM almost done with Girls Like Us..it seems like I have been reading it forever....now that I have started it I have to finish...the Carole King parts are my favorites. All three lead very interesting lives....you and Francie both read like I used too....With the baby here I don't get much time and evenings after work I get caught up on the housework that I can't get done when the baby is here...I am loving him being here...Teri broke up with Patrick cause she isn't over Dave...she is taking him back and giving him a chance...she is taking our advice (finally) and filing for full custoday and she is having him sign a paper stating that if things are not working out that she can ask him to leave her apartment at any time and he will go...right before he went to jail she found out that if he is "living" there, even if he does not pay ANYTHING, the police cannot make him leave...she would have to file an eviction notice with the court. The signed paper can be used to make him leave immediately though...once he is back, Teri says we can still pick up Dominic on Thursdays after work and keep him all day Friday...not as much as we get him now but we will have to make due.

Sassy--that's such great news...especially with the price of gas. It will be so much nicer to be on the same shift and actually be able to sleep together and do things.

Katy & Sue---het ladies...I forgot what your lasts posts were and this advanced option only takes me back so far.

Oh BTW to Suzy and Katy...I am having to go to Idaho in August (flying out the 19th--meetings on Wed & Thurs) and am trying to work a quick weekend in Tacoma out. If everything works out the way I am thinking then I will be renting a car and driving down to Portland for the day with Ry on Saturday since he wants to see Adam & Lauren too. Maybe we can all get together and have lunch or something.

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone...I have to start this painting...have been on this computer way too long...
Closed Thread