Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 11:37 AM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Hi,

Ward: What do you do in your Group Power workout?

Mindy: I'm so proud of you for still having that cookie around. How are things going with you?

Last night I did the elipitical for 20 min. Went to the weight room to work chest and back. I did one arm rows using 20 lbs, 3 sets of 12, and used the bar plus 5 lbs=45 lbs for chest press, flat, decline and incline, 1 set on each, 12 reps. Then I walked for 30 min.

I sure hope for a loss at the scales tonight.

Ward and Mindy: Aren't you guys doing 5K's tomorrow?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, poo. I made a post, but the internet ate it.

Mindy - Isn't it frustrating when your body defies logic and gains weight when you've been on plan? Don't eat that cookie! You'll just feel bad about it after the fact. Or if you really want to have some, then just take a little piece of it and work it into your daily plan and give the rest away.

Susie - Good luck with the weigh-in! I hope all your hard work shows on the scales.

I ate lunch out yesterday, but I had a reasonably healthy sandwich with cheese, avocado, and lettuce. It came with a fruit salad. No potato chips for me, thank you! The sky was sprinkling when I went for my walk yesterday evening, but I went anyway. A little rain never hurt anyone, right? :-)
Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #78  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Susie, Group Power is a barbell class. It's 10 songs, each choreographed for a body part. First is a warm-up, then squats, chest, back and legs, triceps, biceps, lunges, shoulders, abs and cool-down. So, you work your whole body in one hour. It's fun! I think serious weight lifters think it's a waste of time, but it does the job for me. It sounds like you are getting into weight training, too - good for you!

Foucault, my Dad always used to tell us, "Don't worry about going out in the rain, you won't melt."

Today I did 25 min elliptical, Group Ride, and 27 min stair mill. Eating is on plan. Tomorrow might be a different story, though. I plan to work out in the morning, but then we're doing 4th of July stuff that involves food, food, food. :sigh:

Hope you all have a great holiday!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:22 PM   #79  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Okay. My greatest fear was realized tonight. I went for my walk and was 1.5 miles from home when I have got to go to the bathroom. Luckily for me I was at a dead end road out in the middle of nowhere. So I found myself a nice bush and then headed home. My scale was the same today in spite of being on plan again yesterday. I have been today also. Tom. is lunch with Kelly. We are going to a Mexican place. I'll try and choose wisely. I hope that scale starts to move soon.

Foucault- Yes, I am doing a 5k for the 4th. Well I just did one tonight actually. I will do at least one more this weekend. Tonight I only walked, next time I will throw in some jogging. Sometimes a walk in the rain is nice. Yesterday it was downpouring here and stormy.

Susie- You are really kicking in the strength training. Good for you. I haven't done much of it in a while. Although my DVD's have strength moves in them. Hope you get good news at the scales tonight. I weigh-in tom. The way things have been going lately, I don't have very high hopes.

Wardhog- You have been doing great. Don't fret the 4th. Just make sensible choices and don't pig out. You'll be fine. When are you doing your 5k?

See ya tom. I'll let you know what that stupid scale has to say. I'm wondering if my being home for the summer and working all day has anything to do with it. Thoughts?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #80  

Hi,

We have a very rainy and overcast 4th here in Ohio. I"m just hoping they can do fireworks tonight. They say the rain will end my dark. I'm hoping so.

I had a 1 lb loss at the scales last night. I was a bit disappointed. I've done the same thing for the past 3 weeks and had big losses but not this week. It's ok, sometimes, as we alll know, our bodies do things we don't understand.

I'm not working out today, other than doing some house cleaning. Tomorrow morning I"ll go for a walk, then I'll be gone to a concert with my friend, from high school. We go to this event called SummerFest every year. This year we are seeing 10 bands..all from the 80's. We will make a day and night of it and have hotel rooms for the night in the city where we are going to the concert. I'm looking forward to the time with my friend.

I'm on plan with my food for the day. Now that I have the sugar out of my system it's easier to stay on plan. That's what I tell myself everytime I want a candy bar!

Ward: Your Group Power class sounds a lot like my Firm class. I love to strength train. I perfer it over cardio but it takes both to be healthy so I work on it all. I'm sure you won't get to far off plan today.

Mindy: How did the scales look? I laughed when I read about your biggest fear happening. It looks like you were able to handle it with ease!
Enjoy your lunch with Kelly and tell her we miss her posts.

Focult: Good for you for going for your walk--in the rain.

I won't post again until Sunday, since I won't be home tomorrow. I'll be thinking about you gals and that will help me to stay on plan.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:29 PM   #81  
mtiger

Wink

Well yesterday the scale was up again to 218. What is going on? Went to lunch with Kelly and talked about it. I think the only thing it can be is that I stay home all day now and even though I try to do something outside everyday, it's not the same as going to work 5 days a week. So I am going to try going for a walk every morning and then do my evening workout also.

I did not count calories yesterday at all. I ran errands for about 3 hours after lunch. So I was up and moving a good part of the day. I bought a nes kickboxing DVD and did that last night. This morning the scale was down a pound to 217.2. See I think I just need to keep moving all day. But I can't go shopping everyday. I have to figure something out.

Susie- Yeah for a pound!! You are doing a good job. Keep it up. Have a great time at the concert. Where is it at? I know I've heard of it?

See ya tom.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #82  
Maintainer Wannabe

Help! My eating has been out of control for two days. It was really bad on the 4th, like - my stomach hurt but I still kept eating. My husband is going out of town for a whole week, and I think that's what has triggered the binge. But I need it to stop.

Exercise has been good - Group Power and 45 min of cardio on Fri., Group Ride and 52 min on Sat. I will do my run today - I plan to get on the treadmill and just see how far I can go. The Wimbledon final will be on so I hope that will interest/motivate me to go for a while.

I hope you are all having a better week-end than I have!
Old 07-06-2008, 09:55 AM   #83  
mtiger

Wink

Well things are moving in the right direction at least. Friday was lunch day and then ran errands for about 4 hours. Lost almost a pound on Sat. From 218 to 217.2. Yesterday we worked in the yard alomost all day. We cut down some huge hedges and hauled away, trimmed some bushes, weed whacked. you name it. I was down another pound to 216 this morning. So what does this tell me. Yes, I need to keep busy all summer long. No sitting and watching tv for 3 hours a day.

Wardhog- As a SAHM I don't know how you do it, except that you have young children to chase around and tend to. There is no one at my house during the week but me. I think that is what get me in trouble. Sorry you have been chowing down. I know you will get back on track though. You are good that way. I had my favorite Chinese last night, which I haven't had in over 6 months. I figured I had worked my a** off so I could do it. Hang in there. You will be back on track soon.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #84  

Hi Ladies,

I just got back from a 1 hr walk with my hubby. I've been wanting to start working out on Sunday's again and tonight he said, let's put on our shoes and go. It's nice he supports me like that.

I really needed to go for the walk. Last night at the concert I was at with my friend, it was about 6 o'clock and we were getting hungry. It was so hot and so we decided on ice cream for dinner--not the best choice but we did have big salads at lunch time, as I was finishing eating my Greaters BuckeyBlitz, I looked at the container, which was a single serving and it said 510 calories! I about died!!!

Hopefully all the dancing we did in at our seats and the walk I did today will counter that ice cream.

Ward: Have you been able to get the food undercontrol? Would jounaling your food the week your hubby is gone help you to keep it undercontrol?
I watched some of Wimbelton yesterday when the Williams sisters were playing. They have such great bodies! I also watched it today...what a match. It was very exciting.

Mindy: It looks like you found the key to get those scales moving again. Good for you!

I'll see everyone tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #85  

Hi Ladies,

It looks like everyone has been busy today--I'm sure you are all out working out!

I forgot my workout clothes when I came to work today so I didn't get to workout at lunch. That just means a longer workout tonight at the Y. It's ok, I'm sort of in the mood for it.

I'm on track with my food for the day.

Looking forward to reading everyone's posts.
Old 07-07-2008, 04:48 PM   #86  
Maintainer Wannabe

I think I have missed a couple of days. My husband is out of town for the week so I am a bit scattered (more than usual). I think that is what has triggered the eating binge. Today has been better, so I hope it is tapering off now. The good news is that workouts have been good. I ended up running 10 miles on Sunday, in 1:42. Today I did Group Power and 45 minutes of cardio.

Susie, have a great long workout tonight.

Mindy, I hope you are staying busy. I am glad the scale is moving in the right direction again.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #87  
mtiger

Wink

Well today has been raining and kind of yucky. I did get outside this morning to try and get the dirt off the stumps we pulled yesterday. That was a bit of work. I kept busy in the house: laundry, dishes, phone calls, picking up. The scale was down to 214.6 today. All I can say is " What the H***?" I am back where I was 2 weeks ago. Now I need to keep going down and not put any back on. Of course, I am now a week away from TOM. Traditionally not a good weight loss week. Man I just want this weight off so I can relax, at least a little.

Susie- Ice cream for dinner. Yummy!! How nice to go for a walk with your hubbie. Hope you have a good workout tonight at the Y.

Wardhog- 10 miles? Man, you rock!!! I did another 5k yesterday around the neighborhood. I wanted to beat my official race time of 46.1. I did it in 47 min. There are a lot of hills on this route though, so I am not upset. Maybe someday I will be able to run the whole thing.

See ya tom.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 270/270/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! It's been a nice, long weekend for me (I took today off work), so I haven't been around much. I was a bad girl on the 5th - the day after everyone else was probably bad. My boyfriend wanted to go out to eat at a Mexican place. I agreed and then I ate a gazillion tortilla chips and my entire burrito. I felt sick afterwards, and I knew I shouldn't have eaten the entire plate of food. Uck. But we're all back on track now. Right? :-) Holiday is over and it's back to work and plan. I'm determined to see 199 by Sunday or Monday. We'll see if that actually happens, though...

WardHog - I feel you on the binging. I did a bit of that this weekend, too. Once I give up control, I go all out. I should be more careful about keeping my willpower up. Glad to hear that you're back on track now and working out so hard at the gym. I hope things aren't too crazy while your husband is away.

Mindy - Woohoo! I'm glad to see the scale is moving back down for you. Your dedication go the 5k runs/walks has really motivated me to search for one to participate in. I know they have a few around here; I just need to keep my ear out for any news of scheduled ones.

Susie - A pound is a pound less you'll have to worry about in the future, so good for you! As for the ice cream - ouch! I'd probably die, too! That's a whole lotta calories. At leas you compensated for it by having healthy choices earlier in the day. I love ice cream, but the good stuff is aways stuff with calories. I want to eat a cup of ice cream, not a bitty little half cup. So, I've taken to buying and eating soy ice cream. Depending on what you get, it's about 110 or 120 calories for half a cup. Which means that for 200 calories, I can get a yummy snack in.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #89  
mtiger

Wink

Good Morning!! Well today is another day. Yesterday I stayed pretty busy,but missed my workout. I ended up going to my mom's to visit with my niece that's here from Kentucky. Then we went to get ice cream. I had a yogurt strawberry sundae. Not too bad. I didn't even eat it all. Good for me. The scale is at 215 today, up just a wee bit, but then I didn't workout. So back to it today.

Foucault- Mexican can get you every time. I hear you on wanting to see 199. I want it so bad it hurts. At this point I will be delighted to see 209, under 210. Keep working. We are going to get there!!

See ya later.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #90  

Hi Ladies,

I'm crazy busy at work again today but wanted to pop in for a quick check-up.

I had a great cardio workout last night. I did a 30 min walk, then 15 min on the bike and 15 min on the elliptical. Tonight I have a hour of cardio planned and then weight training. My FIRM class was cancelled so I'll just do something similar myself. When I saw the class was cancelled I called my workout partner and made other plans right away so we just didn't call it off.

I'm feeling so good from working out everyday!

I'm sorry not to do personals today. I will catch them up tomorrow.

Everyone stay strong!
Closed Thread