Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #16  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Hi y'all! Today was the craziest day yet - I feel like I have been in the car the whole summer vacation so far. The kids are having fun, though. I still went to the gym first thing - did Group Ride and a 45 min jog. Eating is on plan.

Susie, good luck with the weigh-in. You should get a good number - you've worked for it.

Mindy, I completely agree with Susie - whatever happens this week is just temporary. Just keep up the good work. I see that ticker changing! I am lucky that I don't have TOM - I have a Mirena IUD and no cycle! yay!
Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 PM   #17  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Tom. is weigh-in for me and I know I won't reach 215. I am hoping for 216 something though. I seem to do this thing where I gain 2 pounds then lose lose 3 or 4. Wierd. I wish i could just lose steadily instead of this up down crap. Oh well.

Susie- I hope your weigh-in went well. I want to hear about it tom.

Wardhog- Didn't hear from you today. that is unusual. I'm sure you were on plan though, as always.

Kelly- See ya tom. for lunch. How's it going for you. I haven't heard.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #18  

Hi,

I was so mad I could have cried! Those darn scales said I GRAINED .25 lb!

I have no idea why they were up. But the good news is that I didn't let it throw me off track..nope, I worked out again today and next week I am expecting for a great loss.

Ward: You are have a great summer and staying on plan. Good girl!

Mindy: I hear you on wanting to lose steady. Hang in there.

I'll be around this weekend...see you all later.

Last edited by MyChoice2bfit; 06-15-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

So somehow I didn't realize that we had moved on to page 2 yesterday. I kept waiting for more posts and they didn't arrive. I guess if I had posted I would have realized.

I have been avoiding you ladies, I must admit. This week I haven't been eating the greatest and I only worked out on Monday. I was down to 198 earlier in the week, and slowly crept up to 200 again. I don't know what's wrong with me. I know I am home now, and the food just calls my name. I'm really having a hard time stopping myself. I am also not as busy and moving around as I would like to be. But, tonight I am getting back on track. I bought 3 new DVD's to work out to. As much as I can't stand Leslie Sansone, I bought her 2 mile walking DVD, The Biggest Loser's Power Sculpt DVD, and Billy Blanks' Tae Bo 30 minute workout. Hopefully I will like them all and I can get back in the groove. In case anyone was wondering, Barnes and Noble has DVD's on sale Buy 2 get one free! (Hence, my three dvd's!) I have actually been looking forward to the baby going to bed tonight so I could try them out!!!!! I'll keep ya updated!

Susie--Are you eating enough? It seems like you are doing great working out, I keep expecting to see big losses? Keep up the good work!!

Mindy--We know your body, TOM is ravaging you right now, holding on to whatever it can. Just wait. You probably won't even see 215--you'll just pass it by on your way down to 210!

Wardhog--What kinds of stuff are you doing this summer to keep your kids busy?
Old 06-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #20  
mtiger

Wink

Susie- Sorry you didn't get a big loss. It is so frustrating when you work hard, eat right and don't lose. I know!! Just stick with it and things will have to start happening.

Kelly- Lunch was good today. We went to TGIFriday's. YUMM! Hey the videos sound exciting. Have fun with them. I know you hate Leslie, but I just did her 3 mile walk. It is pretty boring these days. Sorry about the little gain. You will take it off. It is hard, being home all the time, no routine, and access to food. We can do it though.

Simply holding steady these last couple of days, no matter what. I hope you are right Kelly and after TOM moves out I can lose some more. It just gets hard and frustrating. Ladies, we have got to get in the groove and make some good progress. Let's go!~
Old 06-14-2008, 12:43 PM   #21  

I'm much more on plan today. Eating better, writing everything down again. Went back down to 198.5. Maybe I was retaining some water, too. Did Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk yesterday, I think I'll do some Tae Bo today. Leslie just grates on my ears--her laugh is atrocious.

Mindy---:balloo ns:
Old 06-14-2008, 01:42 PM   #22  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hey y'all. I guess I didn't get here yesterday. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Susie, I hope you're not letting the weigh-in get you down. Just keep doing what you've been doing and you'll get there.

Kelly, I'm glad you're back on the wagon. Enjoy the new videos.

Mindy, Happy Birthday!

Yesterday I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. We have plans at my parents' for Sunday, so my husband wanted IHOP for breakfast this morning. I avoided the pancakes and ate an egg substitute omelet with mushrooms and spinach with a side of fruit. Still a big breakfast, but more healthy, I think. So, I didn't get to the gym. I did a couple hours of yard work and that will have to do. I don't know that I will make it tomorrow, either. Also it will be a foodfest, so tomorrow is a write-off anyway.

Have a great week-end!
Old 06-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #23  
mtiger

Wink

Good morning. I missed you all yesterday. As you know it was my birthday and we had a family open house. All I got done yesterday was a little yard work. Sounds like Wardhog. Went shopping with my mom, sister and neice to pick out my present from mom. Got a new nightie and a workout shirt. Bought myself some tank tops. I have never had any before.

I met my daughter halfway between her and I and we went to lunch. That was nice to see her. It has been several weeks now. Than of course the open house. I ate a lot of fruit and veggies, plus some cheese and meatballs. I treated myself to one bite of carrot cake. We'll call that my birthday cake.
Scale is stuck around 217-218. Tom will be visiting for the next few days. Let's get this over with and lose some dang weight.

Wardhog- As a calorie counter you know how tricky it is to eat out. Sounds like you did well. For lunch I had a grilled chicken sandwich. Not too bad. Have fun on Father's Day. It will be pretty much a no event around here.

Kelly- Yeah!! You are doing awesome. Glad to hear it. Just turn off Leslie's voice and let me know how the Tae Bo is.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.
See ya tom.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:50 AM   #24  

Hi Ladies,

Thank you all for the encourgement with the scales. I have delt with this problem for almost 10 years. My body just loves to hold on to the weight. Once I loose 25 lbs then my real metabolism kicks in and I loose like one should with all the effort I am putting in but those first 25 lbs are always the hardest for me. It seems it's just the opposite for everyone else.

I can say that I'm feeling fantastic due to all the exercise and the healthy eating and I don't feel puffy, so right now I'm just going to concentrate on those good feelings and keep working at it.

Kelly: Good for you for getting back in there. I do believe that when we get into a new set of numbers on the scales our bodies try to go back to the old ones for a couple of weeks then it stabilizes and we loose once again. Enjoy your new videos.

Mindy: TOM is a hard time. You know your body will respond once it's over.
I had a hyst when I was 38 and boy did things change in my body. It's like fighting TOM EVERY week! I hope you had a very happy birthday.

Ward: It sounds like a busy weekend for you. I know that Monday you will be back on routine so don't fret about not being on plan this weekend. Just get back into it.

It seems like routine is a very important part of this journey for us don't you agree? What is the one routine that you have to be sure that you stick to? I believe mine is journaling my food and exercising. So I guess I have two.

Have a great day ladies. I'm just going to putter around the house today. I feel like organizing a bit. It always helps me to feel steady and calm when I have things in there place.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:01 PM   #25  
mtiger

Wink

What happened today. Nobody posted. Well TOM hit hard today. I didn't think I would be able to get off the couch today. I'm too old to deal with these cramps and crap. UUGGHH!! Well I started feeling better this evening so i could actually workout. I did WATP 45 min.walk. Right before bedtime. HHMM!! Will I be redy to go to sleep anytime soon?

Well hope to hear from you guys tom.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 AM   #26  
Maintainer Wannabe

Ack - Sorry I haven't been around. Sunday I did a five mile jog (48 min), then 25 min on the recumbent bike. I ate very poorly, though.

Yesterday I did Group Power and 45 min of cardio. I am back to my eating plan, but up a few pounds from the week-end.

I am glad you're feeling better, Mindy.

Keep up the good work, everyone!
Old 06-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #27  
Maintainer Wannabe

Today I did the elliptical for a few minutes (they came to get me from child care, my son bumped his head and wouldn't stop crying until I came in), then I did Group Ride and then 30 min on the stair mill. Eating is on plan so far, but it's really a struggle the last few days. I feel really stressed for some reason, but I haven't figured out why yet. I guess it will pass ...

How is everyone today?
Old 06-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #28  

Ok Wardhog--something must be in the air, because I feel like I can't stop eating too. I've just been making bad choices about what to eat, not necessarily eating everything in sight. I don't feel overstuffed or anything.

Workouts have been good. I worked out Friday, Sunday, and Monday. I plan on working out again tonight. I liked the Leslie Sansone walking DVD (minus her voice), loved, loved, loved the Power Sculpt, and disliked the Tae Bo. I think it was too fast for me. It made me feel foolish and inept. Maybe it will get better.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:05 PM   #29  
mtiger

Wink

Well ladies, since TOM is rolling through, the scale is being kind. I went from 217.2 yesterday to 215.4 today. Can't complain about that. We'll see what happens tom.

I have just been working in the yard today. It takes a while to mow about 1.5 acres. There is so much to do out there I don't think I'll ever get everything done. Since I am keeping busy I am staying away from food pretty well. Sorry girls!!

I still need to work out today. I think I will do Jillian's shred (20 min.) and walk with Leslie for 15. Enjoy those videos Kelly.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #30  

Hi Ladies,

I've been crazy busy at work this week and today is no exception but I decided I am taking a few minutes for me. I need my Board pals.

I'm doing good with my food and exercise. I'm exercising for 40 min of cardio at the work gym every day and then doing my 30 min cardio with my workout partner at night and also the weights. Those dang scales better show a loss this week!

I'm going out to lunch today with some friends and I'm determined to stay on track with the food. I'm going to look at the menu online before we go so I can predetermine what I want so I don't look at the menu again and make a bad choice. I know me and I've got to plan these sorts of things.

Ward: My workout partner gets interrupted sometimes during her workout for kid issues too. At one time they would come to get her to change a diaper! She finally had to talk to them about that. It was young girls and they just didn't want to do it. Then a couple of times she would showup and they would tell her that one of her kids hit there head on a table or fell off the slide, but they didn't come and get her when it happend. Things are better for her now. It just took some meetings to get things straightend out. I hope that your son is doing ok. I hope that that stress feeling has left you and Kelly. I've had that sometimes and it's hard to deal with when you don't know what it is.

Kelly: Keep working on those DVD's. I bet the more you do them the better you will become at them. When I first started taking Zumba I felt so awkard but I love it now

Mindy: Glad to see that the scales are going down for you. You know have 3 weeks to work really hard and see results. You know that every 4th week your body plays tricks on you with TOM so look forward to all you can accomplish the next 3.

Ok..got to get to work. It's good to chat with you all. I'll see you tomorrow.
Closed Thread