Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 08:33 AM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ELLEN~ SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SISTER'S ANKLE. LIFE JUST HAS WAY TOO MANY SURPRISES FOR MY LIKING!!! HOPE SHE FEELS BETTER SOON.

RENNIE~ LOVE CLIFTON WEBB IN ALMOST ALL HIS MOVIES. I BOUGHT A SET OF DEANNA DURBIN MOVIES. THE SENIORS WANT A DVD PLAYER NOW SO THEY CAN SEE THEM TOO!!

SHAD~ ARE YOU GETTING EXCITED YET FOR THE NEW TRIP? I AM !!!!! GLAD THE DS IS LOOKING ELSEWHERE AND KEEPING FINGERS CROSSED ABOUT THE VOC!!! ASK RUTH TO SEND SOME SNOW AND YOU CAN HAVE A WHITE BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH!!

HAPPY~ WANT A WHITE BIRTHDAY THIS MONTH TOO? WE CAN GO VISIT SHAD....BRING THE LONG JOHNS!!!

CEEJAY~ I WAS THINKING OF YOU ALL LAST NITHG. WE WATCHED THE STORMS AND THE DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR STATE. TORNADOES ARE POPPING OUT OF NO WHERE AND GOING CRAZY. STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN FRIEND!
THE INVITE TO THE WEDDING SOUNDS LIKE GREAT MOTIVATION! FOR A MANY YEARS NOW, AT WORK WE HAVE" PC ANYWHERE" WHICH ALLOWS THE PC REPAIRMEN TO GO INTO OUR PUTERS AND DO THE SAME THING. NOW EVERYONE HAS IT!! GREAT HUH?

ANNIE~ STORMS AND A CARD PARTY! YIKES!! I AM SENDING MY WASH OUT STRAIGHT AWAY...SHOULD LAND IN YOUR WASHER ANY DAY NOW

MICHELLE~ YOU REALLY ARE AN INSPIRATION. HOPE YOU'RE GIVING YOURSELF LITTLE PATS ON THE BACK. YOU HAVE REALLY TAKEN CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE!! I AM HOPING YOUR DEDICATION RUBS OFF ON ME TOO!!!

OK, I AM ALL CAUGHT UP. TIME FOR A CHAT BUT I ALREADY DID THAT in LAST NIGHT'S POST!
JEN AND RICHI WILL BE BABYSITTING THE FIL'S HOUSE AND DOG WHILE HE VISITS THE FAMILY IN FLORIDA.
THE FAMILY IS STILL IN THE GRIEVING/CALM MODE SO NO DRAMA TO REPORT AS YET....THANK THE LORD.
HAD A GOOD CHAT WITH MY FRIEND HERE LAST NIGHT. WHEN PUSH COMES TO SHOVE, WE MAY TALK ABOUT EACH OTHER BUT STILL HAVE EACH OTHER'S BACK AND HAVE KEPT OUR SENSES OF HUMOR. ONE OF THE GIRLS WAS OUT. I WORRY ABOUT HER. SHE HAD THE SERIOUS SURGERY FOR WEIGHTLOSS..I FORGET THE NAME OF IT...AND SHE IS UNHAPPY HERE. I KNOW THE FEELING AND WISH SHE COULD FIND A HAPPIER JOB LIKE MY YOUNG FRIEND DID LAST YEAR. SHE WAS ON MY MIND YESTERDAY. ANYWAY.....THOUGHT I SAID I HAD NOTHING TO SAY???
HAPPY SATURDAY/SUNDAY!!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 AM   #77  
Happy September

DR. DOUG'S APRIL NEWSLETTER:

Last week I was fortunate enough to be in Vancouver for a few days. The morning after my arrival, I went out for a jog across from Stanley Park. Without a doubt it was one of the most enjoyable runs I've had in a long time. The reason: I was outside. Although a lot of you had told me how much you were nibbling at night, and how little exercise you were doing, I hadn't realized myself how little time I had spent outdoors this long winter. Just being outside, with good footing, wearing light clothes and getting fresh air was invigorating. So, if you've been off-track with eating or exercise, don't be discouraged. As the snow melts, I know everyone will have more energy and more focus. In the meantime, review your goals. If you are struggling with your eating, you may have lost sight of why you want to lose weight.

When you are feeling stalled, (and I'm sure a lot of us are feeling that way right now), it's important to review your goals. Don't give up; start making a list of the important reasons for you to lose weight.

Health may be a major factor. Remember that increased abdominal girth is associated with diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, hypertension and maybe even dementia. So, you might say to yourself that you want to lose 2 inches off your waist as a start.

Being in control of your eating is a positive thing. So many people spend a lot of negative energy remembering only all of the "bad food choices" they have made. When you are eating good quality food in reasonable portions you will feel mentally and physically better. Focus only of doing a good job today; don't worry about the long term and don't reflect on past failures. Just know that if you eat well today you will go to bed feeling proud of your eating accomplishments.

Being fit can be a very important goal. This means different things to different people. Maybe you just want to be able to walk upstairs and not feel breathless. You may want to lose weight to decrease the aches and pains in your joints and muscles. Perhaps you've always wondered if you could walk or jog 5 or 10 km; it IS possible. Doing regular physical activity is a great stress reliever. Even if you feel tired at the end of a day, a short walk or a trip to the gym will heighten your energy and you'll be less likely to over-eat.

A lot of us want to lose weight to gain self-respect and confidence. It's true that as we lose weight, fit into smaller clothes and tone up we feel great. This is a very important. However, we can't expect to lose weight continually and we shouldn't beat ourselves up for every indiscretion. Losing weight is a marathon; not a sprint. At the end, however, you will feel amazing.

So, get ready for spring with a powerful mindset and a re-affirmation of why you want to lose weight. This is a mental game, and it takes daily work, but the benefits are huge, so keep working at it.
Don't ever give up. You can do it.

Dr. Doug
Old 04-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #78  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

I was browsing away here when DH announced that if we're going to the Humane Society today, it would be better for him if we left in 30 minutes so he could spend the afternoon on other chores.

So, I'm off and running again. No time to post. Sorry.

Happy Saturday!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:59 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

just popping in to say hello--Going to go grocery shopping in a few minutes.
Hello to everyone.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #80  

Height: 5'5"

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!!! The weather here is nice so DH decided to do some yard work b4 the wedding (so sorry Ruth) so I have to get moving...will try to catch up tomorrow.

luv and hugs!!!
Old 04-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #81  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! I have no snow or ice on my sidewalk and part of the bed AND the snowdrops that were covered yesterday are BLOOMING! It's here! The geese have been flying and hollering all day - they are going the right way too! Hersh and I are still working on the snow and ice on the deck but the BBQ is now liberated. Maybe I'll crank it up tomorrow.

Will try to catch up tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #82  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Fire up that grill Ruth. Yum

I accidently took 2 allergy pills before we headed off to the Humane Society. I've taken 2 before but never during the day. Usually they don't affect me - ie. make me drowsy but while one doesn't bother me, 2 sure do. I have been desperately trying to stay awake all afternoon.

It's 8pm here and I may have to pack it in and go to bed even if it's still a little light out. I told DH I might wake up at 3 if I went to bed now and he said, what's the problem with that? No problem UNTIL I start banging around making coffee and cleaning while you are trying to sleep, eh?

I'm too tired to even sit at the computer here so I'm going to put the last of the fresh produce away and it's off to bed for this chick. See you in the morning...

Oh and GO MEMPHIS TIGERS They won their college basketball game today and advanced to the final two for the championship game on Monday. Set a new college record for most games won in a season also. It's nice to see the city united in something they can be proud of that doesn't involve biggest drop out rate, most crime, biggest corruption or things like that
Old 04-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just got home from a trip into the Riverside markets in town and breakfast with friends. I had a very nice, non diet friendly eggs benedict with smoked salmon. And some Gunpowder green tea. Why is it called gunpowder - dunno! Went around the markets, bought a couple of things, sampled a couple of things, admired some things but not the prices and came home.

Ruth - hey spring is here - Yahhooo!! That'll put a spring in your step.

Happy - Go Tigers!!!! Hope you sleep deeply and happily all night long. Pity they don't pep you up. Think of all the chores you might get done on a high!

Mel - not getting excited yet. Too much to do for that. Oh and I found a paytv channel that had Rick Steves Travel docos on it - and then I forgot to watch the darned thing. Have to check it out again another time.
Enjoyed Dr Dougs newsletter.

And now I need to go get changed. Package up some parcels, wash down some paintwork, throw out some junk, go round to the DB2's place and get the lawn mower back, mow some lawns and clean up around here. You get to play and you get to pay. Never ending is it?
Old 04-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #84  
Happy September

SHAD~ I WAS LOOKING AT JAKARTA ON THE NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC SITE. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT INDONESIA??? WHY WAS I THINKING YOU WERE A LOT MORE CLOSER TO "HOME". THE ONE PICTURE I SAW AT DUSK WAS GORGEOUS. I HOPE THE TRIP WILL BE WONDERFUL. IF NOTHING ELSE, IT WILL GET YOU ALL DUSTED OFF FROM THE SANDING AND PLASTERING!!!

RITH~ SO GLAD SOMETHING ELSE IS BLOOMING BESIDES ALL OF US!! ENJOY THE GEESE! AND THE BBQ~

HAPPY~ OMG! IF I TOOK TWO OF THEM I WOULD BE COMATOSE!!! I CANNOT IMAGINE HOW YOU FELT WITH 2!!!! I HOPE YOU GOT A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP AND SLEPT THRU!!

TO ELLEN AND CEEJAY AND ALL THE OTHER CHICKS.

VERY QUIET HERE. THE GRANSON IS REFUSING TO WAKE UP TODAY. I EVEN LEFT THE CURTAINS CLOSED SO HE CAN SLEEP. HE TOOK ONE LOOK AT ME AND HID HIS HEAD UNDER HIS WING. HE'S ALSO ALL FLUFFED UP. MAYBE HE'S NOT FEELING GOOD. WISH HE COULD TALK......OR MAYBE NOT!!!!
I WILL BE SPENDING TIME WITH MY NEPHEW AND HIS WIFE STARTING THE END OF THE WEEK. SO I MIGHT BE A BIT SCARCE NEXT WEEK. WE WILL SEE. THEY ARRIVE IN NJ ON THE 11TH.
HOPE ALL OF YOU ARE ENJOYING YOUR WEEKEND. I HAVE BEEN PUTTERING ABOUT. NOTHING TOO ACTIVE. I HOPE TO GO TO THE MALL ON MONDAY. I'LL SEE IF THE BACK IS UP TO A BUMPY BUS RIDE. I ALSO NEED GROCERY SHOPPING ON TUESDAY AND DON'T WANT TO SCREW THAT UP. JEN AND RICHIE GOT THIS WEEK'S LOT.
BEST GET SOME OATMEAL AND PEDAL A WEE BIT.
STAY WELL MY CHICKIE FRIENDS.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:56 AM   #85  

Spring has sprung here too. I worked but the kids played outside ALL day yesterday. They were muddy little monkey's when I got home!

Food for Thought........

By Marianne Williamson

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us, it’s in everyone. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others”.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:58 AM   #86  
Happy September

DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED....BUT THERE IS AN ALL DAY EVERYTHING EGYPT THING ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL STARTING AT NOON.
GOING TO SET MY VCR AND USE IT TO PEDAL WITH OVER THE SUMMER!!
Old 04-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Ruth
I saw a field full of geese last fall. If I had a camera I would have stopped and made a picture. We don't see that sight very often.

Mel
Thanks for thinking about me. I cleared out my safe spot in my closet just in case I had to make a dash for it. The lightening did sound a little close but the weather person lifted the warning's for our area. I didn't sleep well that night.
Maybe the grandson is hinting that you do the same thing.
I told the dell rep that i'm in the wrong business. He laughed.

Shad
You make me tired just reading what you have accomplished each day.

Carla
Come out, come out where ever you are.

hello to the others.

My boss is not going to like the long list that I've left for him. Some are messages. One is from a customer that called twice about a man hole over flow. Sometimes that is just to get the guys to move a little faster. I sent the stand by person out but he said that the pipes were still full of rain water/run-off. The lift stations just can't handle this much. She got smart and said that she would contact the Mayor. She'll have to do it tomorrow. He has an unlisted number. But I'm used to that. It's part of the job.
L has made some boo boo's on the paper work in which she is going to correct not me. She may have the boss fooled, but not me. Next month I do soil conservation stuff. You can not fake you way through that. I caught her in a lie this morning and she knows it. I'm speaking out in a nice way from now on when she does this stupid stuff.

Last edited by ceejay52; 04-06-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:45 PM   #88  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all

Mel, Indonesia consists of a archepeligo (sp) of over 13000 islands and Jakarta the capital is on the island of Java, Bali is a small island off the other end of Java. They speak hundreds of dialects and it is interesting me as to how I am going to communicate with the population at large. I've borrowed the nieces phrase book and am busy practicing hello (salam) and p*ss off!! That doesn't appear to be in the book. It's north of the Equator - just and will be hot and probably humid (oh yuk). But I am looking forward to it. Meantime I am trying to get ahead of the stuff here as well. I may have to take a trip to Melbourne next week to sort out some stuff and to Townsville for a day (if I can get a reasonable price fare) because I have a friend up there who is very sick and may not have much longer to live. I'd like to try and see her again.

Today will be busy again as I didn't achieve as much as I wanted to yesterday, the rain poured down and the lawn was a b*tch to mow in between rain showers. But it did get done. Our local council is having a clean up of big rubbish stuff this week so I got some of the old kitchen out there and I am hoping to get some more of it out there before they arrive. They said the pick up would be the 7th but normally they take about a week to go around the entire area, so I may yet have time. That's what I will be doing next anyway..

So forgive me if I don't do personals at the moment. I've been to the gym, burned off about 570 calories on the bike, elliptical and treadmill, sweated buckets. And now breakfast is finished I'd better go get something else done.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #89  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good afternoon ladies!

Sorry for being a no show all weekend...the weather was just too nice to be on the computer. I got some housecleaning done, but not as much as I would've if it had been cold and rainy. I just had to be outside enjoying the sun and 60 degree weather as much as I could! I went to the gym on Saturday morning for cardio and weights and I took today off. It's TOM and it's a doozy this time around! I hope I'll feel better by tomorrow evening so I feel up to a good cardio and weights workout at the gym.

Have any of you been watching "I can Make You Thin". It airs on Sunday nights. I've recorded all the episodes (except the first one which I missed). I haven't watched them yet, but I want to. I was just wondering if any of you had seen them and what you thought.

Ceejay - That's great that Dell was able to help with your computer problems. When is your nephew's wedding! Awesome goal setting! YGG!

Ellen - I hope your back is doing better and that you had fun at your DH's nephew's wedding. Glad you had a chance to enjoy your nice weather.

Ruth -- I'm so sorry to hear that it's snowing by you! Hang in there! Spring just got to Wisconsin, it's got to get where you live sooner or later. Okay, I just read your post from yesterday afternoon --looks like spring is starting to arrive for you after all! Yay! I hope you were able to grill out. We grilled burgers and brats tonight for dinner! Yummm!

Rennie -- Don't ya' just love that spam?! I was getting so much spam on my Yahoo email account that I switched to Google. Now, I don't get any spam! Good for you for eating fish. I'm not a big fish eater....except the occasional Friday Fish Fry and only if they have beer battered haddock. I don't even want to try and figure out how many points in that!!

Shad - Funny how for folks there 60 degrees is cold, where we just had our first 60 degree days and there's people in shorts and tee shirts! Thanks for explaining what your work background is. It sounds great! And you obviously have a great reputation! How wonderful to be recommended for the job by so many people! Shad, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope you can get to visit with her.

Mel - You go right ahead and brag! It's absolutely okay for us to pat ourselves on the back! YGG! That's wonderful that you'll be debt free soon! You should feel very proud!! :congrats: I wish I could say the same. DH and I have a few more years (at least) to go, but we chip away as much as we can. Thanks for calling me an inspiration. I so hope my blood tests go well this Saturday! And that the doc is pleased with the results. I am definitely pleased with how I'm feeling and that I've lost 22.5 pounds so far. Mel, thanks for posting the Dr. Doug newsletter!

Happy - Hope you had a nice time at the Humane Society caring for the kitties. I hope you're feeling better after your allergy pill sleepiness. I'll cheer for the Memphis Tigers, too!

Holly - I'm glad spring has sprung for you!

Hope everyone is having a nice evening!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #90  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Spring is still springing. The well in the back garden is overflowing and adding to Lake Ruthie in the dog and side yards. I may need to get a "lad" to open up the culvert so it drains away. The snow mountains are still around but shrinking. (I wish I was!)

Back a bit later to read and post. I need to crank up my morning while I still have the enthusiasm. I'm dragging a bit these days with a rather swollen knee.
Closed Thread