Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 07:51 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

CEEJAY~ YOU SOUND SO POSITIVE NOW WITH THE JOB AND SPEAKING OUT. GOOD FOR YOU! STAY STRONG SISTER! GLAD YOU CLEARED YOUR SAFE SPACE AND EVEN HAPPIER YOU DIDN'T NEED TO USE IT!!! I HEAR THE TORNADO LANDED IN A TOWN THAT BEGAN WITH A "B".

SHAD....I AM SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR FRIEND. HOPE YOU GET TO SEE THEM TOO.
I MUST HAVE BEEN ASLEEP WHEN I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING SOMEWHERE "SOUTH" IN AUSTRALIA. THEN I SAID ...WAIT A MINUTE....LET ME GOOGLE THAT.
rofl: YOU ARE "FORGIVEN"....NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!

MICHELLE~ WOW 22.5!!! AND GOING STRONG!! GOOD LUCK FOR THE BLOOD TESTS. I AM SURE THEY WILL GO WELL THE WAY YOU HAVE BEEN GOING! AS FOR THE COMPUTER....FRESH AIR AND GETTING OUT ARE FAR MORE IMPORTANT....ESPECIALLY NOW THAT WE CAN ALL USE A DOSE OF SUNSHINE

I CANCELLED TODAY'S TRIP. HOPING I CAN GO TOMORROW FOOD SHOPPING. AS I BENT DOWN TO WASH MY HAIR, I GOT DIZZY. I MAN STILL FEEL THE EARS FLUID AND WILL TAKE STRONGER SINUS STUFF TODAY.
THE PC SCREEN IS MAKING ME NAUSEOUS TOO!
HAPPY MONDAY!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:53 AM   #92  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

RUTH I AM SORRY TO HEAR THE KNEE IS SWOLLEN.
HOPE YOU GET THE LAKE DRAINED
Old 04-07-2008, 12:54 PM   #93  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Sorry I wasn't on much over the weekend. Been kinda busy. I had some things that come or high water were GOING to get done before Sunday's end - and they did. The weather is brightening up and there is lots of yard work to be done but after last week's deluges everything is too wet and soggy to do much. Lottsa new stuff this weekend. My new glasses came in. I'm trying out single line bifocals in the computer glasses to see if I can read a book better with them. The progressive lenses don't seem to work too well, I wind up taking my glasses off to read which is a pretty sad thing considering how blind I am. Got some new "regular" glasses too but when I tried them on, the right lens seemed fuzzy. They checked the prescription and it turned out they ground the LEFT lens wrong. Don't ask me why the right eye seemed fuzzy then But now they have to remake the glasses which is another 2 weeks. Cute frames tho. Gots me a new gun too. DH bought me one with a laser sight so I don't have to squint to see the sight. I never, ever thought I'd be toting a gun in my life. Such are the times we live in. Getting a new front door today at the house. Not sure I like the color or the grain on it. But it's really hard to tell from the samples they give you. New foyer floor will go in this week too. Then it will clash horridly with the wallpaper and DH and I will start bickering about what should be done next. He wants to do the kitchen, I said today - let's just yank the wallpaper out of the kitchen and foyer and just have someone come in and paint. (Will need someone with scaffolding for the paint job so we might as well just hire someone). But things are getting done and that's a good thing. Spring sprucing

Ruth - take care of that knee - sorry to hear it's giving you grief. I love your new avatar. Is that from your yard? So now you have "lake front property"?

Mel - hope you can find something to dry you up. Darn sinuses sure are a pain in the pattootie, aren't they? Sorry to hear that the PC is making you sick too. Go rest yourself up.

Michelle- glad you finally got a touch of nice weather you way. And on the weekend too where you can actually enjoy it. Didn't that grilled food taste GOOOOD I love spring - those first few peeks of warmish weather are so energizing and the air smells so good - wish I could bottle it into perfume I have not seen the I Can Make You Thin series tho some people were talking about it on 3FC. Congrats on the 22.5 pounds down! You're doing great.

Shad - I know you're kidding but I really had to laugh at you trying to figure out how to say p*ss off in Indonesian Wow - this assignment sounds so exotic for some reason. Hope it turns out well. I must admit, I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin. I suppose the first assignment was something you were familiar with and you just grow your confidence from there? When will you be starting the new gig? Gunpowder green tea - I looked it up and it's named so because they roll the tea leaves into pellets that resemble buck shot. I have some jasmine tea - my favorite that are called "pearls" but I'm sure look very much the same.

Hi Ceejay - seems like you have your hands full at work. Are you getting a lot of flooding up your way? We've been getting alot of rain but I think more has gone up your way.

I have to agree with Dr. Doug - get outside and get some sun on your face and breathe in some fresh air. Go take a walk around the block and enjoy some of the spring flowers.

I'd best get on with some other stuff now. Hello to all the chicks including the ones I didn't get to personally. Have a good Monday
Old 04-07-2008, 12:55 PM   #94  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Monday.........

What a lovely weekend we had. Bargain of the weekend...went to a neighbors garage sale and got a Schwinn LIKE NEW 12 speed bike with shocks on the front for....get ready for this.... 5 bucks. I rode my "new" bike over the weekend, cleaned out the flowerbed, took Hella Bella for a walk, and got all my laundry done. It is quite beautiful today also, so took a 20 walk at lunch. (two others went with me), had a salad from the salad bar in the cafe, and here I am..

MEL...Thanks for sharing the newsletter, it is very inspirational.

Ruthie..Throw a garden burger on the grill for me, I will be right over.

Happy....How was your sleep? Blissful?? Did prince charming kiss you awake? Dreamy??

Shad..Your day in town sounded like a lot of fun. Take me with you next time.

Diyana...we are on similar schedules...I am due to start any day now. Oh boy..can't wait. Seems like every other month is a really nasty one.

Holly...your time of year.Spring..outside and planting. DS had a friend till up a spot in the backyard for a veggie garden. DS is supposed to be pulling out two shrubs and getting dirt ready for flowers today.

Ceejay...I can put up with most anything, but not liars. Was married to one for 21 years. Won't do that again.

Lunch is about over, have a marvelous evening ladies.

Hello to all I missed.

Love and Hugs
Old 04-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #95  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Finally, a cup of Earl Grey and some time to read this page at least and catch up a bit.

Shad, I'm sure you will figure out the necessary phrases to deal with the native. I have a few French phrases that really dealt with the beggars in Tunisia. Um - eggs B. with salmon doesn't work out for me although I like the components. There's something about fish and eggs.....

Mel, sorry you are under the weather and missed your Mall outing. I hope it works out for tomorrow. Wonderful news about reducing the debt load - I've been there and know how it feels from both sides.

Ceejay, if you guys run out of water, I can send you some from Lake Ruthie. One year my side yard was so deep, we had wild ducks swimming in it.

Diyana, I am very impressed by your exercise regime. I did watch part of ICMYT last night but didn't learn much new. I am a professional dieter - too bad I'm not thin too!

Lake Ruthie is ebbing and flowing. It partially dried up overnight as the water soaked into the ground or made its way to the culvert and thence to the creek a.k.a.crick around here. The temps are up to 60ºF this afternoon, more snow is melting and the level is going up again. My sump pump is running every five minutes. Noisy but when you examine the alternatives.... That's one of the reasons I have a generator in case we lose power. The basement did flood about three years ago and it was a terrible mess.

My new neighbours' dog got loose this morning and showed up at my doorstep after they'd left for work and school. They seem to know where to go! She's a lovely and small Husky with one blue and one brown eye. I put her onto their closed porch. I didn't notice they had garbage there so there's a wee bit of a mess now. However, it beats the mess of scraping your dog off Highway 42! I've not met them yet but will go over once they're home and explain. Some intro! Nice dog and gets along with Hershey. She was also very obedient when I called her so I don't know what's with them.

As forecast, it's clouding over but no white crud is predicted. This HAS to be Spring!

to those I've missed. Have a nice evening - or morning, in Shad's case!

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 04-07-2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:40 PM   #96  

Height: 5'5"

Hello ladies! I have made it back! The wedding was much fun...and DH and I got to show off our salsa moves. LOL Rested yesterday at mom's and the boys/men went to play baseball at the park. Felt a little ill, had pressure in my ear...is feeling much better now. Will go shopping with the kiddies tonight, and off for a small dinner out. DH is at the White sox game with a friend, so won't be home!

Will hop on later to talk to everyone...sounds like you all had awsome weekends!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #97  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

It's early and it is cool. I'm sitting here with a jacket on - mind you I should be able to take it off in 10 minutes or so since the sun will be up by then. I am going to do some plastering before I go to the gym and then will do the shopping on the way back. Nothing like planning your journey is there? I am doing weights today so won't be as sweaty as the cardio trips.
Yeterday I chucked out some more of the old cabinetry and we are now down to the sink top, small amount of counter top and two cupboards plus the old stove. In the next couple of days we will be feeding off the barbeque and tv dinners since there will be nothing to prepare food on or with. The microwave lives on the dining table in the lounge and you can hardly move in there any more. Wonder if rationing will help the weight???
I found yesterday that I am not going to Indonesia until the 28th, that gives me another week of breathing space and I'm thinking I will need all of it.

Happy - Most of the people I will be working with will be Australian or NZ or South African. I know that none of us actually speak the Queens English, but we can normally understand each other. This is an entirely different type of project from normal. For a start, at the moment there is no mine - therefore no miners, admin staff or mining management. The people we are about to educate are the people who will be setting up the mine. I'm trying to sort out a few words of Indonesian so I can check things out at the markets and shops etc. That's if I ever get the time to go there.
What ever makes you think I have the slightest idea where to begin???? It's only because I have worked for this company so many times now, that I know they have a tried and tested format to their projects. Not always perfect but at least the framework is in place. Yes, your confidence grows from being familiar with the company and its culture. And for those bits I am not confident about, you swallow your doubts, check out the educational books and just close your eyes and go for it. Never let them know you are not 100% certain of your abilities, but don't lie either. That's my motto anyway. I will ask questions to get an idea of what they want to conduct analysis on, and the expected outcome and make it all up from there. Lets face it, you conduct a training needs analysis to determine who needs what. I just hope they don't want me to do the role mapping as well. That could be fun!
Thanks for the explanation on Gunpowder green tea. Now I know why it didn't blast me into the day.

Mel - I probably confused you when I said I have to go to Melbourne next week - that is south, but Bev, my friend is in Townsville up north and if I get there it will be a one day trip - up in the morning back in the evening. I checked out the frequent flyers bookings yesterday and there are several flights I can take as long as I don't want to travel between Friday and Monday. Which suits me just fine. I just have to work out whether she will still be in hospital or they have sent her home for the time being. Thanks for the loving thoughts.

Ruth - see we knew spring would come one day, and that you would be whinging about the amount of water or mud around the place. Make up your mind, do you want clean cold snow and ice or dirty muddy lakes of water?? Hope the knee is better today! Love Eggs B. but don't eat it too often as the salt in either the ham or the salmon has a detrimental effect on the body and besides which, there is enough calories there to feed the starving Biafran population for 3 days. The neighbours dog sounds nice. DS2 is making new dog noises from time to time, but I keep telling him that he can't have one until he starts working reasonable hours since I am not going to be home to look after it and dogs do not look after themselves.
You are drinking Earl Grey and I am drinking Lady Grey. Nice!!!

Annie - pack your bags, just get yourself over here and I'll take you out to breakfast on the riverbank. Bring your purse, shorts, walking shoes, bikini and towel. We will have us some fun.

And with that, it is time to go mix up the plaster, take off the jacket and get moving or I will still be here typing away after the shops have opened. I can hear some American bloke giving me the latest Hollywood b*llsh*t on the tv and know that it is getting later and later. Lets not waste the day.

Last edited by Shad; 04-07-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-07-2008, 05:25 PM   #98  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. Spent all weekend doing this and that and then the weekend was gone lol. Funny how that happens. Was real nice out so the house got a good airing. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

Di
If you don't eat any fat for the rest of the year lol you can have that battered stuff lol. I wasn't much of a fish person either until I tryed it lol. Easy to toss in a pan and fry and I seem to love the stuff these days.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:23 PM   #99  
Choose your hard

Shad, forgot to mention - good thoughts for your friend. Have a safe trip and a good visit with her. No matter what you say, I still see you brimming with confidence as you go about your lesson plans. All you need is a wooden pointer to swing Sounds like this will be an interesting stint.

Shy - you can cut lots of calories by baking the breaded fish instead of pan frying. Just can't get enough of the stuff myself tho I prefer it baked, broiled or grilled. Yum, yum, yum.

Annie - Actually I sat in front of the TV just to check the weather and 90 minutes later I woke up, wide awake and messed up my sleep though I did get up early enough to enjoy the day. WOW - a practically new 12 speed bike for 5 dollars! That is the bargain of the year woman!!!!!! Good for you, especially with the weather starting to break. Perfect time to get into riding. And I meant to tell you that I do enjoy your occasional glimpses into life after WLS. I appreciate your candor because darn it, sometimes we want to ask but we are just shy about it

Ruth - I once knew a person who had a husky with a blue and brown eye - really pretty dog. You're a good person to take the puppy back home.

whoo hoo - salsa dancing Ellen. What fun!

Well - the guys who came to install the door are still working here. And there's nothing but a big gaping hole in the wall. It's great that they are so meticulous but I'm getting kind of nervous that one of us is going to have to sit in a chair in the foyer and keep guard all night. At this pace they will be setting the door in oh, about Wednesday afternoon. Since I can't fire up the grill for dinner yet (would be rude to eat in front of them), guess I'll go clean the car out...
Old 04-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #100  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hi Ladies. I dropped off the face of the Earth for a bit again. My friend, who I have mentioned a few times here, finally lost her battle with cancer on Thursday night. It's sad but she put up an amazing fight and went out with dignity, in the company of good friends. Needless to say I feel a bit sidetracked on the whole diet and exercise thing... even though it's the one situation I actually have any control over. I'll be back once things calm down a bit.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:33 PM   #101  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

mad
I am sorry sorry to hear of your loss. Will keep you in my prayers.

happy
I don't add any calories at all to fry it. I use a spray oil that has no calories or fat or anything else. I never worry about calories anyway. I have a heck of a time getting in 1200 a day most days even thou I eat the required amounts of the four basic food groups a day. I just tend to naturally pick foods that are low in calories. I generally never bread fish. I like the taste of the fish and don't want that taste covered by breading.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #102  
Choose your hard

Madcat - I'm so sorry for your loss. You were a good, supportive friend to her.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:03 PM   #103  

Madcat, I'm so very sorry to hear your sad news. I think your friend was very fortunate to be surrounded by loving, supportive chicks like you.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:21 PM   #104  

I read a newspaper article today about a new book, "Kluge, the Haphazard Construction of the Human Mind". It claims that our brains are 'an ill-assorted collection of poorly matching parts, forming a distressing whole' - or a kluge (rhymes with stooge). Because of evolution, we have both an ancestral or instinctual way of thinking and a modern and reasoning side, and the two are in constant conflict, which tends to make us a little stupid. Why am I babbling on at you all about this here? Well!!! It's because it turns out it's not our fault at all that we can't resist fries and watch too much tv - it's all because our pesky ancestral brains insist on living in the moment and seeking fast-fix pleasure. So no more guilt, no more talk of failure: chalk it up to that pesky kluge brain, and hand me another !

Last edited by carla49; 04-08-2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old 04-08-2008, 12:22 AM   #105  

Height: 5'5"

Madcat~so sorry about your friend. Many hugs and prayers for you and her family.
Closed Thread