Old 02-24-2008, 01:56 AM   #76  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....not only is Marissa sick, but both Brandon and Logan have started with a cough now. So, since we have to go to court on Monday for Tommy's ticket from the accident, I am going to make a doctor's appointment for all three of them so that we can get them all on the road to happiness! And so that Brandon is 100% better and ready for the bus and school! He is going to have school pictures taken sometime in Spring.....(as long as they do the preschool classes)

Cristina~ Congratulations on getting to the 170's!!!!

SusieQ~ Thanks for posting that story! That was funny!

Sassy~ That sounds like me doing any kind of exercises! I know exactly which exercise you are talking about! Have you seen if your On Demand has the Carmen Electra ones? Ours does, and I have been wanting to try them out, but haven't yet. I will be getting to them though now that Brandon will be in school, and it will give me some time to do them!
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:24 PM   #77  
kitty Momo

Good Morning !

I didn't weigh this morning, didn't want to see the damage from last nights dinner.

Mindee- I don't know how you do it w/ 3 little ones. I hope they all feel better soon. Sweet about Brandon and his school days, I love grade school and everything it involves - except homework. lol

Cristina - Of course I would notice your ticker!! You have done awesome these last few months!! I just got a notice that Shopaholic & Sister is in at the library, so I will have that to read. McD gave me Kite Runner and I started it a little this morning, suppose to be good.

The *date* w/ McDreamy was good. We went for a hike at a place called Tyron park, woodsy paths and peaceful. After that we went to the store and he picked up groceries to make dinner. I felt so domesticated. He asked me where the cheese was in the store....silly man...I mean it is our neighborhood store, does he not know where the cheese is???? lol
He made pasta - and I don't know what it is called - the tunnel shape kind that you stuff w/ different cheeses?? Anyway - he made that w/ salad....he asked if I wanted cheesebread and I said no...I was trying to be good.His son had made a chocolate pudding pie w/ cool whip and oreo's.......I didn't have any of that either. I must have been staring at his plate though because he asked "do you want some Susan???"...and I weakly said "I want an oreo"..so he plucked one w/ his fork and gave it to me.....yum. lol

So, we had a nice evening - kissed and said "I will see you next week"...lol. I think we have it down pat. haha

I woke up and had a slim fast w/ banana again. anyway - my goal is 159 by next Friday!! Cross fingers.....

chat at you all later!! Hope you are having a great Sunday!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 03:45 PM   #78  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....getting ready to watch some Nascar soon! The kids are still coughing so, I will make sure that we get them into the doctor's office tomorrow. I am not sure if I mentioned this but, when we were in the IEP for Brandon, I was looking around the room, and the speech therapist gives them "homework" to do. I am not sure if Brandon will get homework or not, but I was really excited to see that since it really reassured me that he is going to be getting the help that he needs.

We had gone over to my sister Beth's house yesterday. (she is the sister that threw the hissy fit about my dad's birthday party) But every thing was cool. She told me that she had to laugh when she read the part in my email about not being nervous or anything about my oldest going to school. She told me that when her oldest daughter, Koryn, went to school, she didn't even get a kiss, hug or bye mom! Koryn was just ready to get on the bus and to go! So, that made me feel a little better!

SusieQ~ That is great about your date! Was it mostaccioli noodles that he used? Or rigatoni is another one like that. You will have to let me know how Kite Runner is. I am on another board that has a group for book nerds as they call us on that board, and every body has mentioned reading Kite Runner and said that it was good. You are doing amazingly well with your weight loss! Now, I need to get a swift kick in the butt to get on track!

I do have to say though, that even with TOM being here, she brought three pounds with her, but one has left........so I am happy about that!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:09 PM   #79  
RosieKate

Mindee and Susan- fwiw I thought The Kite Runner was excellent! You're gonna need some hankies at different points.

Cristina- wtg on your loss! I am just barely below 180 and it was hard work, so I have walked a mile, so to speak. You are doing great!

Hi to everyone I am not getting to at the moment, (sorry) I need to get some knitting done, then its Oscar Oscar! I need to fill out my ballot..

I worked out for two hours at the gym yesterday and I worked for two hours at the school for a garden work party - all moving dirt -I'm gonna be very sore!

Have a great evening everyone..I know this won't happen, but I'm putting down Juno for Best Picture! If it does get an upset victory, you can say you heard it here first people!
Old 02-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #80  

we have court in the morning, so we are going to take them hopefully tomorrow afternoon! I am going to mention to them when I call that we had taken Marissa into prompt care Friday night and that we were told to follow up with her pediatrician if she isn't getting better. She isn't getting worse, but she still has her cough and every thing. And now with Logan and Brandon getting whatever she has, I just want to make sure that it isn't something that could turn into some thing worse like pneumonia.

also, while we were watching the Oscars, Marissa was playing around on the floor. she was doing an army crawl, or as I told Tommy, we have an inch worm on our hands! she was so cute! she would lift her butt up and then use her arms to drag herself forward until she was flat on her belly, then lifted her butt just to do it all again.........and she was gaining speed with each attempt at moving! right before we put her to bed, she got on her hands and knees and moved a couple spots and then she laid on her belly to move a scarf that was in her way. so, it won't be that much longer before she is extremely mobile!!!

Katy~ you are doing great on your weight loss as well!!!
Old 02-25-2008, 04:31 AM   #81  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Good Monday (Blech) Morning!!!

Good Monday (Blech) Morning!!

Back to work for me tonight....... Yippee. DH told me some interesting news about one of the dayshift girls on my team, she is leaving, not only the co. but she is moving to NYC!! I say WTG for her!! Not sure why, if she got a job, if she is going to college, or what, but I wish her luck. Now I am worried though that our "tightwad" boss won't back fill her position and that means A LOT more work for us and we are already over-loaded as it is. Maybe I'll find out more tonight when I go in. So "Stay Tuned!!!" lol.

Well after I did so well exercising, it totally wiped me out and I didn't do much the last two nights. Didn't do any cardio or even the crazy ab lady. lol. To your question -- Mindee -- yes we have Carmen Electra. I was thinking of trying the Billy Blaine Taebo ones though, heard it is fun and is great exercise.

So nothing exciting going on here. DH brought an apt. guide home, so not sure if we will "settle" for another apt, or what. I told him though that if we do go that route, I want an UPDATED and energy efficient apt and if possible closer to work. I am not compromising either because I refuse to go to one crappy apt to another one. lol. The main concern is energy efficiency though. Our current Utility bill is over $200 for a 2 bedroom apt. Totally ridiculous if you ask me. Esp when my in-laws who have a 3 bedroom ranch HOUSE pay less than that or equilivant because all our utilities are lumped into one, water, electric, trash and sewage. That just is so ridiculous!!! And we have lived in a few apts before this one and so we know that this is not normal. We've had our apt checked out a number of times and they say its normal. The problem is that the town we live in has their own utilities and you have no choice in that matter. (Another reason to move)

Anywho, enough about our apt. woh's. lol. I think we are supposed to have a "heat wave" today and get up to 45 degrees!!! lol. I think I should break out the shorts!!! lol. I am so ready for spring. This drab weather just makes you feel drab. lol. At least it does me. lol.

Have you all ever heard of the "Evolution Diet?" I saw the last half of a show talking about it and the people on it did so well with lowering cholesterol and all, but they said the "side effects" of it can be um disruptive. Basically you need to make sure you are close to a restroom. I can see it now. Me at work talking on the phone and say, "oooo can u hold???" and running to the bathroom!!! Ok I shouldn't make fun of it but it just caught me as funny. I am sure its a very great diet and all, just definitely not for me. lol.

Also they had on there about eating raw garlic is supposed to help um how can I say this? Assist men w/ certain functions?? They said that the main cause is from Cholesterol build up? I have never heard of that before, esp for that "area"? Amazing what you learn. lol. Sorry don't mean to be crude or anything but I was kinda amazed on that little fact. lol. But for this to work the men have to eat 4 cloves of raw garlic a day??? Wow that is a lot of garlic!!! lol.

Anyways, enough on the Sassy Health Hr. lol. What can I say nothing else was on and I was looking at the apt. guide while it was on. lol.

Question has your taste in movies or music drastically changed as you got older? I am finding that mine is. At least movies. I used to be a huge Horror Flick buff and now I like the Romantic Comedies a lot better. DH bought me Saw IV and I really have no interest in seeing it and the last 3 I really wanted to see. Very strange. and with music I cannot hardly tolerate certain rap music anymore, nothing against it, just I cannot tolerate it anymore where as before it didn't really bother me, now if it comes on I have to change the station. I just think I'm getting old. lol. No other real explanation that I can think of. lol.

Well I guess that is enough of a "Sassy Novel" for now. lol.

Take Care!!!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #82  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Mindee- Cute about Marissa being an *inch worm* - how sweet. Hope all the kids are feeling better and all goes well in court!

Sassy - I am glad you are finally thawing out!! It has been sounding so cold where you live! I have never heard of Evalution Diet .

Katy - At least the writer for Juno won an Oscar! Bravo on the 2 hours of gym time

My contacts are kind of bothering me so just a quickie - hope you all are having a good Monday.
Annoyed w/ Gaby's father but nothing new there. Busy w/ Rach and job search stuff. Taking Gab to see The Bee Movie tonight, it is through the PTA. You purchase 10 tickets for $9 and get to see 10 movie over the next 10 weeks....parents don't have to pay! Thought it was a good deal and it is at a theatre. Tonight is Bee and there is also Enchanted coming up and I wanted to see that w/ Gab. Of course she is scared of the dark but I hope seeing other kids from her school she will want to go in....argh.

k- chat later
Old 02-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #83  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello beautiful ladies!

SUSAN...okay, now, don't be a spoiler! I don't want to hear anything about the book. I started First Impressions by Jude Deveraux but Kite Runner and Water For Elephants are my next two reads. Hey, I think the tickets for the movies are a great deal! Where the heck can you see that many movies for that price?

MINDEE...hope the kids are better today. Man, that crap is going around and we have all had it. Hopefully, you were able to get them in to see the doc. How did that and court go?

SASSY...I don't know $200 a month doesn't sound so bad to me. Of course I don't know how big your place is but our gas bill is almost that alone! But it's been really cold this year so...all our utilities are seperate so but too in the summer if it's hot the electric will be almost that so I guess it is the same all year, lol. As far as the taste in movies...mine hasn't changed at all. I have been wanting to see Saw4 since Josh was home at Christmas time, lol.

KATY...thank you! And WTG on the workouts! I missed the Oscars Haven't even read the paper to see who got what yet either.

HIYA JULES...hoping all is well with you and the family, especially that baby. He is adorable and I love the avatar!

HIYA SUE & FRANCIE!hoping all is well with you ladies too!

Nothing much going on with me today. Exercise, exercise & exercise! I keep saying I am only going to do a certain amount and I can't do it. Geez, it's in my blood! Guess there could be worse things, lol. I have to say though, that I am glad and I never thought I would actually learn to love exercise. Anywho...just getting some laundry done and that's about it.

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful day! Love ya's
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:02 PM   #84  
kitty Momo

Cristina - You sound chipper! I have to be in the mood for exercise, I think the sun has to be out or something. lol

I didn't see the $200 of utilities! I think that is a lot. I pay around $170 right now (about a 1000 sq ft) for these cold months, in the summer I was at $50/60. I don't have a washer/dryer either. I am told it is because of the baseboard heaters.

Full on tenderloin and broccoli.

Yes, let hope Gaby will sit for the movie. I might sneak in an apple or a bag of nibbler pretzels, those are so good.

Gab is kind of stuttering again. She did this last year when I lived at my mothers. It is stress related, I think. Maybe going back to the 2nd school? Trying to figure it out.

k- just jabbering. Chat tomorrow!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-25-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:56 PM   #85  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink Hi Chicks.

Hi Girls.

Susan & Cristina -- Yeah I beleive it only got up to a whopping 30-something though today so what a heatwave!! lol. I think $200 is a lot considering our apt is only 800 sq. feet, if even that? When we had a townhouse our utilities was never over $100 and that was with two floors!!! I dunno, just seems high to me, if we had a house or even a townhouse, then maybe, but our tiny apt? doesn't seem right. lol. But maybe its just another "excuse" to get out of there. Although DH is still dragging his feet. I think we'll be living there until we move into an old folks home at this rate!!!

to all.
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:56 AM   #86  

court went great. Tommy had to pay $150 and the judge is going to check his record in 60 days and as long as he doesn't get any tickets or accidents, then he will get no points from the ticket or anything like that. we took the kids to the pediatrician's office Monday afternoon. Brandon has an ear infection in his right ear, bronchiolitis, and croup. Logan has a double ear infection, bronchiolitis, and croup. Marissa, our little cootie princess that started it all, has a double ear infection, bronchiolitis, and croup. So, they are all on antibiotics for the ear infections.......and they are on a steroid for the bronchiolitis, and also breathing treatments. We were told to give Marissa a breathing treatment for 3 minutes instead of 5, to help her break up the gunk in her chest. so, they are all on breathing treatments every four hours.

also, I got a call from the transportation department Monday afternoon. Brandon is to be ready between 8:10 and 8:15am on Thursday to go to school! (as long as he is feeling better.....other wise I will be calling in for him)

I called the pediatrician's office to see about getting them in Monday afternoon, and the receptionist says "are they sick?" I said "yes they are" to which she let out a sigh and said "hold on." She then came back on the phone and said "how about 3:30?" I said "for all three of them? that would be fine." I hung up the phone and told Tommy and my MIL, who had watched the kids while we went to court, and Tommy said "what kind of comment is that?" I said "apparently, we take the kids to the doctor's office only when they are healthy."

Sassy~ I have noticed that since having the three munchkins, I have changed my taste in music. I used to listen to all types of music before, including rap. But now I don't see a point in it since most of the songs now have every swear word in them. IF I feel the need to listen to something old school, I will wait until they go to bed and then listen to it. I have never been too into horror movies, and I still am not a big horror fan. I love any kind of movie, BUT horror.

SusieQ~ My "inch worm" is becoming a big girl! she became more adventurous with her crawling and was moving more on her hands and knees on Monday. So, it won't be too much longer before she is full fledge crawling!

Cristina~ I love your new avatar! every thing went well with court, and the kids are on the path to being healthy again. Hopefully I can get Brandon 100% healthy in time to go to school on Thursday!
Old 02-26-2008, 12:45 PM   #87  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick "fly by" posting. I just wanted to say I did great yesterday, calories were good and I exercised. Just a little exercise to get started on my BBF's equipment, but it was something. AND...ta da...no between meal junk. I had fruit all ready for a snack last night in case I got hungry, but didn't need it. Now just to do this for about another 6 months. Hahaha... SO far today I had an OP breakfast...so we will see how the day goes. One day down and one day at a time.

Actually wrote this earlier and posted it elsewhere, then before I could do it here my computer took a nose dive. Still don't know what happened, but I got it to come back up.

Took Mom's dog to the groomer and will go get her shortly. Snow is coming down, but not sticking now. Kind of wet since it is above freezing out there. They had the cutest puppy for sale...I would have had her in a minute if DH would not have shot me. Part maltese and part imperial ****zu. What a beauty.

Have a good day gals and I will BBL.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 02:29 PM   #88  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...exercise always does that to me, well, most of the time, lol. I had just exercised and was feeling pretty good...love the natural high, lol. Sorry the Gabster is stuttering...I bet it is from stress. When DH#1 passed I did notice that I had started stuttering until someone pointed it out to me.

MINDEE...I thought the avatar was so pretty...somewhere I would love to live for sure. Sorry the kids are sick, yikes! Hope they get better soon. Guess Tommy's ticket could have been worse, still $150 is a lot.

SASSY...I guess that does seem kind of high for 800 sq. ft. is it all electric? That makes a difference somtimes. I know utilities are getting higher and higher each year...it's ridiculous! What kills me is stupid charges like charging for the gas to go thru the lines to your house...WTF? Now don't get me started on the phone bill,

SUE...sounds like you are doing great with the food and exercise...WTG! Aww, the doggy sounded so cute! I have been wanting another dog for so long but every time I think about it I feel bad that Ernie dog won't like a playmate. One day.

HIYA FRANCIE, JULES & KATY!

Not a lot going on today...same old stuff, different day! Got part of my exercise done. Let me tell ya...the turbo jam is a killer, yikes! This is only my 3rd time doing it and I think once I get the learn and burn moves down I will be fine but ouch! I did it once when I got it and then my back went out, but not from it, I don't think. So just getting back into it starting last week. Only doing it two or three times a week...on the days I do weights, the jump rope and ride the bike, which is today and Thursday.

Going to cook a roast for dinner tonight. I've been cooking them in the crock pot, sort of like stew. Doing the oven thing tonight with mashed potatoes and baby carrots...just sounds good to me today, lol! Anyway...

Have a wonderful day chickies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 05:26 PM   #89  
kitty Momo

Afternoon -

Just wanted to do a fast hello!

Cristina - ya, forgot about the natural high that comes w/ exercise! We are going to have to send you to rehab pretty soon, lol.

haha

How did I ever get to be so funny I do not know.

Had chicken tenderloin and broccoli again for lunch, it was so good. Drinking tons of water and hope that flushes me out and all,,,,,,,something like that.

Spending my computer time emailing McD today so am short of time!! Catch up tomorrow.

Hello to everyone!
Old 02-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #90  

nothing new on this end.....the kids are feeling better. Brandon and Logan are back to their normal selves! They were wrestling and every thing like they always do! They were even back to themselves enough to give Marissa a bath with orange juice! They are not coughing as much any more, they don't sound as congested as they were. So, if all goes well and Brandon is feeling 100% better on Thursday, he will be getting on that bus and going to school! I told him that he was going to be starting school and riding the bus in a couple of days and he was ready to get his back pack packed! He had pulled out some pull ups and was ready to put them in his back pack!