Old 02-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #91  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

I am glad the kids are feeling better Mindee, I always feel helpless when Gaby isn't feeling good. I also found out I can't get her the states medical for 6 months because she had Kaiser through me when I worked and I am getting $300 too much a month now to get coverage...at 6 months the amount goes up almost $500 and I guess I can get it at that time - course we hope I have a job by that time. *sigh.....

Cristina - yum, your roast dinner sounds good! You always pick out great avatars.

Sue
- Sounds like you are doing really good!

Hi to Jules, Sassy, Francie, Katy, and Michelle

I finished The Kite Runner last night, read til 2am. It was so good and kind of draining to take it all in. It left me sad. Now I have 2 shopaholic books to read because I took Katy's advice and put books on hold at the library - now everything is coming in at once - lol

Edged back up to 162 but think I will leave the ticker alone. I will change it Friday. Maybe I am just bloated?? Oh joy.

k- chat at you all later!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #92  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Glad to know Susan, that Kite Runner is good! I've done that as well, stayed up late to finish a book. Just get so in to them I HAVE to see how it ends! I was just at the store and thought of you and Francie...saw a couple of the Shopaholic books...one day I may get to reading some. Have so many I am trying to get read right now though. I hadn't read like I normally do/did last year but kept buying books, lol. So have quite the stack to get thru.

Mindee...glad the kids are on the mend. I always hated when the kids were sick too, just seeing them feel so bad was horrible.

Hello to everyone else

Nothing going on today. Had a couple of errands to run this morning, did most of my exercise...just have 30 minutes to do after Jeopardy this afternoon, picked up dog poo, lol and now I need to get some laundry done. It is a gorgeous day out...hate staying inside but it's still not so warm that I want to go walk the neighborhood. Can't wait for spring!

Have a great day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #93  
kitty Momo

Cristina -

What is the weather there? It looks like mid 50"s here today, it is finally feeling like Spring!! It is also nice not have to have the heaters on at night.

KRunner was good, just a lot to take in, I think I am going to need a Shopaholic book to balance me out now - they are fun to read and I will probably stay up again to read tonight! I like to just get the book read especially if it is really good and night time is peaceful with everyone sleeping. blah - blah

Suppose to be *job searching* can ya tell?? lol

k- back to the grind - just wanted to say hi to you!!
Old 02-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #94  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just dealing with two boys that are driving me batty!! can you tell that they are feeling better? now Tommy seems to have come down with what they have.....so as I type this, he is sleeping on the couch, my little cootie cutie was sleeping until Brandon woke her up, but she is good for going back to sleep. So, I have the Bashem brothers driving me batty right now! good thing for no naps.....it means they go to bed early! so, as far as things are going now, Brandon will be getting on the bus in the morning. I will make sure that he has his medicines and his breathing treatment before he gets on the bus! (so, if I don't make it back on here tonight....which I probably won't because I am going to be going to bed early so that we can get started on this new schedule. long story short.....if I don't make it back on tonight, I will be on tomorrow)
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM   #95  
ugggg.....

Hi all--I will start indys next time!!

Ry is still moving to Portland not sure if it's April or August yet...both Adam and his girlfriend want him to come. She is going out for school and her Dad is going to set them up in an off campus apartment and then the boys will work and cover expenses. Her Dad is happy the boys will be there for two reasons--to help with the bills and to keep his baby girl safe. Now the two in Eugene want him to come live with them again...they are nuts!! I am much happier with him going with Adam.

Teri and Nick are doing well. They are coming over on the weekends and staying. Me and Grandpa are loving it. Dave is still in jail due to the violation of probation and is facing up to a year. His friends have made major slips and Teri is finding out all kinds of lies. He has come clean and suppossedly told her everything at this point and wants her to wait for him and has promised all kinds of things. Am I being mean in wanting her to move on. It's easy to change when you are in a controlled enviroment--I just don't see it sticking when he gets back into the "real world".

Hubby has been alternating between driving me insane and making me remember why I do love him. The baby is mellowing him.

I can't wait for spring!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #96  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Mindee - I guess the good thing is the tikes are feeling better. You can kind of gage that on how batty they drive you ......lol Hopefully w/ Spring around the corner they will be getting outside more and taking care of some of that energy!!

Jules - Exciting about Ry moveing to Portland! I am sure he will love it, especially since he is coming when the weather is decent. I don't think it is mean for wanting Teri to move on, promises made behind bars doesn't seem to have much weight. She deserves to be happy, if she is meant to be w/ him time will tell.

I feel like Dr Phil.

Crossing fingers I maintain at 161 tomorrow if not 160, we'll see. I knew it was kind of freaky how fast it was going down after being at 171 for months. I will be happy where I am at and keep plugging along. I soooo want 159 though.....I will be thrilled to be that weight again.

Had oatmeal and a banana w/ Gaby for breakfast. I am trying to get in at least 80 oz's of water a day, I only made 60 yesterday.

k- I guess that is it!! Chat at you all later
Old 02-28-2008, 01:36 PM   #97  
One day at a time

Hiya girlies

SUSAN...the weather yesterday was nice. Today it is supposed to be a little warmer, 55 I think, but right now it is a little chilly still. Ah, I am sure you will have maintained or lost that pound to 160! You are so close to being in the 150's, woohoo!

JULES...good seeing you posting lady! And nice to hear the updates on the family. Glad you get the weekends with Teri and the baby, bet he is growing like a weed! Hope Ry likes Oregon.

MINDEE...glad the kids are feeling lots better! Let us know how Brandons first bus ride, and first day of school went.

Hello KATY, SUE, SASSY & FRANCIE! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

I am dragging for some reason...may be I stayed up until a little after one trying to finish that book and then was up at 7, ugh. For some reason though I have done fine before on that much sleep but I am sooo sleepy right now. I did get in my turbo jam this morning before heading to wally world to get groceries. Getting ready to get off my arse and do the weights & such...that will wake me up.

I started another book last night...Naughty Neighbor by Janet Evanovich...I need something not so serious sometimes. And while the book I finished last night wasn't, it just didn't hit the spot. Thinking I need a murder mystery before starting Kite Runner or Water for Elephants. We'll see. Anywho...need to get a load of laundry started as well so...didn't get it done yesterday because when I got off the computer and went upstairs for Jeopardy the electricity had gone out, ugh! Was out for almost 3 hours and once I heard sirens right after it happened I figured it was a wreck. About a mile around the corner, on the main street somehow a car plowed into the electrical line and box.

Have a great day!
Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #98  
kitty Momo

Cristina - I was surprised to see it was 60 here yesterday, I am w/ Jules. I so can not wait til Spring time!
Is Water for Elephants a good book? I think I will put a hold on it at the library. I have 3 Shopaholic (meaning by the same author, I don't think they are all shop books.) that I have now, reading Shop & Sister and feeling guilty that it has no more meaning but a fun thing to read. lol
I managed to stay up til mid night reading, almost made it thru 1/2 way!

anyway - hope you catch up on your rest !! Hugs to you.
Old 02-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #99  
RosieKate

Hola!

OK - big surprise here, but I've also read Water for Elephants and I liked it, too. Not nearly as intense as Kite Runner, but not light-hearted either. Very good. I haven't read the shopaholic books, but may put them on hold as I need some lighter fare. I am slogging through a Short History of Nearly Everything. It's pretty good, but I in no way have time to finish before book group next week. Yikes!

Good news - I went to pilates today and my back is feeling so much better. My tummy muscles feel firmer also - yay! I am still at 178, where I've pretty much been since Christmas...TOM is happening, so maybe after that blows through I'll be able to lose few.

Jules - sorry to hear about Dave and his troubles. Teri is fortunate to have such a good support system while she figures all this out and adjusts to motherhood. I love seeing pictures of Nick - he is cute!

Susan- gl on the job hunt, and wtg on the weight loss! Isn't this weather great?

Mindee - glad the kids are feeling better - how did school go today?

Cristina - glad your power's back on...what a bummer.

Sassy - we have a 1500 sq ft house and utilities run about 200 for gas and electric. Parts of the house are as well insulated, so if we can get that done at some point, our consumption will go down. Our electricity rates have gone up and are going to increase yet again...it's such a racket. I'm glad we have natural gas heat, or our bills would really be through the roof.

Sue -wtg on staying OP! I've been keeping my calories under control but I have to admit I have indulged in the thin mints over the last two days. Well, it's that time of the month what can I say.....

I am going to finish up my test knit project this afternoon. Then it's early dinner and off to swimming. I'll be there tonight, Susan, so maybe I'll see you there....
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 AM   #100  

well, we managed to make it through the first day of school without any problems! I took him out to the bus and got him on it, and he didn't even cry! he just smiled and stuck his thumb in his mouth! I stepped off the bus and walked towards the apartment. I turned around to wave at him as the bus took off, and he was too busy staring out the other side of the bus!

He got out of school at 11:36 and a little bit before noon, the phone rang and it was his teacher. She called to let us know that he did great! he was nothing but smiles when he got off the bus until the time he got on the bus. She said that he was very good and did amazingly well! He got off the bus at 12:10 or so, and he was nothing but smiles! Tommy took some pictures of me getting him on the bus and getting him off the bus. He had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back!

this is working out great! he was already more talkative when he got home from school. he even had some projects in his back pack that they did! and he was so excited that he got to put them on the fridge! he even got to pick out dinner for his first day of school. He picked out smoked sausage, pork and beans, and angel hair pasta. (he loves his pork and beans....so Tommy had to make two cans!) I even made him some cookies for his first day of school.

Poor thing came home from school, had a little bit of a stomboli that I had made for us for lunch and fell asleep. He woke himself up when he went into a coughing spell on the couch. but he was so exhausted that he fell asleep at 8:15.....so we are off to do it again on Friday. we will be working more with him on his schedule and getting us all into it! Tuesday will be a little bit crazy because at some point we will have to go grocery shopping.

(I put the pictures up on my myspace) I will try and get a chance to post them on here somewhere. I did some major cleaning while Brandon was in school on Thursday. I got plenty of clothes for the boys, Marissa and some other sizes to give to my mom. I hadn't had a chance to go through them yet, and figured then was as good a time as ever. I will finish going through them when he is in school on Friday. Logan is bored now that Brandon is in school.....he will play with Marissa, but then when she lays down to take a nap he is up my butt......or by daddy.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:14 AM   #101  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola Girls.

Well this week has gone FAST for me anyways. Of course my week is only 3 nights, but that is 3 long nights. lol. I was soooooooo sleepy yesterday morning I think I fell straight asleep as soon my head hit the pillow!!! Then DH & I didn't get up until 7:30!!! Ah well it is our night off.........

Well I wish you all well in whatever you are doing today and this weekend. I want to get serious about some cleaning chicks. My DH's "Office" has turned into a "Storage" and it is awful!! I HATE having a room that we cannot use!!! But I am tired of looking at that mess in DH's office so I want to tackle it or at least begin to tackle it!!! lol. Wish me luck and if you don't hear from me in a few days, send someone, would ya???

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 12:24 PM   #102  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Dragging again today! So stinking sleepy for some reason. Maybe I have finally hit the breaking point with the exercise and my body says "NO MORE, PLEASE!"...naw, lol! Although I will be taking it easy today, unless I wake up.

SUSAN...I've not read Water For Elephants yet...it's next I think, that or Kite Runner, of the two...but those two are definitely my next two on the list to read. But our Ms Katy and others have said it is. And yes, good luck with the job hunting! Keeping my fingers crossed that you find the perfect job!

KATY...I've heard of that book, A Short History of Nearly Everything...not sure what it is about now though, lol. WTG on the tummy muscles feeling firmer! I hate mine and can only hope it firms up. Hey, 178 is good and at least you are not gaining...that is always good.

MINDEE...I saw the picture on myspace, so cute! Sounds like he was really excited about school. Glad you got some things doena round the house.

SASSY...hey, once you get that done come on over here...I have a room you can work on! I have so much to do in the family room, what a mess! And I guess I need to pack up Josh's stuff for him. Not sure what he will take when he leaves but it's all going somewhere! Don't over do it missy, and take breaks!

HIYA JULES & SUE & FRANCIE!

Okay, so another boring day for me. Not sure what I will be doing today other than some exercise. House is clean and laundry is done so...

Have a good one ladies! Ciao
Old 02-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #103  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

TGIF and all that jazz!! We survived, yay!

Mindee- Over to myspace as soon as I finish here to see little Brandon! Sounds like he did super on his 1st day of school and mommy too! I am glad.

Cristina - Katy will have to tell us what A short History is about. I looked it up yesterday and it just said *science* so I passed. lol I did put Water for Elephants on hold and I am still waiting for My Sisters Keeper. I have a really hard time w/ sleeping, I look horrid, tired and worn out.....you think I would be rested being off work since July. ha.

Sassy - wow, great on the cleaning!! I just move my piles from one place to another and call it good. lol Seriously.....I need to get motivated too and do some spring cleaning.

Katy - It was nice seeing you last night!! Very sweet for you to search me out and come and chat for a bit. I bring a book to avoid talking w/ Mike. Last week he kept asking me what the book was about and how I could read in the pool area. I wanted to hiss "if you would be quite I could read!!" haha. Anyway - Gab is going to do another Seal session , which is fine. I like the teacher she has now , wondering how much she learned w./ the 2 sessions she had w/ her last teacher. *itch *itch....lol

oh, ya....TOM is over! I am just in a bad mood. Annoyed w/ Miss Becky. I had to run down 2 miles and get her this morning for school because her father had a medical appt.
Gab and I go in and Gab wants to watch Rugrats. Of course Beck has to leave for school and is snippy...."you should have gotten here earlier and she could have watched tv".. Whatever little brat it is 7:45 in the morning! Gab was all ready for school and we rushed since we woke up at 7:00.
I thought I was doing pretty good. Of course I can't get a word in edgewise and she is saying horrible things .....like ..."are you off your meds again??" ,,,,omg- wtf. I wanted to slap her ... She doesn't back down or anything. She treats her father the same way like "you need to go to an old folks home now"....anyway - that set me in a bad mood.

Gab and I went to Starbucks and I centered myself. I had a coffee and bagel and she had a cream cheese container, that is all she wanted, she eats it off a spoon. What a good mommy I am , huh?? lol

Ok, weight wise,,,,,,,since this is a weight site *eyes roll*....I weighed and was 161!! I wish it was 160 or 159 .....but since it had gone back up to 162 I won't whine too much. I don't know what else I can do to lose besides *gasp* exercise . I know I have to do that ..........I just want it warmer outside.....I don't want to be cold. lol

k- off I go............hi to everyone!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-29-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #104  
RosieKate

Susan - A Short History of Nearly Everything is about just what the title says it is ....only its not short! haha...well, for the amount of content, I guess it is. Right now I'm reading about the person who invented lead and just how much of it got into our atmosphere (and our bodies) via leaded gasoline and paint before the gubmint wised up and ixnayed it. Lead levels in people's blood streams went down 80% after leaded gasoline was banned...very interesting stuff. It's just a looooong book, and just not what I'm in the mood for now...I want a Sophie Kinsella book! Our next book group book is The Language of Baklava by Diana Abu-Jaber and it looks really good....I'll let you know how that one goes.

Cristina - thx about the abs...I went to a cardio class today and I could definitely tell a difference...my back was not hurting nearly as much and the ab workout was much easier. I am definitely going to be keeping pilates in the mix for awhile.

Sassy - We'll call out the troops for you if we don't hear from you for a couple of days, lol! You will feel so good once that room is cleaned up...that's how I feel I after I take on big project like that. We are not big spenders, so I don't know how we manage to let so much junk accumulate, but it does.

Mindee - Yay Brandon! What a big boy...I'm heading over to myspace to check out the pictures next.

Hi to everyone else! Today is another busy one...We are off to basketball class soon, then to the school to play on the playground until chess club is over. Then DS has fencing tonight. Tomorrow is an all-day chess tournament, so I will post later this weekend. Have a good one, Ladies
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM   #105  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....I managed to get through all the boxes of stuff that had been sitting on the porch. I have the things that we are keeping all put away. I have a lot of stuff for my mom, for either her friend's little boy or my sister Robyn's goddaughter due in July. Which is awesome! I even have a car seat and a smaller bag of stuff to go to a friend on Sunday. We are going to go visit my mom tomorrow to take her the stuff. Tommy got a call today from the temp agency and they have a job for him starting Monday. The hours are 4am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, and Saturday if needed. So, that will help out!

The kids are doing a lot better. They are finishing their prelone today, the steroid for their lungs. Marissa will finish her amoxicilan on Sunday and the boys will finish theirs on Wednesday. Other then that they are doing well. Logan was a pita today......even after Brandon got home from school! He didn't take a nap at all.....which is a major issue when he acts up!