Old 02-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Mindee- 3x because I have a WW scale, digital thingie. I do it til the same number comes up twice. The first time and the second time are never the same, the second and third time are and if I get on there 5 times in a row with the same number I now I am good to go. Don't worry, I know I am anal. lol I don't even know if that makes sense, it does to me. haha

Hit 164 this morning! Didn't even see 165 at all, pleased with that. I figure I have lost 7 pounds in 8 weeks, I was 171 when I went on my first date with McD. ........who sent some beautiful sunflowers (my favorite) flowers and a sweet card, no chocolate, thank goodness.....(ok, I am lying,,,,I will have to buy my own chocolate, I did tell him no chocolate, can't believe he listened to me - grrrrr)

I celebrated by eating a toasted onion bagel w/ turkey and mustard. I haven't had a bagel in a month, just craving it this morning, so I grabbed one with my coffee.

Sue - to you, nice to see you posting!

Cristina - DIL is daughter in law? Is that Char w/ her kids? Confused. *sigh. Awesome on the exercise!

I spent most of my day looking for cupcakes yesterday. I went to Zupans, Market of Choice, New Seasons, Albertsons and Safeway. I ended up w/ Albertsons , my choice anyway - just wanted to see what was out there. Zupans had some deco cakes 9 for $27.00..... NSeasons had 4 for 5.99. I bought 20 for 11.99 at Albertsons, even though I needed only 13. It was the best buy though and Gab was happy.

I think I will do her cake /ice cream on Sunday night. I was going to do it tonight but she will already have had the cupcake and tomorrow I only have her 1/2 the day. I also was going to take her to the zoo on Monday as one of her presents, she loves the zoo and hopefuly it will be 60ish outside.

anyway - better get busy for the day!! chat later......
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Back Again!!

I went to the store and picked up some yummy gala apples and some more slim fast - basically feeling up on fruit & veggies today after the bagel/turkey this morning.

Going to pick up my Gaby and spend the evening w/ her. I think now I will do a cake for her on Monday, since no school and a trip to the zoo. Tomorrow we are shopping for clothes in the morning and a lunch w/ her father and he takes her from there until Sunday.
Only other plans is a walk (yes,I said walk *gasp*) cleaning, and some McDreamy time Saturday night. I really would like to get back to church now that my skirts fit again - maybe I can do that Sunday morning. ]

ok, that is my update, what about yours?? Any special plans for the 3 day weekend???
Old 02-16-2008, 12:12 AM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...yes, DIL is daughter-in-law-to-be, Char and the kids. She ended up trying some dresses on and found one...really pretty. Makes me glad that I am already married though...wouldn't want to be going thru planning a wedding at all. She is not a bridezilla but apparently her mother is the mother from ****! She criticizes every thing she does. Of course I think it is worse because her husband, Char's step-father just asked for a divorce-so not a good time for her. Yummy cupcakes! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our little Miss Gaby! And...yay to getting to 164! I was reading your post and thought, OMG! I am not the only one, lol. I too get on the scales 3x, sometimes four

SUE...glad to hear your mom is doing well. And that you guys had a nice time on the riverboat.

MINDEE...that was sweet of Tommy. V did something similar with the roses but got three, one for our past, present and future...ummm, I think he saw the jewelry ads, lol! Glad you had a nice V-Day. Oh, the avatar is an elephant jumping on the trampoline, doesn't mean anything, I just thought it was cute. But I am changing it...almost the same thing, just say ssomething.

Hiya JULES, KATY, FRANCIE & MS SASSY!

I am pretty much pooped! Was up early this morning and yesterday morning. Trying to get on a new schedule, or rather my old one where I was up at the crack of dawn...my body doesn't want to cooperate, lol. Nothing special going on tomorrow...supposed to get some more nasty weather starting tonight, ice, rain and snow thru the weekend....so very tired of this crappy stuff. Makes me not want to do anything. So...I will be staying in where it's warm, sleeping in for sure, exercising and getting lots of reading done.

Have a great weekend ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

We went out Friday night with the intent on buying a new bedding set since Brandon “painted” our old set with Desitin that morning! I tried to clean it up the best I could…..but no matter how good of a job I did, it still smelt like the stuff! Tommy then wanted to check out K-Mart to see if they had any back packs. So, he took Brandon into the store with him, while I sat in the van with Logan and Marissa.

They were taking a while so I thought that they were looking really hard to find some. Next thing I look at the front door, and here they come walking out the door. I didn’t see a bag, so I thought that we were going to have to check out the Meijers to see if they had any. Then I noticed that Brandon had something on his back!

You guessed it! They found one and he loved it so much that he had to wear it out of the store! Tommy gets to the van and says “you won’t believe how much I paid for that back pack! But first you have to look at the price tag.” So I do, and it says that it is $19.99. He then says “how much do you think I paid for it?” I said “I don’t know…..$5.” He shakes his head and gives me the thumbs down motion and says “try lower.” I said “I don’t know…..$2.” He starts laughing and says “I paid $2.11 for that back pack!” What took so long was the cashier having to ring it up three times to make sure that it was ringing up right…..AND then calling for a price check to make sure that it was right!

He loves it, and of course when we got back to the house, Logan and Brandon started fighting over it! So, Tommy took the tags off of it and put it in the top of their closet until he needs it for school. It is really cute! It comes with a sandwich container and an ice pack! So, this really solidifies it……my big boy is going to school!

Tommy called his mom to tell her and she thought that he paid $4. I called my mom to tell her and she thought that since I said that Brandon had it on his back, that he got it for free. (not really…..but close!) She thought that because I told her that he had it on his back, that he just walked out of the store without paying for it. I had to laugh…..but my mom said that she wanted Tommy to do all of her bargain shopping from now on!

Sue~ That sounds like a nice little get-away for you guys! I will send some prayers up that your mom’s meds continue to agree with her….and also for your mole.

Cristina~ How did the dress shopping go with your DIL to be? Now that you point it out, I can tell it is an elephant. I think V saw the jewelry ads too! Tommy told me that if we get that check in May or whenever to jump start the economy, then I can pick out a new band. I have told him that I want to get an anniversary band. (the rings with the diamonds all around them) When we got married, we got my engagement ring from J.B. Robinson, but my wrap came from Meijers. (I already had my diamond…..I was happy! Don’t get me wrong, I still am happy with it…..I am just tired of having to get the wrap taken care of every year because the stones keep wanting to fall out or get caught on everything)

Susie Q~ Yup that does makes sense to me! I usually do it twice to make sure that the same number shows up. That is great on your weight loss so far! That was very nice of McD to send you flowers and a card! Don’t you hate it when they actually listen to you? I had a feeling that Tommy was going to get me flowers….I just didn’t know what kind.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #35  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

Taking a break from the reading! Only to come here and read, lol! Makes perfect sense eh? Anywho...nothing really going on. Very boring, blah Saturday for sure.

Mindee...I like those diamond anniversary bands that go all around, they are so pretty. WTG on finding the backpack so cheap! That is definitely a good deal for sure!

Guess I'll get back to my reading...have a load of laundry to do also. V is working today, as he does just about every Sat & Sun so...hope everyone is enjoying your weekend!
Old 02-16-2008, 05:14 PM   #36  

hello ladies...how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....dealing with a couple of monster boys. we are planning on going to one of my sister's houses for a little "party" for her husband who is going back to a local plant to work at.....so he wants to have a little get together to celebrate it.

Cristina~ I have seen them ever since they came out and I have been keeping an eye on them!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:29 PM   #37  
RosieKate

Mindee- I like those bands, too. I have two wedding bands, and an anniversary band would look great between the two. I tell DH - well, maybe for the 20th. I don't wear stones, and I think I would worry about them too much if I started.

Cristina
- TY for the description of Good Reads - I probably would like it, given how much I like to read.

Susan- Happy Birthday to Gaby!! Hope she is having the best birthday ever....Have fun with McD tonight

Hi Sue, Jules, Francie...VD was great around here. DH gave me a sock knitting book I wanted. I had already knit him some socks and gave them to him early, since they were done early. I think he's wanting me to knit him some some more, lol! I'm not big on lots of fuss and treats on VD, so we had MIL over for some Baker & Spice cupcakes and we called it good. The kids had fun with their school parties.

Nothing much going on here today. I am very tired for some reason. I did go to the gym and did yoga and aerobics back to back. It helped my back feel better, but I am still tired. So I am taking it easy and figure I'll catch up on house stuff on Monday. I finished knitting a sweater for James while burning through all the podcasts on my ipod...my big accomplishment for the day. Tomorrow the kids are going over to a friend's house and DH and I have a date! Yippee! We are going to see Juno and then go to Newport Seafood Grill.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:02 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Just a quickie!! Hi to Katy, Mindee and Cristina!
And all the MIA's Sassy, Sue, Jules, Michelle, and Francie!!
I need to get ready for my date (yay , Katy on yours date night to ) Gab is w/ her father, we had lunch together, I had a pesto chicken melt, it was yummy. I really need to watch it though for the rest of the weekend. I am just tired, I painted my nails black and put a white/ yellow stripe hoodie on for the day. I think I will drink a glass of wine and be ok with wearing that tonight. lol
Getting so lazy in my limited dating days already...haha
k- pasting what I wrote for Gabsters teacher to read in class yesterday, thought I would be selfish and share, she is my sweetie.

The ABC’s Of Gabrielle

G is for Gracious – Gaby has a spirit of generosity. She shows kindness by sharing her toys and showing concern for others.

A is for Animals – Gaby has a great love for animals and she says she wants to be a “doctor of animals” when she grows up. She never tires of watching the Animal Planet channel and the zoo is her favorite place to visit in the summertime.

B is for Bashful – Gaby can be shy with new surroundings and new friends but she is quick to warm up and likes to have fun.

R is for Rambunctious – Gaby loves to play and laugh. She is full of life and likes adventures, she is always full of energy.

I is for Independent – Gaby can entertain herself for hours with her stuffed animals. She has a strong personality and knows what she wants to do with her day. Which usually means play, play, and more play.

E is for Excellent – Gaby is a first class daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, and cousin. Her family loves her.

L is for Loveable – Gaby gives tight hugs, warm kisses and she always has a hand for you to hold.

L is for Laughter – Gaby has an infectious laugh and soon you are laughing right along with her.

E is for Entertaining – Gaby has a great sense of humor, likes to tell stories and has the sweetest singing voice.

Gracious, love of Animals, Bashful, Rambunctious, Independent, Excellent, Loveable, Laughter, and Entertaining all words that describe a very sweet little girl named Gabrielle.

We wish her a Happy Birthday as she turns 6 years old!!
Old 02-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #39  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

we ended up going over to my sister Katy's house on Saturday night. we had a lot of fun! we ate some pizza, bread and salad.....and then we went downstairs and played some pool while the kids played. they all had a blast together.

Katy~ I have already lost my diamond from my engagement ring while we were shopping at the mall with a couple of my sisters about a year or two ago. So.....I think I would be a little bit more worried about the anniversary band, but I would have the reassurance that it would be under warranty if something were to happen!

SusieQ~ That is really cute what you wrote about Gabster! I am wondering about Brandon's birthday since he will more then likely be in school on his birthday. So, I was thinking last night before climbing into bed that I would probably have to send in some cupcakes or something like that. but now a days, they will more then likely be more health conscious....so it will probably be something like fruit snacks or some kind of fruit!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

It is true schools are more health conscious Mindee but I don't think Gab was going to let me get away w/ health bars. lol
I thought of bagels or buying a platter of sub sandwishes, fruit patter but it always came back to the cupcakes. I did buy 1 vegan cookie for one of the little boys.
And when her after school learned it was her birthday they gave her a cupcake (her 2nd one that day) and said I could bring cookies in Tuesday to share....*eyes roll*......yesterday her dad was going to Baskin/Robbins for an ice cream cake....and here I sit waiting for a day to celebrate w/ our cake, thinking about bagging it now, she has had enough sugar to last awhile.
Tomorrow we will go to the zoo and do a lot of walking!

I saw my McDreamy last night, he ate and I watched. I was already full from the chicken mushroom melt earlier in the day. I did have a brownie that his son made, it was good w/ marshmellow & peanuts on top, to die for!!! I only had a small square.

So, time to get back on track for the week ahead!!

Hope ya'll enjoy your Sunday!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-17-2008 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #41  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Chicks

Hi Chicks.

Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. Forgive me that I don't do Indiv. but I just found out that my Uncle had a heart attack. He is home now, he was in a hospital not too far from here, only I just found out today, and so did my mother. 30% of his heart was damaged, they put in a temporary pace maker just to get his heart going right and then they took it out.

So needless to say this scared the $#@! out of me. This makes #4 in my family who has had a heart attack, and one has died from it. One was my cousin who is younger than me and healthy (or so we thought) and he still had one too.I don't know why the others never opened up my eyes before, but that is no matter, the matter is my eyes are wide open now.

So in the morning I plan on calling my dr and having him send over scripts to the lab for DH & I to get our blood drawn to check everything. He wanted me to do that last time I was there for my back and I never did. Now I am going to just tell my dr, you tell me exactly what to do and I will do it. No questions, no complaining, no whining, I am doing it.

Lots of fruits and veggies, even if I have to hold my nose to eat them, I will. lol. Whatever it takes. Infact here in few min. I am going to do some exercises, even if its just 10 min. a day, its a beginning and I will do them every day regardless. No excuses!!!

Sad that it takes something like this to open my eyes. But I guess sometimes it takes something serious to make you "wake up" and realize you are not invincible.

I also told DH whatever it takes for me to lower my stress, if it means getting another job, I will do it, its for my health and stress doesn't help. Either that or find ways of dealing with the stress a lot better. Yoga or something.

I also told my mother, whatever it takes, I want her here with us. I told DH I don't want her alone. So she is going to look into what it will take to get her out of that contract from work. I said whatever it takes.

Anyways I am sorry to go on and on about my family and all that, but it has scared me.

Thank you all for listening.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:29 AM   #42  

just popping in here quickly.....I have been kept busy with other things that I haven't really been online that much this past weekend! I am sure that I will be able to get online on Monday since Tommy is going to be busy all day pretty much.

we went over to my sister's house on Saturday night and had some fun! we had pizza for dinner, and then went into her basement and played some pool. It was a nice night to be had by all! we talked some about my dad's party but mostly it was about what was going on with us. I did find out though that she has the Carmen Electra Strip to Fit workout dvd's and that she likes them. SO, I am thinking about bagging the TurboJam and just getting those ones instead! I have been wanting to get them since I first saw them, but I was wayyyyyy to self conscious to even attempt to try them out then!
Old 02-18-2008, 12:26 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Popping in to say "hi." It is still cold and snowy here in the mid-west. Yuck. Actually, yesterday warmed up and then today this. Just spitting snow, but freezing out there.
I went through the kitchen and put all the "no-no" stuff away....DH has chocolate, so I put that in a baggy and gave it to him. I just have no will power if the goodies are sitting out. If it is in the cabinet or drawer I can resist. (mostly) Sooo, I am trying this AGAIN. We walked yesterday and I am hoping to WATP today. Gotta iron first however.

Sassy- I hope your uncle recovers from his heart attack. It does give one a wake-up call though. My family is fraught with heart trouble and blocked arteries. Reading your post brought it all back to my attention. I am wishing you luck with your journey and hopefully the Dr. will give you good advice. You can do it and we are here to help! If anyone ever needed help it is me...so I will be shouting out at you for myself. (the pep talk I give others rings in my ears and gives me hope) Make sense?

Mindee- Sounds like a good time at your sister's. The grandkids miss our pool table. We didn't bring it here since we down sized. I have never seen the stripper workout, but doubt I could get this body going around a pole...hahaha.

Susan- Loved the poem to Gabby. Wow, she is growing up quickly. Hope you are enjoying the zoo and all that walking. You are doing great with the losing....you passed me on the way down. I went back UP. Egads!

RK- Loved the socks you did for your DH. They looked so warm. And the scarf from the yarn you got for Christmas.... What a clever son to buy just what you love.

Cristina- You are certainly reading a lot. I love to read, but just haven't gotten into another book this week. I have a Nora Roberts book to start. I used to write down the books I read, but haven't lately.

Francie- Hope you had a good time in Seattle.

Okay ladies...need to go iron. BB soon...
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #44  

hello ladies....how are you all doing

nothing new on this end, just enjoying some yummy macaroni and cheese that Tommy made. I had to deal with some "issues" for my dad's birthday party. my mom had told me aunt that we were doing it on the weekend of the 16th instead of the weekend of the 2nd.

Sue~ Thankfully with Carmen Electra's workouts, you don't have to get up on a pole. Thank goodness!

SusieQ~ How is the zoo? I agree with Sue, you are doing great with your losing weight! I need some of that to rub off on me!
Old 02-18-2008, 03:53 PM   #45  
One day at a time

Just a quick hello ladies...

Been on the computer too long and I have things to do! Will spend more time here tomorrow.

Have a great day ladies!