Old 02-05-2008, 12:46 PM   #16  
Expecting baby #1! 9/7/09

S/C/G: 320.2/273.2/160

Height: 5'6"

LOL@ Coralee...Its always nice to get a laugh in the morning!

Well, yesterday was a success...I passed up Jack in the Box for tomato soup and reduced fat cheez-it...I must be learning something! I even ate oatmeal for breakfast this morning, which I hate. The things we do for health!

Today's plan:

B: Simple Harvest oatmeal with 2 canned pear halves (247)
S: Multigrain Wheat Thins, string cheese (210)
L: Progresso Light Veg Barley Soup (120)
added steamed veggies (42)
S: apple and granola bar (175)
D: Taco Bell bean burritos and tostada (1072)

Total calories: 1866
4-5 bottles of water (16.9oz)
30 mins of walking at lunch

Good luck everyone...Have a great day!
blueyedlvrgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 6"

I did well today. I had a small incident with a Johnsonville Brat that was left over from the kids dinner the night before, but I only ate half and threw the rest to the dog
Today's Totals:
Calories: 1490
Exercise: 30 minutes on Treadmill (Program 1)
Water: 65 fl oz
Yay me.. it's the first day in February I've stayed 100% on plan. Hopefully I'll be blessed with a good weigh in day tomorrow.
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #18  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi gals! Welcome Coralee and Traci

I made some poor choices the past couple of days, but I got so fed up with myself yesterday that I went and planned my dinner and today's food. I usually plan the night before, and I didn't do that for Tuesday which really screwed me up after having not followed the plan I had for Monday... well you get the idea. I didn't want it to continue today, so I planned!

Breakfast: milk and high-fiber cereal with banana and tea (4.5)
Snack: Carrots (0)
Lunch: Applebee's Confetti Chicken and 1 packet Diet Hot Cocoa (8)
Snack: Cucumber and Fiber One Bar (2)
Dinner: Cashew Chicken with Brown Rice (WW recipe) with pear (9)

Total points: 23.5
Points target is 21, using some activity points here to make up for it.
Plan on going to the gym and doing 40 minutes on the stationary bike and 1-2 sets of weights.
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

Morning Ladies
Nice to be on the East Coast, I get to report early! Yesterday, as we all know was Mardi Gras, and I decided to treat myself to a 'free day'. It was interesting to see that my body could not handle the food choices very well, and by 2 PM I needed a nap. Even with the splurge I kept my activities slightly ahead of calories. Of course the test will come when I weigh in.

Calories consumed = 2360 Calories burned 2380

Today will be primarily a veggie day and more fun activities like.. oh cleaning house.
Until tomorrow.
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 PM   #20  

Yesterday I followed the plan...maybe drank a little less water than I would like, but all-in-all very well. Today I start my venture of no meat for 40 days...I am allowing myself one meal a week with meat, so my body doesn't totally freak out when I start eating it again. Anyway, the plan for today...

4-5 bottles of water (16.9 oz)
30 mins of cardio walking at lunch
1800 calories

B: Cereal with skim milk (184)
S: Multigrain wheat thins w/pepper jack cheese stick (240)
L: Whole wheat 3 cheese broccoli lean pocket (250)
Cara cara orange (70)
S: Apple and granola bar (195)
D: 2 eggs, with 1 slice cheese, broccoli and green beans
scrambled together (305)

Total calories: 1241

This is waaaay below what I am trying for, so I will try to boost it with something (?), I don't know what though. I am open to ideas!!

Have a great day Ladies!!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 02-06-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: clicked post before I was done
Old 02-06-2008, 01:41 PM   #21  

Hi Misty! I would try adding more fiber and protein to your meals. They will add calories as well as give you a feeling of being satisfied. If you are still having trouble getting in calories, what about healthy fats? Olive oil, nuts, etc are great healthy fats that will add caloric content!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Default oh dear...

I had a run-in with some sherbert yesterday. As usual, I was stressed about homework. Sigh.
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:58 PM   #23  

I know the feeling of homework stress...I have homework due Friday that I haven't even started reading the 3 chapters for...I have some orange sherbet/vanilla ice cream swirl stuff in the freezer that got me the other night....I only had 2 small scoops though, I usually would've had a full bowl...I'm learning!
Old 02-06-2008, 04:11 PM   #24  

Hi everyone
I know I'm joining late but just found you all. I am 54 so I quess the 2nd oldest on the thread. I am also a librarian: childrens, circ and resource librarian. It's a small library. Only 1 or 2 of us working most of the time. I have a wonderful husband,33 + 31 yr old daughters and a 10 year old son.Also four beautiful grandsons. I keep busy between job and home.
My biggest problem is evening snacking.
I am watching my points as of right now.

Goal 24 pts.

Breakfast 2 flx toast with butter 4
Dinner 2 flx bread thin ham butter 5
peas 1
Cappachino 3
sm amount of sprite 2

Good luck everyone
Anmyreah

Last edited by Anmyreah; 02-06-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Anmyreah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:20 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 6"

Evening Ladies! Today I was sooooooooo tired, I sat down on the floor and leaned up against the bean bag chair to play with my lil 11month old daughter and the next thing I know I open my eyes and my oldest two daughters are sitting in the livingroom laughing at my snoring I must have been out for a while. I'm just feeling real lazy today, I walked on the treadmill for a bit but couldnt keep up with it's pace (3.5 mph) so I had to slow the speed down, but I did make up for the lack of effort with all the darn shoveling I had to do today.. GO AWAY SNOW!!! Either way I went over my calories a tad but I'm not going to beat myself up for it.. I KNOW I burned them off today. Good news is this mornings weigh in was fantastic.. 3 more pounds gone! Hope everyones day went well.

Today's Totals:
Calories: 1706
Exercise: 30 minutes on Treadmill (Program 1 - 3.0speed) and a TON of shoveling
Water: 64 fl oz
Trazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 303/252/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my, three librarians on one thread. Clearly this is the coolest group. Welcome Anmyreah!!

Trazzie-- I think shoveling surely burns a lot of calories!!! I have almost fallen asleep many times while playing on the floor with my daughter. They are cute but tiring!

Well, I have crapped up my eating the last couple of days. I thought for sure that when I passed on pizza one night, I would be 110 pounds when I woke up the next morning. What a surprise to find that I am not.

I am headed upstairs and am hoping to not wake up the baby as I dig for batteries for my caltrac. I am putting that bad boy on in the morning and heading to the grocery store with my sick one-year-old. (I am sure that will go well. )

You have my permission to mudsling should I not post my calories tomorrow night!
KidsLibrarylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 AM   #27  
back on track, again!

S/C/G: 307/see the ticker/healthy

Default hmm..

I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers. I'm struggling so bad right now, and my hubby and I both need to get the weight off, but we feed our bad habits and choices off one another. He really HAS to get in shape before he leaves for Iraq, and to be able to advance the way he should. And I know it's only a matter of time before I start havign health issues from my weight. But I don't know why I can't get motivated. This site helps, but not enough, cuz I can just ignore it when I'm not being good. I'm thinking if I'm paying for WW, then I will not be able to ignore it as much. Does anyone know how much it will cost me?

Dee
NavyWifeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:38 AM   #28  

Morning ladies! I didn't make it to the gym last night, but otherwise everything was good!

Breakfast: Oatmeal and banana. Tea with milk (4)
Snack: Fiber One Bar (2)
Lunch: Cashew Chicken (WW recipe) and 1 cup carrots (8)
Snack: Green pepper (raw) and pear (1)
Dinner: Spicy Black Bean Soup (WW recipe), 1 cup milk, and 2 laughing cow light swiss cheese wedges (6.5)

Gym: 40 minutes on the bike and 2 sets of weights (+6)

Total Points used: 21.5 (out of 21)
Total Points earned: 6
Total Points swapped: 0.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsLibrarylady View Post
Well, I have crapped up my eating the last couple of days. I thought for sure that when I passed on pizza one night, I would be 110 pounds when I woke up the next morning. What a surprise to find that I am not.
Chris, you crack me up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeinthekeys View Post
I'm thinking of joining Weight Watchers.
I am a long time Weight Watcher. If you want to know any WW info, just PM me!

Quote:
This site helps, but not enough, cuz I can just ignore it when I'm not being good.
I do the same thing sometimes!

Quote:
I'm thinking if I'm paying for WW, then I will not be able to ignore it as much. Does anyone know how much it will cost me?
If the meeting place near you offers the monthly pass (and I think about 95% of them do), then you can pay $39.95 per month for a meeting every week and you will also get the online tools. This averages about $9.22 a month. If you pay weekly, it is $13 a week and you get no online tools. BTW, I cannot live without the online tools. I them.
Old 02-07-2008, 10:51 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 294.5/276/190

Height: 5'2"

G'day Mates!
I guess now that there are 3 librarians we could all share dirty Dewey Decimal jokes... (not) Yesterday's reexamination of veggies was fun. Now if I can manage to not go overboard with sauces on said veggies it would be much better. Today is a very gray day in Tampa. This means I cannot garden w/o sweating. I will be fighting the 'jungle' soon.

Report for 6Feb08: Calories consumed = 1850 Cal. burned = 3250 water = 1.5 liters. FYI I use my Fitday software to keep track.

I would never mudslide anyone.. first I have danced the diet dance for too many years to be pointing a finger. second no calories involved in mudslinging. not worth it.
Walk in beauty folks.
chicpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:36 PM   #30  

Good Morning Ladies!
So last night I added extra veggies and a sourdough english muffin with butter to bring my total up to a more manageable 1503...Still not where I think it should be, but it was an improvement over the initial 12xx that were planned. Tomorrow is my official WI day...I hope it is better than last week's big fat ZERO! Everyone have an amazing day!

For today:
4-5 bottles of water
30 mins cardio walking

B: Honey Nut Cheerios with skim milk and 1/2 banana (282)
S: Multigrain wheat thins with colby/jack cheese stick (240)
L: Whole grain 3 cheese broccoli lean pocket (250) Before Walk
Apple (72) After Walk
S: Yoplait light yogurt (100)
Pear (121)
D: Steamed Veggies with brown rice with marinade (458)
S: Green seedless grapes (166)

Total Calories Consumed: 1678

Hopefully I can eat all of this! Sometimes I plan on being more hungry than I am!

Last edited by blueyedlvrgirl; 02-08-2008 at 12:19 PM.