Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:26 PM   #16  
kitty Momo

Francie It is nice to have you join us on the dark side. lol
Exercise always made me happier, it is the natural high thing. I just do that know with wine and think a lot about exercise......lol - jk!!! Welcome to BIK!

Hi Cristina!!

I just said good bye to my Gaby (5yrs old) she went with her father til 1pm tomorrow. I pick her up for a family dinner and she will go back tomorrow night. In between all that is date time with McDreamy, he has to work tomorrow so I had to swear on a stack of bibles to get him in bed by 10pm. haha

anyway - off to the store and I cleaned the apt! So, I am feeling like I am getting something done!

bbl

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-25-2008 at 05:26 PM.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #17  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies!

SUE...yeah, if I had to drive that far I wouldn't have left either. It is just so frustrating. The last time I went the doc went to get something while I was in the room and said I'll be back in a few minutes...I thought she forgot about me...30 mns later here she comes. Don't know what she was doing because no one was there! I can feel your frustration with the doctors. I do hope they find something that they can do for you mom and soon. She shouldn't have to suffer at all. WOW! Only 35,000 miles on your car...good resale value there for sure!

SUSAN...aw, it's not amazing. Like I said I am walking so stinking slow it's like I'm not, lol! That's why I am going longer though. Hey, WTG on the 40 pounds! that is GREAT and I am proud of you! Now tell McDreamy to stop with all the good cooking, lol! And what a brave woman you are...doing your own taxes, you and Katy, if I remember correctly Katy does her own too. I wouldn't even attempt it and neither would V. Of course I am not sure what we will do this year. The guy that has done them the last few years kind of bailed on us. There were some discrepencies on our 2005 taxes and we just got a letter a week or so ago...why the wait? Who knows...well this guy wants no part of it and he was the one who did the taxes! So we owe, ugh! And I am sure we will owe for 2006 too, double ugh!

MINDEE...let us know how the visit went with Marissa. And here's to lots of money back on your taxes. That's cool that you guys are going to let your sis live with you. Now, is this the one who was just there and trimmed your hair? I know you have lots of bros & sis's.

JULES...hugs to you missy! Geez, you have had your share of illness and I hope the doc gave you something to help you. It can't be too good if it is in the chest. Get plenty of rest!

SASSY...is your weekend over? Any news on your FIL? Is he doing a little better?

FRANCIE...again, glad to have ya here missy! The ladies here are sweeties and I love 'em!

Seems like I am missing someone, Hi to anyone reading this.

I was busy yesterday. Me and DD (son backed out) went to see The Orphange. DD said to keep an open mind because she knows how I hate movies that I have to read, lol. I must say, I did keep an open mind and I absolutely loved it! And I was bad...gave in to my cravings and had some of that fat laden buttered popcorn, ugh. I say ugh but it was good while I was eating it. Just kicking myself now...WI is tomorrow and I have had a bad week of eating.

Today I ran to the mall to get some lotion and soap...got hooked on the Bath & Body soaps. But they were on sale so it saved a little money. Then off to the used bookstore...ugh, that is such a bad place, lol. I don't need any books until I read what I have but I walked away with three, lol. Of course for the prices you can't beat them. Was there so DD could spend some BD money. Came home and got a roast in the crockpot and I want to tell you that thing is smelling good!

Hope everyone had a good day, and hope everyone has a great weekend! Any special plans for the weekend ladies? None for me, just making a cake for DD and spending time with the fam.
Old 01-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #18  
One day at a time

HIYA SUSAN! Didn't see that you were online! Well, you take care of mcdreamy don! And don't miss the Gabster too much...I know, easier said than done.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:18 PM   #19  
RosieKate

Howdy!

Francie - welcome to our little corner of the world...

Cristina - rrgh - how frustrating..are you going to try to go back? Is your back feeling any better? Maybe a good massage...mmm..I love massages. WTG on the walking- its so hard to keep all that going when you don't feel good. You remembered correctly, I also do my own taxes. Turbotax is a very good thing. I have been able to do ours with it and we have mortgage deductions, multiple sources of income...one year I had a retirement rollover and TT made it all very doable.

Susan- Enjoy the kid-free time..make sure McDreamy gets his beauty sleep, lol! The CNA route sounds like a good way to go. You should have great employability..can you find an employer that would pay for your classes? I've heard that some hospitals pay for educations because they need nurse, cnas, etc, so badly. Hey - I loved To Kill a Mockingbird...wasn't that just a life-changing book? I also thought East of Eden was excellent...if you are looking around for the next read. I just finished Water for Elephants, by Sara Gruen - v.v.good

Hi Sue - How's your mom doing today? I hope she is feeling better...

Mindee - yay on getting a refund...also the gubmint is giving us all a little something..if you've been following the news. I don't know how well that will stimulate the economy, but I've sure not going to turn it down!

Hi Jules! How's that grandboy - he's sure a cutie....is Teri getting enough rest? I hope he's letting his parents get a little sleep. We all remember those days don't we?

I made it to DDD again today...I'm on a roll. Dance Dance Dance is our community center's version of Jazzercise. That's the closest thing I could think of to describe it. It's a good workout - and I made it to three classes this week! I'm back down to 178...so my "lost" weekend is truly lost Now to keep my face out of the homemade cookies - ugh

Old 01-26-2008, 02:54 AM   #20  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Rissa had her 9 month check up! She did great! No shots were needed this time, but she did have to get her toe poked twice for a lead test. But hey, she didn't mind!

She is 28 inches long, 18lbs. 14.6 ounces, and her head circumference is 17 1/2 inches. The doctor said that she is following the 50th percentile for weight, but the 75th for her head and I believe also for her length.

We also talked to him about Brandon and his speech. He gave us the number to the local Early On program, and we have to call and make an appointment for a hearing screening and then we will go from there. But the pediatrician told us to get the hearing screening and get him in speech therapy.

SuzieQ~ Robyn is 17. She is the one that was down here right after Christmas. YAY on losing 40 pounds!!!! We get iffy on the whole child tax credit thing. The lady did our taxes and told us that we got the full credit for Brandon and Logan. but we only got half of the credit for Marissa. Don't know how that works since when we went on H & R Block's website, it told us that we would get the full $3000 back for all three. (a thousand a piece)

I do have to add that we got the 1099-R in the mail on Friday! So, we will be scheduling an appointment to get those finished off!

Francie~ I find my moods change when I exercise as well! I am even a little less grumpier when AF comes to town.....just ask my hubby! He used to be able to tell right when she was coming into town because I would get really grumpy the day before she comes.....not anymore! Hey, I have to keep him on his toes somehow!

Cristina~ The Rissa Report is above! Her next appointment isn't until she turns one. Which as I think about it now, I should of scheduled Brandon's 4 year check up for that time as well! Doh! Yup, that is the same sister that trimmed my hair for me.

Katy~ I am not going to turn it down either! I don't see it stimulating the economy. If anything people will hide it away for a rainy day!

I just saw a video for a workout class called Zumba. Has anybody ever heard of it or done it? I watched a video of it on youtube and it looks fun. And from watching the concept video for it, I remember seeing an infomercial for it a loooooong time ago. So, I am going to see if I can scrounge up some of those for work out dvd's as well!
Old 01-26-2008, 03:33 AM   #21  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Girls.

All I gotta say is Advil Liquigels Rock!!! My back went out again and I have been in so much pain I could not even walk straight, I was all hunched over like an old lady!!! lol. So anyways, got up today, it felt better, but still hurt, took some of the Advil Liquigels and now I feel amazing! I can walk straight and bend!!! Yippeee! Its the small things in life. lol.

I talked to my mom well I guess technically it was lastnight and she is currently checking out some places to get a job up here for when she moves up here in May. Well, helping her with her search, I found a job that I wanted to apply for, as most of you know I have complained about my current job and never have done a single thing about it until lastnight. I applied for a job -- outside of my company!!! I am proud of myself. Because before I was too afraid, I want out, but I was afraid to even apply somewhere different!! Stupid I know......

So I am not getting my hopes up, even if I don't even get an interview with the place, I am still proud of myself for at least trying.

I hope you all are doing well.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:54 AM   #22  

sassy~ that is great to hear about the job prospect! how is your back feeling? I hope it feels better soon!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:41 PM   #23  
One day at a time

Morning ladies...

KATY...V used to do the taxes but not sure what happened. He started going to have it done and then found this last guy thru a bunch of guys at work. I would be nice to have someone who backs up their work instead of leaving us holding the bag. Glad to hear that Water For Elephants is good...I have it in my second stack of to read books, lol. Of course I had four in my first stack and added three from going to the books store yesterday! Ugh, addicted to books, lol. Yay to being back down to 178! I think I gained your weekend! I almost signed up for Jazzercize...always thought it would be fun and they have a class close to me but I just thought I would feel silly in front of others.

SUSAN...I agree with Katy about the cna...most of the places here, and in CA when my sister did it paid for the classes. It is in demand for sure. Okay, so did you get mcdreamy put to bed early?

SASSY...well, I am sending you lots of good vibes in the hopes you ge that job. : : I know how you have been frustrated with your job. I am going to have to try those liquigels, although my back is much better now! Sorry that yours went out...I know how that is and I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone! Take care of yourself and try to take it easy even though you are feeling better.

MINDEE...good deal on Marissa...sounds like she is where she should be and growing like a weed, lol. Isn't it crazy how fast the kids grow? It seems like yesterday the kids were that small and here they all are in their 20's, egads! Makes me feel old, sort of.

HIYA SUE, FRANCIE & JULES! Hoping all is well with you ladies.

Nothing planned for me today, sort of. Going to walk of course since I am up almost two pounds, ugh! I knew this was a bad eating week for me but I just kept on filling my fat face. I will get back on track tomorrow...I say tomorrow because today is DD's BD...24 today, OMG! My baby is getting old, lol! She wants her mommy to bake her a cake so that's what I am doing later..and reading. I started my 7th book for the month and want to get it finished. It is pretty good but I have been busy the last two days and getting up early has made me tired really early. Oh, also bought a book called 100 Days of Weight Loss...thought it would help me stay on track because I feel myself slipping. I haven't lost as much as you ladies have but I've lost enough for me that I don't want to start gaining and putting it back on. I can deal with a pound or two gain a week once in a while and then reassess and get back on track. Anyway...it's a daily motivator, the book that is...we'll see.

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 01-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #24  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

You are all so chatty. I will try to catch up!! My ex did away with his internet so I have limited time at the library. So, if I seem to ignore things it is just because I am rushing!

Sassy - I am glad you can walk and bend!! Wow, sweetie - those are basics....*sigh. I don't mean that in a flippy way. I just mean you HAVE to be able to bend and walk. Especially bend...lol whatEVER, feeling good on my grande coffee. Fingers Crossed on the job!

Francie - Welcome again! Hope you are having a good weekend, look forward to getting to know you

Mindee- I never heard of Zumba. Rissa sounds like a doll, I so want a baby to cuddle. You might check out theweighwewere site. It has a lot of success stories. Kat Canary use to post on an old Yahoo board and she worked with Richard Simmons. Anyway - it is just a source of success stories, thought I would pass that along.

Sue - How is your mother?? Thinking of you.

Jules - How is grandmother?? lol Hope you are feeling ok!!

Katy - Water for Elephants?? I will look it up. The library here is so limited, I will see what is around. What kind of cookies?? McDreamy made chocolate chip the other day. Amazing cook, I think it is the cutest thing , a man that knows his way in the kitchen. Good on the DDD!!

Cristina - hey .....lol . Happy Birthday to your DD!! Is that the one on myspace?? You have a son and a daughter?? I should know this , huh?? Nothing better but your mother baking you something, how sweet! When I was pregnant w/ Gab I craved my mothers spanish rice but she wouldn't make it for me, just gave me the recipe. I cried for days til I got pissed. Geez, 8 months pregnant, you can make me spanish rice! lol So, I made a pan and ate it all and the craving went away.

Good story, huh?? lol

anywho....survived another date w/ McDreamy. I left at 11:20pm. Not bad, he had to be at work at 8am. We went for Mexican food (tamale - yum) and a margarita - double yum. That has to be my only splurge for the weekend. I will eat veggies at the family dinner today and hopefully a salad w/ McD tonight.
Taking Beck to the mall for make up. She has a winter formal tonight.

better get!!

Hugs to you all!!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:04 PM   #25  
One day at a time

SUSAN...lol, at least your mom gave you her recipe, lol! That's what I should do for DD, lol. And yes, missy you should know this...I have 2 sons, Jason & Josh and DD, Carrie...yeah shes the one on myspace. Glad you and mcdreamy had a nice evening and dinner. And hope you have a good dinner today with your family. Hope Rach hss fun at the dance!

I better get going...haven't gotten anything done!
Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #26  
RosieKate

Hi all

I went for a one hour hike around the neighborhood today. Being the weirdo that I am, I took some pictures just 'cause I was happy to be outside and not freezing my arse off. 'Course I got RAINED on, but, hey, this is Oregon. Rain I can take.

I may put them up on the blog later..we'll see. Right now, DH is charging up his ipod, so I can't get to the USB...

Susan- Maybe you could get the book through a transfer. We put hold requests on books and dvds via the internet all the time. It's how we get our movies to watch...3 weeks for free - can't beat it. They will even send us an emial when it has arrived. Glad you had a good time with McD...

Cristina - 7 books - wow! I read alot, but that puts even me to shame. Right now I am about to start A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson. It's for my book group and I've heard really good things about it. Happy Birthday to Carrie! Oh to be 24 again, sigh....My DH and I became engaged right around my 24th birthday...good times

OK- gotta run ..Hi Mindee, Sassy ( glad your back is feeling better!), Sue, Jules, Francie.....hope the weekend is going well for everyone...

Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 PM   #27  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end.....just enjoying the day! all three kiddos have been eating since they got up this morning! now the boys are watching the winter x games on tv. ok.....nix that, now they are watching a movie.

Cristina~ I can't believe how fast they are growing! She is getting just as big as her brothers! Which reminds me.....I need to get cracking on planning their party.

we are also in the process of trying to plan a surprise party for my dad's 60th birthday this year. I am in contact with a couple of my older sisters about doing it. one of them has already emailed me back and said that it is a great idea. I just talked to my mom and she said that it is something that we can work towards.

SuzieQ~ Thanks for that link! I will head over there and check it out in a second.

gotta run....dinner time! pork chops....mashed potatoes.....and stuffing! yum

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 01-26-2008 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

I am back!

Mindee - Don't call it a link all the MODs will come unglued. We call it a suggestion. lol Fun, on the birthday planning!

Katy - Bring your camera sometime to the pool, we can get a shot of the girls or of us together!! That would be fun, huh?? I am too lazy for a transfer. lol

Cristina - I wanted my mom's spanish rice - lol As a kid you remember eating it and she makes it so good. It did turn out good though and thank goodness that craving was over with. Oh, it is Beck with the dance. We must have spent $200 on this thing so far.

anyway - just a fast check in.....I am exhausted, I think I will go lay down for a bit. The dinner was put off til next week because of possible icy weather tonight. So, I am just waiting for McD to get home. I really want to see Into the wild so maybe if I flutter my lashes at him he will take me to see that. It is clear across down though , so we'll see.

blah - blah.....hugs to you all!!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #29  
One day at a time

Hello again ladies...

Just online checking out our new service...we got dsl finally and I am seeing just how fast it is! I am lovin' it! Can't believe how fast everything is...shutterfly added 14 pics in less than 4 minutes, yahooooo!

KATY...nothing wrong with taking pictures outdoors...I am like that. I try to cut back because I will take a zillion pictures of nothing really, lol. I remember your last outdoor pictures though, the roses and the bee...really pretty! Thank you for the comment on my blog! WTG on the hike! I've not heard of that book...will have to look it up and see what it is about.

SUSAN...not sure why I said Rachel when I read and was thinking Rebecca Hope Rebecca has a fun time! If you go see Into The Wild let me know how it is. I read the book and would like to see the movie as well. But will probably wait until it comes out on DVD.

MINDEE...I bet your dad would love a surprise 60th!

HIYA SASSY, JULES, SUE & FRANCIE!

I'm going to go do some more surfing and possibly get some emailing done...send the new email address to everyone.

Have a wonderful evening and Sunday!
Old 01-26-2008, 11:38 PM   #30  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, we managed to steer clear of any more kid incidents! Tommy was taking a box of girls clothes down to our cage in the basement, and slipped and fell down the stairs leading to the basement. He has a nice scrape on his back right in the middle, and a nice sized scrape on his tail bone area. I had gone to see the office manager after he came back inside, and she told me to grab some salt to put on the stairs again. I did that, and as I was coming back up the stairs she was walking with her dog to our front door to check on Tommy. She called him a little bit later and told him to come to the office on Sunday to file an incident report.

He would have gone to the hospital to get every thing checked out but right now he doesn't have insurance. He told me that if he goes in to see the office manager and she tells him to go and get every thing checked out and they will pay for it then he will. He is going to be nice and bruised and sore for a couple of days. His days that he works this coming week are Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, we shall see how things are tomorrow night and we will go from there.

SuzieQ~ Thanks for that suggestion!

Cristina~ I have talked to my mom about it.....and she likes the idea as well. So, hopefully we can coordinate with with everybody to where we can all be there!
Closed Thread