Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #106  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face Hi Chicks

Hi Chicks

Well I slept mostly out in my recliner.........I was sleeping good too until someone's baby started crying. I guess they are correct when they say that women have that ability to hear crying babies and wake up, because I surely did and I was sound asleep! lol.Then I went to lie down in bed and someone kept banging a door, I was like, "forget it". lol.

DH said our boss was at work when he got there tonight. He signed the FMLA papers that I left for him and gave them to DH to hang on too until our Dr. gets his portion of it signed, DH called them and they said they have just been so swamped that they haven't gotten to them yet, DH told our boss and he was ok with it. I guess my boss is trying to look like "the hero" and like he is saving me by having me do this FMLA thing. Maybe he is, but I seriously doubt it, I guess he could have good intentions, but I just do not trust the little weasel!!! lol.

Mindee -- Ya know it was almost 50 degrees today and I did see the sun out, briefly before I went to bed. lol. And kids were outside roller blading with no coats on, so it couldn't have been too cold.

Jules -- that is definitely my boss. I think when he applied for the position he thought he was going to be a piece of cake and of course that isn't the case. He was a very lazy worker before he was supervisor and seems even worse now. I just do not get how these people get promoted and others who work their behinds off don't. That is a good idea, documenting stuff. I think that would be a good idea to pass on to others too, because its not just me who is having the problems.

Katy -- Yeah I think the documenting is a good idea and I plan on passing on that message too. We all definitely know its only a matter of time before he sinks himself. It was like that with an ex coworker of ours. He was lazy, very lazy and we all said eventually it would catch up too him and it did, they finally fired him.

Sue -- I hope things look up for ya. Glad your mom is doing better. I think I have the winter blahs too.

Susan -- You hit the nail on the head there! lol. Amazing you all can see how my boss is and you haven't even met him! lol. I guess we've all had bosses like him before though. Your right and I think that is a big reason why I am "stuck" and I don't plan on it keeping me there for long. I am taking your advice and making the most out of my days off and trying to keep work out of my mind, as hard as that is at times. lol.

Well I again wanna say thanks, you all have once again made me feel much, much better.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:40 AM   #107  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi ladies...

Sorry for another quickie...busy day and then Josh's GF called and wanted to come by. Her llittle girl wanted to give me a 'prise' (surprise), so cute! So they were here for a little while. Anyway, tomorrow I am headed to the show to see The Diving Bell and The Butterfly while it's still on. Was supposed to see it last week but didn't feel like going and it's only going ot be on until Wednesday.

Have a great evening ladies, and Saturday too! Chat tomorrow sometime
Old 02-09-2008, 02:37 AM   #108  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

well, we had one crazy day on Friday! we went to his speech evaluation. it went well......I guess. the speech therapist stopped basically halfway through the first section of the test because he wasn't saying anything. so then she moved on to a different test, and again stopped after a little bit of that one because he wasn't saying anything. she tried him with a receptive test and he did great on that one! she then concluded that he should have been in a preschool program this past September. so she was going to have her secretary call the other schools in the school district to see if any of them have openings for him. I need to get back in contact with the lady from Early On to see about getting his hearing tested. in a way, it did shed some light, but in another way, we are still back at square one.

me and Tommy got our Valentine's Day gifts. we got matching tattoos on Friday while we were out (I will post a picture of it as my avatar) It turned our really great and I love it! the kids even behaved long enough for us to get them done while we were out. Tommy got his on his left arm under his previous tattoos that he has on that arm, and I got mine on my left calf just above my moon tattoo. (I almost got it directly on the back on my calf.....but thankfully the tattoo artist talked me into getting it on the side of the calf instead!)

Jules~ That is how I used to be with chips....well junk food in general. But I have FINALLY gotten my head screwed on the right way as far as my eating habits and what I need to do, and it is sticking! That sounds like us.....we always seem to end up in the wrong place at the wrong time. But it sounds like Dave knows that being in that situation isn't what he needs to be concentrating on during this time. I am sure that from the way it sounds, that this is going to be his wake up call that he needs.

Katy~ Thanks for the congrats! I am actually feeling very confident about actually getting to my goal weight! I know it will take a lot of time and patience, but I am willing to commit to it as long as I am getting healthier in the process! I told Tommy a couple of weeks ago when he asked me what I wanted to do and he was surprised by my answer. I told him that I wanted to go somewhere and just walk.......he was caught off guard at first and then said "will the mall work?" I said "perfect.....let's go!"

Sue~ Sounds like every body is trucking along. How are you feeling today? I hope your mom starts to feel better soon! And I hope that you can get your concerns addressed on Monday.

SuzieQ~ Sure thing....send it along! Although, I have a feeling that he will be getting into school soon on his own. (I can't believe it......my big (baby) is gearing up to go to school! *sniff*sniff) but I know that it will be helping him talk more.....which means we really need to hunker down on the potty training majorly!

Sassy~ I didn't believe that whole thing about being able to wake up when you hear a crying baby......but it does happen! I have done it numerous times and some of the time my brain was tricking me because none of my kids were crying! Your boss does sound like a weasel!

Cristina~ How were the movies?
Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 AM   #109  
ugggg.....

Mindee--sorry you didn't get any answers on Brandon's test--at least the one was good. Jerry and I have a matching tattoo--It's a rose with two locks in it. It's prettier than it sounds but he didn't want to go too girly...

Cristina--so what was your "prise"? How was the movie? What is your log on at good reads?? I just picked up a few more book at the library.

Sassy--Teri gets up if Nick makes any noise at all--she is getting better since she is recognaizes what his little sounds mean now. He is a very vocal baby. Our friend Becky was suprised since none of her three made that many noises the youn. Her oldest daughter was "talking" to him and he was "responding"--they got a big kick out that. Little Henry likes his new little friend. He was patting his back Thursday night. Good luck with your boss, I think we all have had a bad boss so can relate to what you are going through even though the situation may have been a little different with each of us. It's so hard to have a bad workplace since we have to spend so much time there.

SuzyQ--my kids always loved to be read to and Ryan is a huge reader still. Every now and then one of us will read something and then have the other one read it. Their favorite was one from Dr Suess called the "Lifted Lorax"??? I think??? I will have to go look. Sometimes they will be joking around and say "The trufala trees, the trufala"..."What about the trufala trees"..cracks me up. It's probably why they are both big recyclers since it's about saving the enviroment. After Teri read the Rainbow Fish in elementary school she loved it so much I had to get a copy. Teri will still read sometimes. What's funny is when she was in high school and she had a really boring book, we would read it out loud to each other and talk about it. Her faves from high school were "Cold Sassy Tree" & "Ender's Game".

Sue--My mom and I both had to end up going to the doctors to get one of those 5 day antibiotic packs for upper respitory ailments before we felt better. Whatever this "cold" is that everyone is getting is more than a cold. It's hard to shake it off. glad your Mom is doing ok. WTG on finishing law school--good luck on the bar to him!! I tend to get a little depressed myself from time to time. I usually up my b vitamins!!

Katy--I think this was a real wake up call for Dave. He is really misisng Teri and the baby. She has to go back to work on Monday and since he was laid off and still looking for work he was going to watch the baby and try to find a job working nights so little Nick wouldn't have to go to a babysitter. My Mom is excited and she will be watching him on Mondays and Wednesdays, except when she goes on her trips with the Gadabouts (her group of retired ladies from church) They do all kinds of fun stuff once a month. I have Fridays covered and Teri is going to ask if she can switch her shift from Mon-Fri to 4 days a week plus Sunday. She is thinking if she has Tuesday or Thursday off she can just use that day for appointments and I can watch the baby on Sunday. Then she will have Becky or Geneva watch him the other day.

Ry and Adam are planning on going to Portland by summer. They are waiting for their regular tax return and then the promised $600 extra. They want to see if they can go by train and make some stops along the way. Teri is cute she sings the alphabet inserting silly words and famaliar thing for each letter to Nick. It's cute. I got dsome baby vicks to rub on his chest at night--with the amoxicilian it seems to be working.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #110  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Jules - I would love to have a baby close by to cuddle, you are so blessed. You should hop the train w/ Ry & Adam!!! Come visit us in Oregon, today is beautiful.

Mindee - Love the tattoo!! You are so brave, I have wanted to get one but am way chicken. I kind of want the nose piercing too. Anyway - just have to keep plugging along on the speech thing or maybe get the right person to evaluate (?) I know w/ Gab it took Kaiser and the school district to figure out what was wrong.

Cristina - Miss you but sounds like you are having fun! Cute about the prise Gab calls girl , gurl....like she is from the Bronx. lol Hugs to you!

k- busy day here!! Down to 166 so feel better and promise myself to watch it more carefully this week, I think my munchies have calmed down. I guess I am not pregnant afterall - haha. Good news is Gab is able to go back to her after school on Monday!! It will only cost $70 a month. Saw McD last night for a bit, and tonight he is making me a Valentine dinner - awww, what a sweet man.

Hi to - Katy, Sue, Francie, Michelle and Sassy!!!!
Old 02-09-2008, 08:58 PM   #111  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--It's beautiful here too--though crazy--woke up with snow on the ground and then it got in the 50's--crazy. I can't live without my Ry so I will have to be visiting Portland to see him and meet you and Katy!! I love cuddling the baby--he is such a sweetie!!

Well just wanted to pop in and say hi!!
Old 02-09-2008, 10:48 PM   #112  
~Believe~

Wink Hey Chicks

Hi Ladies.

Well here we go again with the crazy weather. Its been in the 50's or so and now the next few days down in the 20's and a chance of snow on Tuesday. Totally crazy. My DH woke up with his throat sore and his ears hurt.......UGH I hope he isn't getting what everybody else has gotten.......I sent him to work with Halls and he is stopping at Walmart on his break to get some honey to have tea and I told him to get some soup. I hope he isn't sick and I hope more importantly I do not get it. Because I absolutely cannot miss any more work.

My cat totally spazed out before I have no idea why. I know who can ever tell with Cats, right? lol. But we were watching the Animal Planet -- his favorite channel, yes my cat is a total couch potato. lol. Anyways, usually he loves watching animal shows, seems like ever since we bought our new tv, I dunno if its just clearer since its HD or what, but he is totally into it now. lol. Well anyways, we was watching Funniest Pets and there was a bear cub on there, and the cub walked toward the camera and at that point my cat totally spazed out. So I have no idea. The bear cub came on at the end of the program and then my cat was totally fine. He is now behind our chairs, so I dunno. Weird. lol.

Mindee -- Glad the speech test went well, I hope he gets into school and has fun. Great Tatoo!! My boss is just that -- a weasel. Maybe that is insulting to weasels though? LMAO!!!

Jules -- Hey Chica. Awwww I wish we could hear little Nick. I wonder what they are saying? lol. UGH my boss is so frustrating!!! Can u believe my boss has even made comments to other coworkers about the coworkers who were out SICK? Saying he was p.o.ed that they were out. I am like WTF do you expect? If he is ever sick, he keeps his behind at home!!! ARGH!! How R U? How is the little one? Teri? I hope all is well.

Cristina -- you feeling any better?? Get Well Vibes!!! That is cute, so what was your "prise" ???

Hi Susan Hi to Everybody else out there, I hope you are doing well!!!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #113  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday!

A quickie because I woke up at noon, feel like a teenager. I weighed and was happy to see a stable 166! I think I can get to 165 by Friday, I think I can, I think I can *sigh. This weight loss thing is so intense - lol
I found some multi vitamins that expire in 09 so I started taking them.

Dinner w/ McD last night he made some awesome beef stroganoff, he had his little recipe book out and was puttering around the kitchen like a pro (plus, cheese bread again (!!) yum.) I got to do the salad and I swear this was a 4 hour dinner and it was very nice to talk after a week of just emails. *sigh....and we watched a movie afterward and of course kissed and made out like rabbits in heat. lol It was fun.

Sassy - cute on the cat, I love mine. I don't think he has ever watched tv though. He likes to walk on me and settle close to my head and purr, I don't know what I would do without his company.

Jules - Thank you sooooo much for sharing the pictures!! Baby Nick is beautiful and his skin is soooo smooth, just have the urge to hold him.

It is nice here again today, warm enough for a walk in the park. I think I will do that before Gab gets home.

Hello to all the MIA's!! Chat later
Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 AM   #114  
~Believe~

Hey Gurls.

What a very very cold night/morning whatever it is!!! Its only 11 degrees here and they say with the windchill it feels more like 3 degrees!!! Schools were closing already at 11 pm!!! And our heat is acting up again. I don't know if its because it is so cold or what, but I am definitely going to have DH call the apt. office in the morning. I have the emergency heat on now.

Just had a conversation with DH on the phone about losing weight, seriously this time.........and he's all for it. Not sure how he wants to do it, Calorie Counting, WW's, or what, but he said he'd do it along with me.

I have a goal now, its kind of a high one too. Not sure if its even doable. See what you ladies think. I want to lose 100 lbs by the end of September, on our 10 yr Anniversary. Do you think it is possible if I really really really get serious? Be honest, I know I haven't done well at all in the past, but I am serious now. I think it was my last adventure with my back that did it. I am not doing it now for looks, I am doing it for my health and to live longer. I don't want to end up in a wheelchair in my 30's if I can help it.

So that is my plan. DH does the grocery shopping so he said he will stop buying the crap. He said we can have 1 small treat a week. I wanted 1 meal a week, but he said one treat is better..........So we'll have to work out the details.

I just feel awful that I have done this to myself. It totally disgusts me. I feel like a drug addict, only with food. There is an article in one of my magazines about emotional eating and it says that you need to discover why it is you eat emotionally so you can move on and deal with it in a different way. I haven't read it all completely yet, but that is the gist of it. I agree. I think, no I know my eating started out of boredom. I won't go into all the details, but I know that is where it all began, when I was a kid and I think I still do it to this day and its gotta stop.

I can substitute it for exercise or something else. Maybe take a class or something.

Anywho, that is that.

Oh DH said going into work tonight he saw our boss pulled over by a cop in the parking lot next to our co. Come to find out he was in a car accident (he is ok) and it MAY be his fault, we aren't 100% sure on that part yet.

Well that is about all for me.

Susan -- that is how I feel about my cat too, he is my companion, don't know what I do without the little bugger. lol. I talk to him all the time too. lol.

I hope you all are doing well!!

Old 02-11-2008, 02:20 AM   #115  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies.....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end. we "rented" SC3 off of On Demand on Sunday. The boys were really into it while they were watching it with daddy. I was putting their new dresser together. I sat down and watched it a little bit ago, and I thought it was cute.

As far as Brandon's evaluation, I was hoping for better results, but I just want to know what is the cause of his lack of speech. He was doing so well, and then we hit a bump in the road and he got derailed.

sorry for cutting this short, but I am trying to get through my email. get a couple of emails sent, read, and then off to bed! it has been really cold outside (last I saw it was 0 degrees), so our furnace is trying to keep up with the coldness.....but a little bit ago I noticed that the Filter button is flashing, so we need yet another new filter! (this is the third one so far this winter)

Jules~ That sounds like a really nice looking tattoo! Tommy is already talking about putting flames around his to form an armband. (so we won't have matching tattoos per say, but they will be close)

SuzieQ~ That is actually my third tattoo! I have a couple others that I want to get. One for sure is a matching tattoo with two of my best friends. (they hooked me and Tommy up along with my mom) What is it that they found with Gab? We were watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition on Sunday night, and Brandon was really getting in to it. He was making the motions and some sounds for what he wanted to get across. So.....I am going to talk to Early On again to see where we can go from here.

Sassy~ LMAO! Some people out there are meant to be weasels.....and some of them tend to be boss'! How are things going for you today?
Old 02-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #116  
kitty Momo

Please STOP and POST at thread #37!! See you there!!
Closed Thread