Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:24 AM   #76  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jane~ Thanks for that! I keep forgetting that even though he is huskier then Brandon, that he is still younger then him. Plus, I sat down a realized when I was on another board, that I don't spend as much time as I should (let alone Tommy doesn't either). There was a thread asking what was the last thing you did with your middle child by himself/herself.....and I couldn't think of anything! So, we need to work on that. I have found that if we both spend some time with him by himself, then he doesn't act out. I did spend some time with him while Brandon and Marissa were napping on Tuesday. Logan wanted nothing to do with napping, so I had to keep going into his room to put the toys back in the toy box and off the window sill, then I would spend a couple minutes with him, and then laid him back down. So, my main project to do now is to spend some time alone with just him and me so that we can work through this!
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Mindee - It is good to spend time with your middle one. When I married my now deceased hubby, he had 3 children we raised together. Our middle son was always acting up. One night when we were playing around with the children, I suddenly realized that Russ was feeling left out. From that day on, DH and I worked very hard to alwayds see to it that he did not feel left out. I didn't realize you were potty training the 2 year old. I wouldn't worry too much about him right now. I've heard good and bad about potty training a 2 year old. If he goes and stands in front of the potty and knows what to do, I suspect he is thinking about it and probably will surprise you one of these days by doing it on his own. If he see and knows big brother does it, he will want to follow suit.

Jane - Sorrry your internet was off. I wondered and missed you. Hope your day is better today.

We have a busy day as well... lots of running to do before church Bible Study tonight and after. Leaving around 3:30 or 4 and probably won't get home until around 9. So I probably won't be back online until late or even tomorrow.

Everybody had a great OP day!

Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 01-09-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:35 PM   #78  

Height: 5'1"

Fly by for me

I have 10mins. before I need to leave. Just wanted to pop in and say

I WILL be back on later tonight.

How is everyone doing now that the holidays are over? Getting back to exercising and eating your veggies and fruits?

Gotta go!

Last edited by Marti; 01-09-2008 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #79  

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies, I was hoping I could join your group. I have been following it for a few days, and I love the "family" feeling.

A short intro...will do the bio later:

I am 29 yo SAHM with 3 kids, I have been actively trying to lose weight, and eat healthier for three years. I did manage to lose about 20 pounds, then plateaued for a year, and gained it all back this last summer. I am writing down everything that goes in my mouth, and I am getting back to going to the gym on a regular basis. I am looking for some support, because the last thread I belonged to dwindled, and melted away(I wish it was like that for wt loss).

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #80  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies and a big to you ELLEN! Glad to have you aboard and looking forward to getting to know you. And of course you can join! We love having new people so just jump on in.

Mindee...oh, I don't know if there is a Valentine Challenge on here. I just saw that you mentioned it and thought that it was one here.

Jane...hope the weather is better today.

Trish...have fun at bible study.

Marti...you betcha! I am definitely on track and plan on keeping it that way. I am lucky I didn't gain thru the holidays. Of course being sick on Christmas Day was a big help, lol. Actually, I don't think I lost the 2 pounds just from throwing up, but I don't know.

Sassy...hoping all is well with you.

Jules...guess you are off enjoying being a grandmama! Give that little one lots of hugs and kisses from me!

Sue...guess you are still enjoying your mini-vaca. I know you are having a wonderful time.

Anywho...got my exercise in for the day and keeping my fingers for at least a pound down come WI. Getting some reading done too...Got bored with Eat, Pray, Love and put it down for a short while. Read a book called The Diving Bell and the Butterfly...excellent book, very inspiring to say the least. Now I am back to Eat, Pray, Love...she is in Indonesia and it's a little better. Will be finished with it tonight! Then starting another. Hoping to keep up with the goal of 3-4 books a month. Tomorrow I am going to Barnes & Noble and get a book for my reward for my first 20 pounds gone! Woohoo! Of course I've changed to smaller, 10 pound goals now so...won't be long before I get another little reward.

Have a good day!
Old 01-09-2008, 04:38 PM   #81  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Trish~ That is what I am trying to do with Logan. I try to let Brandon and Marissa sleep during their naps, if I know that Logan is awake. Then I will bring him out and spend some time with him. But lately Brandon hasn't been taking naps, so it was hard to spend some one on one time with Logan. So, I really need to get on the ball with that one. Right now, they are both sitting here at the dining room table with me and they are both coloring in their books they got from Santa. We are not full blown trying to potty train Logan. He is just testing the waters, so to speak, by watching Brandon.

Marti~ I am actually getting back into the swing of things....in fact I finally remembered what exercising was! (and for once I enjoy doing it!)

Ellen~ Welcome to the group!!! Nice to meet you! I am Mindee, and also a SAHM to three kids. I too, am writing every thing down and working out with a workout DVD at home. I am getting the Turbo Jam work out system within the next couple of months when we get our money situation straightened out.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM   #82  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

A big to Ellen, my western neighbor! (I'm from southern Indiana) We're glad you've joined us, and yes, we're like one big ol' family here.

I am still having trouble staying OP - I thought I had it under control, but obviously I do not. Oink, oink!

Katie's wedding is exactly 7 months from today, and there is still so much up in the air. Most of the reception halls are already booked. Plus, Clint's aunt is going to be giving me some trouble, I think. The church where she wants the wedding held is simply too small, but she's insisting we can all squeeze in there! Yikes! I told her we'd just leave it up to the kids, since it's their wedding.

BBL,
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 PM   #83  
ugggg.....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...fromshare&Ux=0
Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 PM   #84  
ugggg.....

Boy...you guys have been busy posting and I have been enjoying being grandma!!!
I am totally in love!! I will catch up on individuals with the next go round!!
Special welcome to upswife!!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #85  

Ellen to our group. I love this group because of that family feeling you get here. I haven't found that in too many other groups. These ladies are really great. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Jane - Sorry about the problems with your aunt. Hope the kids will choose what is best for them and what they want. Some times it is hard to say no to people we love and then later wish we had.

We enjoyed the Bible study. A few of the oldies were there, but a lot of new faces. We met a really nice new couple and visited with them during dinner. I even did really good eating. I only ate a helping of the BBQ and cole slaw. DH got me ice water to drink. So over all I have really had a good OP day.

See y'all tomorrow.

Good night
Trish
Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM   #86  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Wow, three days OP. That's a biggie for me!! Haven't started with much exercise but at least eating right.

Jane--What is the date of the wedding. My son is getting married Nov 15th. And yes, I got the WW bars at the meeting. Don't think they sell them in the regular grocery store.

Jules--Your granson is darling. I loved the pics. Congrats again and enjoy being a Grandma!

Ellen--Welcome!!!

My dh is in Lake Charles, LA on a business trip for 3 days so no cooking for me. Just doing WW meals and salads, soup, fruit etc. Gotta work the next 2 days and it seems like everyone is bringing in all their junk food and piling it up in the conference room including me. I still have tons of chocolate to get rid of. Someone gave my dh a tower of Hershey's for a xmas gift so that is heading to work with me tomorrow. I won't put it out until I leave and then let night shift devour it. Well, I'm off to iron uniforms for work, shower and hit the bed. Till then......

Last edited by sz2atheart; 01-09-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #87  

Jules - I am so happy for you. You make me want to see my Grandbabies. Such a sweet picture of Little Dominick.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:36 PM   #88  

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Jules~I caught myself up on how long your Grand baby took to get here. He is so adorable. The pics are so special and sweet!

Jane~Take it one day at a time, wedding and food, for this too shall pass. I hope you didn't have the nasty weather that came thru here on Monday. We did pretty well, except our back yard seems to be underwater.

Mindee~I have seen the Turbo Jam, it looks great...I just knew it was too much for me to handle. I did the work out at home, but the kiddies got underfoot...literally! Thankfully our gym has awesome child care and they love going. I still do some yoga at home,because only one is home during the day and I can get her to play preschool games on the comp for a little bit.

Christina~So nice to see another avid reader! Although lately I have been doing relaxing reading, nothing high powered that I have to think too much about. I will have to look up some of the books you mentioned, they sound nice.

I really blew it with dinner today, I waited too long to eat. so now I feel the guilt, but I will start anew tomorrow. Also have to make it to the gym in the morning, I have a friend coming by for dinner...we lost contact about 7 yrs ago, and we got reconnected right before the holidays. The funny part is that we both have moved from Chicago(where we grew up) to a suburb about 40 mi away. so for the last 4yrs we have only lived about 5 miles from each other.well, gotta run and get settled for bed. ((hugs))
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 PM   #89  

Trish and tammy thank you for the warm welcome!
Old 01-10-2008, 12:43 AM   #90  

Height: 5'1"

Welcome Ellen! Happy to have you join our "family".
This is a great group of girls whom I have grown to care for. You'll just love it here.

Ladies...I must apologize in advance, but this has to be a quicky for me. I've been on and off the computer since I got off work and time is just getting away from me....I need to get my butt moving on the treadmill before it gets too late!

I will eventually slow down and catch up on indi's but until then, you all have a good night!

Hugs to each of you!
Closed Thread