Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM   #46  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Cristina - I guess I'm going to have to google this tj thingy, and see what it's all about. Sounds pretty intense. If Katie and Clint don't get busy making their decisions where to have the reception, there won't be one available on Aug. 9! They're checking out a place today - a church and hall that his mom knows about.

Jules - woohoo! I'm so happy to know they're both fine. How does it feel to be a grandma?

Trish - good to see you! How are you liking the laptop by now?

Mindee - what's on your agenda for the weekend?

Hi to everyone else. Madison is here with me today, but she's on the extra computer, playing at pbskids.org. Lots of fun stuff there. She helped me make fruit salad, which is taking the edge off my sugar cravings.

Not much going on this weekend, except we're having a going away party at church tomorrow for our youth minister and his family. I have to help with that. I'm going to make a big pot of chili today, for tomorrow.

Later,
Old 01-05-2008, 03:02 PM   #47  

Height: 5'1"

Jules--Congratulation grandma!! I'm so looking forward to seeing pictures!

Jane--I'm not having problems w/the sweets, I'm having problems w/the evil carbs! But I'm doing better and I'm hoping to see at least a little lower weight by next Friday.

Cristina--I was thinking how 75mins of exercise is so much... then I realized that when I go to the gym w/my hubby...we're there for 2 hours! Time does fly when your there though so it's all good. You're going to do fabulous!

Trish--How are you doing? Enjoying that laptop?

Mindee--So have you made the decision to get the TJ DVD's? (or have you already purchased them and are just waiting?)

Hello to all the rest of you gals.

Got late start today. Stayed up way to late last night, think it was 3:45 last time I looked at the clock!

Not sure what is planned for the day kind of undecided. Not sure if the gym is in our plans for the day, I'm ready if it is. Thinking of maybe going bowling....just don't know!

I should probably get ready for something! So off I go.

You all have a great weekend.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #48  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Kind of got sidetracked as I do often when I am on, lol. I try to do things in between posting at times.

MARTI...you are right! I'll start exercising and if I have good music the time just flies by. I don't think I could do 2 hours though, yikes! I did do 90 minutes today so kind of close. But I don't really care to do more than that. if I get 45 mns in that is great for me but I aim a little higher now days.

JANE...as fast as these months are going by August will be here before we know it. Chili sounds good today but it's tacos/taco salad for us tonight. I did get some pinto beans and tomato sauce yesterday though for some, sometimethis week, next week. Sorry your youth minister and family are leaving...they will appreciate the chili.

MINDEE...yes, it came with the gloves. I thought it was going to be 5 individual dvd's but it is only 3. There's two in the one which is the Learn & Burn, 20 Minute, Turbo Jam, Cardio Party and AB Jam and the the other one is Punch, Kick & Jam...that's the one I have yet to watch. It also came with a tape measure and a card to post your measurements should you do the 10 day plan. A Turbo Results guidebook and the Turbo Slim 10-Day Kick Start.

Anywho...hello to everyone else

JULES...how's the grandma doing today? And the mommy and her bundle of joy? Hope you are able to share some pictures soon...can't wait to seem little Dominick.

Nothing much going on today. I did get in my exercise, 90 minutes I am very happy...I made my second 10 pound goal today! I can't tell you guys how happy that makes me. Ain't no stoppin' me now! I was so afraid of WI this morning for fear of either being the same or gaining. And no Susan...we can't share my exercise minutes That's something ya gotta earn on your own missy. Anyway, just had to share the good news.

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #49  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Good Evening Ladies and Happy New Year!

I got a great jump start on my diet with a 36 hr stomach flu!!! What a way to lose a few lbs. Still not much of an appetite today but plan on making an appearance to WW on Monday and going to try to get back to my usual class on Sunday morning. I love that instructor but it's hard to get up on Sunday when you want to sleep in. If I was always up that early on Sun, then I would be getting my butt to church Trying to rid the house of "toxic food" as Jane would say and did grocery shopping with dh today for my usual diet staples. I gained 5 lbs over the holiday but lost some over the past few days in the bathroom Work has been busy with high respiratory season upon us.

Marti--We are the same weight & height (I'll change my weight on my tracker when I weigh in at WW on Mon.) so I'll challenge you on those 20 lbs. I've got two weddings coming up over the next 18 mo so I've got to get in shape.

Jules-- Congrats and welcome to little Dominick!! Even though I haven't been on here much over the holiday, I have been sneaking a peak while I've been at work to see if he has arrived yet. (can't post anything at work)

Not much else going on. Have all the holiday stuff packed up and getting into the deep clean and de-clutter, new-year mode. I have a huge storage area in my basement (under my sunroom) that is wall to wall shelving that most people would die to have and it looks like a salvation army drop off site. I really need to get it re-organized. Hopefully that will keep me out of the kitchen and pantry!!

Hugs to everyone else. Now that the holidays are over and I'm back in full swing with my diet, I hope to be a bit more chatty. Now, I'm off to make some dinner. See ya!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #50  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jules,,,congratulations on being a Grandma....Master D, is quite a big boy already. 8-11

Not much happening around here,,,Just checking to see about our newest Jaded Baby arrival.

Hope all are having a wonderful weekend...I call it catch up days. Not that i caught much today. Tanner and his theatre.
ttfn
Old 01-06-2008, 02:11 AM   #51  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....like usual! just checking my email and doing some putzing around online.

Jane~ Did you google TJ yet? It looks like it is really interesting and I have been wanting something to boost up my exercise and to make it so that it doesn't feel like I am exercising, but that I am having fun! we don't have anything on our agenda this weekend. Tommy didn't get a check this week because they are putting all the holiday hours and the two days that he worked last week on his check next week. So, besides grocery shopping this past Friday, there wasn't anything on the agenda except for staying home!

Marti~ Yup, I have made my decision and I am going to get the Turbo Jam DVD's. I just have to wait for the money....which will hopefully we next month when we get our taxes done!

Cristina~ That is I think the package that was advertised on the infomercial, and the one that is listed on the Turbo Jame website! I am hoping that that is the one that I get! I am not really sure if I would be up for doing the 10 day plan. I might like you watch them first, and then go from there. I just don't want to burn myself out too quickly, YKWIM?

Tammy~ My goodness! I sure hope that you are feeling better soon! I did some shopping for some diet staples as well. (If you ask Tommy, I went a little over board with them. But hey, i usually don't buy enough, so this time I made sure that I bought enough for lunches and what not)

Angelia~ How are you doing in the great white north?
Old 01-06-2008, 02:24 AM   #52  

Evening ladies..

Snowed here today. Didn't see it in the forecast so it was a surprise.

Cristina--Congrats on reaching your second 10lbs lost! That's great! So happy for you. Things like that just keep a person motivated. Keep up the great work!

Tammy--Oooohh...a challenge eh? You're a bit taller (I'm actually 5 3/4 but 5'1" sound better) and you're lighter than I am. But together, this year, we'll lose our 20lbs! Hope you're feeling better.

Angie--How is Tanner's theatre going? Chat more when you get more time.

Mindee--Have you tried seeing if there is any tapes you can rent like at block buster or somewhere so maybe you can try them before you buy? I've seen many exercise tapes out there maybe TJ is one of them.

Evening to the rest of ya.

Something I ate today is NOT agreeing w/me. Making me rebel towards exercise but I'm ready to get it over with and clock in some workout time. Will not let a tummy ache stop me.

Better get going. You all have a good night!
Old 01-06-2008, 10:11 AM   #53  
ugggg.....

Attachment 28045

Baby Dominick--more pics to come later. We were all so exhausted that we just didn't take alot of pics...Geneva took the most and will be getting copies for us. Teri & family are coming home today and she wants macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes & peas. Will get more pics today.

Last edited by jules1216; 05-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:40 PM   #54  

Good Afternoon ladies!

Jules--Awww.....Dominick is adorable! Can't wait to see more of him. I just love seeing brand new babies! I love that new baby smell.

today is a lazy catch up on laundry day. Stayed up way to late (again) playing that darn Guitar Hero!

Only a week and 2 days and I get 5 days off!

Have a lovely Sunday!
Old 01-06-2008, 03:08 PM   #55  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

Marti...thanks!

Tammy...hope you get to feeling better.

Mindee...I do know what you mean...I often wonder if I will burn out but so far, so good!

Jules...aaahhhh, give that baby lots of hugs and kisses from me! He is quite the cutie pie! Can't wait to see more pics.

Nothing much going on wit h me today. Going to watch my dvds and do a sort of walk thru with them. Starting it tomorrow and I will be happy to do something different. Have a good day!
Old 01-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #56  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

nothing new on this end....just hanging out around the house. the boys got grounded today and tomorrow, so that means no special treats. (ie. no special movies, no special treats, no going outside)

Jules~ What a handsome big boy!!! How is Teri liking motherhood?

Marti~ I will have to check into that!
Old 01-06-2008, 07:29 PM   #57  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti - how's your tummy? Hope you aren't getting the intestinal flu, or anything. What do you have planned for your 5 days off?

Cristina - yay for you making your next 10 pound goal. You're doing great.

Tammy - yay for your recommittment to WW! It really is a do-able program. I'm feeling a lot more in control now.

Angie - what play is Tanner doing now? Are you helping with the set?

Mindee - yep, I googled the TJ stuff, and first of all, there were so many different types. Also, I believe it would kill me, lol.

Jules - OMG, I just want to snuggle that little bundle! He's just perfect! I bet he smells good.

Hello to anyone else reading this.

I've been taking it easy, after church today. I'm re-reading The King of Torts by John Grisham, and it sure is a good one! You'd think I'd remember it all, but I don't, lol.

I'm doing better with the food. Not perfect, but better. Tomorrow my exercise is going to be completely cleaning and scrubbing my living room and dining room, where Katie's cat has been. Mary is so allergic to the cat dander, she broke out in hives, even in her ears and the bottoms of her feet. Poor girl! We just found out this evening what caused it, so that's why I didn't already begin. I may even have to have the carpets and furniture professionally cleaned.

Have a good one, ladies.

Last edited by Jane; 01-06-2008 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #58  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Good evening ladies. It was a little warmer here today, but I didn't venture outside due to RAIN.
Just finishing packing for our mini-trip tomorrow. DH and I will leave in the a.m. and be back Wed. evening. Should be fun.
I have been playing with my computer most of the afternoon. DS called and I asked him some questions about my new monitor and he helped me set up some different sizes to things. The web pages still had very small printing, and at my age I need bold, not tiny. So, I adjusted and re- adjusted until I got something I am happy with. Trouble is that when I go from here to hotmail the hotmail is small again...grrr. Regardless, I do like my new larger monitor.

Jules- Yay, and congrats! I know you are all just beaming. Enjoy your baby boy "grand."

Jane- Ugh for Mary being allergic to the cat. No fun for her I am sure. And no fun for you cleaning all the area the cat had been. What a chore. We are going to French Lick....have you been there?

Cristina- You are doing so well. I am very proud of you gal. I wish my lightbulb moment would hurry up and arrive. (I know, I know...I am a procrastinator)

Tammy, Angie, Mindee, Marti, Sassy...Hope you all have a wonderful week and that we all can get on track for 2008.
I had been feeling low for a few days and then someone said to me "some days you are the bug and some days you are the windshield." Kinda made me smile.

Talk to you gals Wed. night or Thurs.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:08 PM   #59  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey all,

Its warm here today. Still is 60 degrees! Making people sick though. My DH is sick. He is at work and has a fever and vomited all over the floor. I told him to call our boss and that way he is covered if he wants to come home. He wants to try to stick it out.

So I just hope that I don't get it because I have 3 nights this week to get through (M-W) I don't wanna be using any of my personal time on being sick......

Congrat's Jules!!

Well that is about it.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:46 AM   #60  

hello ladies...how is every one doing?

nothing new on this end......just working with Brandon on potty training. we were talking at dinner time about looking on walmart.com for a new bike on the condition that he needed to be potty trained in order to get it. Then Logan pointed to himself and did his arm gesture that means Thomas the tank engine. And I told him "yeah if you get potty trained too, then we can get you something with Thomas the train." Then Tommy says "maybe we will get you a big Thomas the tank engine train set." Then Logan pointed at Marissa, and I told him that she still has plenty of time before sissy starts to go potty on the potty.

Cristina~ Great job on hitting your goals! I am going to switch things up on my signature so that it looks a little smaller then it is! Let me know how the turboing goes!!!!

Sassy~ How are you doing? I hope you don't get sick!
Closed Thread