Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #76  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Jules~ I hope little Dominick decides to come soon! Is Teri getting into the uncomfortable phase yet? I was so ready for Logan to be born on his due date, but he had other plans! He waited 8 days and then was born on his uncle's birthday.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:08 AM   #77  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Chicks.

Hi Chicks.

I think Mother Nature is going through the Change. lol. Cuz today it was 64 degrees! It is still in the 50's!! Tomorrow/Today/Whatever is supposed to be warm too, almost 60. Then Thursday it goes down to 41 and chance of snow and Friday down to 38! Geesh. lol

My Job Angel (J.A.) came to my rescue again today! I got an email from my boss, I made a boo-boo and so I asked my J.A how I should respond. So he IM'd me what to email to my boss! lol. So I still have not gotten him his chocolate yet, but I gave him a home-made pb cookie that another agent here made and insisted that I come and get some, she said, "It is the least we can do for all the things you do for us." I thought that was sweet, so I had DH run down to get a couple. A couple -- he came back with a plate full! lol. But never fear, I shared with my co-workers. I only ate 2 cookies.

I was thinking I may just send my J.A. a nice email, thanking him for everything he has done for me and our team. I still plan on getting him some chocolate as well, but I just want to let him know that he is making a difference, at least to me! I know we all like to hear that "hey your doing a good job and I appreciate you." It makes you feel good.

I really really wish I had requested tonight (Wed. Night) off, but oh well........lol. Still not sure on Christmas Eve & Christmas yet. He put out the Christmas Schedule and I'm not on it, but nobody is on my shift, so I think he's waiting to talk to my counter part first. But I have no idea about Christmas Eve. I told DH if I have to work Christmas Eve, I may as well work Christmas and See if I can just get the day after off instead. But we'll see....

Mindee -- that is scary about the bank, I hope it gets worked out. WTG to Tommy on going to school! I know it will be a very tough 6 mos for all of you, but like you said, it will be worth it when he is finished. I even told my DH that I posted the link to the house on here and you all said you liked it and thought it was a good deal. All he said to that was, "yes it is a good deal"....... Men........lol.

Cristina -- UGH you need some of our weather we've been having. Its been in the 60's here. I hope your sucky weather passes!!!

Jules -- Hoping the little one comes soon......

Hi Susan UGH you haven't changed your myspace yet? Geez woman get with the times! lol. Just teasin ya. lol.

Big to all.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:25 PM   #78  
ugggg.....

Mindee--she's not too uncomfortable--she has days where she feels pressure more than others

Sassy-I am the only one working Christmas Eve--two of the ladies have grandkids coming in from out of town to enjoy and will actuall be off all week. The phone is going to have a closed message both Monday & Tuesday so I should be fine. I already told my big boss that if the baby comes I am gone to the hospital!!

It looks like the snow and ice are moving to the east coast--it actually is calling for maybe ice/sleet/rain starting after midnight (I'm hoping for rain only) and then it's suppossed to be nasty this weekend unless a warm front from the south hits at the same time and then it will be rain
Old 12-13-2007, 01:41 AM   #79  

nothing new on this end.....just checking my email and putzing around online. right now I am adding some songs to my playlist. Brandon is very excited for Tommy to go back to school. I think it is more so because daddy keeps telling him that now he will be able to buy him, Logan and Marissa anything that they want!

Sassy~ That is good to hear that you are not on schedule as of yet! I have to agree with the men comment. I get that from Tommy a lot! It was warmer here on Wednesday then it is suppose to be in the coming week! We are suppose to go down into the 20's on Friday, and then back up to the 30's either Saturday or Sunday....then back into the 20's.

we are taking the kids to see Santa on Saturday and Sunday. The place where my in-law's used to camp (and where we met) is having their kids Christmas party on Saturday and then Tommy's lodge Christmas party is on Sunday.

Jules~ I can't wait to see pictures of little Dominick!
Old 12-13-2007, 05:54 PM   #80  
kitty Momo

Can you believe tomorrow is already Friday! The week went by way too fast. My box of Christmas cards still sit on the table!

Sassy - I guess I will have to go back and read more on the house, was there a picture?? Very sweet about your JA. I want to pop in and see my old assistant and give her a gift. Having supportive people in the workplace means a lot.

Mindee - Bravo to Tommy and the schoo! Sounds like a challenge but I am sure you both will be fine. psssst, you can drink, we won't tell - lol

Jules - Hugs to you and Teri!

Cristina -How are you?? Almost done with Christmas shopping? Thank you so much for the card! Did I thank you already? I don't remember, way too much happening at once. Hope Josh is well and I bet you will be happy to see him again for the New Years.

Katy - Did you get the tree up? Gab is almost over her cold, I have cabin fever, I hate being stuck inside w/ her.

Hi to Michelle and Sue!

I have to rush and get Beck. My eating is good this week but haven't exercised much. Ok, not at all and is any wonder no movement on the scale??
*sigh.....I better go. Try and check in later.

Hugs to you all
Old 12-13-2007, 06:39 PM   #81  
kitty Momo

See, I promised I would be back. haha

Jules - All my daughters were born on or a day behind their due date. I thought it was suppose to be like that. lol I can deal with anything as long as I have a date that it will end. Gab's was I think early though. My water broke in the morning and I laid on the couch all day - finally M told me he was going to take a nap and let him know when I was ready .....whatEVER,,,,,no one is taking a nap! I said I was ready so we headed for the hospital and she was born like 5 hours later.

Mindee - Yay for Santa pictures! I will try with Gab but she is scared of Santa and the Easter bunny. All my holiday photos have me holding her on my lap with some odd ball next to us. lol

So, I have been with a sick child all week. Gab has been sneezing and coughing. She went back to school yesterday. Can you believe she came home today with the work that she missed. She has to do it and I need to send back. argh.....Spanish class is on hold right now. I guess only 4 enrolled and they need 10 for the class.

Rach has gone to school 3 days in a row, so cross fingers! She is hard to have in the house, very stressful and I can't sleep very well.

I guess that is it. The only misc fun thing is I met a man on line *eyes roll* and omg......he lives on the street over from me...how cool is that? He was asking to get together this weekend but I said no I have shopping to do.....next weekend for sure! He is a counselor at the community college and seems mentally stable. Not that that matters,,,, lol

k - off I cook to cook dinner. I have been making some wonderful soups all week. Last night was lima bean w/ ham,carrots and onion. It was soooo yummy, especially in the cold weather.

chat at you all later!!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 PM   #82  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--I went into labor with Ry on my actual due date but he waited until 1:23 am to be born the next day on April 1. Teri was perfectly content in the "grow womb" she was almost two weeks over when they finally induced me!!

Mindee--maybe there will be pictures of Dominick on Santas lap next year!!

Hey there Cristina, Katie, Sassy & Sue!!

Teri got her cell stolen today--she said what kind of person steals a phone from a very pregnant girl....she has insurance so she will have a replacement sent but that doesn't replace hers with all the pictures and numbers she had stored...

The girls gave me a grandma shower at work today..it was really nice..they had all kinds of "baby" foods, baby carrots and corn & tiny pickles, mini muffins & brownies, little pretzels & mini ritz crackers & the little cans of Sprite...it was fun!!
Old 12-13-2007, 11:51 PM   #83  

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

well, Tommy got a call from the lady from the school. He had his mom give her information to become his co-signer. Well, according to the lady his mom can't do it. So, he called his brother who said that he would do it, and so we shall hopefully (fingers crossed) find out on Friday!

other then that, nothing really new! Although, I do have to add that little Miss Marissa, decided today that she was going to become mobile on me! She was playing on the floor like she usually does, and she got up on her hands and knees. She then got so excited that she went backwards! (I am going to put the one picture that she let me take of her as my avatar)

SuzyQ~ I had nothing better to do last Saturday night while watching the Grinch on tv. So, the Christmas cards went into the mailbox, some of the kids presents got wrapped, I did the check book, and got all three kids to bed. I thought for certain last year that the boys, or at least Logan, was going to take issue with Santa. But surprisingly they were both fine! In fact, Brandon wouldn't leave him alone.

Jules~ That sounds great about the grandma shower! That sucks about Teri getting her cell phone stolen. Does she know who stole it?
Old 12-14-2007, 02:31 PM   #84  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...a new man in your life, eh? I think that is great and I hope he is a keeper. WTG to Rachel, heres to more days of staying in school.

MINDEE...if this doesn't work out, DON'T give up! Tell Tommy to find out about other student loans...there's too many out there to just give up after one!

JULES...that sux...I've never had a phone stolen but the kids have lost theirs, Josh and Jason...Jason is the worst. He had one on the dash of his car once and turned the corner and it flew out the window, ! Goofy kid...didn't even bother pulling over to look for it, just went and got another. I am too paranoid I guess...I freak over the thought of someone getting or having my info. How is she feeling today?

Hello to everyone else

I officially have all my shopping done and almost everything for our Christmas Eve dinner. Need to check my menu to see what else needs to be bought. Of course bananas for the waldorf salad will be last. I can't believe that Christmas is almost here, yikes!

Have a good one!
Old 12-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #85  
kitty Momo

Omg - I don't what to hear you are all set for Christmas Cristina!! lol omg,omg,omg.

Gab's teacher emailed asking for homework and such. I feel so much pressure, I can't do it if the kid is sick or tired and she is here and there on her weekends. Impossible. We have a life! lol

Mindee - Crossing fingers for good news in the $$ issues.

Jules - Very cute on the *grandma shower* at work!

Cristina - Rach is hanging in there. I might get her to go to a church Christmas program tonight after M gets Gab for the weekend. I have no man in my life - lol I don't, I don't, I don't. Just emails that keep my mind off my stresses.

I better run! Payday (not that I work - lol) and I have bills to pay.

chat later.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:26 PM   #86  
~Believe~

Hi all.

Well as far as I know I am off on Christmas. He put out the schedule and I'm not on it. Although I wish now that I could work, we could really use the extra $$. But don't think he will let me now. He has a skeleton crew and I doubt he'd want to pay an additional person time and a half when he doesn't have too.

I think DH is gonna ask the guy who is on the schedule if he would like the night off and he could work. We're just really really tight in the financial area right now. I know there are people who have it A LOT worse than us, so I'm not complaining, just stating a fact.

Anyways. My DH was really really bummed about his bday on Tuesday. Nobody remembered his bday except for my mom, his parents, our insurance agent, our car dealership and me. None of his friends. He was really bummed because our insurance agent and car dealership remembered and his friends did not. So whenever we ever do get caught up financially, I think we are going to have to have a night out together, as we haven't been out since my bday in September.

I feel really bad for him because he was so worried about our finances and bills that he couldn't sleep today and so he has to work 14 hours tonight with no sleep. For once I did not worry and he did. I mean I am concerned, but we have been in a lot worse places financially than we are right now and I know we'll get through it, just have to be patient, but I know with this time of year and all, it bums DH out.

Plus I think it goes back to that thing with men and the "providing" thing, even though this is the modern ages and women have contributed financially for many many years now, I think deep down some men at least, still have that "providing" thing.

Oh I did email my J.A., just a simple thank-you email, I haven't checked my work mail, my DH has and I don't think there was anything there, but I'm sure my J.A appreciated it.

Well anyways, I hope you all are doing well and are ready for the holidays.

Big

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 12-14-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:33 PM   #87  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lots of hugs Sassy Sorry things are tight for you guys right now, but like you said, it could be worse. And, so sorry DH friends forgot his BD, that's terrible, hugs to him.

Susan...yeah, you know if a kid is home sick I don't understand how they are supposed to do homework...they should give them extra time after they go back to school but not while home sick. Glad Rachel is doing well.

I'm just back for a few minutes...got in 6 miles today! That is a first and most likely a last! I was cold and just kept walking to stay warm, lol. The chili in the crockpot is smelling good too...gotta make some cornbread muffins and it is done!

Have a good weekend ladies!

Oh, no snow as of yet but it is headed our way...they are calling for 4-7 inches of the white stuff, ugh! Ciao
Old 12-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #88  
ugggg.....

Mindee--Marissa is getting so big. Our friends little boy tears around the house in his walker.

Cristina--Teri is more like you and me--she was worried about her pictures and all the numbers (see my update on her phone!)

SuzyQ--the right guy will come sometime...glad Rach is giving you a little bit of a break...I can relate Ry gave us a fit during his rebel years. I still can't believe he is thinking about moving to Oregon!!

Sassy--Hugs to hubby from me!!

Katy--where are you girly!!

Update on the phone--she found it--not sure what we are going to do, this phone was a replacement for a brand new phone she got last Christmas that had the screen malfunction after less than 4 months. The replacement phone has always had roblems with reception and when we complained we were told there was nothing we could do about it. I think I am going to have Teri try out the new one that is being sent and see if it does any better before we decide to sent one back.

Teri is having some contractions today. Nothing real hard or even regular. I told her to start writing them down. Hubby says watch her have him in the middle of the ice storm that is suppossed to start tomorrow afternoon. He teased me that he will drive me the 25 miles to the hospital on our tractor!!
Old 12-14-2007, 10:33 PM   #89  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina- Kuddos to you for having everything done for Christmas. I got my shopping and most of the wrapping finished today. I have the menu planned for Christmas Eve, but nothing ready. DH did go buy everything today. We do snack type foods all afternoon and evening as the kids come and go. It is easier, but also easier to graze and eat too much.

Sassy- Hate to hear that things are tight. I know about that for sure. Happy late BD to your hubby. Will you spend time with your Mom next week?

Susan- Glad to hear Rach is doing better. I hope Gabby is feeling lots better. Will she be gone with M all week-end? There is your free time lady! Enjoy!

Mindee- Cute that Marissa is going backwards. I think they all do that, but look-out when she learns to take off in the right direction. Hope you got good news about the loan. I agree with Cristina...don't let him give up.

Jules- Wow, good to hear Teri got the phone back. Hope her contractions don't decide to get going during the ice storm. I can just see you and DH on the tractor....you could wave a baby blue blanket for a flag. Lol. Has Ry made any more plans to move to Oregon? DOes he have friends there? When my DS picked up and moved West his half brother was already there, so it was cool for him. Not so cool for my empty nest though. Hey, I adjusted quickly.

Katy- Come out, come out....I know you are one busy lady, but hi anyway!

We are expecting a huge storm, so our hatches are battened down. Whatever that means. But, if there were hatches my very capable DH would have them battened. ha..ha.. Hope you all stay safe and warm. I will be indoors for sure and maybe pedaling my bike in front of the tv in DH's workshop. He made a rack for the bike so I can ride it indoors. How cool is that?
Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 PM   #90  
~Believe~

Unhappy Blue Christmas.........

Hi all.

TY for all your kind thoughts. We will survive, we've been through a lot worse. But DH just told me that MIL called him crying, I guess FIL is not doing well. Dunno if I told you or not, but he has been having lots of problems with is leg, well they found out he broke it and he was walking around on it without knowing it was broke, so of course that made it worse. Well he is a very bad Diabetic as well as other health probs and he now has really bad sores and of course they aren't healing as quickly since he's a Diabetic and all, MIL is concerned and thinks they may have to amputate his leg. That is probably the extreme, but my MIL is a retired ICU nurse, so its not like she doesn't know what she is talking about, even though yes it is her husband and all. So we're just praying that everything heals well and he gets better.

DH told MIL we will come there for Christmas since they really can't get out. FIL can't drive and neither can MIL and we wouldn't want them too. I told DH to tell her that we can even stop by the grocery store and just pick up a meal there from the Deli or something. I just don't want them to think they have to cook a big meal or anything.

DH wants to go over next Thursday to visit with them a bit. FIL is getting cabin fever, so DH thinks a visit from us may help a little.

My mom has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas, so we probably won't get to see her until Springtime now. Oh well hopefully by next summer she will be living with us anyway!!!

Well that is all from my end. I know I am just a bundle of joyous news, aren't I? lol. I even added "Blue Christmas" on my myspace page. lol.............Dramatic, aren't I? lol.

Big to all.
Closed Thread