Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 03:31 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

What brand is that Melissa? That's sound simple and sooo easy for most of us to slip in a little extra protein!
Old 11-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #62  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I work at a Fast Pace Fitness Gym/ Thin and Healthy Total Solution center and we sell it there. It's called Proti 15, "naturally flavored wildberry passion drink mix." You might be able to order it online, if I find out where I'll be sure to let you know.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:37 PM   #63  

Thanks honey!

A coupla pages ago, someone asked what exercises we're doing. I'm having a hoot right now. I'm fiddling with internet radio. I have a set of 10 lb dumbells handy for slow songs and my dancin' feet for the rest. Fun! and probably about 300 cals per hour.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:24 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Melissa, thanks for the protein tea recommendation! I will have to try it... sounds good and un-butt-like

My girlfriend keeps telling me how nice my abs are, but I think she is seeing it through lover's eyes. How she completely ignores the cottage cheese around my belly button is beyond me. I have a photo shoot scheduled for January, so some irrationally optimistic part of me is hoping that the nasty loose skin will tighten up by then, but I doubt it. Oh well, there is always airbrushing.

So goinforthegold, your icon pic inspired me to take a picture of my own back. Your back puts my back to shaaaame, girl!

Ok, I know I look like I'm groping myself.
...and is it just me, or am I really, truly, genuinely big boned?

Attachment 27641
Attachment 27639
Attachment 27640

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 01-17-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2007, 11:42 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 153.5/107.5/105

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
My girlfriend keeps telling me how nice my abs are, but I think she is seeing it through lover's eyes. How she completely ignores the cottage cheese around my belly button is beyond me. I have a photo shoot scheduled for January, so some irrationally optimistic part of me is hoping that the nasty loose skin will tighten up by then, but I doubt it. Oh well, there is always airbrushing.

So goinforthegold, your icon pic inspired me to take a picture of my own back. Your back puts my back to shaaaame, girl!

Ok, I know I look like I'm groping myself.
...and is it just me, or am I really, truly, genuinely big boned?

Attachment 27641
Attachment 27639
Attachment 27640
I know what you mean, my dh will (rarely mind you) say something nice and I don't believe him b/c I figure he has to say that or he knows he's not going to be getting any.

I think your back looks great!! At least you have curves, like a woman should!! *sigh* Why are we always so hard on ourselves?

Oh, oh, on the photo shoot...I have the PERFECT pose for faking an amazing mid section!! Lay upside down on stairs or something else on a decline. Gravity takes everything...but in a good way. When I did the pics for dh last month the guy had me do this and it turned out amazing!! I'll pm you the pic if you aren't sure what I mean. I'll cover the "bits" and "pieces" *rofl* but I still wouldn't feel comfortable posting it publically.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #66  

HEEE, I like that pose idea! I'd love to see the pic - you should definitely PM it to me. I bet it looks AWESOME and you have curves, too... seriously... we are always our own worst critics though. Despite hating parts of me, I actually have my moments where I admire my body, but also ANYTHING is better than the BLOB I was pre-weight-loss

The photographer I'm going to be working with has taken pics of my girlfriend and they've turned out amazing. HOWEVER, my girlfriend is 5'10" and 125 pounds and already has modeling gigs. I used to do my fair share of modeling back when I was thin, but it's been awhile now. I'm sort of nervous, really.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:17 PM   #67  

Ok, pic coming now...wait until you see my abs in it...you'll want to live your life upside down. *rofl*
Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM   #68  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 121/121/110

Height: 5'0

Hi Ladies, do you mind if I butt in??

You all seem to have the same goals as I do. I am starting my gung-hoe 6 week work out/nutrition plan and wanted to start a challenge thread but would rather do it with some company.

NightengaleShane: I just wanted to say that you have definately made progress since your first ab shot at the start of the thread! I don't want to lose my post by clicking the back button, but it hasn't even been that long has it?? Kudos to you for sticking with this as long as you have.

About loose skin, have you considered body brushing? You know those natural looking long handled brushes that you see in the health food store or in the bath and body section? If you brush your whole body with one of those every morning it will tighten you right up! Not to mention that your skin will get really really soft ( I have people at work come up and rub my arms because they are soo soft) and you wont even need to use soap on it any more. I know it sounds funky but is true....

goinforthegold: what in the heck do you eat, mama? Are you low carb for the most part? I want to ride what ever train you are on!

Last edited by kriyakiza; 11-19-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #69  

LOL, thank you. That's sweet! Actually, I'm about the worst role model for eating that you could find. I did really well the first few months, I wasn't really doing low carb, but I increased my protein from lean sources and only ate good quality complex carbs...but not really a lot of them. Then I spent the past few months binging/starving/binging/starving...etc. *sigh* Now, I'm trying to get my act together again and eat clean without binging and without starving. Lots of protein, lots of veggies, some good fats, and good carbs...I'm not very good at it, but I'm trying. I either too much junk, or not enough of the good stuff. Most of the way I look is due to the consistency of my exercise. As horrid as my nutrition has been I've been working my buns off with running and now weight lifting.

And you're only 121...you must already look great already! I was thrilled when I got down that low and we're the same height. Gonna post some before pics? Don't worry, you don't have to. Feel free to join in, we just got started anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriyakiza View Post
Hi Ladies, do you mind if I butt in??

You all seem to have the same goals as I do. I am starting my gung-hoe 6 week work out/nutrition plan and wanted to start a challenge thread but would rather do it with some company.

NightengaleShane: I just wanted to say that you have definately made progress since your first ab shot at the start of the thread! I don't want to lose my post by clicking the back button, but it hasn't even been that long has it?? Kudos to you for sticking with this as long as you have.

About loose skin, have you considered body brushing? You know those natural looking long handled brushes that you see in the health food store or in the bath and body section? If you brush your whole body with one of those every morning it will tighten you right up! Not to mention that your skin will get really really soft ( I have people at work come up and rub my arms because they are soo soft) and you wont even need to use soap on it any more. I know it sounds funky but is true....

goinforthegold: what in the heck do you eat, mama? Are you low carb for the most part? I want to ride what ever train you are on!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #70  
Melissa

So I had an awesome workout this morning and then my friend brought me the hugest slice of cake you can imagine... I was starving at the time so I ate it all of course... well tomorrow is another day. Oh and welcome Kriyakiza!
Old 11-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #71  

I didn't get my 100g protein in today. Oops - I still ate healthy things, with the exception of a couple crunch rolls (sushi - fried on the outside).

I've been doing pretty well lately, though yesterday I had some ice cream - just a few bites of Cold Stone... about 1/3 or 1/4 of a "like it" container. The FAT me would have tried to eat a whole PINT! And I went to On the Border yesterday... and got grilled chicken fresca (basically grilled chicken with a salsa type thing over it, grilled veggies, and Mexican rice). It was great with only 510 calories.

kriyakiza, welcome!! Butt in any time!
you can really see a difference in my abs? I thought I could, too, but I brushed it off as wishful thinking. I posted my first abs pic back on November 9th. It was taken around the 5th. So... a couple weeks ago? I'm surprised you noticed. Surprised in a good way, of course

I never even heard of body brushing, but thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to hit up a health food store and find me some of that!

As goinforthegold mentioned, you can post some "before" pictures if you're daring enough

goinforthegold - you know, I really DO want to live my whole life upside down after seeing that photo! I've heard it's also more difficult to overeat that way *contemplates*

oooo Melissa, what kind of cake was it? I was subject to that last week... carrot cake AND coconut cake... two of my faaaavorites!

Last edited by NightengaleShane; 11-19-2007 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #72  
Melissa

It was a spice cake with lemon cream cheese frosting... yummy! The kicker is like an hour ago she stopped by to give me more because I enjoyed it so much... I thanked her like crazy and tossed it the second she left. No way am I doing that much damage in one day (as I and many of us would have had no problem doing in the past).

My biggest issue right now is losing like 5 pounds and gaining it and losing it and regaining and relosing it untill I finally buckle down and lose it plus 5 more and then repeat the process with the newly lost 5 pounds. I would really like to break this cycle because all I have to do to be at my goal it to lose 8 more pounds and then never go above 165 again.

Tomorrow I'll have a somewhat of a cleansing day to get the cake I had today and ice cream I had yesterday out. Foodwise I've been totally ok with, it's those darn desserts that get me. Right now I'm shooting to hit 160 by Christmas, that would be an awesome gift to myself.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:14 AM   #73  

Remind me that it's about the food and the cardio ... it's about the food and the cardio ... the food and the cardio ... the food and the cardio ...

In my avatar that head doesn't look so freakin' thick, does it?
Old 11-20-2007, 12:43 AM   #74  

Google Nicole Weeks ... yup, that's motivation!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #75  

EEEEE I'd LOVE some spice cake with lemon cream cheese icing!! I mean... oops... that sounds totally disgusting because it'll all turn into the cottage cheese on my stomach...

Nope, Susan, your head looks lean and slender like the rest of you
But since you asked... it IS all about the food and cardio, ESPECIALLY the FOOD! I'd already been doing cardio for months but it wasn't until I cleaned up my diet that I started to see any kind of real abdominal progress.
Closed Thread