Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning, ladies!

Ugly, ugly day here...black, windy and rainy! But we could use the rain and I plan on staying in today so it's all good. Unless of course we lose our electricity...that's never good.

KATY...hope little L gets better soon. I remember the first or second week Josh was in kindergarten and came home with the chicken pox! I hear ya about the laundry, lol.

HIYA CAROL...hoping all is well with you. Hey, don't worry about catching up. sometimes it gets a bit overwhelming for me and I just do what I can. Usually just start from the day I post, lol.

SUE...good to hear from you and thanks for the news on your mom. I am glad that she is doing better. Hugs to you both.

HIYA SUSAN...hope you are having a good morning, you and Gaby.

And Hi to KATHY, JULES, MICHELLE, MINDEE, & SASSY...hope I didn't forget anyone.

Today, no walking for me. Yesterday I did get in another 1.23 miles on the treadmill. For some reason I thought I needed to do more. Today, I am doing the 2 mile WATP, riding my stationary bike, and doing some weights. I have to mis it up so my body doesn't get used to just walking, and I need to do weights anyway so...I don't want to get bored with the walking either.

Had my oatmeal and 1/2 banana for breakfast and am happy to say I have not had a diet coke. Usually have to start my morning with one. I have cut back drastically and have been having one at breakfast time and dinner time. It's a start. Trying to get more water in. Not sure though if I should be drinking faucet water or bottled. I don't care for the faucet but wonder if I get the same benefits from the bottled. Anyone know? Anywho...

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

P.S. Forgot to mention, I am down 1 pound, actually a little more, almost 1 1/2 but I'll stick with the one. Was hoping for two since I gained one the wedding weekend. But I'll take what I can get and work harder this week. Ta Ta chickies!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 10-02-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 PM   #32  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!!

Sue- Happy to hear about your mother and see you checking in. We have missed you!! HUGS and continued prayers.

Carol - Just jump back in!! I get frustrated catching up too but it it easy to just jump in and start chatting away.

Katy - aww, poor L!!! hope she is feeling better! Kids catch all sorts of bugs from other kids. I have a pile of clothes on my extra bed too. Momo dives into it and gets his hair all over, so I have to wash them again. I will try and stay away from BK......hmmmm, I will hang around Noah's Bagels!! Those bagels are sooooooo good!Dang.

Cristina - Yay on the 1 1/2 pounds!! Glad you survived the Wedding Weekend (is that what you are calling it?? lol - cute) Happy to see you posting!!!

Hi to everyone else!

I need to rush and get some paperwork done before I need a nap. lol........Man, I hope I can handle 40 hour work weeks again! This stay at home thing is exhausting.
I did finish the Into Thin Air and looking for the next book. Watched The BAchelor last night, what a stupid show. Bunch of bimbo's.

chat later!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #33  
RosieKate

Susan - Thanks for the get well wishes. L finally took a nap around noon. She just woke up and stills appears to be feverish, so she may be home tomorrow as well - dang. You are right about the Bachelor..used to be fun to watch for the catfight prospects...and the crying in the limo..but the latest bachelors have been real dogs. Dancing with the Stars is way better. I dare you to watch and not think Helio the Race Car Driver isn't the cutest thing.

Cristina - WTG on your loss! all that WATP and walking is paying off...hope you don't lose your electricity!

It is hard to get my exercise in when I am stuck at home with a sickie. I was going to try to get to yoga this evening, but I may too wiped out.. L woke me up at 4am, and now I am starting to fade...like Car Talk ... Erasmus B. Draggin. A little NPR humor for you all.

NPR and the Bachelor? ...yes, admittedly, a little strange....

Last edited by RosieKate; 10-02-2007 at 05:12 PM.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:58 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies..We are hanging in there here. Mom had a 50/50 day, good in the p.m. after a bad morning. Not near as good as yesterday.
I was looking back at the posts and it looks like I skipped posting here when we had to put mom back in the hospital. The day after she came home we had to take her back and on to the Heart Center. The surgery her cardiologist said she needed was scheduled, but they couldn't do it. Her arteries are blocked too badly. She has Coronary artery disease along with the back that needs surgery. Of course, no back surgery either. They did get her meds regulated and we are seeing an improvement, but we don't know the prognosis. Well, we do know the prognosis, just not the time frame.
I do thank you all for your good wishes and we are just taking it one day at a time.
Sorry, I did think I had posted here after she went to the Heart Center. That was draining on all of us being in Indy and all. I stayed with her for 3 nights and then drove back and forth. DD and DH were big helps and still are.

Off to bed...be good ladies.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:11 PM   #35  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.
Just popping in really quick to say hello. I got home from work really late, and now I have to go and make some supper. Then I will watch the Biggest Loser, and feel bad that I have eaten and then went to bed.

Hope everyone had a good day. WTG Cristina on the weight loss.

Chat later.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:49 PM   #36  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I don't think I've watched the bachelor since the first one. Saw part of the second one I think and then had enough. I've gotten into The Biggest Loser now...saw part of the first one and then part of another. Missed the first epsiode of these that are on, and part of the second but watched last week and last night and don't want to miss any of it, lol. I hope you get the job you are applying for...guess I missed that you were applying. Don't know where my head is. When is your trip to AR? And how long are you going to be gone? Will you be able to check in.

KATY...hoping L is better today. Didn't lose our electric thank goodness. Was a fast storm that went thru but enough to water things-always good.

SUE...sorry to hear about your mom. Will continue to keep her in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs to you all

KATHY...I was a little lost with The Biggest Loser and them having a black team. But it makes it interesting. I love that the black team did so well but hate that the red team slipped by this week by winning the challenge...thank god they got that though ugh? I like to see the updates at the end of the person booted off..I am glad that they continued with their exercise and eating program. How's the family?

HIYA SASSY, CAROL, MINDEE, & MICHELLE! Hoping all is well with you and yours.

Did my 3 miles at the park this morning. It's getting a little cooler and still dark at the time I used to walk so going a little later than usual-having to change my schedule...I don't like change, lol. It messes things up. Still nice though, nice and cool. Going to do a mile or two on the treadmill as well. Yesterday did weights, rode my bike and did my 2 mile WATP. Will be doing that on Tues & Thursdays. Man, did my shoulders and arms ache after. That butterfly kills me...but I am hoping with all the exercise this winter will be an easy one on my arms. Food is going well to so I am hoping for at least another pound. I feel like kicking myself for gaining that one, ugh...would have been closer to the 180's. I am so excited about getting to that point! Lol. Anywho...

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Hugs to everyone
Old 10-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

Good Afternoon!

edited by me....

anyway - .........I just want to crawl back in bed. PMS makes me so upset for days now. I just hate everyone....lol

Sue- Glad you checked in!

Katy- HUGS to L, hope she is feeling better.

Cristina- The thing with the Bachelor is it is that same as last year - even down to an ambulance carting off a girl *YAWN....catty women - makes us all look bad. As I sit here annoyed with my muther. lol oh, Arkansas is Saturday until Wednesday of next week.

Kathy, Mindee, Carol,Jules, , Sassy and Michelle - Hi to you all!!

I am going to go............and come back calmer....

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-04-2007 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #38  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Quickie!! I have my afternoon endoscopy today - the 4th. I looked at my Kaiser bill and they charge me $270 per precedure. I didn't know that until today - lol sheesh and $100 every time Gaby goes to speech.

I had a slim fast and banana. I think I wasn't suppose to eat after mid night . oops.

anyway - hope you are all having a good day.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #39  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Oh-oh Susan...I bet you were not supposed to eat.

Beautiful day here. I had a grumpy morning, but took a nice long ride on my new bike and it calmed my nerves.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:06 PM   #40  
kitty Momo

Sue - Ya,I probably wasn't suppose to eat. I was hungry though. *sigh........I think the worry is if the food comes back up when they shove the thing down your throat?? I don't know. I never remember them actually doing it. Kind of forget the whole thing until they wheel you out. It is such a weird feeling.
You grumpy too?? I have been out of sorts for days now. I did see Arkansas is in the 80's!! Woo hoo.....bring my shorts back out.

anyway - clock is ticking - have to go get Gab.

Adios!!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #41  
RosieKate

Susan - hope the endoscopy went well..no slim fast pukage? Maybe the food thing was more to do with anaesthesia....

Sue - Are you enjoying your new bike? a bike ride sounds good...I'm feeling a bit grumpy myself

Well, I had my first visit with the naturopath today and many of her suggestions were right on the money. I am going through some hormonal imbalances, which I had felt for the last couple of years, but never could get a medical professional to offer me much in the way of suggestion other than live with it. Some of what she would like to see me do eventually are things I had a feeling I needed to do but just didn't want to admit it, like eliminate caffeine and dairy. She outlined some ways to do this gradually and maybe just cutting back will be sufficient to get me back on track. She did say hormonal shifts like the one I went through and continue to deal with will interfere with weight loss, so we are going to take that on as well. It went well - I felt I found someone who was looking at the "big picture" and not just a bunch of symptoms.

Get a load of this video. I'm going to do this Neti jar 2x a day for allergies. She said it will feel like the weirdest thing at first, but then I will come to look at it as natural as brushing my teeth and I will wonder what I ever did without it. Hmmm. I will try it.

Hope you are all having a good day. I started TOM today, found out my DD has strep, and have a splitting headache. I am going to drink some wine and watch Survivor and call it a night.

Toodles!

Old 10-05-2007, 03:17 AM   #42  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Wink

Uh oh Susan.........I've had endo's and my DH used to work in that dept. and I doubt they will do it if you've eaten. But you could get lucky I suppose. The reason you don't remember it is because of one of the drugs they give you, makes you forget the whole thing. At any rate I hope it all goes well!

Hi to Everybody! I hope you are doing well!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 10-05-2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:26 PM   #43  
kitty Momo

Yay, it's me again!!!lol

Good Morning and aren't *we* glad TOM is done with for this month?? What a HORRID past week I have had. I just like..wanted to.....KILL some moving object......lol gads.

Katy
- Sorry about L, and your headache - pray you guys are feeling better today!

Sassy - psssst, I didn't tell em I ate. I felt bad, but whatEVER. The endoscopy went ok. Pretty strong meds. I laid there watching the doctor put the med in my IV and the next thing I know the nurse is saying "the doctor recommmends surgery!".....huh?? I said "I am laying here waiting for you guys to do it.....lol It was over and done though. I asked for a picture because I didn't believe them and at $270 a pop I want a picture.

So, I guess we are headed for surgery. JOY.....

I need to run and get some morning errands done. I haven't even packed and we leave for the airport at 10 in the morning!!!

HUGS to all and I will chat later after I get some things done!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 10-05-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #44  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...glad all went well but sorry you have to have surgery. You have a safe trip and try to enjoy it! We'll miss you!

KATY...if you do that let me know if it works! I've had allergies bad this year, ugh. Tylenol allergy hasn't worked, neither has claritin. Benedryl works but knocks me out. But I just hate taking drugs even if they are over the counter ones. Sorry about little L having strep, that's no fun at all. Hope your headache goes away soon.

SUE...hope you are enjoying that new bike! I love it! Hope your mom is feeling better.

SASSY...how are you and your hubby doing? Hope you get word about the job soon

HI CAROL, KATHY & MINDEE and anyone reading this.

Busy the last two days. Did my grocery shopping yesterday and then spent a few hours in the yard working. So I counted an hour mowing, and then I did my 2 mile WATP, actually did that before I went and bought groceries. Got some good fruit, yum. Fruit hasn't been the greatest lately. Man, I was pooped!

Today...went to the park for my 3 miles, then off to the recylcling center, if you will, it's just a drop off, a couple more errands and came home and stained some for the top of the pergola. V bought 2x4's to rip in half for the top this time so I thought I would stain them and then we could rip them and then I would just have the one side (ripped side) to stain and it will save lots of time. Also, did 15 mns. weights. Thought I better add that to my exercise. Was supposed to do it yesterday with the 2 mile WATP but I was sore from the day before, lol. I am actually liking how my calves are looking, lol. DD is tired of me talking about my muscles, lol. Now to get the arms looking good...I'm afraid I will always have the wave, lol. Anywho...

Have a GREAT weekend ladies!
Old 10-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #45  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

Susan -- Glad that you were able to have your procedure. Sorry to hear that you have to have surgery. Big

Cristina -- I posted below about the job, thanks for asking.

Hello to everybody else, I hope you are doing well.

Well guess what? Our new glasses are IN! I am SO glad! No more "Sally's"!!! Besides that I have had a headache for about a week now and I think it is due to wearing these old glasses.

Oh and news on my DH's job that he applied for in Indiana? (he just told me) The superintendent changed his mind and wants someone with a teaching degree now. (DH does not have a teaching degree, his degrees are in computers) DH is sooooo disappointed and so am I. It was something he truly wanted and I feel awful that they did this! Its totally unfair!!! Why not have that requirement to begin with!!! I guess that is life though. I should have known better than to get my hopes up.

Its just really hard because my DH has worked SO HARD and he really wanted this. I know there will be other job opportunities, I know that, but its just like a smack in the face to me. Oh well at least my Uncle tried and for that I am appreciative. So I Guess the in-laws have nothing to worry about now, we'll probably be here until we die.

Sorry to be such a negative and depressive person, but I just can't help it right now. Oh yeah and my mom told me that my grandpa will be losing his other leg, its full of infection.....I guess when it rain it pours.

I'm going to go now I'm sure I'm a real delight to have around........lol

Closed Thread