Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 11:14 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

Good morning, ladies!

Thanks to Cristina and Mindee on the birthday greetings!

Mindee - sorry to hear about Tommy's aunt. Even when it's expected, it's hard to lose someone you love. Yay for Logan peein' in the potty. And yw for the recipe box. Let me know when you get it. It will be 2-3 weeks, they said. Seems like a long time to me.

Cristina - it seems that once I start scrapbooking, I'm in the groove for it for quite awhile. Well, since the group of us does it at church once a month, that helps. I set aside cute photos ahead of time, and find the neatest stickers.

Sue - hope you're having a stress-free day today.

losinitin07 - a big to you! I think you'll like it here.

Macy spent the night with me, and we're headed to town in a little while for lunch with Carol. Then this evening, all the kids and DGKs will be here for more celebrating. I had breakfast with Mary and her family, so I guess you can say I'll be celebrating all day long. Woohoo! I like that! I'm just a big kid at heart, lol.

Gotta run. Have a good one, ladies!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

Happy Birthday Jane!!!!

I'll be back later tonight to catch up. Just wanted to wish Jane a very Happy Birthday!!
Old 09-11-2007, 03:25 PM   #33  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

Got a 4 mile walk in this morning. Not as early as usual since I had to run an errand and thought I would walk at the park. Always wanting to mix it up a bit. I know it's all walking but it is a different walk from the neighborhood and there are little hills so makes more of a work out for me. Also did my 2 mile WATP. Doing great with the water and eating so hoping for a good WI this Monday. Forgot to WI yesterday but did this morning and I am the same. I'll take that...anything is better than a gain for sure! Just gotta work harder this week. Other than that...not a lot going on.

MINDEE...hugs to you all and Tommy especially.

Hello and losinit! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:21 PM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

A quick peek in to say.....

Jane
Old 09-12-2007, 12:11 AM   #35  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Default Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Jane
Happy Birthday to you

Hope that you have a great day.

Kathy
Old 09-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #36  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Hello ladies....how are you all doing? Well, my MIL called me on Tuesday and let me know that they had taken Tommy's aunt off the machines, and were told that it would probably be within a few hours. Her body was already turning black (which I am guessing is from not enough circulation maybe?) and the whites of her eyes were turning yellow from not being able to finish her dialysis. Tuesday night, Tommy had called his mom and told her to call me with any of the details as far as when and all that. He said that he did not want to find out while he was at work, he would much rather have me tell him here at home. Which is what I was hoping for, because it would be easier to gage how he is doing while he is here with me.

Los~ Welcome to the group! I can't wait to get to know you better! My name is Mindee, and I am married to Tommy. We have three great kids. Brandon, who will be 3 1/2 next month, Logan, who will be 2 at the end of next month, and Marissa, who will be six months next month!

Jane~ Right now, this is going to be a hard one on him. But when his dad passes away (hopefully not for a long long time) it is really going to crush him. So, I am hoping that when his aunt does pass, that we can brace ourselves for anything else that comes our way. (they always say that deaths come in threes....but I have also heard that as far as births as well, but nobody we know is pregnant) I will be sure to let you know when I get it. Happy Birthday!!

Cristina~ Thanks for the hugs.

Marti~ How are you doing?

Sue~ I heard a new song by Jo Dee Messina today. It is called "Biker Chick" and you were the first person that I thought of!
Old 09-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #37  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Marti, Sue and Kathy, thank you for the bd greetings. Kathy - please stay around and post more often!

MaryKate - ah ha! I know you're reading these posts, missy, so please pop in and tell everyone hello. We miss you!

Mindee - I'm thinking of you while you wait for news of your aunt. Something tells me that by now you already have heard. All you can do is be there for Tommy, and listen to him when he wants to reminisce about her.

Cristina - yay for maintaining, and I bet you'll show a loss next time.

I had a great birthday. The family was all here, and we had fun. The weather is absolutely gorgeous - mid 70's! Neal and I are headed to the Amish restaurant this evening for our anniversary. Did I tell you guys that I asked for something special for my anniversary and got to pick it out? It's an electric leaf blower. WooHoo, I love it! Neal also gave me $$ to buy something that catches my eye. Who knows, it might be a hand tool, haha.

See ya later,
Old 09-12-2007, 01:21 PM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

MINDEE...thinking of you and your family today.

HIYA KATHY! Good to see you posting!

JANE...glad you had a great birthday and anniversary.

TINA...if you are out there lurking missy please post! Have a favor to ask, lol. Could you post your before and after pictures? The ones you had posted before. I had copied them and thought I had made a copy to post on my little motivation poster by my treadmill! PLEASE & THANKYOU!

HI to everyone else!

Same old stuff for me, different day. Went for my 3 mile walk and did my 2 mile WATP. Going to take Ernie dog for a little walk in a few minutes. I need to get back in that habit because he loves to walk. I would take him on my walk ,or at least half of it but he's so old he wouldn't make it. Just going down the street the little way he goes, he comes back tired. But anything to keep me moving. Some days I think I could walk all day but I don't want to over do it. Anywho...

Have some laundry to get done. See ya

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-13-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning Ladies

I did my 2miles this morning and had a simple breakfast. I have no coffee here at home so I'm antsy about that. Actually haven't bought any for a week......need to get some soon, work coffee is just not the same.

A big warm welcome to Losinit!! Hope you enjoy it here and I'm looking forward to getting to know you more.

Jane--
I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday. Sounds like it was a blast. And a leaf blower?? I can picture you now Jane....why don't you come over and do my yard?

Cristina--
I need to print out some before and afters of people myself. Great motivator! I should really hang up photos of myself when I was thinner.....make it something to strive for.

Mindee--Many hugs for you and your family.

Kathy--Why hello! Come back more often, miss ya posting.

Sue--I hope your Dr's visit isn't so bad. You're doing so great w/your exercise and weight loss, I'm sure he'll be proud of you for that!

Hello to the rest of you gals.

We're half way through the week right? This week is just dragging along for me.

I finally got my evaluation (Monday evening) and it was surprisingly very good. I knew I do ok, but the things that were said of me were unexpected and wonderful to hear. Who knew I was thought of that way? Make it easier to to the job.

Ok....time is slipping by quickly and I still need to finish getting ready for work so off I go.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:03 PM   #40  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Just flying by here and realized that I missed Jane's birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE, HOPE IT WAS HAPPY!!
Old 09-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #41  
I can dream, can't I?

Thank you all for your good wishes. Still in a funk and I don't even want to go in to it here right now.
My Dr. visit was great as I had no complaints for him at all. I told him about the biking and he was pleased...told him I am convinced that is why I feel so well. Then I told him I am not losing large amounts of weight, but seem to be toning up. He just said keep it up and then see.....I also mentioned to him that I was not being as good with food as I was with biking. He told me to not be too hard on myself and just do what I could. That I am going in the right direction. So, I felt pretty good about that visit. Now, if my tests come back okay I will be happy...mammo and paps.
I opted not to medicate for the stress but try to tough it out. (and he also recognized that being stressed isn't always an easy time to eat right.)
His scales had me 4.9 pounds down from my last check-up, but he wasn't aware of the 11 pounds I gained and lost over the winter. (and to think if I hadn't gained I would be 11 pounds slimmer now....geeze)
Okay, enough of that "coulda, shoulda, woulda."
I ate okay today (mom baked a turkey breast) and rode 2 miles. Yesterday walked a mile and rode 2 miles. My joints are protesting the wet, cool weather, so I am slower than usual. It will all be good when the new bike gets here.
I am feeling better just by talking to you chicks......... I will get through this with all your good thoughts.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:36 PM   #42  
I can dream, can't I?

Mindee- I haven't heard that song, but that is too cool.....

Last edited by suetalks; 09-12-2007 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #43  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Hi Ladies

Hi Ladies.

Happy Belated Bday, Jane

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes about my back. I was in a car accident years ago that resulted in a spinal injury, so unfortunately my back problem is here to stay. I know exercise can reduce my pain. I've heard it all from all the drs I've seen. So trust me I know what I "should" be doing. lol. I just can't get motivated or stay motivated to do it. So its my own stupid fault. lol.

Guess I need to get my own personal drill sergant don't I? and no I don't want one of you ladies showing up at my doorstep! Just teasing. lol.

Well take care girls and keep up the good work!

Old 09-13-2007, 01:47 AM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

hello ladies....how are you all doing?

Well, we will be busy in the next coming days. Tommy’s aunt passed away on Wednesday morning. So, we will be going to the viewing on Friday and then the funeral is on Saturday morning. After we go to that, then we are going to go back up to the campground to a surprise 50th (I think) anniversary party for friends of Tommy’s parents.

Marissa had her 4 month check up on Wednesday morning! She is growing like a weed! She is 24 ½ inches long, 14 lbs. 7 oz. and her head circumference is 16 ¼ inches. She got her 4 month shots, she was a trooper! She only cried a little bit this time…..and got another dose of the oral Rotavirus vaccine.

We had an adventure so to speak when Tommy was at work. Brandon pointed out a bee to me in their bedroom, so I went in and killed it. I opened the video to throw it outside, and didn’t notice another one on the other side of the window. I slammed the window shot, and another bee popped down and landed on Brandon’s head. Before I could get close enough to swat it away, Brandon stuck his hand on top of the bee and it stung him on the head. I got close to shew it away, and it stung him again in the back of the head. So, I had to rush him into the bath room to give him a quick (and I mean really quick) hair cut so I could even see where he was stung at! I have been putting rubbing alcohol on it, so we didn’t have to make a run to the hospital. I described to Tommy over the phone what the sting sites looked like, and he said “with it turning purple and popping out like that means that he is allergic to them like me.” So, Tommy was going to Wal-Mart after work to pick up some more rubbing alcohol and diapers, so he was going to look for those Epi pens that they have. Which if I am not mistaken, don’t you need a prescription for one of those?

I called the office manager and told her about it. And her response to me was “they can’t come through any vents, the furnace or air conditioner. Did you leave trash on your porch?” I said “no, any trash that gets put on the porch goes right out to the dumpster. And I know that they are coming through the roof vent in the kitchen because that is where I have seen them come out of!” So, she is sending one of the maintenance guys over at 8:30am to check out all the vents and to see where they are coming from. I am going to make sure that they spray something in the siding, where we have seen the bees fly into, and then next thing we know, they are flying into our apartment! And when they do the spraying, we are going to make sure that we are not here!

just making this a quick post since Brandon is awake, and Tommy is home from work.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:21 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Thank you to Tammy and Sassy for the bd wishes! I had an absolute blast!

I'm in a big hurry here - today I'm flying to Atlanta, where I'll be meeting 3 other gals tomorrow, then we're roadtripping to Asheville, NC to meet 4 other women. We're staying at a cabin in the mountain through the weekend.
Should be loads of fun, don't you think so? Anyway, I have to finish packing.

If any of you need anything, holler at Marti, ok?

I love you guys! Have a good weekend!
Closed Thread