Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 233/198/133

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone,

Welcome Valpal - It's good to see another 'Toban on the board. I'm glad you're starting to cope a bit better with your MS. Chronic deseases are very hard to deal with. My sister has lupus and it's been hard for her to just accept it.

Good luck to all of you going back to school - either as a teacher or a student.

Have a great day,
Old 09-06-2007, 09:15 PM   #17  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

VALPAL . . . so glad to having you join us . . . hope we'll all get to know you better in the near future and that we can provide you with the support you are looking for. I know I'd be lost without all my cyber-buddies here at 3FC.

Weightloss is difficult enough, but believe me, I know it is even harder when you've got extra obstacles thrown in your path -- I'm diabetic. BTW, have you discovered the Dieting with Obstacles Forum yet? Don't know for sure, but you might just discover some other MS fighters over there. I know from my activities in the Dieting with Diabetes Forum that it can really help to be able to chat with others who know exactly what you are going through.

Anyway, Chickie . . . hope you have a great evening and I'll be looking forward t seeing you again really soon . . .
Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Default Recipes, Anyone??

Hi, All -

ValPal! It's great to have you here! This is a great little corner of the 3FC site, and I'm sure you're going to enjoy the company! Also, for getting your MS under control. One of my best friends has MS; he's a forest ranger in his 50's, and he says he can do anything, once he puts his mind to it! And I'm sure you can, too!

Hey, I need some recipe help, PUH-LEEZ!! With my crazy schedule becoming ever-crazier, I am looking for some healthy, low-cost meals that I can prepare on a weekend and re-heat during the week for dinner. My 4 year old eats almost anything, so we don't have any dietary restrictions. Any and all recipes will be appreciated and eaten! Thanks in advance!

We had our "open house" at school today for both the Nursery class (3 and 4 year olds) and the Pre-K class (4 and 5 year olds). I know almost every child coming in, alot of "legacies" (siblings of alumni), but even the "newbies" seem ok (no cryers or whiners!). I'm looking forward to our first day on Monday.

It looks like we're going to be hit with the three H's this weekend - Hazy, Hot, and Humid. So, it's back to the beach we go - thank goodness for coastal living!

I hope everyone's doing well, and that some of the site "veterans" will check in soon, just to say "Hi"!

Em
Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 258/210/125

Height: 5'

Good morning all ,

ValPal hope you enjoy this site and are able to find encouragement and inspiration here . I know I love the site . I may not post often but I love to read what fellow chickies have to say . I normally read the posts while i am having breakfast and getting ready for work .

Annette
Old 09-07-2007, 08:14 AM   #20  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Hello everyone,

Welcome Valpal! This is a fun place to be. Glad to hear you have a winter exercise plan, it can be tough when it's cold outside. I'm down south now but lived in both Yellowknife and northern BC before here, so the issue arose.

Well this week wasn't great - actually the weekend wasn't, so the rest of the week was damage control! With all the boys in school things are going better now, more time to run and better lunches for me.

This morning I think I'm getting a head cold and Kodiak was a pain in the **** so I didn't have too much sleep. We'll see how today's run goes...

Snuggles to all,
Jax
Old 09-07-2007, 11:55 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 236/209/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone!
Thanks Meowee for showing me to this thread. I'm a Canuck and I'm definitely crazy (but in a good way)
I'm from Mississauga, Ontario
Old 09-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #22  
M.S. + living balance

S/C/G: 325/200's/199

Height: 5'10"

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yay for a CDN thread

Settie - so you're in wpg hey? I'm down there pretty often. I was born there and lived on leila for a couple years as a youngin. I figured I had to come back to my roots because MMF paid for my final year of uni AND MB was the fastest place I could get MS drugs. Provincial pharmacare has been so good to me. I like going to the city with my parents because they always freak out about city driving... and it feels like such a small city to me (compared to urban sprawl vancouver)... I just really like the feeling of home I get from living in Manitoba

Meowee, My mom is a type 2 diabetic and I have a basic understanding of the frustration that comes with food and that diesease. I know it's really frustrating for her, especially when her doctor orders fasting bloodwork!

I actually headed for the dieting with obstacles forum off the bat because MS is such a huge part of my life and if I forget that I just make it worse for myself. It's a great place

oldtimehockey - it's great your friend has found a way to manage MS at that age! I know a lot of people who have to stop working because of progressive disability. It really is a strange disease.

thanks choco and jaxjob! I have definitly found encouragement and inspiration here! It's hard to do on my own... and I wanted to get going with a healthy me before it snows. Soooo easy to hibernate through oct-may.

Hey Starlet - I think I saw you post on a makeup thread... so are you a mac artist? Do you stay pretty true to the MAC brand then?

Anyways...I'm working at the town health and leisure mart this weekend... part of an office display so I'll be happy when Sunday comes around. but TGIF! Have a good weekend people.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:01 PM   #23  
Onward and Downward

Happy Friday . . .

Don't know why Fridays always seem to get so busy for me that I don't get a chance to stop in here, earlier?

Anyway, hope you all had a good day . . . see you tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:44 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpal23 View Post
Hey Starlet - I think I saw you post on a makeup thread... so are you a mac artist? Do you stay pretty true to the MAC brand then?
I wish I was a MAC artist! LOL! I went to Sheridan College (Oakville) for a 2 yr program but found it hard to find a job in my field so I am a receptionist right now (and quite enjoying it). I am very loyal to MAC though, but I suppose the 40% discount could partially be why. They have some really neat stuff and gorgeous colours

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Starlet; 09-08-2007 at 01:45 AM.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:50 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 216/201/125

Hello, All!

Just a quick "cluck" before I'm off to bed.

Starlet! I hope you enjoy this little corner of 3FC as much as I do! Everyone is very nice - kooky, but nice!!

I'll try to check in tomorrow. Good night, All!

Em
Old 09-08-2007, 10:07 AM   #26  
Heather 2.0

S/C/G: 290/281/139

Height: 5'8"

Hello!

Welcome to Starlet and ValPal

These (slightly) cooler mornings and evenings make me feel much more energetic... which can only be a good thing!

Hope everyone is well -
Heather
Old 09-08-2007, 10:20 AM   #27  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

A little tongue in cheek for everybody West of me (pretty much takes care of all of you) for sending this hot and sticky weather my way again.

Oh well, at least it means I'll have the A/C going today and that will help to drown out a bit of the racket coming from the fair grounds across the road. Much as I love all the activities of fair week, it does get a little tiresome by this point. Last night it was after midnight before all the noise of everybody leaving for home died down.

After I finally got to sleep, I did sleep pretty well for a change. Anyway . . . just finished my protein pancakes overflowing with local blueberries, for the third day in a row . . . now I need to get some more berries or I'll actually have to eat something else for breakfast tomorrow. OMG, I blueberries.

Hope everybody has a good day . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-08-2007, 02:31 PM   #28  

I was bad this morning and weighed myself (even though I vowed to only weigh once a week) but I'm down 6 pounds from Wednesday. Being bad gave me a good payout.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #29  
Onward and Downward

Yipee for you, Starlet, keep doing the good stuff, Chickie . . .
Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 AM   #30  

Went to a birthday dinner tonight and I saved my points all day so I could have some spaghetti. Everyone was ordering desserts (man did they look good!) but I resisted

Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread