Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 04:19 PM   #61  
kitty Momo

Afternoon!!

Confused about your WI and TOM Cristina. Do I say congrats(!) or Hang in there!! or.....Yay??? lol - jk. I did read it a couple times. I had TOM at the beginnng of the month , plus with the beach and pigging out my body was all messed up. blah - blah......

Jules - Kind of funny but I thought you were fixing up the pop up camper, picnic table and fire pit for Teri and the baby......lol....poor newborn out there in Dec around the fire pit......haha,,,,*cough.....ok, I think I need more food to the brain!! Love to see a pic of you!!!

Good luck on the blog Sue!! I kind of set mine up but I like to write here....and torture everyone. Watermelon sounds so yummy!!

WI today, I lost another pound......don't you all come after me with your water bottles.....yikes.....I think the TOM messed it up, now it is just like rolling off.....poor me - tsk, tsk...lol........mmmm, ya.....had 2 cups of coffee......happy, goofy mood,,,,,,

k- ff to take Gab swimming and thinking of yellow squash for dinner w/ fish!! Sounds soooo good.

HUGS
Old 08-13-2007, 07:18 PM   #62  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--we figure with the kids sharing a small apartment one or both of them may need a break. Heck there are some days that me and hubby need a break from each other!! Hubby would love for Alicia and Ry to spend more time. (they have a date tonite!) Teri too, without Dave though. I know if they make things work we will eventually have to accept him, but at this point the negatives far outweigh the positives. If he gets a job, grows up and accepts responsibility, stops putting drinking with his friends and NEVER puts his hands on my pregnant daughter again I might get over the feeling that I want to punch him in the face everytime I see him.

Cristina--I started weighing again--today was scary, but hopefully next week will be better!! I have noticed when I stop posting I gain and then I sort of feel like a failure and am ashamed to post especially when everyone is doing so good. WTG on your loss.

Sue-wtg on the biking!! Good luck with the blog.

Sassy-Katy-Michelle--Hope all is well!!

Everytime I hear that song Hey Delilah I think of SusanNYC!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #63  
RosieKate

Hi y'all!

I have been on vacation and we were working on the house right up until the time we left..soooo busy.
But I'm here - I read everything to catch up and I hope to have some time tomorrow or the next day to post some more.

Ciao for now!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:38 PM   #64  
kitty Momo

Good Morning!

Yay, Katy!! Nice to see you posting! Today is a beautiful day in the neighborhod. Before I forget Rach was going to be in the parade this Saturday w/ her kickboxing class, in case you plan on attending!! She has lost 20 pounds this summer, happy for her. Anyway - catch up and come chat!!

Speaking of Rach, it is her 16th birthday today! My baby....she wants hair extentions. I remember the night before she was born 16 years ago I walked the grade school track and went home and cooked me a box of tuna helper, ate the whole thing. lol......she was born the following evening on her due date!

I would be punching him too Jules! Hugs to Teri and I hope she has a good pregnancy.

I had a strawberry/ banana shake for breakfast and 3 slices of turkey bacon @ 35 calories each ......it was so good. I tossed the remaining 3 because no one else was eating them.....and I would have! So, in the trash they went.

Going to take Momo, the kitty, to my moms for *visitation*....he might spend the night and catch up with his fellow felines....he was horrible last night howling over nothing. Anyway, to grandmothers he goes!

I don't get paid until tomorrow so will celebrate with Rach over the next couple days. Hope for a trip to the beach before I go back to work next Monday.

k- that is my update!

Hi to everyone!!!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #65  
kitty Momo

Dear Susan,

Good Morning! How are you since yesterday?

I am fine, itchy for some reason. Had lofty plans to take Rach to Newport but the long ride to the coast exhausted me, so plan B is OMSI.

I tossed an turned all night - thinking of getting some sleep aid. I count sheep, count apples, water bottles and finally when pissed off at 4am bagels dripping in cream cheese......yum. Now I am wide awake and just want to eat....hahahaha - *cough *cough....

I did weigh and it was 176.5 - so changed ticker because I was bored and figure the 176 and a 1/2 was close enough......and I can make my own rules....ha...mmmmm, ,maybe that is why I can't get a man??

*gasp......*shudder........*yikes speaking of which Michael wrote and is just a busy bee this summer working from 8am to 11 pm......what a wild a crazy guy he is......and he is salary....lol, nut.

I am an 8 to 4:30 gal.....and I start cleaning up my desk at 3:30.......lol

I had a bowl of oatmeal, 2 slices of turkey bacon and a banana. I need to fill my water bottle and do Gab's hair.

Ok, Susan,,,,,,,,wishing you a wonderful day!! Chow!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:35 PM   #66  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I confuse myself sometimes, lol! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to RACHEL! WTG on the pound!

JULES...thinking I would have already punched the guy out. Hoping Teri is fine and everything works out for the best. A boy eh? CONGRAT'S to you grandma and to Teri. Lots of hugs to you...you 've had a full plate for sure missy.

KATY...good to see you here. Hope you guys had a GREAT time on vacation.

SASSY...funny about you not knowing the neighbors moved, lol. But weird that so many people have moved in and out in such a short time. Glad you have a new attitude...made me think of that song by Patti Labelle...I've got a new attitude...good for you missy.

HIYA SUE...

Nothing much going on with me...same old stuff, different day. Walked the neighborhood yesterday morning and got in a good three mile walk...there are a lot of cul-de-sacs, geez. But it's good to get it done early. Staying away from the park for a while I think. It's not that far to drive but I have been spending a lot on gas going 3-5 days a week-need to move closer to there. Haven't done anything today, yet. Going to do my 2 mile WATP video and then mow the front yard this evening once it cools off.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:37 AM   #67  
kitty Momo

Evening!

Love your new avatar Cristina! I am just teasing about your TOM and not understanding ....

Thank you so much for the B wishes for Rachel. I don't know where the years have gone. Rach was the prettiest baby, perfect like a little doll, happy time in my life becoming a mother.

Now after 6 week w/ them I am going insane. I need a break, I wanna run away! lol.....I do.

I have 4 days to get some R&R before I go back to work. I did go today to see my primary. She didn't know what iron therapy was or the side effects. Useless to me. She did give me meds to help me sleep and gave me my papers for part time work. Anyway - argh. I did notice I was 3 pounds down from last week's weigh in when I saw the endospcopy doctor, so that was kind of cool.

Managed to walk 2 miles.......I also recommend the Good Housekeeping mag for Aug. It has a several stories on weight loss successes of over 100 pounds. "weigh down workshop" was mentioned.....anyone hear of that?? I am going to go look it up.

k- chat later

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 08-16-2007 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 AM   #68  
RosieKate

Congrats on your weight loss this summer, Susan - you are my inspiration! I weighed this a.m. and I have managed to lose and keep off 3 lbs this summer. The prednisone made me gain...then there was vacation, but I have managed. I should be at yoga right now, but I'm not. I'll get a walk in later. We should be at the parade on Saturday. DH is in the Get a Life band, and DS might be in the parade...he's weighing his offers, ha ha. HB (late) to Rachel!

Cristina...yay for gettting that walk in...hope you have a good day.

Jules, Sassy, and Sue....hope you all are having a good summer as well. I am going to try to catch up over time...I've been MIA alot this summer 'cause life got crazy, but I hope things are settling down now. My big goal for the day is to put together some chairs I bought at IKEA (yay - we have one here now!) and figure out what to do with all this zucchini. My garden is spitting them out in record numbers this year. I shred and freeze a bunch for baking, but there's still a LOT. Want some Susan?

Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 PM   #69  
One day at a time

Howdy Susan, Katy, Jules, Sassy & Sue!

KATY...been meaning to go to IKEA here but not really needing any furniture right now, well, a new chair in the living room would be nice, lol. I love their stuff though.

SUSAN...WTG on the pounds! You are doing GREAT! The kids do grow up fast don't they...before you know it they will be off and married with a family of their own. When do the kids start school? Some started here Tuesday and then some on Wednesday. Seems early to me for some reason. I've not heard of the weigh down workshop...but the magazine...I might have to pick up the magazine though...I like Good Housekeeping once in a while. I LOVE Nickelback, the avatar...actually, Chad the lead singer...a little on the skinny side for me but

With school being "in" going to the pool is nice, lol. Don't have much time to go though, they are closing Labor Day weekend or the day after Labor Day What will I do then? Lol Getting laundry done now, bought some groceries and that's about all that's going on with me. Haven't gotten any exercise in yet but I am mowing the backyard later this evening and it takes a full hour...and that's with a self-propelled mower pulling me along, lol.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!
Old 08-17-2007, 12:34 PM   #70  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I think I am socially ******ed....I have never been to IKEA. I somewhat know what it is from things I have heard...but don't even know if there is a store near. I think I will go on their web site, just so I can be up to date.

Had a busy morning cleaning house and now plan to sit for awhile. I did all the floors, the swifter, the vacuum and the mop. UGH. Cleaned 2 bathrooms and threw rugs in the washer. And along the way I flung a dust cloth here and there. Ha... Actually tore into my desk area, got everything dusted and put back in order.
I didn't ride this morning, and now I am sorry I didn't. It is too sunny right now, but I will catch up tonight for sure.
Have a dinner date with ex neighbors tonight. That's my day....how is yours going?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM   #71  
One day at a time

Hello ladies, and a Happy Friday to you!

SUE...wanna come clean my house for me since you are on a roll? Ugh, I am dreading that but I have to clean tomorrow. V is working and I have nothing planned so...I keep saying I am going to get a cleaning lady once a month but have yet to do it...one day. You've been doing so well with your biking I don't think if you miss a day it would hurt. I take Sunday as a free day but there have been times I did a little something, walk or video but not the usual walk or exercise I do. But it's slated as a free day so if I do something I do, if not, oh well. I know that I've been good most of the week and 4-5 days a week is good so...hope you have a nice dinner with your ex neighbors.

HIYA SUSAN, KATY & JULES

Getting some laundry done after going to the pool. I think I am getting addicted to tanning and the water. Today I did not want to get out, lol. It just felt too good. I dragged my old sorry butt out though, after 2 1/2 hours, lol. Funny thing is, I am not getting any darker, lol. Oh well...I am going to enjoy the pool while I can, only a couple of weeks left.

Went for my 3 mile walk in the neighborhood. It was a little cooler this morning and felt good. Of course I worked up a sweat so it didn't feel so cool half way thru the walk. Just feels good doing it. Came home and did my 2 mile WATP video and I swear I still wanted to keep going. Don't know where that burst of energy came from but I was lovin' it! Anywho...

Hope everyone is having a GREAT day! Ta Ta for now
Old 08-17-2007, 10:29 PM   #72  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Cristina..Sorry, but NO. I have enough trouble getting mine cleaned. LOL. I hear ya about a cleaning lady. Wish I could do that, but doubt it will ever happen.
I did get in a ride of 4 miles tonight. So, 30 for the week so far with a day to go...trying for 5 miles tomorrow. That would be a good week.
I always say I am going to take a day off, then end up trying to ride anyway.

Hi to everyone...hope you have a good week-end planned.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:38 AM   #73  
kitty Momo

Good Evening All!!!

I have had a horrible day!! I am at my wits end with these kids. I am taking Saturday and Sunday for myself. ARGH!!!

Gabs dad was running late so I drove her half way and we met at a library. He is such an a$$. He wanted to hook up tomorrow and go back to school shopping with Gab. We had talked about this before but in thinking about it and the horrible week I have had w/ the girls I said I couldn't. He kind of got upset and said we needed to get it done, duh,,,,,,,I know that. I am going to take care of myself first and staying in bed all weekend sounds rather lovely to me.

I am going to throw away my friggin car key!! I am tired of red lights and green lights and yellow lights!!! ......lol - ewww, finally gone around the bend, eh??

hmmm, I had trout today with my greek salad, it was soooo good. I soooo wanna be 175 by Monday. Please God, please , please, please.....lol

ok - enough ramblings from a Loon.......I think I shall go home and tuck my sorry butt in bed. I am scheduled to go in Monday morning for the iron IV thing, it takes 5 hours! I talked to my supervisor and we agreed to Wednesday for me to go back to work.....

Hi to Katy, Sue, Jules, Michelle and Sassy....and thank you Cristina for the card & copy of article - I received it today!

Night
Old 08-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #74  
One day at a time

You are welcome Susan! Sorry it was late in coming, I thought I had mailed it and found it under a stack of stuff, oops! Sorry about you having a bad day I think you deserve a weekend to yourself for sure! I'll be thinking about Monday...5 hours seems like a long time!

Darn it Sue...I was hoping you wanted to clean my house, lol. Yeah, I keep saying that too but I too doubt it will ever happen. Good job on the biking!

Nothing special planned for the weekend...DH & son are working and daughter is in bed so I pretty much have the house to myself. Going to get some much needed cleaning done as soon as I get off this thing...been on too long already, since 8, lol. Went for my 3 mile walk this morning...sticky/muggy morning and I went at a little before 6 thinking it would be cool. Came home and did my 2 mile WATP too! So feeling good!

Hope you ladies have a good weekend!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:08 PM   #75  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies.

I had a scare early this morning:

I was in the bedroom, cutting my toenails, and lotioning (just had a bath) and I heard this BANGING. I thought it was DH coming home a little bit early. So I hurried and got dressed and ran to the door only to find that the doorknob was UNlocked! But the deadbolt and the little thingy that goes over the door (like they have in hotels) was still locked.

I looked outside and DH was not home, as the car was not there and I even looked out the back door.
DH then called stating he is on his way home and told me I should call the cops only what if it was the neighbors door or something? (they live right next door) But I KNOW for a fact that the doorknob was locked when DH left for work and he said he even checked it before leaving and I have not been anywhere.

Everything was/is okay. DH looked around outside when he first came home this morning and said he didn't see anything. He did change the lobby lightbulbs outside our apt. So at least it won't be dark out there.

It did scare me but afterwards I calmed down.

Well I just tried the old light bulbs from the lobby that DH just changed out cuz he said they didn't sound like they were burnt out and they aren't. So there is something else wrong with that light out there and the landlord/owners will hear about it and they better get to fixing it!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My DH just told me that a co-worker and his friends got jumped lastnight and our co-worker is in the hospital with his jaw wired wire shut!!!!!!!!!! He's going to be out all week!!!!!!!!!!

This world is getting scarier and scarier I tell you!!!!!!!!!

Take Care everybody and BE SAFE!

Closed Thread