Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2001, 09:19 AM   #16  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Hello. I am busy these days. I had Ri's b-day and now I am job hunting. I don't want to drive to the west side of town next semester esp not for a pt no benifits job. So I have applied at the Rio and Circus Circus florists. I have a better chance at the Rio. (high style instead of just wedding work). I am going to call the hotels once a week and listen to their job hotlines and will aplly to those who need visuals or flowers. Something will happen! Mailwhale-ornament reciepe please!
Old 12-11-2001, 02:02 PM   #17  

Default Happy Birthday to Riley!

And good luck on your job search.
Old 12-11-2001, 06:22 PM   #18  
you can call me flower

I have a 9 am interview at the Rio on Thursday morning!!!
Old 12-11-2001, 06:55 PM   #19  

Wishing you the best, Audri.. you'll do great! Let us know how it goes.. hope to hear before I have to leave Saturday.

I'll be here in TX until Sat- then off to Colorado Springs. I'll have online access there for three weeks... then it'll be a search for a computer at some library, while I'm in Oregon. It's not possible for me to try to take my laptop.. I've too many other things I need to get out to the kids.

Thanks everyone, for your PM's.. and I'll be in touch by snailmail, if necessary. You guys are a special connection, and I wish you all the best!

My sis is having a huge open house here- expecting between 75-90 guests Friday night, so life is going to get very hectic here shortly. Wish you could all see her home.. she has 6 Christmas trees loaded.. and 10 wreaths, garlands everywhere... it's beautiful. Dave and I never really decorated for Christmas, so this isn't what I'm used to!

Good thing about it is that we'll be too busy ahead of time preparing goodies, and I won't be around for the leftovers! So, I know I'll get in some more than I should, but this year I'm not counting them. Eating is hard enough to do as it is.. totally unappealing for the most part, but not the best for health. I've been thinking it's a good time to start setting some health goals for the new year...

Take care! Hope all's well with everyone!
Old 12-12-2001, 11:00 AM   #20  

Default Itsworthit, you have mail.

Snail mail, that is. I look forward to corresponding with you that way. Makes me feel nostalgic. Take care of yourself, okay?

Audri, good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Karen
Old 12-12-2001, 11:36 AM   #21  

Thanks, Karefree.. that's something special to look forward to! I'll be staying in touch thru snailmail, too.. thankfully that's still an option.

All's well here except it's been raining.. just wondering if that means you 'northerner's' are getting lots of snow? Don't give up about NH, Sandy.. from all the acorns we saw in VT this fall, I'll bet you have a good ol' winter just waiting to give you lots for some good snowmobiling, soon!

TTYS!
Old 12-12-2001, 05:57 PM   #22  
you can call me flower

Thanks for the wishes. I will update sometime tomorrow. I am going to get lost in a paperback this evening. I do not want to stress. I do not want to stress eat like all day yesterday.
Old 12-12-2001, 10:47 PM   #23  

I've been keeping busy trying to finish up the shopping. Also my Dad had a cataract operation on Monday, so I have to go put the drops in his eye a few times a day. He is doing good, can see better today then yesterday.

Aurdi, good luck with your interview tomorrow. I hope you get something that you like.

Karefree, it would be great if you son started college, you really can't get much of a job without some sort of a degree now a days.

We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow over the weekend but it is all melted now. It's been very warm around here lately. We don't even have any ice on our pond in NH yet, that is very unusual. We were supposed to get a lot of snow this winter but it doesn't look like it right now. Just have to wait and see .
Old 12-13-2001, 01:14 AM   #24  

Here I am....

My cousin said that she uses equal parts cinnamon and apple sauce, mix really well roll pretty thin, be sure and put a hole for the hanger in and just let dry for 3-4 days on wax paper.

I found quite a few different recipes I get the big cinnamon at Costco anyway, but didn't have much left so I decided to make the regular salt dough and replaced 1/2 cup of the flour with cinnamon, then also added a tsp of cloves and one tsp of ginger. 5 days later the dough is still in the refridgerator....hmmm. So I can't tell you all how it works, but it smells good even through the plastic wrap!

Good luck on the interview Aud!!!!! And safe travels Itsworthit!....I agree, we should all be making plans for a healthy new year! Dare I say slim????? And yes Sandy, we've got quite a bit of snow and it's not been warm here for a long time, brrrrr. Thanks for understanding about the cards Kare... some years is good enough! mailwhale
Old 12-13-2001, 02:36 PM   #25  

Default I'll bet those ornaments would work great

in a food dehydrator. Would smell great while they were in there too!

Sandy, I have my fingers crossed about the college....

Audri, hope you get the job you want.

Itsworthit, I malled your card yesterday.

Things are about the same around here. Rainy day blues.

Karen
Old 12-13-2001, 06:16 PM   #26  
you can call me flower

The interview went great. Too great. He wants me for a better position but he must find money in the budget for it. I am too creative for a clerk position. Duh...but I need a job! He even sent me a thankyou note! via email. I should know within 2 weeks. Keep your thoughts good for me. k? I would be doing decor for conventions and partys. Themes and props and party work. I love it! It exceeds my wildest dreams. I was made for it!!! ~audri
Old 12-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #27  

How exciting for you, Audri... sounds like a job that fits you perfectly! Good sign too, that he emailed like that. I'll be praying that it works out for you.. Keep us posted!
Old 12-14-2001, 12:24 PM   #28  

Default Audri, I'll be sending positive thoughts

and good job vibes out to Nevada!

I have to go to the mall. I am really not looking forward to it. The Christmas crowds will be horrible but I HAVE to go!

Talk to you gals later,
Karen
Old 12-15-2001, 10:52 AM   #29  

Audri, that job sounds really good, I'm sure you would enjoy that.

Karefree, did you have fun at the mall lol? I still have some shopping to finish up, mainly stocking stuffers.

I think we're going to make cookies today, probably not a good thing lol. I have been eating everything in sight since we got home from vacation. I think some of it is stress eating also. Who said holidays are fun?

Enjoy your weekend.
Old 12-16-2001, 05:18 PM   #30  
you can call me flower

HELP!!!! I am addicted to Microwave kettlecorn!!!!!!
Closed Thread