Old 04-24-2007, 01:15 AM   #121  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Karen, sorry to hear about Tim's job. Did he have any idea it was coming or did the company say why? Can he file for unemployment? That is unreal that he's been with the company for that long and this happens, I would be shocked and disappointed. Thinking good thoughts for both of you.

Angie, 80 degrees huh? You might as well have been here .

Well, like a dummy I didn't eat breakfast and had lunch after I picked up Michael from school (around 3 pm) so i was starving and just had some leftovers from yesterday's BBQ.... grilled pork marinated in lemon grass, which was really tasty, but a little high on the fat side. So anyway, I ate a bit much so I'll just call it a one-meal day. I will have to get back on a real balanced schedule 1st thing tomorrow. I'm ready though, got my Kashi cereal and my lt. vanilla soy milk

Gotta go and feed the dogs. Have a good evening, chat w/y'all tomorrow.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:07 AM   #122  

Thanks for the support everyone. I am still walking 30 min every day. Most times it's in the evening because I just feel exhausted in the mornings, and it's nice to go in the evenings while it's still cool enough to do so. Yesterday my knee was hurting something awful, but I still completed my walk.

Angie: I think you were warmer than we were yesterday. It was supposed to be 81, but only got to 78...we also had a nice breeze blowing.

Karen: I'm sorry about Tim's job. Sending good thoughts your way.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:44 AM   #123  

Good Morning guys! I don't have to go in to work until 10 so I thoght I would hop on and say hi.

Karen I am so sorry about that. I don't think companies think about their employees as much as they say they do, they are just looking at the bottom line. They think they can get rid of the loyal people and hire some young one and get the same results. It usually comes to bite them in the ***. I am keeping you in my thoughts today and I know that you guys will be provided for.

Noelle the pool is still the same. I called them though and the tile guy is supposed to come and put that on today. I guess I am just not used to working with so many different people on one job. It is just frustrating. I wish they would come clean up the area so I don't ahve to worry about the dogs hurting themselves if they are running around back there.

Cal ate least you are walking. You are doing great and I know that you will be down to what you want in now time. Of course, then you are going to go on a cruise with all of that wonderful food so be careful. I know I put on 4 lbs after ours last year.

Angie I wonder is Corey is acting that way to get attention? I know it is not good attention but I don't think kids care about that. My nephew is out os his school and granted he has a job now he still has no respect for anyones stuff. He totalled my brothers truck and of course is wasn't his fault. It never is! You are much better than my brother though, you discipline them. My brother just let the boys run wild and do whatever they wanted and now his oldest is the way he is. I know you will get your family together. I have faith in you.

I need to start to get dressed guys. I will try to pop on tonight when I get home. Man, I don't know how Cherie did it working full time and raising 2 girls by herself. I am having a hard time just doignwhat I am doing. I am not going to complain though, I am happy to have this job.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:47 PM   #124  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Karen, I am sorry to hear that Tim lost his job. :hugs: I am a big believer in things happening for a reason, so I bet there are better things to come a ways down the road. If you guys need anything let me know, okay?

Noelle, Today it is back down to 55. It is supposed to stay that way for the next few days but at least it is warming up. I even saw a bunch of flowers blooming yesterday. YEAH!!!

Cal, Good job keeping up with the walking. Wow, I cant imagine us being warmer than you. That must be afirst, huh?

Kempy, No, I dont think he is doing it for attention, He must just like to hang around and get in trouble with his friends like she does.

Weel, I should get back to work. I will check in later.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 06:32 PM   #125  

I am home from work now and the house work has to begin. I put it off last night so I HAVE to do it now. Man, I wish I had a maid.

They still didn't come today to work on the pool. I am sure that tomorrow will have some sort of excuse too. Ok, I am not going to complain about that anymore. I have to think positive.

Angie I guess kids just do things for reasons we don't understand. I try to think back to when I was growing up. As much as I would like to think I was the perfect child I am sure my mom would say diffrent.

I just wanted to pop on and say I but I really need to wash some clothes.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:17 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone and Thanks so much for the great words of encouragement! It has been kind of a shock to us but we have decided that we can't worry about what has already happened. I think that we will probably take off here in the next few weeks and go to MO. to visit my Dad, he is 87 and then to PA to visit Tim's Dad who is 89. We thought this might be the way to go because if Tim gets another job right away there will be no way that we would be able to get a vacation this year. And we feel it is so important to see our Dad's while we still have them. Then when we get back we can get a plan of attack made and figure out what to do. Tim is 60 and I'm 55 so I'm not real sure what type of jobs that might be available but will cross that bridge when we get there. Who knows ----- we may just tighten our belts for the mext 1 1/2 years until Tim can retire.

Like I said lots to think about but wanted to Thank everyone for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers.

Can you believe we have about 16 inches of snow on the ground!!! YEP!! It started in the night last night and is still going on. We also have lots of winds with it so the snow is drifting in to 2 and 3 foot drifts!! Springtime???

Take care everyone and I'll get back to you tomorrow. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM   #127  

Hello Noelle, No we had no clue that this was going to happen. They said that sales are down but that isn't his fault. Of course the big shots are in Texas, no offense to Texas, but they have no idea what the building situations are here in the mountains. So of course the sales go down when the ground is froze and no one can dig foundations. Tim sold the building materials for the contractors. But now that the weather should be turning nice Tim had a lot of jobs set up and ready to go. Now someone else will get those customers and the credit!

He is going to check in to unemployment and also we need to find out about health insurance. They were supposed to give him papers on Cobra but didn't do that. So he is going to make sure he gets that info.

Guess this is one of those roller coaster rides that we are just going to have to ride out. I didn't get any walking done today. I woke up at 3:00 am and couldn't get to sleep again. My tummy was doing some flip/flops and I guess it must have been nerves. It has been kind of icky all day so I just took the day to let things settle in a bit and hopefully tomorrow I wll feel much better and can jump back on the track again.

My mind is kind of drawing a blank right now but I hope everyone else is doing good and I'll get back to saying HI to everyone in the next day or two.

Thanks for all the support. You guys are great!! Karen
Old 04-25-2007, 12:40 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Oh, Karen. I was so sorry to read about your husband's job loss--especially the way they did it to him. Nine years ago I lost my office mgr job after having been there 25 years--no warning, no nothing. There's got to be some inner politics going on. Kempy's right: Companies have no conscience anymore. They're all run by bean-counters with no sense of loyalty or appreciation for years of hard work. Then when they hire the young inexperienced ones they can buy cheap, they don't understand why the results aren't as good. My heart goes out to you both; you'll be in my prayers.

Golly. I'm so taken by this news it's kinda quieted me down. Just know you do have a "hurrah" corner to back you up, okay? At the moment you've got a lot to struggle with. We are your emotional "spotters" for that extra heavy barbell you were just given. Just keep checking in, okay? And see if you can do something physical to help get rid of some of the extra tension. You'll feel a little better, if only for a while, and, you'll keep your progress going, too.

Hang in there, kiddo! We all care about you. Remember that.

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 04-28-2007 at 12:42 AM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #129  

Hello everyone,
I guess I just wanted to get on say hello and let everyone know that I decided to change my exercise goal ticker from 4000 minutes to 3000 minutes for this month. I really didn't want to do that but with the last few days that I didn't walk I knew there was no way that I was going to meet that goal. It's going to be tough enough to meet the 3000 minutes for this month! I just finished doing 200 crunches on the Ab lounge and still need to get my walk in.

We have 45 degrees today and the snow is melting away fast and leaving a muddy mess for a driveway!!

Everybody have a good day and I'll get back later to chat. Karen
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 AM   #130  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

So, we took Meanie to the vets and he has Kidney disease and hyperthyroidism (sp). They gave him some meds and prescriptio food to see if we can regulate it and if there isnt a change in 30 days then there isnt anything they can do for him but to let him die. It is going to be so sad when he dies because I have had him longer than 2 of my kids. He is my Meanie beanie.

We took Candi to the groomers to get shaved for the summer and I think she hurt her knee(she fractured it when she was younger playing rough with another dog and it healed weird. So she is not using that knee today so I think she maybe going to the vets today.

Kempy, I wished I had a maid too!! I swear I cant keep up with the mud the dogs are bringing in right now.

Karen, visiting your family now sounds like a great idea. 16 inches of snow? Oh I think I would cry if it snows here again. I am so ready to not see anymore until December.

Virgo, Hi.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:16 PM   #131  

Hello everyone!!

I thought that I would let you know that things are going pretty good. I did 300 crunches on my ab lounge this morning and I'm getting ready to walk now. I'm hoping that tomorrow when I weigh in that I haven't gained any but if so-- well this week has been a little strange so will just have to take what it is and do better next week.

One good thing that has been happening is that some of Tim's customers have called him here at home and stated that they were going to complain to the boss about Tim being fired and if he isn't going to be there than they will take there business elsewhere!!! Made Tim (and me) feel pretty good!! Tim was selling building materials and if his customers stop going there then who knows just what will happen to that company!!

Tim said this morning after seeing John McCain has thrown his hat into the ring for president that maybe that is what he will do!! At least it won't interfere with his job!!!

Still not for sure when we will be going on vacation but probably within the next month. Right now we are just trying to get everythng taken care of that needs to be done so we can leave for a bit. I do have a laptop that I take with me and when I can get service I always get on the internet. So you can bet I'll be checking to see how everyone is doing. AND trying to keep myself somewhat on track too!

Well, I wanted to pop in and say Hello. I need to get my walk in so I can get some things done around here and start getting things ready to go.

I promise when things settle down a bit I will be able to take the time to respond to everyone. Thanks again for all your support! Take care, Karen
Old 04-26-2007, 01:57 PM   #132  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies, I've been busy these past few days. The school is preparing for a May Day program tomorrow so I'm helping a little with that and Michael's 1st Communion is on Saturday. I am making personalized candy bar wrappers for the kids with their names and the date, I'm using Mr. Goodbar instead of Hersheys because I thought the name fit better with the occasion I've used Good News candy bars in the past but the shape just isn't right. Anyway, nothing else too exciting happening here.

Karen, I'm glad Tim's customers are making their voices heard, the company should listen and maybe offer him his job back with MORE pay! It's also good that you are keeping both your spirits up and using the time to visit with family. Did you watch the 2 hour episode of Idol? It was actually pretty good. I wonder how the heck they did that bit with Elvis???

Angie, sorry to hear about Meanie. He has the best family to take care of him though, you never know, he may live on for quite a few years more with your help. The oldest cat we ever had was around 18 years old--and we don't even know how old she was when she came to us. She just showed up one day and stayed and stayed stayed and stayed... I just realized that Molly our black furry cat will be 13 this year.

Hi to Virgo, Kempy, Dips, Cal, cw and anyone I may have missed. Have a wonderful Thursday.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:21 PM   #133  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

wow, the days just keep getting better!!!! We took Candi to the vets and they had to take xrays of her leg. He comes in and said that what was wrong with her was rare but it does happen. (he said he sees maybe 6 a year) So anyways, She must have wrenched her leg so bad that she tore the ligament in her knee and when that happened it took a chip of knee bone with it. She has to be crated for 4 weeks, put on a diet and hope it fuses okay or it will be surgery to screw the bone back into her kneecap at a cost of about $2000.oo God, I hope she is okay. We cant figure out when it happened because she was fine before bed and she sleeps in our room. Maybe it happened when she jumped out of the truck when we got home and didnt really show it until this morning. So that was my day. I swear I support the vets single handedly. She is being an angel in her crate right now but we will see how good she is in a month. He said he only wants her out to pee and that is it so it will fuse properly.

Karen, Tim's customers are awesome!!!!! Such great loyalty. And you are amazing with how you are keeping up with your workouts.

Noelle, Have fun with your candybars. Good job on staying out of them too!!!

Well, I should get going and do the dishes.

Candi is the fluffy Keeshond.
Rebel is the white JRT on the back of the couch
Mickey is the brown mixed breed on the other side of Corey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2320.jpg (28.6 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by angieME; 04-27-2007 at 08:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:34 PM   #134  

Wow, today is Thursday already? I love working but I don't like not having time for myself. I don't know how you guys do it with kids.

Karen I am so glad to hear you in a better mood. I know what help that was from Tim's customers. See, his company has no idea what is going to happen to them just b/c they let him go. I am confident that everything will be great for you 2.

Noelle I don't know how you are not eating all of those candy bars. I would be all over them right now. PMS is kicking my butt. I am soooooo hungry right now and really tired so that doesn't make for a good weight loss plan.

Virgo I have been meaing to ask when you weigh in days were? I don't know if you ever really picked one.

Angie you and my sister both suport your vets. She gets every stray fixed that she can catch and then either finds a home or if they are too wild puts them right back in the same spot. She had to do that with one cat at work. (she is way out in the country) She works at a really nice retreat center and the cat was keeping all of the mice away. So, now she can't get prego but she can be fat and happy. I hope you don't ahve too many problems with Candi. I met a lady that had a cat that was 26 years old. Hopefully Meanie will be that old too.

I have been walking the dogs at least twice a day for 15-20 mins and I think that is whats keeping the large bloatation away. I do have about 1.5lbs but with the way I have been eating it should be much more. I am going to keep this up and keep my fingers crossed that once I am done I will have lost a lbs or two.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 AM   #135  

It's Friday, my dear friends.
Today I have my WI for our 'Biggest Loser' contest at work. I'm know I'm down, but I'm not sure how many lbs.
Have a great day everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote