Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Ladies,
Kempyd, I am so jealous ---- You have GREEN GRASS!!! I have a few sprigs here and there but right now it is snowing again and they are saying maybe even a foot of it coming tonight!! I'm glad that you posted the picture and looking forward to seeing the After picture. I have no idea how to make the pictures bigger on the site either. I just click on in and it opens in a new window with the original size. Hey-- I have one of those Shiatsu Massaging Cushions that you put in a chair--- I love it and it is just like having someone massage your back. I got it for Christmas and I dont know how I ever did without it now!! LOVE IT!!!

Angie, nice to meet you. I think I remember you from when I first started posting here back in January--maybe. Good job on the bike ride! I used to have one but it didn't work very well for me. Of course, I bought it at Goodwill and it wasn't the best and I just didn't use it enough to keep it--- so I took it back to Goodwill!! Thanks for the compliment on my "babies" They are very spoiled!!! But I guess you can tell that! I like your truck too! We had a Dodge Ram but then traded it for a GMC diesel 4wd. to pull our 5th wheel. We have family in MO. and PA. and go back every Summer to see everybody. Do you drive the truck when you are towing the 5th wheel?? I never have it scares me!! We have advertised our 5th wheel for sale this year and will probably get something a little smaller. Ours is 30 foot with 3 slide outs so it really is like having your own apartment with you!!

Well, after my "yucky" day yesterday--- I did the 3 miles super fat burn walk this morning. Then I did the Muscle Mile One walk, then the 2 mile-- 30 minute walk. I decided after that to try to do the Walk Strong where she uses the weights and does intervals of strength traning too. About 10 minutes into that one I decided that I wasn't going to be able to finish that!! I have some wrist weights that are 1 1/2 pounds each that I use but think I will start out trying to do that one first tomorrow -- or maybe later on today! But at least I got 6 miles of walking done this morning! I feel better now.

Noelle, I can't believe they still have sanjaya on AI!!! I know he did do a little better singing this week but to keep him and get rid of Haley---- I just don't understand!! I'm really afraid he may just go all the way. That would probably just about end it for me!!

Cal, I'll bet you are already on your "count down" to cruise time!! I've never been on a cruise but would love to go someday. We have always talked about going to Hawaii one of these days. I hope I'm not old and gray before we do--- oh wait!! I already am!!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day.. I'm going to go and relax and watch the snow fall AGAIN!!
Take care. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 PM   #47  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi Karen, I dont even drive a car. I have my license but me and Jay have always worked together so I have never had a need to drive. He loves pulling the fifth wheel ( I think he is a little weird. ) We have a 30 foot Wildcat with the rear kitchen. We only have one slide but it is so nice the way it is set up. I cooked our whole Christmas dinner in there and didnt have anyone in my way. haha I will feel much better on the way to Florida this Christmas knowing that we are within our tow limits. He didnt mind the 1500 but I read on rv.net all the time and I knew we needed a bigger truck so I convinced him to go bigger. haha

We are supposed to be getting 8-14 inches of snow tonight too. I am so sick of snow.

My bike is a recumbent bike that I bought at Kmart. I love it because it is small and doesnt take up much room. I went and bought a new expensive one once but it was huge and uncomfortable so I sold it and got my old one back. It really worked out well to ride it while I read rv.net today.

I gotta get back to work.
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 02:38 PM   #48  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies!

Hi Angie! Sheesh, gone for a few months then posting 5x in one morning I like all this chatter again. That's too bad about the vacation but look at that truck! That's another nice one! Good job on riding the bike, first steps are the hardest but you can do it.

I can't believe you guys are still getting snow, what's up with that? We are hitting the low 80's w/humidity, yuck.

Karen, great job on the WATP. You know, AI has been getting me so disgusted that I just cheat and surf the net to see who gets kicked off then don't even waste my time watching. It's getting to be one big joke. I do watch the singing night but if they aren't doing too good I don't pay attention. Sanjaya (who's name ironically means Victory in sanskrit) is supposedly supported by the Vote for the Worst conglomeration of deaf and stupid people--that's my opinion anyway.

Kempy, that is exciting about the pool. I hope the contractors have some sexy workmen you can watch Your doc is right about ice to calm down the inflammation. Once it does though, if you still have pain, you can use heat to relax the muscles. For some reason the song Fire and Ice by Pat Benatar just popped into my head

Well, I should get in the car and go to work... chat later.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #49  
so close, yet so far...

I'm back again Did anyone happen to catch a show on TV last night called FAT: What No One Is Telling You? It was on around 9 pm on the public TV station. I watched most of it until the commentary at the end. It profiled several different morbidly or formerly morbidly obese people. There was a woman comedian and she lost weight thru diet and exercise; another woman in her 50's (I'm guessing) who had had the gastric bypass but talked about how it was still a daily head struggle to eat right and continue exercising; a young guy who was a twin but his twin sister was normal sized with no weight issues. He wanted to have the surgery but struggled w/a liquid diet pre-op; a married couple who joined a weight loss study and were working together to lose it... it was really interesting and a little sad to watch because I could relate to so many of the issues discussed. One of the doctors on the show said that one reason why people may be able to lose weight but not keep it off is because your intestines have a separate nervous system than your brain, which may be sending you signals that you're hungry and need to eat when you're really not. Something about gastric bypass short circuits those "hungry" signals from your gut so you can eat like a normal person and lose weight. I know there was way more to the show, but if it is airing in your area, I would recommend watching it.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:58 PM   #50  

Hi Noelle, I didn't see that show on last night but I'm going to check and see if it is going to be on here---- sometimes they show stuff like that more than once on the PBS. It sounds like it was pretty interesting.
I'll check back with you later. Karen
Old 04-13-2007, 02:57 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hello, ladies! Welcome, angieME!! I'm still the new kid, since you were here before I was. Nice to meet you! I really like your suggestion about surfing the web while on the stationary bike! That's part of my problem, is once I'm online I get so absorbed that (gasp: shameful admission) sometimes I don't exercise. But if I just moved my trusty bike--hey!

Kempy, thanks for asking--yesterday was my sister's birthday & I was doing stuff around the house. She doesn't live here; I was just occupied with doing stuff that needed to be done. Today I had a dental appointment replacing a crown. It was actually not too bad, but it was time consuming. Add into that my transportation time, since I don't drive. Waiting for the CTA (Chgo Transit Authority) buses in the 34 degree cold was not pleasant (wherever did Spring go?!). One small comfort, tho--being out in the cold does burn more calories, to keep one warm! (Makes one remember that a "calorie" started out as a measurement of heat.)

I've been eating pretty sensibly, but my activity levels have faded. I've got to step it up! Karen, I'm proud of your increased activity--I'm going to have to follow your example! Mele, tonight before I jumped in here, I was reading someone else's thread on that "Fat" program you mentioned. I had read about it, but forgot when it was, so forgot about it totally, didn't see it. Reading the discussion on the other thread made me feel better about having missed it. Check it out, see what you think. Everyone, it's getting late. I'll post more tomorrow (or rather, later today!).
Thanks for being here, ladies!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #52  

Angie, welcome back. You were sure missed here.
We actually had our Spring break the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March. Now we're on the downside of this quarter with just under 8 weeks of school left. Nine weeks from today we begin our cruise.

Today is the last day of testing. Finally, it will be over...until next year.
I don't know what happened to spring. Yesterday we had very strong winds and just after school let out we had a dust storm followed by rain...can we say MUD!!!! It really got cold here. At 5pm it was only 57 degrees. For a desert dweller that is pretty cold. I'm not sure what the overnight low was, but I was ready to put the flannel sheets back on the bed. What crazy weather. Usually by this time we're betting on when our first 100 degree day will be.

Karen: You're right, we are starting our countdown to cruise time. However, we are still counting weeks, not days yet. Of course, Ashley wants to count days.

Kempy: Have they started digging yet? My brother had a pool put in last year and it's so nice now. He has pool parties all the time.

Have a great day everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:21 AM   #53  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! Can you believe that we got another foot of snow last night? I felt so bad for the deer because only 2 came out to eat last night at about 5. Usually there are about 20 on my neighbors lawn. Jay is mad at them this year because they have been coming up to the front of the house and eating my shrubs. He had to scare them away the other morning on his way out to deliver the donuts. I have to laugh because if my dogs hear anything they run out of the bedroom at night barking their heads off but yet a few deer come right up to my bedroom window in the snow and chew on my shrubs and they didnt make a sound. Silly dogs.

Well I made it through yesterday fine and even had a good bloatation loss this morning. I ended up getting in 45 minutes on my bike and I already did 30 minutes this morning while I surfed the net

Noelle, I started to watch that show but I figured it would bore Jay to death so I didnt watch it. I am hoping it is on again sometime when I am home alone and I can watch it. It sounds really interesting.

Virgo, You sound like me with the computer. I always seem to have something I need to look up when I know I shopuld be exercising. This takes care of both at once. hehe.

Cal, They had something on the early show this morning about your duststorm. We have our calendars marked with weeks til our next vacation and it isnt until December. We are desperate to do something fun.

Well, I should really get in the shower so I can go get some groceries. I will post more later.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM   #54  

Good Morning Ladies,
Well, I am up a pound on the scales this morning!! But I kind of figured that I would be. It just gets me so frustrated to see it move up instead of down! But I'll work hard this week and hopefully get it moving in the right direction again.

Sure hope everyone is doing good this morning. We have about 17 degrees and snow!! But only about 3 inches here.. the brunt of the storm hit the southeast part of Colorado harder than here. But I'm still getting so sick of snow!!

Take care everyone and I'll check back later. Karen
Old 04-13-2007, 01:56 PM   #55  
so close, yet so far...

Just a fly-by as I'm getting ready to go to my WI and then my last session of P/T Sorry you guys have gotten more snow. We had rain last night... does that make you feel a little better? Well, I gotta head out. I'm hoping TOM doesn't make me gain a lb or two on the dumb scales Oh well, be back later. Have a good one!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:35 PM   #56  
so close, yet so far...

Well I'm up by .2 of a lb...so that's not too shabby considering I indulged in a lot of food and candy over Easter . Anyway, my last session in PT was fast, they gave me a worksheet w/my home exercises. I bought them a chocolate and peanut butter pie as a thank you, I hope it tastes good.

Karen, I just love your attitude about the lb gained and just trying harder next time, you are really positive and a good influence for me Has it warmed up any?

Angie, dogs are funny aren't they? We actually had someone come into our yard and Lucky only barked when the guy was leaving! Great job on your workout. You're getting your mojo back.

Virgo, I was looking for that thread but never found it because I knew I saw some discussion about it. Now I have to go hunting for it again. Do you know what forum it was in? How's your tooth doing today? I used to work for a prosthodontist (crowns & dentures) for a year then a periodontist (gums) for 5 years. I have a bunch of fillings that I'm going to replace next week. I don't look forward to it.

Cal, 57 degrees is chilly! I know how you feel. Have a great Friday.

Hmmm, Kempy must be busy at work

I have to go and file some paperwork. Have a good one.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:46 PM   #57  

Noelle, Here is a link to that thread Fat, what people aren't telling you.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109646

Sorry this is quick I got to get some supper started.. Will check back later.
Karen
Old 04-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #58  
so close, yet so far...

Thanks Karen, you beat me to the punch! I just found it in the Support Forum myself and was coming back here to post it. INTERESTING!!!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:08 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Ah! You have already found it, under Watch PBS "Fat" documentary online! I'm very glad hikerchick posted the link to it. I think it was very interesting that scientists are only now beginning to find the "brain" in the gut. I loved that scientist who began by saying "No poets write odes to the intestine...it would take a scientist to love the intestine. I am that scientist." God bless him! It's thanks to people like him that we'll all learn so much more than was known before.

I also loved the Phat Fly Girls dance troupe. I think one of the aspects of our fat-hating/self-hating culture is because we don't get to see more positive images of fat folks moving. I'm 56 now, but I remember there used to be a greater variety of people on camera, shape and age-wise (well, okay, there wasn't such a good job with race--that part's improved, tho even there...). My point is, our popular culture demonizes anyone larger, even as it's creating this epidemic. If this program causes some to rethink their position ("hmm--I never knew that, or looked at it that way"), it will have served a positive function there. And as positive as I usually try to be, I have to own up to a very cynical side, which simultaneously is pointing out that one program on PBS is a drop in the bucket against the flood of negative images/portrayal we see all around us. Sigh.

Still, I'm glad the program was made, and I'm glad I saw it. AND I was pedaling my stationary bike while I was watching! Yay!!
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:25 AM   #60  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning! I decided to record my weightloss today since Saturday is my usual day. I am down 6.8 pounds. I know it is ll bloat and no real weight loss but I will take it. Heres to keeping it up.

I stayed up until 1:00 this morning watching The Riches on FX. I love that show!!! I had been meaning to watch it but always missed it and they had a marathon on last night and now I am hooked. The only bad part was they kept going and going and I was tired and had to stop. I hope I can catch the rest sometime.

Karen, I agree with Noelle, You are an awesome role model!! You will get that pound next week I bet!
I hear ya on the snow. We have another one coming on Monday and the weatherguy says it is going to be a major NorEaster with wet snow,rain and high winds. Sounds like fun. I hope it stays all rain where we are but we seem to get the brunt of the storms this year.

Noelle, .2 pounds up isnt bad at all. You could almost claim a maintain while you got to splurge a bit. I say Good Job!!!

Virgo, I have to read that thread. It sounds very interesting. Congrats on getting in your workout while you watched it!!! Way to go!!!

Well, I should get moving for today. I will be back later.