Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 AM   #61  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello My Girlz...

Hello Angie!!! Welcome back. You breathe new life into the thread . Congrats on the loss.

Karen- I love your attitude and your resolve to work harder after your bad day. You are an inspiration.

Cal- I will trade your 57 degrees for my 40 any day! Not that I see much outside because I have so many final projects due at school over the next few weeks so i am confined to my apartment. I can't wait for all of this to be over.

Hey Kempy- Nice truck. And I think I may have some video of me in action on the salsa dance floor and then maybe you guys can tell me what you think.

Virgo- You are so sweet! And now you have me wanting to watch the documentary so I'll have to look for it.

Noelle My love, I am so jealous that you will be meeting cherie. I haven't met any of you in person But I really really want to. Anyways, .2 is not a bad price to pay for all that candy.

Well Ladies, i haven't been able to go to my dance lessons at all this week but I have to focus on school right now. Those classes will still be there when I'm done. Gotta prioritize you know? Then I'm not speaking to my loser boyfriend right now because I told him I would like to be taken somewhere nice and he said he was taking me to the car show WTF!! I'm like, what about me screams "car show" that is a man thing. It would have been cool if we go out regularly but we don't. But he says he wants to see the NASCAR people (a black man into NASCAR, who knew?) But I told him to go without me Im not interested. I may be acting like a brat but I just think he was insensitive. Okay enough of that...

Talk to you all later!!!
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #62  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies.

Dips, your post made me laugh. He's a Nascar fan huh? Maybe if you go along w/him to the car show you can then make him take you to somewhere you really want to go afterward. I know your time is valuable so maybe you could plan something for you guys, then just tell him what you're doing that day. Some--make that MOST guys don't have a clue what we want so when they offer stuff like car shows that they would enjoy, the really think we would enjoy them too. Clueless they are. We have an annual show here called Big Boy Toys or something like that, geared toward men w/cars, trucks, motorcycles, stereo equipment, electronics.... boring as heck to me! Luckily the show is usually held a block away from a huge mall so I make Rick take me there afterward.

Angie, I missed that marathon, but I did catch one show. It's crazy isn't it? Great job on losing that bloatation! That's the Angie I know.

Alright Virgo! You saw the show. That scientist who talked about the brain in the gut really got my attention too. Well said points you made, great post.

Well, I don't know what's on the agenda today but I better get going. Have a great weekend all.
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:18 PM   #63  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hey. I got in a 30 minute walk today and 15 minutes on my bike so I am good to go there. We didnt go near any fast food restaurants today so I could keep control until I get a handle on myself so that is good too.

Dips, Hi. Are you guys having as bad of a spring down there as we are up here? It is amazing how long it is taking to get here. I cant wait for our first warm day....I dont think we have even hit 50 yet.

Noelle, I hope you guys have a great weekend. Anything fun planned?

Well, I am off to read that thread about the PBS show.

Have a Great Weekend Everyone!!!!
angieME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #64  
so close, yet so far...

Hey ladies, we found a black female dog running around the park the other day. She was wandering for 3+ days and we tried to catch her once before, but on my sister's way home from work a friend told her that the dog had been hit by a car. She brought the leash to the park and found the dog hiding in the bushes. The humane society couldn't or wouldn't come out last night evening though we told them she had been injured, so we have her at home where she spent the night in the house. She looks like a bigger version of Lucky, but black whereas Lucky is more of a dark chocolate brown. I'll try and take a picture of her before the pound comes to pick her up. We may tell them that we want to adopt her if no one claims her. If we do, this will be dog #4

I didn't do much of anything yesterday, just laundry and vacuumed and washed my car. My other sister and I went near her workplace and fed some feral dogs. Exciting stuff eh? Anyway, I have to get ready for church Chat later.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone!!
Noelle, did you keep the dog?? I know over here if you have a stray and keep it for two weeks while checking with vets, shelters and what ever and no one claims it then the dog becomes yours if you want it. You sound like me though--- I have always said that I would never be able to work in a shelter 'cause my house would be full!!!
This past Thursday my neighbor called and wanted to know why all the animal control people were out behind my house--- I had no idea they were there. So I made sure Ginger & Sissy stayed in the house and went to the back door. There were 4 animal control officers and 2 deputies!! I thought sure there must be something loose that was real big like a bear or a wolf or even a rabid dog--- But when I asked they said they were trying to catch a Pomeranian!!! AND it got away from all of them!! It went down towards the main road and they all took off in their truck with the lights flashing--- I still don't know if they ever caught it or not but I'm glad that I didn't laugh out loud before I came back in the house!!

OK--- I did my 200 crunches on the ab lounge, and my 6 miles walking this morning! But then I was goofing around and I found my old "Shoop Shoop Hoola Hoop" !! Talk about going way back!! Anyway, I decided to see if I could still do it--- YEA!! I can. I didn't do it very long only about 5 minutes but I think I may try to add that in just for something different and fun!! I'm just glad the grandkids weren't here to laugh at me!!!

Angie -- good job on the walking. I really like to do those walks. Sometimes when I really feel like I want to jsut walk on the treadmill I will do that and usually put in a movie like Dirty Dancing!! It makes me go in to my own little world-- just me and Patrick!!!

Dips, Kempyd, Cal and Virgo--- I hope you all are having a good weekend. I think I will get busy and get a little something else done today!!

Catch you all later. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #66  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Hi. How is everyones weekend going? Good I hope.

Those deer are eating my shrubs!!!! When me and jay went for a walk yesterday we saw that they ate my biggest one on the corner of the house and all last night we kept an eye out for them and whenever they would come around we would turn the lights on or open the window to scare them away but they came back while we were sleeping and ate the biggest one by my door and 2 of my globe ones. Geesh, We have lived here 8 years and never had a problem until this year even though they have hung around our street every spring because my neighbors feed them. They were expensive enough to plant 8 years ago I cant even imagine what it is going to cost to replant if they die. I mean the one in the corner is down to the tree trunk!!

Noelle, Another Puppy!!! How sweet of you guys. We dont usually have stray dogs around here just stray kitties. I usually end up feeding all of those though. That was so nice of you and your sis to go feed the dogs. That would be my weekends too.

Karen, A Pomeranian? They must be good little escape artists because we have had a few we caught to return to their owners too.

I LOVE Dirty Dancing!!! When that movie came out on HBO I was staying at my friends house for the summer and we made sure to be home to watch it every time they played it. I love the end when they all dance.

Great Job on the 6 miles!! That is alot of walking. I never could do the hula hoop...isnt that sad?

Well, I gotta go cook supper.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:32 PM   #67  

Weekend's over, but that's ok. Only 7 1/2 weeks to go!!

Angie and Dips: I hope you guys are ok with that storm.

I'm turning in early tonight; tomorrow I'm going to try to walk for 30 minutes in the morning before going to school. We'll see how that works.

Have a great week everyone.

Cal
calnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 02:11 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 211/200/165

Height: 5' 2.5" (HW: 222)

Hello, ladies! Except I got entwined in the "Fat, what you don't know" PBS show, I had meant to comment on the weather, how crappy this spring has been all around. And then that terrible northeaster hit! Angie! I saw pictures of Maine on the Yahoo!news site--oh my God, the snow! And after you'd already been hit! No wonder the deer are coming to eat your bushes--it's all so deep, they've probably eaten off everything they could reach in their normal haunts, so they're hunting for new sources. Alas, your lovely and costly bushes were what they found. Hope your plantings survive it all, the snow and the deer.
Dips'n'Twists: Yahoo!news also had pictures of how #*%@! much rain NY & NJ were getting--again, oh my God! A couple of times we've driven through NJ on the Garden State Pkwy, once at night through the "remnants" of Hurricane Isobel in 2003, and it was one of the scariest, hydroplaning rides I'd ever taken in a car. We were also in Yonkers in '97 when Hurricane Floyd dumped all kinds of rain, too. Geez Louise, you on the east coast have been hard hit. Our prayers are definitely with you.

Calnative, do keep on counting us all down to your cruise--I've only been on one, but it was absolutely wonderful, and I'm getting excited about yours! May your walk in the morning before school be the start of a whole new habit!

Karen, I think the hula hoop is a great exerciser! You're working other muscles that aren't usually the ones getting worked on, and you should let your grandchildren see you doing it. Then after they laugh, they'll want to try to show you how it 'should' be done--only to find out how hard it is in the first place! Grandma will earn extra 'respect' points once they realize it's a lot harder than they thought it was! Of course, I say this easily, I who have never been able to do more than 2-3 revolutions of the darn thing, going all the way back to when the infernal thing was first invented in my youth! Aaaaughhh!!!

(I don't know what's wrong with this site, but I have more problems with my computer getting locked up here than I do with practically anyplace else I go. Just now I was trying to underline, and it won't let me do it. I'll try manually, with the brackets. I realize the 3FC who developed this site have the ads to keep it free for us--but I would practically trip over the popups if I didn't have my 'protection' on!)

Mele, my new crown is doing just fine, thanks for asking. I had braces between the ages of 9-13, so I handle dental stuff pretty easily. Once you've had your mouth open for four years, all this stuff is just more "procedures". Give me two shots of lidocaine & I can handle it all, even if I drool & can't eat for 4 hours afterward! I've been going to this dental office for over 30 years; I really trust them and like their work.

Kempy, c&w, and anyone else I may have unintentionally left out, forgive me. I have such a hard time not losing stuff on this site that I'm afraid if I try to go back a page to look your postings up (since they aren't on this page), I'll lose this whole entry. I've done that before. So I hope you're both feeling better, and doing well--and that the weather isn't too bad where you are. Next time, I'll start with you all!

I have to say that one of the main things I like about this group is that while we may complain about something here or there, this group isn't an angry or a whiny one, which were two qualities
I was very glad to NOT find here. God bless you all!!

Last edited by FatToFitVirgo; 04-16-2007 at 02:31 AM.
FatToFitVirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 AM   #69  
No Limit Souljah!!

Default Hello my girlz!!

Karen, you are so adorable. Walking to Dirty Dancing

I'm in a bit of a hurry this morning (5:30 in NY) But I have to leave earlier today because this rain is really slowing the subway out here. Darn rain! We had better weather in January!! It rained alllll day yesterday.My pants, socks and everything else was soaked!! And I had an umbrella
So I guess that answers your question Cal

Okay, I can't stay any longer...I have to swim to work.
Dips'n'twists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:33 AM   #70  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Good Morning girls!! I guess the weather is supposed to be pretty bad today. Last night it started as snow and I was so mad thinking we were going to get hit hard again but this morning it has turned to rain. It is starting to get windy now too. We will see what we actually get I guess. The news is making it out to be really bad, telling everyone to stay home and the governor has declared a state of emergency for today.

Cal, I hope your walk went well. I am so jealous of you guys. I want to try a cruise someday too. I cant wait to hear all about it afterwards and to see all of the pics you take.

Virgo, Amazingly enough the snow from the last storm had almost all melted but they still like to hang out on my street I guess. None came out last night because the snow started but they will be back. I love looking at them but holy cow the shrubs are getting big and they are expensive plus I dont want to have to transplant a few. Haha.

Dips, Have a good day. Be safe.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:28 PM   #71  
so close, yet so far...

Good morning ladies. That storm looks something fierce on the news.
Dips, maybe you need a snorkel and fins? Just playing. Stay safe out there.

Angie, you be safe too.

Karen, those animal control officers sound like the Keystone cops I'm glad it was a pom and not some wild animal! And you go with that hula hoop. That sounds like fun, but I would be like you and do it in private

The pound never came to get "the dog" yesterday so I don't know what's up with that. She's still here and had a bath and her nails clipped and she's been sleeping in the house. I guess she's a keeper. I'm going to bring her to the vet to get scanned for a micro chip. I'm crossing my fingers she doesn't belong to someone and we have to give her back because we are getting attached. . I have to get her checked out though, she's limping on her left side. Michael's been thinking up names for her and wants to name her Chloe (I gave him a baby name book ). I told him we will know if she is ours by the end of the school day. I got pictures of Lucky, Kai and "the dog" (our dog pack) but will upload them after I get into the office.

Kempy, are you busy with work?

Virgo, glad you like our little group here. If any of us got too whiny or b*tched too much one of the other girls would probably step up and say something like "get over yourself." We are like sisters here, we can just tell it like it is

Cal, did you get your walk in?

Well, I better get moving around here. We had a plumbing leak last night and I've got some major cleaning up to do. Hope your day is more pleasant than mine. Chat later.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:57 PM   #72  

OK, I am not digging this work thing. I don't get to stay up to date with you guys. It is just cutting into my life too much.

We had to go buy a car this weekend since I am working now. It was gettin gto be a little much to try to figure both of our schedules with just the one car. I daon't have time to re-read all of the post. And, I feel bad just writing about myself. But, I promise that I am going to get my life in order and start to post like I should. The pool is dug (Saturday) and the plumbing is in. They are coming tomorrow to spray the gunite and form there I am not really certain what is going to happen. I am just glad we have a hugh hole in the ground.

Angie I am so proud of you for posting like you used to. And, for the blotation lost.

I have to go do household things that I have neglected over the weekend. I promise I will be back later.
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 05:19 PM   #73  

Hi everyone, it's been a while, again, since I've posted. As for the weather my way, today is the first day that the sun's been out, and the wind isn't blowing really hard. The last week it's been blowing. My folks were traveling and got stuck in the Mojave Desert for two days because the wind was blowing so bad, they shut down all the highways. They said it was blowing over big rigs.

Karen, I've never been able to do a hula hoop. I can't whistle either. My daughter gets a kick out of the fact that she can do something I can't. Anyway, hula hoopin' is a fun change for your workout. I used to love to play with my son's skip-it. That was a great workout too. Also, I loved the pics of your babies in their Easter clothes. They are so precious.

Noelle, I hope the dog remains your's since your so attached to her. My husband had to go to work yesterday, because they had a stray dog on the high school grounds. They guys thought it may have rabies because it had a foaming mouth. My daughter went with him, and she was a little upset because one of the police officers was going to shoot the dog with his gun, but they were able to catch it without it. My daughter is so much like you and Angie, when it comes to animals.

Dips, you always manage to make me laugh. Guys just don't think like we do. My husbands wonderful day consists of climbing rocks in his 4x4. I can think of a thousand other things I'd rather do like shop, shop, shop, see a movie, etc. I hope school is going well for you. How many semesters do you have left?

Angie, it's so great to see you back of the board. I've really missed you, and once again, I admire you for the great start. I'm still attending ww, but not really losing. Anyway, there's one lady who was having so much trouble dropping the weight, and she stopped eating her exercise points, and the weight started coming off. Oh, and I love Dirty Dancing too. I have Dirty Dancing 1 on VHS (yes, I still have VHS) and Dirty Daning 2 on DVD, and I even have the music cd. After I read your posts, I have an incredible urge to watch the DD movies.

Kemp, I hope your back is healing. When my back hurts, my Chiropracter tells me 20 minutes ice, and 40 minutes heat, and keep repeating that. It seems to help.

Cal, please adopt a 45 year girl to go on vacations with you. lol. I've never been on a cruise, but would love to go on one. Did you get those horrible winds in AZ that we had here?

Virgo, I haven't watched the PBS special yet, but you've really explained it for me. I'll have to try to find out when it's on again. The only show I really like to watch on PBS (other than Curious George & Barnie with my granddaughter) is Antique Road Show. I love see what people's old stuff is worth. It just amazes me.

Have a great afternoon everyone. I'll try to check back in soon.
cwneeds2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 06:00 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello Everyone,
WOW!! It's snowing here again!!! I don't think we are going to have a Spring this year-- just straight to Summer!! Yesterday it was 60 degrees here!!

Noelle I'm getting anxious to see you new addition to the family!! In fact, I've never seen the pictures of Lucky or Kai either. I'll be watching for them.

CW, I have Dirty Dancing 1 on VHS and also Dirty Dancing 2 on DVD. I like the first one best and I should probably see about getting it on DVD if I can or have someone do it for me. I hate to have anything happen to it!!!

YEA!!! Kempyd has a hole in her yard!!! I feel so excited for you!! I can't wait to see pictures of it. That has got to be fun!!

Angie -- I'll bet you are getting tired of all the snow too!! I would be happy if it would just snow on Christmas eve and then be done!!

Virgo-- I like doing the hula hoop and it is fun. I know back when I was like 15 (Many moons ago) I used to have 2 on my waist, 2 on each arm and one on my neck and keep them all going! Not anymore!! I'm happy just to be able to do the one!!!

Dips, Have you dried out yet? I don't like all the snow but at least we can shovel it out of the way.. I wouldn't want that much rain either.. Guess we are all going to have to move to Arizona and see Cal!!

That "Fat" show is going to be on PBS again here in the morning (2:00am) I have set the DVR to record it. I'll watch it but dont think I would find it very interesting at all at 2:00am!!

Ok well, guess I'll get going again for now. I'll probably check back later this evening.. Have a good evening everyone. Karen
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM   #75  

Here are a few pics of the large crater we have in the yard. There will be many more to come.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0199.JPG (49.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0200.JPG (48.1 KB, 11 views)
Kempyd is offline   Reply With Quote