Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 05:54 PM   #16  

Ah, Itsworthit... I'm thinking about your on-line name and the first posts I read of yours and "Daybyday" on the first Rosie boards. So positive and uplifting. When I first read those posts I was just starting a real healthy journey. With all that support I made real progress...I think all of us did to some degree. Then for many of us, I think we let other aspects of life interfere with our healthy choices. I know I for one had great vision of where I was going then slowly let bad choices creep back in and with them came 20 pounds.

But ya know what, like your name... this is still worth it. It is so good for our physical health, and of course mental health. I know all of us have challenges in our lives, but at this moment in time, I am very inspired by Itsworthit's resolve. So hey lady, I'm behind you. I raise my bottle of water to you and will provide my motivational support to your effort...my effort, our effort.

It is so empowering to feel in control of ones life...at least that is one of the biggest benefits I remember about making good choices. And I really crave that, even more than chocolate So lets get to it, be it snowsuits or swimsuits or even just a flattering business suit or sweatsuit! Hips, Hips Away!!!
Old 11-17-2001, 09:45 AM   #17  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I am here. Not doing very good diet and excersice wise. The flu kinda drained all modivation and self control from me. I am not over eatting, just not caring if dinner is fried or if it contains veggies ect. And forget excersicing. I think I may have to walk every day of my life to be sucessful. I can't stand indoor excersice. I am asking for hiking shoes for my Yule gift. I am actually looking forward to starting hiking out at the mountains. Red Rock in the fall and winter. Mt Charleston in Spring and Summer and Valley of fire in the cooler monthes. Now just gotta find sitters.

I gotta go get dressed. The new outdoor swap meet starts in 15 minutes. Shopping and walking. What a wonderful Saturday! ~flower
Old 11-18-2001, 11:02 AM   #18  
you can call me flower

Itsworthit-I told oops what had happened. She sent me this, "Oh my goodness....I did not know. I don't have her e-mail any more. Please
send my regret on her loss and that she is in my thoughts and prayers. How
sad. She was such a wonderful and inspiring lady. Thanks for letting me
know. Do you still have contact with Mailwhale? I hear from TazGirl once
in great while. Hope you and the family are doing well. Life is grand here
in Ohio. The weather has been soooooo mild this month. The cold weather is
on the way though. Maybe we will have snow by Christmas. Take care and
have a wonderful holiday season as it approaches....Jean"
Old 11-19-2001, 04:16 PM   #19  

That's nice to hear from oops. I must say I'm out of contact with everyone except you folks here...it is a poor excuse but I could never figure out the latest boards on yahoo...seems like you have to scrool through message by message and it was just too time consuming...plus, as I had nothing good to report weight wise...well? ya know.

But I will soon!
Old 11-20-2001, 09:41 AM   #20  
you can call me flower

Okay, time to compare thanksgiving meal plans. What are you doing? I am just cooking for us 5. I am baking a turkey. 15 pounds. Lots of extras for dinners this month. We will have cornbread stuffing. (no giblets) mashed potatos (no cream). cranberry sauce, dinner rolls (not crescent) broc for me, peas for everyone else. I have 2 purchased pies. I won't be eatting as much as if they were homemade. I am making spinach salad for lunch. We will be visiting my mom sometime in the day. She will have a cold shrimp platter to munch on. Yummy! We will probably go play at the park and go fishing sometime in the day too if it isn't really chilly! N0o reason being inside all day. I might make egg nog icecream to go with the pies. Tell me about your plans! ~audri
Old 11-20-2001, 03:08 PM   #21  

My dad will be here for the holiday, he brought the chocolate machine...I'm in trouble already!

I'll be making a tiny turkey, 11.12lbs than hubby is calling a chicken but I don't want to have leftovers forever. Mashed potatoes...never have used cream; bread stuffing with cellery, onions, almonds, apples and craisins; broccoli or green beans; rolls; cranberry/orange rellish. Pumpkin or pecan pie...havn't decided yet. probably corn chowder for lunch.

I need to hang my snow suit by my refridgerator!

Old 11-21-2001, 09:27 PM   #22  

Default Hey, girls....

Just got back from Alabama and got 2 bags of pecans. Good exercise.

We are going to my nieces house tomorrow. I am taking a pie and she will have the traditional dinner which sounds about like ya'll's except we have 'dressing' instead of stuffing. Same stuff. Just outside the bird.

Not doing too good diet wise but trying to remember to count my blessings.

Karen
Old 11-21-2001, 09:59 PM   #23  

Friend sent this to me tonight.. we've been cooking all day and 'tasting too much' so temptation isn't too overwhelming right now. Tried to keep snacking on broccoli stems- seemed to help. Tomorrow will be the challenge... my sis is a wonderful cook and you should see all the pies... I'm in trouble! all my favorites. Oh well, I'm just trying to remember how much fun IBS isn't and since I'm not sure what triggers it - maybe that'll keep me on track.

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep,
I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned; the dark meat and white,
but I fought the temptation with all of my might.

Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.

I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
'til all of a sudden, I rose off the ground.

I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, I managed to yell as I soared past the trees....
Happy Eating to all - pass the cranberries, . Please.

May your stuffing be tasty, may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-21-2001, 10:47 PM   #24  

Isworthit, thanks for that poem, really enjoyed it.

I hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving. We are going to my Dad's for dinner. We have the usual turkey with stuffing and mashed potatoes. We also have plenty of fresh veggies but then again there is the pies. Usually I'm pretty full from the meal so I don't eat too much desert.

We will go to NH for the weekend, my MIL & SIL come with us, I'm pretty sure Cheryl will be there also, we should have a good time. Of course my dog loves it there. Karefree, she is about 80 pounds I guess, haven't had her weighed lately.
Old 11-23-2001, 06:34 PM   #25  

Well, I'm still full!

Perhaps I should be out sale shopping today for a new snow suit!

Uh...we have a monday coming up don't we???
Old 11-23-2001, 07:14 PM   #26  
you can call me flower

Mail-what's wrong with Monday? I like Mondays's, my children are in school. Yes, I gotta go to work, but it's an okay day. My offical weigh in day is Thursdays now. I am still at 181, but I will get a loss this week. I ate more today for lunch than all day yesterday. My tummy was acting up yesterday so I went real easy. I picked up this magazine called Energy for Women. Premeire issue. If you are wanting to get into weight lifting, you gotta read it. Makes me wish I still had my gym membership. I got some photos back from the zoo last month. Not a pretty sight. I look so big. Time to get modivated again. Really modivated, not pretend. Just going thru the motions doesn't count. I want results, not maitence!!!!
Old 11-25-2001, 10:50 AM   #27  
you can call me flower

Okay friends, where are you? Turkey is gone, money should be spent. Most of you, if not all of you have home computers, so where are you? I am all alone here! It is down right cold here. I have had to use the fireplace yesterday and today. I should break down and turn on the heat but I am holding out til Dec 1st. I can last another week. I am in shorts and a t-shirt. If I was really freezing I could at least put a pair of socks on! Come and post sometime soon! ~audri
Old 11-27-2001, 04:02 PM   #28  

Default Sorry for the absence, Flower....

Not too much to report other than eating too, too much!

LOVED your poem, Itsworthit! Made my day!!

Sandy, an 80 pounder is a big one! Remember when you got her? Big difference. Mine are all about that same size except one and he's a little feller.

Karefree
Old 11-27-2001, 08:07 PM   #29  
you can call me flower

KF-thanks for posting! Are you getting ready for the holidays? Are any of you decorated yet? I have no desire to do it yet. I kinda think half of it is cause it is so much trouble saying, no Griffin all day long! audri
Old 11-27-2001, 11:45 PM   #30  

Hi everyone,
We had a good holiday. Had fun in NH also. The weather has been really beautiful here lately. Hubby can't wait for snow so we can snowmobile, I can wait for a little while lol.

I started to decorate a few days ago. Seems like a lot of people are all decorated already. Coming home from kickboxing we saw quite a few houses with their Christmas lights on.

Take care everyone & keep moving.
Closed Thread