Old 12-22-2006, 01:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Jasmine, boy can I feel for you, I went through the same thing as well, if I didn't know better, I would of thought it was me writing that, he hurt my kids so many times, in there growing up years, lied to them, I could just go on and on, I feel so bad for you. I will say fortunately for myself and them and I know this will not sound right, but if you had been through it for 32 yrs, the length of time he was in and out of our lives, you would understand. He passed away 18mths ago. It was somewhat difficult on my kids, but when he had his life ins. given to there stepdaughter alone, it helped them remember what a jerk he was. I am just glad he is out of our lives! I will pray for yours though, for your kids sakes as they seem younger then mine, when it happened mine were 26 & 27.

Congrats dollypie for reaching goal before New Years, what a great feeling it must be, and your hard work paid off.

Well I am back from my vacation in Jamica, it was a dream, I wasn't too bad with the eating, got some exercising done climbing some very long steps and in the pool and ocean. Though with my arm and knee, I was limited with that.
Gained everything I lost, but lost 2 lbs since being home, just not eating regularly (Which I know is not how to do it), got a call from a dietican and am set up to start classes for 11 weeks, starting Jan. 16th, only problem is, it is about 8 miles from here, downtown and it is from 8 to 9am, I am not a morning person as I have to take meds to sleep, it is extremely hard for me to get up that early, I am a night owl most nights as well, oh well to learn how to eat to live healthy it is well worth it. My doc. recommended me, I did not even know. I will NOT look a gift horse in the mouth, hopefully I will learn something and maybe I can give you people some help for a change, instead of always taking it. My exercise has also been limited as I screwed my knee up really bad on the trip home, pulling the luggage and going down hill. I got a cortisone shot in my knee today as I could hardly walk and was in tears with the pain, hopefully by Saturday or so it will be in effect.

The big news is my daughter's boyfriend had his angiogram and they had to put in another stent, it is such a blessing he did not go away. He is re-cooping at home and doing well, he is also on new meds which I think are helping as well. So thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers.

I am also very excited as my son has some loans he owes us for school etc. he payed us enough to pay them back, it won't come off our bank loan, but at least we don't have to go to an institution to borrow more money, we just owe more. I know that is probably kinda mixed up thinking, but it is so important to me to pay them back, they worked really hard to earn the money and now when he is better they can go away and enjoy a well deserved trip. As you might get from this, I don't feel deserving very often.

I would like to download some of the icons and measuring things on the site, but not sure how, could someone help me please?

My son is leaving to go to his girlfriends parents tomorrow till Xmas eve, then not coming home till Xmas day, he has been here most of the day, I think he missed us while we were away and God love him, our plane was delayed twice and we could not let him know as we were on the plane, he waited from 1:30am till 5 am till we got there. I love my kids. "Sometimes"

Congrats to all the losers and good luck to us who are not doing so well!
Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 11:04 AM   #32  
Goodbye Fat!

Good Morning Chicks,

Well only a half of a day at work today and then off until Jan. 2. Thanks goodness. DH and I are leaving for my inlaws when he get off at 5, so then we will be on the road only three hours though so no bad. We are actually going to stay in there RV because all of the other bedrooms are taken so that could be a good or bad thing, I don't know yet.

Canuk: Glad to hear to had a good trip and your daughter's boyfriend is doing much better. Hopefully your knee will stop hurting soon

Calejo: Way to go on the pants! Great Christmas present!

stopeating: The holidays are tough, but that is okay you took the iniative and through out the bad stuff. Remember we are all still learning how to deal with having all this great food and desserts around. It will get better
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:14 PM   #33  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Thanx everyone for all the support and prayers! Okay so everything went well for the kids with her picking them up. Joey and I even took the oppurtunity and went out for dinner that nite. Charlie had given her money to get a gift for each of the kids so they were all happy and she got them one as well. She took some pics I seen on her camera phone so I am hoping she can email them to me too. It was a 6 hour surgery they had to put an artificial valve in his heart. STill no word on if it was a tumour or growth or infection etc. I called her this morning and he made it thru okay and he is sleeping and in recovery. Thank God. Hopefully she will keep me informed!

As for food I have been pretty bad lately. The more of that crap you eat the more you want! Ugghhh!!! I am maintaining my loss though and still walking like crazy though. Today I started my pot of chile beans so I am hoping to have a few low cal days before x~mas, I have to look sleek in that little black dress! And I have cookies to make! I should make the ones with the peanut butter morsels so I will not want any. hahahahaa I just want to look really great that day! Really show off to my family. They have been supprotive and following my progress and the last time I seen them was in Sept or so, whenever I was 234. So 26 pounds more! I keep getting on the scale and it hasn't changed even though quite a few days have been in the mid 2000's!!! Yeah I know, unheard of for me! It is that white flour I tell ya! I did have ONE good day a few days ago that was like 1300 but two days in a row I had 4 glasses of real soda! On my b~day and when we went out to dinner. I even had Carl's Jr. yesterday. But I know I will be okay. I really wanted pizza last nite but made chicken and brown rice instead!!

My plan is to be good for a few days, then enjoy x~mas day, then get back on track again. These chili beans will help cause those are always my lowest cal days and believe me right now I can use it! I need to remember to drink plenty of water these next few days too!

All you ladies keep up the great work! We will get thru these holidays!
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 05:46 PM   #34  
I AM healthy!

Dolly: That will be a very nice break! Enjoy it!
Old 12-22-2006, 05:53 PM   #35  
I AM healthy!

Canuk4:

Quote:
Jasmine, boy can I feel for you, I went through the same thing as well, if I didn't know better, I would of thought it was me writing that, he hurt my kids so many times, in there growing up years, lied to them, I could just go on and on, I feel so bad for you. I will say fortunately for myself and them and I know this will not sound right, but if you had been through it for 32 yrs, the length of time he was in and out of our lives, you would understand. He passed away 18mths ago. It was somewhat difficult on my kids, but when he had his life ins. given to there stepdaughter alone, it helped them remember what a jerk he was. I am just glad he is out of our lives! I will pray for yours though, for your kids sakes as they seem younger then mine, when it happened mine were 26 & 27.
Oh my gosh canuk! I didn't know! *great big hugz* What did he pass on of? That is terrible him doing that to his kids! The way I see it sometimes it feels like Joey gets all the work and no credit, ya know? Kind of like once a year this jerk pops in to the picture and that is their "real dad" and joey has been the one here thru thick and thin and everything. I told C.j. that they are both "dads" one is not any more "real" than the other. I think you know what I mean w/out having to ecxplain everything. I know that Joe and I are these kids saving grace and that their other dad will not be there for them only on the "poor me" holidays. Even with being sick and in and out of the hospital, I do know he had been up in our area, remember the police report not along ago? And he DOES have a car, it won't fit all of them to go somewhere but to stop and visit yes it does. DId your kids have a stepdad or anyone else to lean on? I figure when they grow up they will realize who was there and who wasn't. Even when him and I were "together" he was gone all the time! It was too much to ask for him to even get a lowpaying job so he could be home with us. Joe may have a crummy job but there is love, attention, and care there. He is always focused on me and the kids and I feel complete. I never felt that way with my ex at all he was ALWAYS leaving! and always making up excuses why he couldn't be home with us. I eventually stopped caring!

Don't even get me started on how he sent the cops to my door trying to stir up trouble with false accusations the day we buried my mom! He did it on purpose that day! Or him calling my dad on his cell and threatening to cut his other foot off!

*stop now, stop now*

Quote:
Well I am back from my vacation in Jamica, it was a dream, I wasn't too bad with the eating, got some exercising done climbing some very long steps and in the pool and ocean. Though with my arm and knee, I was limited with that.
Gained everything I lost, but lost 2 lbs since being home, just not eating regularly (Which I know is not how to do it), got a call from a dietican and am set up to start classes for 11 weeks, starting Jan. 16th, only problem is, it is about 8 miles from here, downtown and it is from 8 to 9am, I am not a morning person as I have to take meds to sleep, it is extremely hard for me to get up that early, I am a night owl most nights as well, oh well to learn how to eat to live healthy it is well worth it. My doc. recommended me, I did not even know. I will NOT look a gift horse in the mouth, hopefully I will learn something and maybe I can give you people some help for a change, instead of always taking it. My exercise has also been limited as I screwed my knee up really bad on the trip home, pulling the luggage and going down hill. I got a cortisone shot in my knee today as I could hardly walk and was in tears with the pain, hopefully by Saturday or so it will be in effect.
I am so glad you went! There is always time to work on losing so just get back on the wagon with me girl! I hope your knee is okay!

Quote:
The big news is my daughter's boyfriend had his angiogram and they had to put in another stent, it is such a blessing he did not go away. He is re-cooping at home and doing well, he is also on new meds which I think are helping as well. So thanks everyone for your good wishes and prayers.
That is great sweetie!!! PTL!!

Quote:
I am also very excited as my son has some loans he owes us for school etc. he payed us enough to pay them back, it won't come off our bank loan, but at least we don't have to go to an institution to borrow more money, we just owe more. I know that is probably kinda mixed up thinking, but it is so important to me to pay them back, they worked really hard to earn the money and now when he is better they can go away and enjoy a well deserved trip. As you might get from this, I don't feel deserving very often.
That is great! I am sure you will feel much better knowing that!

Last edited by Jasmine31; 12-22-2006 at 06:00 PM.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:06 PM   #36  
I AM healthy!

Calejo:

Quote:
Jasmine31 - BIG HUGS! I have an ex I can't trust for anything too, so I hear you... and I know this is going to be SO hard on the kids too. You're all in my thoughts.
Thanx sweetie!!

Quote:
have been doing ok, but it could be better. I'm trying not to push too hard right now, b/c I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm staying about the same. I had my first official NSV too! My work pants were dirty and needed to be washed, so I had no time left to get ready and grabbed my old pants (the ones I wore before I started working out) that fit me perfectly. I started my shift and they shifted to my hips. My hips are now the size my waist once was. They were SOOO baggy on me. A few times I had to watch out for them falling off! Eek!
hahahah That is great!!! I love when that happens! I got stuff now I don't even need to unzip or nothing, just pull em up! haha But I like stuff to be form fitting so dont wear that stuff often.

stopeating:

Quote:
I would be very happy if I could maintain. To be honost I haven't weighed myself in two weeks because I'm afraid. That's how I alway handle bad dieting choices. The holidays have been soooooo rough on me. I threw away a bunch of junk food in the house and then my husband was mad because he came home looking for it. He was understanding but a bit irritated. He can't understand why I can't just walk away.
Well maybe take a break and get back on it after the holidays!

dollypie:

Quote:
Just had to stop in and tell everyone that today I reached my New Year's Goal of reaching 150lbs. I am so happy, I think I will really be able to maintain that until New Year's as well. Now it is just 15 more pounds until my goal weight!
That is awesome! You are doing great!!

miafluker:

Quote:
good morning everyone! Jasmine i hope your ex does okay for the children
s sake
Thanx Mia!! Dont get down on yourself. The holidays will be over soon!

JasonsLea:

Quote:
Jasmine, sorry about the ex. He seems like a jerk but I hope he pulls through for your kids.
Thanx hun! Yeah if she ever sends me pics Ill post em!

stopeating:

Quote:
Jasmine I really feel for you. I have an ex who is really good at making the kids feel sorry for him. I never know what to believe and suddenly I find out somethings true and I feel like a heel! The problem is there are so many lies and we are suppose to decipher each? It's up to us to make it the best for our children and they are number one. I hope he pulls out of it for the children's sake. Our family will pray for him...34 is too young.
Thanx sweetie! Yeah he is the same way. Even his own sis didn't believe him!!
Old 12-23-2006, 12:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 242/229.5/135

Height: 5'3"

Good evening my dear friends, it is so good to be able to chat with you all and about so many things, mainly our weight and exercise, but also our ups and downs.

Jasmine I am glad your X pulled through the surgery, I am sure you will know more in a few days, re his condition and the cause. It is so great the kids got presents from the both of them, I really hope you get those pictures and can post them.

My kids have a step father and they are very close to him, especially my son, even though he is 28, his Dad comes and coaches his hockey team and Brent loves it, they talk about it alot. My daughter always respects him and they have always called him Dad, (except when she is mad at him, then it is Dave), that was awhile ago though. My X was really good at putting me down to them and somehow getting me involved in his debts, even after we split. He was extremely lazy and had me going back from maternity leave early, as he went out and bought a new car, of course we did not have the money to cover it, that was just one stunt. Oh well it is over and done with now. He died of a heart attack, but under suspicious circumstances, he was a nurse and two of his co-workers went to his apartment and found him dead in bed, he took drugs etc. and had told his daughter where everything was two days before, in case something happened to him, just a little fishy and his second wife and the daughter went to the apartment before my kids got there and took alot of his jewellery etc. a will was made, but the second wife could not find hers and his was no-where to be found. But the life ins. from the hospital went to my kids stepsister, it does not sit right with the rest of us.

Well I was down a pound today, did some shopping and hobbled home after that, we still have to do the tree and put up our decorations, but at least the meal is planned and food bought. The gifts are bought as well, can't help but feel I have missed buying for someone.

I hope the baby got over the croup! That is so scary for the parents.

Well my daughter's boyfriend went to the heart doc today, his blood work came back great, he is off till the 2nd of Jan. and then will be on light duty at work till his next appt. Feb. 22nd. My daughter says he is doing great.

Keep your chin up Jasmine, I am so glad you have met someone who really cares for you and can meet your needs. Not lie and walk out the door and be out of your and the kids life most of the time. Take care and try and coast for now.

Sharon
Canuk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I've got to get the store and buy stuff for the christmas meal. We are going to visit the in-laws today. They are very sweet elderly people and it's not all that easy for them to get around so I'm not sure if they will be coming to christmas dinner. I hope so. My step-children came last night and opened their presents. They are a huge story and one day I will have to share it with you, it's actually pretty sad (sigh). But anyway, they seemed happy with their gifts, but its hard to tell because they are never "filled" on the inside and desire so much. I will write later today.

Food terrible!!!!!
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 12:32 PM   #39  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Just popping in to say Merry Christmas ladies! I'm sorry I'm such a flake this past week. I really havent been working on me at all. Its been the farthest thought from my mind. I foolishly got into the New Years restart mindset. I feel awful. No sense beating myself up now right. I do plan on getting in a couple of walks this coming week though. I've just got to find a schedule for the gym its gonna be my therapy since the kids are out of school all week.

Anyway I check on you guys often and you are doing so well! I'm so proud of you all!! Have a very very Merry Christmas!!

~melissa
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:02 PM   #40  

Argh!!! I've been doing terribly this week with my eating. Nothing extraordinary, but not great either. Slipping up quite a bit. My life has been going through the ringer between the newly developed custody study I'll have to go through now, a work force program I'm working with and the holidays. All very stressful and hectic and I hope to god it all calms down and evens out quick (but in a good way)! I've been a bit lazy this last week too I have to admit and I believe I'm due for a visit from TOM anyday now. We'll see what happens at weigh-in. I think I may be biting off more than I can chew with my goals in general. Any thoughts or insights? Time to re-evaluate maybe?
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #41  

BTW, I've already tweaked my goal for Dec. to match what I hope I can actually achieve (I think).
Old 12-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #42  
I AM healthy!

Canuk4:

Good evening my dear friends, it is so good to be able to chat with you all and about so many things, mainly our weight and exercise, but also our ups and downs.

Definately. You all are the best!

Jasmine I am glad your X pulled through the surgery, I am sure you will know more in a few days, re his condition and the cause. It is so great the kids got presents from the both of them, I really hope you get those pictures and can post them.

Yeah I am going to probably send an email to her after the holidays and ask for the pics! After that i am going to not call or anything, lets see if they do anything else. My bestfriend who we talk once every few months now and live 70 miles apart was really disgusted with him not taking part in their lives, cause like I said he did have a car once he got ssi and he had been rumored to be in the area many times, i.e. my friend and her cop dh. Julie said something like I just think he didn't want to bopther. *rolls eyes* Anyhow my best friend said it seems to her that he will come around on all the pooor me holidays like x~mas and his b~day! And you know what, the only other call I got all year was from his bestfriends sis around his b~day, her calling to ask if SHE could have the kids to come for her kids b~day party! I told her sorry we are celebrating Karolina's b~day that weekend! Andd she was like well charlie hasn't seen the kids in forever, I said, oh, well you have HIM call me and make arrangements!(NOT HER!!! who the heck does she think she is calling and asking for my kids!?! she isn't even family of theirs!!) SHe said well his car isnt big enough so we need you to bring them, I told her I don't even have a car! But he is more than welcome to have them or come visit whenever he likes! *sigh*

I'll talk at ya ladies more later but my dh is rushing me! We need to go get the rental van! Merry X~mas everyone!!!
Old 12-24-2006, 02:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Merry Christmas Eve everyone! I'm sitting here eating a cookie and getting ready for a gathering tonight. When will these cookies be gone???? I know when I eat them all! Anyway just kidding, but I really wanted to wish everyone a wonderful holiday.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 03:11 PM   #44  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Merry Xmas! I got out of touch for awhile and overwhelmed by the posts but I am still mostly back on track.

I have got to figure out what to do when my exercise gets sidelined. I am DEFINITELY one of those people who has exercise controlled depression. And it takes quite a bit of INTENSE exercise too. So when my exercise got sidelined the last 2 weeks with my son's illness, by the end of last week I was a basket case. - Hence my dropping out of this particular thread...dont ask me why but depression makes me do that. Ignore the people who could give me support.

Got my 3rd run in 3 days in this morning and I am starting to feel human again.

I do have to figure out a strategy for dealing when I cant exercise. Last year I sprained my ankle very badly..couldnt walk, run, swim or bike with it and it took about 3 months to heal....and by the end I was on the verge of divorce I was so freaking out of control.

Well I guess I'll take this thread over to the depression thread see if they have any ideas!

Anyway a very merry Xmas to all.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:22 PM   #45  

Ennay, I am sorry to hear you're not feeling your best and I hope you feel better soon.

And to all of us... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!