Old 12-20-2006, 01:01 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 184/174.8/132

Height: 5' 4"

Martini-you can ramble anytime. I enjoy reading your posts. I would love to live in the backwoods. So funny how you didn't get stuck until you made it into town. Thank God for the military man!! Was he cute? What a good idea to give your mother in law flowers. My father lives in Oregon and visits rarely, but I remember two years ago when he came with my grandmother and I opened the door, I had a overwhelming rush of joy that no one will ever understand. It was the best feeling. I miss them so much. But then I am an emotional person and cry at the drop of a hat, but discretely hide the tears. The only thing keeping me here in California is my husbands job. My brother and whole family live there and in Texas. Enjoy your trip to mom's house.

Dollypie-chestnuts on an open fire; how wonderful. What are chestnuts? I have always wondered and how were they prepared. We sometimes roast marshmellows at home with the openfire and the kids have so much fun. I have to try the Texas snow fight!!! We use marshmellows sometimes but they make a mess and since there is no snow here socks would be great fun!!!

Well as for me I am preparing for my youngest sons birthday for this friday and everyone is coming to my house christmas eve to have dinner. At least I will be in control of the food and how it is prepared

My work sent me a card today and called me to see if I was coming back. I didn't tell them that I really don't want to come back, but I know at some point I will have to because my husband doesn't quite make enough. So maybe in five years I might be able to stay home with the kids of course my oldest will already be 19 by then. I think he does much better with me here and I can keep a close eye on him. We shall see what God has in store for me; until then I have all of January off for now.
loveandlaughalways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 08:35 AM   #17  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

good morning everyone looks like you guys are doing great i on the other hand has has a terrible week since Monday and i havent been able to work out a single day this week I even had my hubby make me a strong drink with dr pepper last night hopefully today it will be better
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #18  
I AM healthy!

S/C/G: 270/196.2/135

Height: 5'4

Well I will have time to get to perosonals later today since my ex's sister called and is actually picking up the kids, first time any contact since the divorce and even before then when we were together she only came out here once. Anyhow I need those of you who pray to please be praying. It turns out he is very sick and has been in and out of the hospital. He is currently "in". He is 34.5 and having heart trouble. They don't know if it is a tumor or a growth or a clot. I guess he also has lupus. They are transferring him from one crappy hospital to the best in the state and are having a special team of surgeons to come out. She is going to take them to see him today.

We are praying he pulls thru this. She is hoping that if he does she will come get the kids in a few weeks to come see him again. I guess the visit today will be in the day room. No one under 14 allowed in his room. Does anyone know why? Cause I know ICU they don't let kids in but they don't let you out either. Please also be prayiung for his salvation. He did accept when we first got together but then later pretty much renounced it. Only God knows what is in a persons heart, etc. But just in case, that he gets right with God.

Anyhow, Joe and I talked and are going to wait on the Mt thing for now. If he is this sick and she is able to take them to see him even a few times before he passes then that will be great. I know how hard it is losing a parent. If he does pull thru then hey, maybe we will do it then. I am just looking to God for guidance at this point.
Jasmine31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Wow Jasmine, My prayers are on there way. How are your kids handling it?? Or do they know yet?
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 11:59 AM   #20  
I AM healthy!

I told them. Unfortunately he has been playing up the poor me ever since the divorce! Every time he did come out telling the kids he is dying etc. It was almost like crying wolf. We knew there were some health issues that had arisen with high blood pressure and his heart but this was when we were splitting up and I would only hear bits and pieces and it just never sounded right. Even his sister didn't believe everything he said. He told her he was in and out of the hospital and she thought it was the mental hospital. She feels bad now for not believeing him and I do feel kind of bad for making light of some things but it is hard to know what to believe with him. I think you guys know what I mean. I keep going over in my head what went wrong. I know he was seriously overweight, like 340. He was 6'4 so he did carry some of it. But he also smoked, he was an otr driver away most of the time always eating unhealthy and never exercising. I do know he also started buying into all that crap they sell truckers to "stay awake". Basically legal speed. I always warned him about it but he wouldn't listen. I really feel that is what contributed to our marriage dissolving. Basically he started having trouble, started having anxiety attacks, high blood preessure, felt like the worlld was caving in on him, instead of getting help, the doc said quit smoking, lose weight, he just kept on and I have had anxiety attacksa this last year and I know what it feels like. I don't get violent with my family and take it out on them though. He just started getting extremely negative, wanted me to go work full time, take care of him and the kids and go to school, and verbally abusive, he started getting violent with us and that is when I left.

When I look back I still don't see anything I could of done differently. Lupus isn't contagious is it? I don't think so. He was also taking alot of bayer to thin his blood and was not on any blood pressure medicine(when we were together) I know he was taking naproxen for athletes feet. I just think that all that crap affected his heart. I do know in one of our encounters after the split he said something about being on coumarin, or coumadin, I looked it up and it is a rat posion! I dont know what they gave him that for. I do't know what else to say right now.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #21  
I AM healthy!

oH THAT IS THE OTHER THIBNG. i DON'T KNOW IF i MENTIONED IN MY FIRST POST. hIS MOM WAS ALSO EXTREMELY obese(sorry caps) and was using alot of prescription meds and alcohol. His sis told me she thinks she died of a blood clot! That was when she was 34, my ex was 17, he is now 34.5.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:15 PM   #22  
Goodbye Fat!

Jasmine, so sorry to here about your ex. I will pray that he pulls through and for your children. Good thinking to stay in Calif until you know more about his health. I sure the children would want to be closer if he is that sick.

Loveandlaughalways: I had never seen a chestnut until the other night as well. It is a pretty good size nut. You score it with a knife a then roast them. Once they are black and cooled you can peel off the shell. They sorta have a taste of a sweet potato, but have the texture of dried/semimoist playdough if that makes any sense. They were okay.

Mia, don't worry it has been super hectic for all of us in this holiday season. Just remember right know your goal can be just to maintain or to only gain a few pounds instead of the holiday bulge. Remember we have to do this the rest of our lives and not just a few weeks. So there will be downtimes but we have to learn to get through them. I am sure you have in the past and will this time too.

Okay why did my co-worker set up a table with all the desserts and such in our office. I don't need the temptation, but I will will. Here I go sprinkling some will power dust over my shoulder.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:27 PM   #23  
I AM healthy!

As for how the kids, I know my eldest has done her best to block alot of her feelings out. I felt so bad on eyear cause in the beg. of 2005 he gave her his old wedding ring for her b~day. Then they didn't see him but a few times and last was like february then once for a few minutes in july then once the follwoing jan this year and thats it. But he never called for any b~days or x~mas or anything and on january this year she didnt say anything but I noticed that day she was wearing the ring he gave her.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #24  
I AM healthy!

Thanx Dolly!

Well the sis just called and she needs to wait til her dh gets off work so will come get the kids at 5:00. Fine with me.

Resist the urge for the display table dolly! You can do it!
Old 12-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

Jasmine I really feel for you. I have an ex who is really good at making the kids feel sorry for him. I never know what to believe and suddenly I find out somethings true and I feel like a heel! The problem is there are so many lies and we are suppose to decipher each? It's up to us to make it the best for our children and they are number one. I hope he pulls out of it for the children's sake. Our family will pray for him...34 is too young.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 07:25 PM   #26  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Jasmine, sorry about the ex. He seems like a jerk but I hope he pulls through for your kids.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 08:05 AM   #27  
Mardi Gras'07 New Orleans

S/C/G: 253/253/160

good morning everyone! Jasmine i hope your ex does okay for the children
s sake
dollypie thanks i really was starting to get down on myself
im just going to do the best i can for now because we are taking a 14 hour trip tomorrow so ill see how it goes
well off to get ready for work unfort i have to work tomorrow also until 5p
miafluker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:17 PM   #28  
Goodbye Fat!

Mia, Have a fun and safe trip!

Just had to stop in and tell everyone that today I reached my New Year's Goal of reaching 150lbs. I am so happy, I think I will really be able to maintain that until New Year's as well. Now it is just 15 more pounds until my goal weight!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 155/148/128

Height: 5'7"

I would be very happy if I could maintain. To be honost I haven't weighed myself in two weeks because I'm afraid. That's how I alway handle bad dieting choices. The holidays have been soooooo rough on me. I threw away a bunch of junk food in the house and then my husband was mad because he came home looking for it. He was understanding but a bit irritated. He can't understand why I can't just walk away.

Huge congrats DollyPie!!

Miafluker - I wish you a safe trip.
stopeating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #30  

Jasmine31 - BIG HUGS! I have an ex I can't trust for anything too, so I hear you... and I know this is going to be SO hard on the kids too. You're all in my thoughts.

Dollypie - Great job!

I have been doing ok, but it could be better. I'm trying not to push too hard right now, b/c I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days. I'm staying about the same. I had my first official NSV too! My work pants were dirty and needed to be washed, so I had no time left to get ready and grabbed my old pants (the ones I wore before I started working out) that fit me perfectly. I started my shift and they shifted to my hips. My hips are now the size my waist once was. They were SOOO baggy on me. A few times I had to watch out for them falling off! Eek!
Calejo is offline   Reply With Quote