Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:18 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 4/25 - 5/1

Welcome to the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...296#post829296

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:24 AM   #2  

Default Challenges!!!

Challenges for the week!

1. Get an extra day of exercise this week, and post all of the sessions on the exercise board!

2. Tell us what your best talent or trait is. What are you good at!? Learning to love ourselves is important in making permanent positive changes.

3. Set a mini goal for yourself, and share what you will reward yourself with. And a food reward is NOT allowed!

Ok, my sugarbusterin' buddies, lets make this a great week! We CAN do it!
Old 04-25-2005, 07:34 AM   #3  
Addicted to potato salad!

Okay...the forecast calls for rain and snow showers all day today, but there's not a cloud in the sky in my neighborhood...so I'll be walking the dog this morning, taking DD to school to get in a walk early before things go downhill. Will be wearing my winter jacket...

Junior is a big clod, but we love him. He got in trouble this morning when I took him outside for a few minutes...he had NO accidents all night in the kitchen, where he's quardened off because he seems to prefer sleeping there and this way I can limit the places for surprises to at least that room. BUT, I took him out and he wandered around for a while and then came inside and peed right away. So, out he went after a scolding...poor baby. He really is a big ball of love and I really don't like yelling at him. But just like kids, ya gotta set the boundaries early!! At least that's what they tell me...

Okay...gotta go get ready for my walk and make lunch for DD. She was off last week and she always gets all teary-eyed the night before going back to school after some time off and says she likes being home with me and hates school. Which, she actually loves school, she just doesn't like getting up in the morning.

Will be back later on...

Kris
Old 04-25-2005, 07:39 AM   #4  

What am I good at? I think I'm good at crocheting. I make big afghans for my nieces and nephews when they go off to college for their dorm rooms. I think they like them... I'm also good around kids and love to be around them...taught Sunday School for about ten years (first graders) and have been a Girl Scout leader for five years. When my DS goes to school, I have designs on becoming a substitute teacher in my daughter's and son's schools...this way I will still have some days off to take care of the house and things and when there is no school (holidays, snowday, etc) I'll be able to be home with the kids without having to take a day off from work.

Okay...those are the things I'm good at...extra day of exercise will depend on the weather. Which means, this week I may be at a deficit!!

Oh, and my mini goal is listed below. I'm actually not at my low anymore, but plan to be soon...once the weather gets better and I can get back outside. DH is gone on work this week to NJ, so I should be able to stay on plan with him and his evil ways out of the house!!

Last edited by techwife; 04-25-2005 at 07:42 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:46 AM   #5  

Good Morning! I slept very well again last night. Of course, it may have been the Red Stripe I drank with my two pieces of ww pizza last night late that helped.

I have to go shopping at Sam's and Costco this morning for two church events...the arts festival and some meetings they are having about us buying the building we are meeting in. Thankfully I am not in charge of the meetings, I am just helping the gal who is.

Update on the plumbing: I think he is making progress, but there is no hot water to my bathroom yet. He said he thinks he can do it in just a little bit of time, but last night, he was afraid if something went wrong, he might be up all night restoring water to the essential places where we have it now...like the one shower that works and the kitchen. He was tired, and I agreed he should do what he felt best about..which at that point was to go to bed! Looks like another shower in James' shower.

I hope everyone is doing well.

We are missing some folks: Woodfrogs and Fruit are two I have not seen on lately. I really miss SEF and wish she would come back!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:37 AM   #6  

Morning everyone. Here I am at home and not at work. It was nice sleeping a little extra this morning. Well the sun is out but only supposed to be around 60 today and more rain moving in tonight. The week doesnt sound too well with the weather. Im going to head out to Lowes here shortly and pick up a few things, then a couple more stops. DD gave me a whole bunch of firm tapes last night ( which I did one so far) and Im excitied to do some new workouts here for a while.
Quote:
Tell us what your best talent or trait is. What are you good at!?
HM, Ive had to think on this one. When I didnt work I painted so I would of said that cept I havnt done that now in years for lack of time. I guess Im a good organizer I have everything so organized at work that if someone asks me to trace a check I can find info within a few minutes. Ive always loved doing crafts and usually make one type of thing for Christmas I give to everyone as a side gift. Of course I dont have much time except for maybe one time of year to do much of that .
Old 04-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #7  
Goddess

Default Good Monday morning!

Morning all!

This will be a hit or miss week with me. One of my aunts died this weekend and I will leave tomorrow morning to go to NC for the funeral. I'll get back on Wednesday and then will be frantically trying to get everything done before we leave for Italy on the third. My DM is pretty bummed as this is the second sister she has lost in a month, so I really need to go to the funeral. I'm just glad it didn't happen while we were gone. My Mom was so worried that it would. This was her oldest sister and the one that was like a second mama to her (my DM is the youngest of 7), so this one is especially hard.

I will check in when I can, but it may not be until Thursday, so don't worry if you don't hear from me.

I hope everyone had a good OP week and I will look forward to hearing about all your talents when I get back. I'd tell you about mine now, but there are so very many, that I just don't have the time right now!

Love you all!
Susan

Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good morning Ladies.

I haven't had time to go back and read the weekend posts. Hope to do that sometime today. Eating was good all weekend with the exception of Friday night, we did Mexican. Need I say more. But I didn't eat near as many chips as I normally do. Yesterday I fixed that problem. I made up a whole tin full of chips from ww tortillas. Next time I will take them with me. All my other meals were legal, just heavy. Pork chops on Sat and last night homemade ww pizza. The scale was up 4 lbs this morning. I hate Monday weigh-ins. I got up early and got 20 minutes of wt training in. Hopefully we will be able toget our 3 miles in tonight. The weekend was so cold and nasty, we didn't get any walks in. They are calling for more rain tonight and tomorrow. What happened to our warm weather? Hope it gets it out of its system this week and is nice for Derby week next week.

Monet, I like your challenges this week. I will try to get that extra exercise in. What are my talents. That is hard. I don't have any artistic talents, art, sewing, etc. I am a good organizer, and a very hard worker. I get more done in a given time, then most people. I don't know if that is a talent, but that's it for me. Sure hope you get that plumbing fixed soon. It has to be frustrating.

Susan, so sorry to hear about your aunt. Prayers for your mom and your family during this hard time. Have a safe trip. I thought about you (at least I think it was you) at the Churchill gala the other night they had a chocolate fountain. I tried it, but didn't care for it. I thought it was you that raved about them at weddings. But then again, I'm not a big chocolate lover either.

Cindy, your weather sounds identical to ours. We had sleet Sat night. It really put a damper on our big fireworks show. We didn't go.

Tech, if that was the only accident Jr had,you are lucky. It just takes time. You sound like you are good with kids.

Have a great OP day. Hope to be back later.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:57 AM   #9  
Little Engine That Could

I had a really tough weekend foodwise. My DH turned 65 on Sunday and he wanted lobster for his birthday dinner. Our kids came over last night and fixed dinner, so we had the lobster on Sat. night. I fixed it with beurre blanc sauce, fried shoestring sweet potatoes, and a salad with avocado. All SB legal, but way too many calories. Then friends took us out for lunch yesterday in honor of his Bday and took us to an Italian restaurant. Then last night the kids fixed Japanese food, (nothing raw, thank goodness) with what I call potstickers, some sort of rolled beef thing, and tempura veggies. Our DD fixed a cake and I only had a tiny piece. Pretty much SB legal, not totally, but probably caloric. So my weight goal did not happen. I have my DH an iPod mini and he can use it when we are travelling. It is really a neat little gadget.

Hmmm. What am I good at? Hmmm. Well, I am really a good cook. What you might get for a meal at a gourmet restaurant I can fix at home fairly easily. That's probably something that contributes to my weight problem. I love what I fix.
I am also good at organizing and administration--I can take a committee, group or project that is floundering ineffectively and get that baby back on its feet and walking in a reasonable amount of time. I am good at interior decorating and gardening and right now love how my butterfly garden looks.

Monet--I can tell that you are good a lots of stuff, one of them being the moderator of this board.

Susan--so sorry to hear of your aunt's death. That is so sad. I know your mom is glad you were here for her.

Tech--Wow, it's hard to believe that it is snowing when we are having such nice weather here. Our spring has been wonderfully cool--in the 70's today--and we are just soaking it up before the 90's arrive. Hope your doggie gets trained soon.

I have lots to do today, so will sign off.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #10  

Just a fly by...I am waiting for my ride to go shopping for the church events.

GATOR: We have so much in common...I really would love to meet you face to face some day!

FILLISE: I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. I will be praying for you, and for your mom to be comforted in her loss.

TECH: Sounds like things are going well with Junior. Sometimes, I kind of think a dog would be nice, but the six cats that live here would probably NOT agree!

gotta go!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:11 AM   #11  

Fillise: So sorry to hear about your aunt. I lost my favorite aunt in 1997 and I'll never, ever stop missing her. I just keep telling myself she's one more reason to look forward to heaven

Cindy: I like, and I'm told I'm good at, crafts and I do a craft for Christmas as well. I have to ship out presents to every single family member on my side and my husband's side of the family in California. Two years ago I made a half dozen Christmas wreaths (you can never have too many, I say!!), this year, my daughter and I painted ceramic tree ornaments with acrylics and spray glaze...my son made some, too! They were really 'ecclectic' I like to get them in the habit of making nice things for gifts... One other thing my DD and I like to do is get Sculpey clay (I get it at Michael's), take small pieces of two or three different colors and roll them together so they swirl, but don't blend, into a ball, poke a hole in them and make beads. We bake them and then get some hemp string and make macrame-like jewelry. We did this in Girl Scouts, too... BUT, I am NOT the least bit organized...and I'm a master procrastinator, which drives me NUTS about myself.

Gator: I'm trying to learn to be a good cook. My mom is NOT a good cook at all. She would act like she was making gourmet food when she made chipped beef on toast...commonly called ---- on a shingle But she got the 'recipe' from my gramma on my dad's side. She made Thanksgiving dinner ONCE way before I was even born and then my dad took over the turkey making in the house. I can't tell you how many times we had canned spaghetti with boiled hot dogs for dinner...the whole family! Not just the kids because we were picky. Every now and then we'd get pot roast, but who can't cook that? Just put a slab 'o meat in the pot with onions and boil the crap out of it. But...she tried...and I don't know why she's like that...my gramma (her mom) literally always had on her apron and was always making something fabulous, unless she was sewing something. My mom doesn't sew, either. I think it was such a strong gene from my gramma that it became an anti-gene in my mom. What I'm trying to say is that I like to cook, but I've had to teach myself all the basics because my mom taught me to open a can and ring the dinner bell!! I'm learning little by little.

Jack: This weather is a real drag, isn't it? It's just lovely to have my English Sheepdog romping through the puddles in the back yard. I'm having to mop the floor every day. Oh, well...this, too, shall pass, right? Actually, the forecast for today here was supposed to be really bad, and even though it's cold out, the sun's out, which is fine with me!! I'd like to take the dog out for a walk, but my son is complaining he's tired (we walked DD to school this morning) and that his feet hurt. I tell ya, he sounds like an old lady sometimes!! And Junior is out on the back porch sleeping and DD came home early from school because she felt shaky and a little pukey. So, I just got my TOM and should be the one complaining, but I'm raring to go. Go figure.

Monet: Once again you amaze me with your ability to plan out dinner party-type situations. It seems like you always have something you're planning out as if your just planning dinner for he family. I'm already obsessing over DD's birthday party. We always invite her entire class...there's only 14 kids in the class...and we have cake, ice cream, and order a pizza, but now that they're in fifth grade, they're getting harder to amuse with games. I like to do Simon Says and torture the boys by making them say things like "I am Sailor Moon!!" and pose like one of Charlie's Angels. They do it, too...it's all about the prize, man!!

Well, I should go check on DD. She came home sick this morning and I sent her up to go to sleep. She's always sick the first day back after vacation.

And my dog has had plenty of other accidents. He's been spending more and more time in the back yard. We were blessed when be bought the house that it has a huge fenced-in back yard. Junior loves it!! He has a few toys he romps around with and the kids love playing with him. Then I try and get him to come in and he just sits down because he's busy playing. He's so cute. But he's a pain to walk, being a herding breed, he keeps cutting me off! It's pretty funny, actually. It's neat to see the breeding instinct coming out.

Okay...off to do something constructive!! I'd hang wash out to dry, but I know that would bring on the forecasted rain for sure!! I might as well just wash my car!!
Old 04-25-2005, 11:50 AM   #12  

Good Morning:

Gheez, will my kids ever get well? Britt has only missed three days of school this year (that's only because she always seems to get sick on the weekends). She said she was cold when I picked her up on Friday from school. I felt her head and she had a fever. She kept the fever most of the weekend, and also had a headache. She felt nauseus all day yesterday; she had diarrhea, but never did throw up (although she felt it coming a few times). I kept her home today just to make sure she can keep her food down without feeling sick, and to make sure her fever is completely gone.

I have been pretty well this year too. However, last Thurs & Fri, my throat was really dry and I was having a difficult time swallowing (even though I drank at least 70 oz of water per day). By Saturday a.m., my throat, on the left side, was so sore and swollen. It was so sore Saturday night that I couldn't sleep. I went to a care center yesterday to see if they could culture me for strep. I remember having strep a few years ago, and it wasn't half as painful as this is. The quick test came back negative, so they sent it in to let it sit for a few days and see if it comes back positive. I should know something in a few days. It is still extremely painful today, and even sore to the touch on the outside of my neck. If it is not strep, I have no idea what it can be. I hope it clears up soon because it is really painful.

So needless to say...I won't be getting to the gym today, and am not sure when I will be going this week. I got four days in last week though.

We got some rain Saturday night; it was so refreshing. It is only supposed to be in the mid 70's today. It would be nice to get out and enjoy it.

Tech: It sounds like the weather is wacky all over. I'm glad you are all enjoying Junior. He sounds like a lot of fun.

Monet: This plumbing ordeal is turning out to be quite the ordeal, huh? I'm glad you got a good night's sleep; I wish I could say the same.

Cindy: The Firm is a great workout; I am sure you will enjoy it. Be prepared to be a little sore (ha).

Fillise: So sorry to hear about your Aunt. My prayers go out for you and your dear mom. Have a safe trip, and we look forward to your return home.

Jack: You don't have a Trader Joes near you, do you? They have a multi-grain pita chip that is legal, and they are delicious! I love them. They have a bunch of crushed grains in them. I hope your weather warms up soon.

Gator: You usually do so well with your eating. The weekend was a special occasion, and you can now jump back on the wagon, and move on.

Well, the kids are fighting already, so I gotta run!

Take care,
Nat
Old 04-25-2005, 12:15 PM   #13  

Well, here it comes...Watertown Weather...It doesn't look like it'll be very heavy, just enought to make things damp and icky and cold. At least we had a nice morning...

Old 04-25-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  

Howdy everyone. Tail dragging here this morning. My little old boston terrier kept me awake last night, so I'm slow moving. But sure I pep back up in awhile. I didn't have breakfast this morning cause I was asleep in the chair so think I'll make it for Steve when he comes home for lunch for a change maybe. Its cool here. I covered up my tomatoes again last night but the tops got nipped anyway. May have to go find more of the stripey ones I like. Sure messed up my beautiful wisteria tree. No more beautiful purple blossoms. Gee what should I lay out for dinner. We had grilled steaks and a big green salad last night. I'll have to go raid the freezer.

Pancho- I hope Britt is feeling better today. And you too. I just got over a the worst sore throat I've had in years a few weeks ago. I thought I had strep to but didn't. May you heal fast....

tech- your dog sounds so cute. I used to always want a dog like that. But never did get one. Now I'm to old to do the puppy thing so my dogs are older. We have a boston terrier and a blue heeler. And they're plenty! Along with our big white cat "stinky".

Monet- What is red stripe? I've been toying with the idea to make a nice ww pizza. Maybe that can be on my menu this week. You sound your usual busy. Wish I was with you when you go food shopping. Its so boring here with out the choices of the big stores...

Gatorgal- Oh my gosh the lobster sounds so good. Now thats my idea of a birthday dinner. Yummy. Sounds like your DH had more of a birthday week end...

Oh sorry everyone I didn't get to finish here. Its time for me to run...
Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 PM   #15  

Good afternoon...

Sorry for MIA and I do have a lot to catch up. I will not be able to catch up today as dh is off and we might move Jess out of her room (which is next to our room) and move her into another room on the other side of the house. The reason is that we want to give her room to the baby and Jess is so excited to move to a new room. I am sure going to miss her being so close to my room but it is the best arrangement for us. When the baby is old enough, I will move "him" to the other side of the house (next to Jess's new room) so they can be together and mommy and daddy gets more privacy...lol. Okay, we are having a "BOY" and that is 100% according to the ultrasound technician as we saw his "private" part sticked out like a sore thumb...LOL. The technician joked that the baby must be very proud of his "part"...lol. I am still shocked and feel a little sad to part with Jess's old clothes as I have to give them away. 2 kids are just enough for us....if God agrees that's...lol. I had such a great time at the ultrasound and dr's appointment on last Friday as everything looked good and the baby is healthy and strong. We even saw him yawned, put his fingers in his mouth, kicked etc etc.

This week will be a busy week for me. I have to do a lot of cooking outside of my normal cooking at home. I don't know how Monet does it but just thinking about it tired me out....lol. Today I am making some meals for my girlfriend who gave birth to her daughter over a week ago. Her in-laws are gone and her husband had to go back to work so I know she could use some help, especially with nutritious meals. I am making lasagna, beef stew with lots of hearty veggies, egg noodles and her fav chinese rice porridge (pork and veggies).

This Thursday Jess will turn 4 but we are celebrating her birthday on Sunday with few friends and their families. I am thinking of making a kid friendly menu which is also suitable for adults. Jess's fav meal is spaghetti and meatball so I want to make that on her birthday but instead of regular spaghetti and meatballs, I will make a more upscale version of that which will be suitable for adults and kids will love as well. I planned to make "Pasta Putanesca", sweet and sour meatballs in the crockpot, chicken nugget (homemade), a mixed green salad, fruit salad and maybe garlic bread. I am thinking of few munchies like popcorn and spinach and artichoke dip with pita bread. On Friday, we will have 3 couples from church for dinner (it's our turn to host dinner). I will be making simple asian food on that day. My groceries bill will be very high this week...lol. Oh well...it could be worst.

It's time to go as dh is home. Will check in again later. Have a good day everyone!

Julia
Closed Thread