Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 09-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #1  

Default Sugarbusters Weekly Support Board 9/13 - 9/19

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...149#post639149

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 08:24 AM   #2  

Morning!

Deb emailed me and asked me to start the board this morning. I was kind of late, since I slept late. Hope that did not inconvenience anyone!

Had the big dinner at church yesterday...twice...once in the morning and once in the evening. I ate too many off plan things. They had chocolate mousse, tiramisu, and the entrees were lasagna and other pastas.... Back to the straight and narrow this morning.

I did get in about 8,500 steps yesterday. Not enough, still. BUT, its better than my usual has been .

I have to cook dinner for the church leadership meeting tonight, so I better get off here and get going. Lots to do! Hope everyone has a great week!

Don't forget to drink your water!

Don't forget to get your exercise!

Don't forget to treat yourself right ...and feed your body with healthy SB foods!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:33 AM   #3  
Little Engine That Could

Good morning everybuddy,
Today I plan to stay sane. My eating has been ridiculous and not what even a normal person would eat. We stayed at our favorite B & B in Gainesville this weekend and the proprietor fixes totally bad breakfasts: apples baked in crescent rolls, apple pancake puffs, sausage, bagels, OJ, etc. etc. I had nibbles of everything but then had a bowl of cereal to try to bring some sanity to the meal. Unfortunately, the only cereals were things like Fruit Loops, Captain Crunch, etc. I had a bowl of frosted Mini Wheats. Oh well. Today we are celebrating that the big bad storm will not be hitting us. Oh I am soooooo happy. You don't know how we were dreading another hurricane. We bought "insurance" this time against the storm and it worked: we purchased $300 worth of plywood to board up our windows, and yesterday afternoon we spent several hours cutting the plywood to size. So everything was done except for actually screwing the wood to the windows. That's about as good as you can get for "insurance."!!!

So, anyway, this is a new week, and I am committed to eating properly.
Breakfast this morning: small bowl of shredded wheat 'n bran with 1/2 peach and sk. milk.
Will go walking asa I finish this post.

Monet--have you ever noticed that church socials, suppers, meetings, etc. present a big array of tempting food. It's the church stuff that is often the hardest because there is always food, food, food, and it never is OP. Even at the center where I volunteer one morning a week is loaded with candy, chips, raisins, etc. What is meant to be love is really sabotage! So, I sympathize with your challenges right now. We need to keep each other strong. No cheatin' this week. One day at a time.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 09:37 AM   #4  
Little Engine That Could

One more thing--Fruit--The hurricane may be headed closer to you. I was worried about BOB getting some bad stuff, but this morning it looks like it is going even more westerly. Batten down the hatches. I hope it just fizzles out in the Gulf, but don't think that will happen. My DF lives in Ft Walton Beach FL and he has already fled to Jackson Miss. And someone else lives in La, who is it?? Anyway, all y'all keep safe. We care about you.
Old 09-13-2004, 11:19 AM   #5  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!

Went to work this morning but had to come home....worst case of the back door trots That I have ever had! Every bone in my body aches....my eyes are just about swollen shut from some kind of allergy stirred up by Hurricaj Charley! I'm just a wreck!

GATOR...this coming week shoud prove to be a good one...AUBURN vs LSU, and TN vs FLA....
Glad doesn't even begin to describe how we feel over here about the storm.
OF COURSE....it can still turn~~~~at least you're ready....I'm not..no plywood no anything...I''m one of those old fashioned gals...when it's your turn, it's your turn! All fingers and toes are crossed though...

I'm going to crawl up in the four poster and get warm and hopefully shake what ever this is....I'll check in later!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:31 PM   #6  

Default Time crunch

In a rush, which is usual. Did so-so on the weekend, nothing to really berate myself about.

Hope the storm misses everybody - what a drag to be threatened week after week.

Colleen - has your doc considered that your pain could stem from an ovarian cyst or ute fibroid?

Happy day everybody! -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:34 PM   #7  
Goddess

Cool Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

BOB--O hear ya! I was sick all last week--hope you are feeling better soon! I've got a chicken in the stock pot this morning to make the first batch of stock for the winter. I always make plain stock and freeze it in the fall, that way I have it when cold and flu season sets in. I will pick the chicken and freeze some of the meet and make chicken salad with the rest.

Gator--Um, thanks. While I am THRILLED that you do not have to worry about another hurricane, Missy and I are not happy that we will now have to deal with it--I mean geez, you have the plywood all cut and everything!

Monet--Bad, Bad girl! But WTG on the 8500 steps! Keep getting it up there!

I am finally starting to feel human again. I drug my butt around all last week--I finally gave up and crawled into bed for the weekend. That seemed to do the trick and I have some energy today!

B=LC Special K with blueberries
S=SF FF yogurt
L= Chicken salad on lettuce.
D=no idea--I'm speaking at a meeting tonight so I have no idea what they will be serving.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:35 PM   #8  
Goddess

Ruby--we were posting at the same time. I don't think I've said welcome yet, so WELCOME!

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 01:34 PM   #9  

So glad to hear that the brunt of Ivan will miss Florida. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Pigged out Saturday at the Cowboy Symposium....just couldn't resist the potato ribbons..they were so good! But stayed OP yesterday and today.

I was worried that shredded wheat had a really high GI...so glad to hear that it is legal. I love the shredded wheat and bran. How about Cherrios. Seems like I remember them being really high. I keep them around for the kids. I have tried to stay away from the sugary cereals. Although, Fruity Pebbles seem to find their way into our basket frequently .

B: spelt biscuit with butter and SF Apricot Preserves
S: none
L: Leftover chicken breast and okra
S: Peach yogurt (Blue Bunny)
D: Roast with carrots (no idea what else) no taters

Have a great day!
laurenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Well my weekend was uneventful. Tried to get a little shopping done Sat and Sunday fo rour trip. Saturday, DH went with me so it was a little less hectic. Sunday went out on my own and was worn out when I got home. I hate that. I had so many things that needed to be done. Oh well. Just have 2 birthday presents to get my nieces (which the party will be at my house Sat) and try to find a navy pair of shoes that I like. Of course it is hard to find shoes when your feet are 2 times bigger than they should be.

Still not sleeping. Sat and Sunday was up half the night. I'l be glad when this gets worked out. Muscle still ache. Waiting for nurse to call now to discuss all this stuff. Have an appt on Thursday but didn't want to wait until then since we leave on the following Tuesday.

Monet, thank you for starting the board. what would we do without you.

Gator, I am so happy Ivan missesd you to, but I know not as much as you. Have a sane OP week.

Bob, sorry you are feeling so poorly. Get some rest. Glad Ivan is going to miss you too.

Ruby, never berate yourself, pick up and dust off and go on.

Susan, sorry you felt bad last week but glad you are better. Be safe from Ivan.

Lauren, cheats are so bad if you can get right back on plan and go on. Of course, much better if you never cheat. But we are human.

Have a great day
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 02:27 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise---LOL, how 'bout I send the plywood up your way and you can put it on your windows. After two of these hurricanes, I don't wish them on anybody. But, again, after two of these hurricances, I also just don't want them to come here. I can really sympathize now with victims of these things because I've "been there." Here's hoping it will blow itself out before it reaches you. It's the wind I'm more afraid of than the rain. I can take the rain, but the wind blowing all those trees over just scares the heck out of me. Hope you just get rain.

I have to speak at our church service this weekend. Our pastor is teaching on Romans and is still on the first chapter. He has a month long series he's entitled "Vital Signs" and he is having someone each Sunday talk about another aspect of a healthy "vital sign". Mine is mind health, where you keep your brain active and working. I'm using the analogy of the EEG machine showing either brain activity, or a flat line--no brain activity--indicating death. Also am using this quote: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. I get to talk for 5 minutes, which is not very long at all.

Eating for lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs made into egg salad with yellow mustard and 1/2 T mayo, 1 sl. SGWW bread, 1 orange (20 min bf. lunch.)

I go to weight lifting in 20 minutes and want to get some more walking in. Working in front of the computer certainly makes those steps hard to get.

Ruby--Welcome. Lauren--Hi
Old 09-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #12  

Hi everyone:

I wanted to pop on and say hello. I was pretty naughty over the weekend. I ate almost an entire Submarino sub from Fazolia, and a small salad, and a breadstick. I also ate lots of kettle corn, and a few cookies; that is what happens when I let myself go too long between meals...I become a human vacuum cleaner. Oh, and I ate a little of everything at the shower I went to on Saturday (nothing legal but the fruit & veggies). Oh well, it's a new week, and I plan to get back into eating good and exercising this week.

So far today:
BF: 1/2 of WW bagel w/ lite cream cheese & 1 fried egg w/ tabasco
Snack: SF, soy latte
Water: Approx 24 oz

I was going to go to the gym today, but will let Lane stay home to rest. She has not been herself lately (major grumpalump), and she was complaining of an earache over the weekend. I took her to the doctor today and she has a bad ear infection in one ear (red & bulging), so she will start on antibiotics today, and will be on them for 10 days. I hate giving my kids antibiotics.

I burned my neck with the curling iron over the weekend, and it now looks like I have an ugly hicky (sp?) on my neck. I think it looks so tacky and gross, and I don't have long hair to cover it anymore. I feel like wearing a sign saying, "I burnt myself with the curling iron!" Gheez.

Britt got invited to a birthday party this Friday where the girls go to a studio and get all dressed up (nails, hair, crystal tattoos, etc..), they then will go the the birthday girls house all made up and have pizza and cake & ice cream. She is so excited. This is her friend whose dad plays baseball for the NY Yankees. They are here half of the year and in NY the other half. She mentioned to me that she wants to go to this studio for her birthday...I told her it probably costs too much. It is in Scottsdale, which is the "rich" part of the Phoenix metro area....must be nice .

Heart: The shower was nice, but very emotional. Elaine and her son and dog are leaving for Denver in a few weeks, and they will induce her the second week of October (already had a c-section w/ first). Did the doctors say what can cause this condition? Elaine is 43, so most would think it is age-related, but you were young when you had Boogie, right? Is it hereditary? If you were to have any more children, could they have the same condition? I hope you see that low of 162#'s again real soon.

Lauren: Cheerios in the yellow box are fine from the sugar standpoint (1g), but seem to be lower in fiber than some of the others. Fruity Pebbles would have to be out of the question . What recipe did you use for your biscuits? Did you find it on the board here?

BOB & Fillise & Fruit: I hope Ivan dies down in strength or continues to move out of your way.

Monet: You are doing great with your steps; keep up the good work. I got my newest ped. over the weekend and have to play with it to get the steps right now. Thanks for starting the board today. How's Deb doing?

Ken: I hope you are feeling better today! HOw's Jess doing?

Well, better go get lunch started.

Have a great OP day.

Take care,
Nat
Pancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

It wasn't a fluke..still at 152

Poncho...wow what a fun sounding b-day party. Today is hubby's b-day. The kids and I will make a cake this evening while he is at work. I told him he didn't get one...LOL I even bought some cream cheese for the frosting.

Jack-K--I hope they get you in before Thursday and help you get some of the fluid off so you can feel better.

Colleen....praying you back feels better soon.

Gator...WTG on the weighl lifting and the new resolve to eat better.

Lauren....it's okay to have a free day...just jump back on track..

Monet...thank you so much for starting this weeks board.

Bob...((hugzz)) Sorry you are feeling poorly today. Praying you feel better soon.

Susan...Hope they serve you something you like at your meeting tonight. Glad to hear you are rested up after you trip.

Heart....I saw that you had a bit of a munch this weekend. Just jump back on the wagon. You'll be fine with all that exercise you do.

Sending loves and hugs to everyone.

Love,
Crystle

235/152/140
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:23 PM   #14  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Afternoon Every Buddy!!!

I'm feeling a little bit better....Kate told me that I'm very pale and that I don't look like Narda.....BUT....when I asked her who I looked like, she couldn't answer that! Haven't decided if I"m going to work tomorrow...i'll get a good night's
sleep and decide in the morning. I'm running a fever, and the sweat is just pouring from my head...not a dry hair up there!

DANGIT...now the hurricane is making a slight easterly turn!

THANKS FOR ALL THE OOD WISHES ...just keep your fingers crossed I'm better to go to work tomorrow!

MISSY, MELF, SEF, SUSAN....sending good thoughts your way for this storm!

I'm gonna get off here now...I've got to lay down....if you can imagine BOB weak as a kitten ....that's what I feel like....SO, I'll talk to y'all later!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 05:44 PM   #15  

Pancho--I search all over the net looking for recipes .. I think the biscuit recipe was from the sugar addicts website. I will have to check and make sure. I can post it on the recipe board.
laurenj is offline   Reply With Quote