Success Stories! Share your success stories! Let's work together to make this the busiest forum of all!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 12:00 PM   #1  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Default Significant clothing NSV for me - share yours!

I can't believe it!

Last night, I stopped in Victoria Secrets - just for the **** of it - to try one some bras, see if I can give the girls soom oomph! While I was in there, I tried on a cute corset top, you know - the kind with garter straps and matching panties? Their biggest size was M/L - but it fit!! and it fit on the innermost set of hooks! $120 bucks - so I'll be waiting on that one, but what an ego boost.

SOOOooo - I went home and tore through the closet to find my lingerie corset from 4 years ago, the one I got shortly after I got engaged . I wore this when I was 175 lbs. I tried it on - and IT FITS!!!!!!!!!

It only fastens on the outermost hooks, and it's snug in the bust (but comfy below that)! I almost died!

I can wear lingerie I wore at 175 lbs 4 years ago - even though I am 33 lbs heavier now than I was then! Woohoo!

9 months ago you couldn't get me out of my clothes for ANYTHING - now I don't know if I'll ever wear real clothes again! I am the lingerie queen
Old 10-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #2  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiomonster
I don't know if I'll ever wear real clothes again! I am the lingerie queen
Too funny - congrats and atta girl!!!!!

I bet even with clothes on over the lingerie your new attitude shows on your face!
Old 10-04-2005, 01:36 PM   #3  

Congrats, enjoy it!

I'm wearing a skirt today that used to be a little bit snug (i.e. I haven't been wearing for fear of busting a seam somewhere and being embarrassed) that now fits they way it is supposed to.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:48 PM   #4  
Tired of being fat!

S/C/G: 335/319/165

Height: 5'11

congrats CM and Ry! That is amazing! I wouldn't even dare put on lingerie right now, but check with me in a few months and we'll see! LOL. Sexxy! Go ahead wit ya bad self
Old 10-04-2005, 03:45 PM   #5  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

Today was the day we introduced our dogs to the agility equipment at school, so I had to wear something "scruffy" that could get filthy in the dirt and sand, etc. So this morning, I tried a pair of old sweatpants that I haven't worn since Christmas -- and I looked like the Michelin Man. AND they wouldn't stay up because years ago I pulled out the darn draw-string cuz it was digging into me -- plus the elastic waist is all stretched out. So the next best scruffy thing I had was an old pair of size 14 Levis which (oddly) were loose but still fit okay about a month ago. Ha. They are VERY loose now...like, "Kate needs to buy a belt" loose. I had to wear them, though, because all the clothes that DO fit are brand new (and I'm already going broke buying a new pair of jeans in a smaller size every 6 weeks, so I can't afford to ruin anything new!)

It was quite humorous actually...the signal I use for "paw" with my dog is one hand on my hip. So every time I reached to hike up my jeans, he sat down and gave me his paw . Cute, but not quite the point of today's session.

Last edited by LovesBassets; 10-04-2005 at 03:45 PM. Reason: spelling...again
Old 10-06-2005, 09:19 AM   #6  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oooh an NSV for me - my kickboxing belt, which is a large belt that I got last November (God I can't believe it was that long ago) has always been a bit on the long side. I wore it for my grading on Saturday and it's supposed to wrap round twice. Well it was so long it got in the way, so I tried and it wraps round 3 times! I am the girl with the 3 times belt! HOORAY!
Old 10-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #7  
ButDoesntWannaLookLikeOne

S/C/G: 230/218/170

I'm about to head for work and my scrub top is tucked into my scrub pants .

Me? Tucking in a SHIRT?
Old 10-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovesBassets
Me? Tucking in a SHIRT?
Ooooh, good for you! I still can't handle that one, I don't think I'll ever be comfortable tucking my shirt in!

Beverly
Old 10-06-2005, 09:43 PM   #9  
geeky pagan chick

S/C/G: 265/136/150

Oh I hear you Kate! I tuck in shirts all the time now. That would have been impossible to imagine back in the day.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default Minor clothing success

Congrats to all posters! Keep up the good work. Here's my minor success (I posted this on another thread, so apologies if you've already read it): Every fall when the weather starts getting cooler I dread the day when I have to drag out last year's pair of jeans. They NEVER fit, and I always have to buy a new pair. That day arrived last Friday, and I pulled on the jeans and they actually fit! They didn't feel too much looser than last time I wore them, but for the first time in years they actually still fit fine! Very exciting.

Cindy B

PS: I'm usually good at figuring these out, but I'm stumped on this one: What does NSV mean? I'm guessing V stands for Victory, but I can't come up with anything else. I'm sure I'll say "Duh!" as soon as I hear it!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #11  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Non Scale Victory! It's a good one!
Old 10-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #12  
~sexy chicka~

S/C/G: 265/185/165 5'5"

Does anyone remember the scene from the Bridget Jones Diary movie (Renee Zellweger) that focuses on her "scary-mummy panties" (which I guess in American English are called "granny panties" )?

Anyway - I had a scary pantie flash-back this past weekend. I went through my closet and cleared out all of the clothing that was too big to fit well anymore - and anything that looked "frumpy" (unless it made me look like a "frumpy queen" - which is rather ok) . I wound up with two large garbage bags full-to-bursting with clothes. [Don't worry - 1/3 were sold at a second hand store and the rest went to the salvation army].

I also went through my sock and pantie drawer. I got rid of any underwear that was now too big (dumpy bottom effect ) - and thought I was done. When I went to my "spill-over" drawer - wayyyy down deep in the bottom was a pair of sparkly-white-supersized-would-make-a-good-fishing-net panties ... with the vague size of 10+

I can't believe I used to WEAR these things on my poor not-so-little derriere. It seems impossible - especially when my new panties are sleek, shiny (or at least comfy) at size 8. I went around calling myself Bridget for the rest of the day.
Closed Thread