South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #46  

I think what's important is that you are getting back on track. I have learned that for me it mandatory to plan ahead every meal. If I wait until I am hungry to decide what to eat or even worse to go grocery shopping, then there is a very good chance that I will not be on plan. We have to work on this until it's second nature!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #47  

Yesterday's menu:
B: 2 eggs, 1/4 cup ff cheese, 2 strips of bacon (I just couldn't stomach vegetables yesterday morning)
S: 2 stalks celery (love this stuff! It's tasty and because of my braces it takes me like half an hour to eat it)
L: 1.5 cup soup, salad, blah blah blah I eat the same thing for lunch every day, mostly because unless it's McDonald's I don't really care.
S: black bean brownie, cheese stick, diet rite
D: steak (it was 1/2 lb before cooking)1/2 oz goat cheese (I am SOOOO happy that goat cheese fits within the guidelines because I love it with all my being), mini quiche (for lack of a better term...I took 7 eggs, 4 slices of turkey bacon, 1 cup ff cheese and 1 package of spinach, mixed it together and baked it in 10 muffin cups)
S: 2 bb brownies, NSA fudge pop
I drank less than 3 liters of water yesterday and didn't get on the treadmill because we were running around at the guitar store then cooking dinner and by then it was after 8: too late for me to be jogging. I think I did alright!
Today is looking to be a little more difficult. I was so hungry a 1/2 hour ago I ate the brownie I was saving for my afternoon snack. I think it's because Friday for me is doughnut day, my most favorite food, so I'm feeling the urge. Thank God for gum: I wish they made doughnut flavored gum though.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:18 AM   #48  
Rejoice in the Lord

Hey guys.

Purple monkey: it must feel great to be out of the 200s. I can't wait for that.

futurecfo: that doughnut flavored gum sounds like a goldmin. maybe you should patent that idea

Here's my Thursday:

B: some concoction that I made from eggs, ricotta cheese, chocolate and spenda because I was dying for something sweet. Not bad but I wouldn;t recommend it. Although it was sort of like a recipe I saw on here once.

S: Nothing b/c breakfast was late

L: Almonds and sf chocolate bar

s: Bean brownies

D: Chicken enchiladinis ( from the recipe thread--delicious)

Yesterday and lunch I went to my best friends office while they were eating pizza. They had waited for me to eat but I didn't have a bite. It smelled divine. So proud. Then last night while my sons band was at the recording studio they took a break and ordered pizza for all of us. Again not a bite. At least I couldn't smell that. Although I did break down when we got home and had 2 fruit snacks (like gummi bears)

I know I have got to work on my veggies, but I am drinking my water. I haven't had a drop of soda since Sunday which is a big deal for me.

Here's to another great day!!!
Old 03-17-2006, 02:07 PM   #49  

drakesmom:
Holy crap, good for you with avoiding pizza twice!
I said no to doughnuts this morning for probably the first time ever.
yay for willpower: hope it lasts through the weekend for both of us!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:22 PM   #50  

S/C/G: Unhealthy/see ticker/happy

Height: 5ft 9in

Default You girls are looking like you are doing good

....... and the will power of some of you is awesome .
I think I am eating OK but I don't think I am getting enough veggies.
Today:

B- 2eggs(hard boiled), grape tomatoes(10), and lots of decaf coffee( probably to much, but I love coffee )
S- no snack, didn't get up till 10:30am , kids on March break.

L- Peanut Butter/cocoa smoothie and celery(2) with laughing cow cheese(1).
S- Tim horton coffee with 1 cream( decaf)
D- Homemade chili with black beans(love black beans) , with shredded cheddar and H2O.
S- sugar free fudgicle and maybe a diet pepsi caffeine free

How's that sound? And I did a power workout at gym while DH went swimming in the pool with kids.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #51  

scrappin - You want to get 4 1/2 cups of veggies every day. I'm also wondering if you are drinking enough water. I try to drink one glass of water for every glass of another drink. That seems to really help me.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:45 PM   #52  
Rejoice in the Lord

Here's my Friday

b; Leftover chicken enchiladinis and coffee (not at the same time yuck)
s; bean brownie
l; More chicken enchiladinis, 3 sf crystal light hard candies
s; fudgesicle, sm pc cheese, a few cashews
d; lf hamburger pattie with lettuce tomato pickle cheese and mayo (no bun)
and broccoli and cheese
dessert: sf jello and cool whip

Are cashews okay? I don't recall them being mentioned in the book.

Does anyone know the volume of nuts allowed? (ie 1/4 cup 1/8 cup)

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 03-18-2006, 02:47 PM   #53  

Default Nut Servings

When you have a doubt you can go to the South Beach section and find the Phase 1 Foods allowed.

This is what I have:
NUTS AND SEEDS (Limit to one serving per day as specified. Dry roasted recommended.)
Almonds – 15
Brazil Nuts – 4
Cashews – 15
Filberts – 25
Flax Seed – 3 TBS (1 oz)
Hazelnuts - 25
Macadamia - 8
Peanut Butter, Natural, and other nut butters - 2 TBS
Peanuts, 20 small (May use dry roasted or boiled)
Pecans – 15
Pine Nuts (Pignolia) - 1 ounce
Pistachios - 30
Pumpkin Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Sesame Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Soy Nuts - ¼ cup
Sunflower Seeds - 3 TBS (1 oz)
Walnuts – 15
Old 03-19-2006, 10:21 AM   #54  
Princess Gonna Bee

S/C/G: 306/298.2/170

Thumbs up Crazy Week & I Still LOST!

I am so excited! I just weighed and I've lost 4.4 pounds! I'm delighted!

The latter part of the week was nuts (no pun intended...well, maybe) so I didn't get to post my daily foods, but I found some things I really like:

1) Chicken Divan (from SB website recipe)... I've also eaten it with tuna
2) BirdsEyes Steamfresh broccoli--Frozen veggies, just throw the whole bag in the microwave, and in 5 minutes you've got perfectly steamed broccoli!
3) Chef Salad
4) Almonds & Cashews
5) Stir Fry chicken & veggies (I buy the Tyson chicken strips and the Birdseye frozen peppers & onions, add some Lite Soy, a dash of worchestshier... Throw in a handful of cashews...YUM!)
6) Green Olives & Ham slices
7)Carb Smart Fudgesicle
8) Peanut Butter n Chocolate Protein shake
8) Sugar Free Lifesavers

And some things I don't...
Taco Bake (from SB website...)
Plain tuna
raw broccoli

I've also learned I can't eat as fast because I have to spend so much time chewing all those veggies! I'm looking forward to this week!

I'm totally motivated to keep on keeping on!
Old 03-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #55  
Rejoice in the Lord

Congratulations Chryssi (sp?)

Way to Go
Old 03-19-2006, 12:55 PM   #56  

Congratulations, Crissy. Your enthusiasm gave me some motivation too.
And ideas for some recipes to try. Thank you.

This morning I made the bean muffin mixture, but instead of baking I cooked some in a non-stick pan and made pancakes. The texture was a little bit weird. I think next time I am going to add more egg and maybe cottage cheese.

The plate looked nice, though: 2 pancakes, soy sausage, sugar free syrup!!!

Here's to an inspired South Beach week!!
Old 03-19-2006, 09:32 PM   #57  

jrnyc- I think we are a lot alike! I made the bean muffins, but really thought they would make a better pancake! As I was eating one with SF syrup on top, I was thinking how similar it was to a pancake! Good luck this week, we are almost past p1!!!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:15 PM   #58  

Hope all you guys are still doing well with phase! So far so good here. Just posting my menu for the day...would love for you guys to keep doing that too. Gives me ideas!

B- 2 egg omlet with spinach, canadian bacon, and sharp cheddar (have eaten this the last 9 days and still not tired of it!

S- cashews (may have eaten a few too many! opps.)

L- Romaine and Spinach salad with tuna, small container cottage cheese, 12 oz spicy V8

S- 1 Wedge Laughing Cow Cheese, 1/2 c refried beans with a little cheese

D- Have my spicy italian roast in the crockpot (which smells yummy by the way), plan on having green beans or broccoli and a salad with it.

S- SBD Chocolate Milkshake if needed later tonight.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #59  
tch'd by his noodly appdg

Grrr...

Ok. I'm back. Again. And restarting today. I went to my mom's this weekend. And I wasn't back in enough to stay on. I hate that I justify being able to just restart on Monday, or whatever. I've been doing that for a month!

I really do need to do some grocery shopping. I'm out of fresh veggies, and that's the worst part. Everything else I have on hand, but I need lettuce!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #60  

Default Hello, chickies!!

Well, it's been a week and I still feel good! I was not going to weigh myself yet but could not resist.

Friday night I went out and had a 5 course meal in a great restaurant. By the end of the meal I got carried away (the food was so good) and ordered dessert. It was a very small serving, as is the way in fancy places, at least in NYC.

Saturday morning I went back to the Beach.

I was curious as to how Friday's meal had affected my weight loss so I weighed myself today. I have lost 2 lbs. It may not look like much but I had not lost anything in a month on Phase 2.

I am happy because I learned that I can splurge sometimes as long as it's done responsibly and then get back on track.

PS--I usually don't post my menus because I don't really cook anymore. I just grill a piece of chicken, beef or soy burger then add a cooked veggie and a salad.

I have been tracking all the food I eat at the NIH site and it's helping a lot.
Closed Thread