South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 09:20 AM   #16  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hi, SunLit! We passed while I was posting my novel length post lol! CongRATs on the loss!!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:21 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 177/154/135

usmchoney : I have cats. All I know is when one of my cats started urinating where he wasn't supposed to, and right in front of me! I saw blood in it and took him to the vet. He had a urinary tract infection. If it hurts when they go to the bathroom in the litter box, the cat thinks it is the litter box hurting him and will try a different place. Then once the scent is there... they will continue to use it sometimes. That is what I heard anyway. He got better w/meds. However, they started going on our screened-in back porch. He got locked out there all night one time. We have to replace the indoor/outdoor carpet this spring.
I have also heard that cats can do that if they are mad about something. If you were gone for a few days or something unusual. That is about all I know. I hope you figure it out. It is frustrating!!!

Freaky: I didn't say before but I also agree with the others that it is AWESOME for you to get up an exercise!! Especially so early!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:29 AM   #18  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Good morning everyone! DH and I had a good time on Saturday. I went completely off plan at dinner but the crazy thing was I didn't eat nearly as much as I usually do. I was right back on plan yesterday.

I found out this morning that my oldest daughter, Ally, backed my in-laws's golf cart into my fil's pick up truck and left a huge dent. No one said a word to me about it when I went to pick the kids up yesterday, they were leaving it up to Ally to tell us. But she didn't, no big surprise. So when my husband came into work this morning, he found out when his father told everyone why there's a huge dent in his truck. Grrr...now we need to see if they want us to pay for the repairs, I doubt they will but I need to come up with some way for Ally to work it off. Maybe by pulling weeds, washing dishes for my in-laws.

Sunlit - I hear you about laundry. I never get caught up!

Mamacita - Hope your headache goes away.

usmchoney - No advice on the cats but I would be so mad! Our dog has been getting on our sofa to sleep which we have never let him do, he has a skin condition that makes his fur get greasy on his back so if he doesn't get bathed weekly, it gets gross. He has his own bed, always has so now I keep the bed in my kitchen and I shut him in there when we're not home and at night.

KellyJ - I have dial-up here at work and at home but at home it is horrible. I hate it but we live in the boonies, dsl is not available neither is cable. Our only option is satellite which we have for our tvs but I can't justify paying that much for our internet service at home.

Jana - I am so jealous of your 70 degrees, it is so cold here today. I am ready for spring!

Debbie - My sister puts low fat plain yogurt in her sf pudding mix along with skim milk, it really makes it rich tasting. I don't remember how much she puts in though.

Sarah - Here's to a better week for you! You can do it!

Schatzi - Have a great day!

Ruth - We don't have snow but it sure is cold and breezy. What kind of dogs do you have?

Heather - I love mexican too. I went out to lunch at the new mexican restaraunt last week, somehow I managed to skip the chips. I love Don Pablos too.

soon2bfab - Keep with it, you've done so well. I foresee a big whoosh on the scale in your future!

freaky - Aren't Mondays hard? Especially when you've been so busy that the weekend just flies by.

I hope I haven't missed anyone! Guess I'd better go earn my paycheck.

Tyra
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 AM   #19  
Mom to 3 Great Kids

Pearsy - I think we were posting at the same time! Have a great day, I have to tell you, every time I see the picture of your rat, it makes me want to hold one. I didn't realize they were so friendly.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:38 AM   #20  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Darlings, I have Portuguese Water Dogs like the ones in my avatar.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #21  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Everyone

Kinda late posting, but this is the first chance I have gotten, Yesterday was my day, I had to do a family party on Saturday, sooo Sunday was ole Crocks day,, Pretty good day, Still OP, Have not faltered yet. I was gonna weigh again today, but I did it 3 days ago,, Technically, Monday is weigh, In ,, soooooooo I am going to skip till next Monday, ..

Take Care All ,, Have a great day.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #22  
gotta lose it!

Well Ladies I'm back from my meeting...a hour of it was spent on this coworker & how she will like I am the boss's favorite (let's be honest - I am) but my boss couldn't tell her that. Also she was upset because I called her out on something & she said I misinterupted the conversation....how can I mess up - no one excutes my plans - Shelly didn't get register trained. (The reason Shelly didn't get register train was the trainer was my only cashier & I had my own things to get done, so I couldn't train her - thought I covered this with her, but whatever) And this coworker would be happy if I would just come to her ?!?!?!? I DID!! I finally just bit my tongue, because I'm not going to waste my time/energy on making sure she feels good about herself - got my own problems.....wacko! OK, I'm going to go clear off df's car so he can just jump in & goto work...be back later
Old 02-27-2006, 10:01 AM   #23  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

PUPPIES!!!!!! I just got a call from Morna that Lucy will be flying home from Alberta this afternoon. She has been bred to her new boyfriend, Baggins! Now we wait for 63 days and see what happens.
I puppies!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:02 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning,
Today is THE DAY. No more excuses. I should have been pretty near my goal by now, and instead I'm where I was shortly after the holidays. Shame on me! But now with Lent starting this week, that will be a good motivator for me.

Freaky ~ You are probably at work by now, but here's to a fresh start -

Soon ~ There must be a lot of people who talk in the 3rd person. I know a girl who always talks like that, I always thought she was kind of weird.

Heather ~ You did fantastic at Panera's! I love that place, but I sure need a lot of when we go there!

Ruth ~ Thanks for the picture of the forsythias, they are so sunny and cheerful looking. You have company on your February goal, I started out good, but things went quickly downhill. Let's make March ROCK!

Schatzi ~ Have a great day, darlin!

Sarahslacker ~ We're making room for you to hop back on the wagon with the rest of us who keep falling off!

Debbie ~ I know you didn't end up at Don Pablo's the other night, but when I go there I love to order the Mahi Fajitas. They're served with lettuce to wrap the filling in, and they're soooo good! Ours even offers raw veggies (at an extra cost) to dip in the salsa rather than the tortilla chips. You've got me hankering for the Roasted Veggies, I think I'll make them with supper tonight, too! Thanks for the idea!

JanaM. ~ I like to get in my Curves workout first thing, too, then I don't have to worry about making time for exercise later in the day when I'm too tired. Good for you, resisting those cookies!

Kelly ~ Have a great day at work, and I hope you find time tonight to plan some OP meals for the rest of the week. I should sit down and work on some menus, too.

usmchoney ~ Hope you can find a solution to your kitty problems! I like animals, but that's the reason we don't have any pets. I'm still sending up prayers for Keely, that everything turns out fine with her.

Mamacita ~ I'm so happy for you! After all your tummy problems, it sounds like things are starting to look up for you!

SunLit ~ on your 3 lb loss! Whatever you're doing, keep it up, it's working!

Pearsy ~ Hope all goes well on your analysis paper, we should all take our environment more seriously, and I admire you for it. BTW, thanks again for the recipe!

3DM ~ Good morning, and I hope everything works out OK with Ally!

MsCrockett ~ Morning to you, too!
Old 02-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #25  
Step AWAY from the Cake!

S/C/G: 230/220/145

Just wanted to say mornin' to all of you out there on the beach! Haven't been posting around here much, but I read just about every day!

My weekend was ok... went to a comedy club on Friday, which was cool but could have been better had I not been sick. I HATE being sick! I actually had to leave work early on Thursday, and that was the day my office was having a Winter celebration-type-thing. I'm better now, thankfully The rest of the weekend was spent at home mostly, catching up on all those little around-the-house things that always seem to get put off.

I know my bf is saving up for something. He's been acting all mysterious lately about his money, so I'm almost definitely sure he's saving for an engagement ring. This makes me sooooooo happy! We've been talking about getting married for a while now, but even if we get engaged soon we'll still have to wait close to 3 years to actually tie the knot, since I'm going back to school next spring and all. Still, I'm exciting thinking that, sometime this year, I'll be getting engaged to my sweetie!

Anyways, I have to start doing some more work so I don't have time to say hi to everyone individually, but just one note

usmchoney-- I'd get your kitty checked out by a vet, but your cat could just me ticked off. Have you done anything differently lately or has the cat's environment been changed? This could be a real problem-- when I was younger we had a cat, and she started peeing all over the house after we got a puppy. We took her to the vet and he told us that she was literally *pissed* off, and that there was nothing we could really do about it-- even if we got rid of the dog, she would problem continue this behavior for the rest of her life. So in the end, we had to give her away. I don't know if this is the same with you, but the vet should be able to help explain the situation.

Anyways, I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful week!
Old 02-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmchoney
Does anybody know anything about cats? I have three and I'm having a bit of a problem with one of them (unfortunately, I don't know which one). One of them has been pooping on my couch.

usmchoney, this might seem like an odd solution, but next time, you could put a little dish of cat crunchies on the towel. Cats don't like to poop where they eat. With a few days, it might train the culprit out of his/her habit.

You might also call the vet, because it's odd that cats would just randomly start doing that without provocation (a new cat, illness, old age, etc.).
Old 02-27-2006, 11:16 AM   #27  

I can't think of anything that might have provoked the pooping. One of my cats, Orion, has had urinary tract infections in the past. He'd start peeing in weird places and that tipped us off. I didn't know that pooping meant the same thing. Thanks for all of the advice. I'm going to make an appointment with the vet. I'm also going to try putting his food there for a while too. It can't hurt.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:17 AM   #28  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just a quick drive by:
Ruth~~ Yay, puppies!!!!!!

Mamacita and Sunlit~~Congrats on the weight loss

Soon~~Co-workers I think we all have at least one that we would like to live without!!!

I slept in late this morning and still drinking coffee and trying to get motivated. Nothing new to report. Ya'll have a great day.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:16 PM   #29  

Morning, gals. I had a busy weekend. I spent all day Saturday at a Trainer's Development Conference for scouting. I learned a lot and can't wait to use it. I also got asked if I would consider serving as the director for the cub scout day camp next summer. I told this year's director that if he pulls me in enough for this year's camp that I'd do next year's. We have hundreds of boys at this week long camp.

Cottage (and any others that might have an opinion) - What do you plan to do about the fasting on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday? Abstaining from meat is easy enough but I'm not sure what to do about the fasting. I'm thinking maybe making breakfast and lunch a little smaller than normal and making sure my snacks are just veggies. Father Cliff suggested that people skip snacks and eat the minimal to survive but I know skipping meals is anti-South Beach. What do you think?
Old 02-27-2006, 01:12 PM   #30  
beachbum

Hi chicks

Had a bad week & weekend,[tummy ache]for me, so I didn't bother to post.Hoping that I can get incontrol, if I give up the snacking and extras for lent. I'm on 2 challengers with 2 other boards,to see if I can make it.

Going back to Phase 1.5 Having 1 serving grain carbs per day I was told that I'm adding too many bread/flour all at once.

Pearshape-Its bitter cold up here,went shopping for a couple of turtle neck tops and there gone, sales lady say the Spring line in ready to come it.Whats going on e with these stores,winter is over yet. Happy that you had suceess in your shopping.

3darlings-I don't think your DD pushed the cart deliberatley,it probably was an accident and shes to scared to tell you. Don't be too hard on her.

Cottage-you and me and others will take advantage of this lental season to get cour weight down. Good Luck

Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-27-2006 at 04:21 PM.
Closed Thread