South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2006, 02:15 PM   #31  

Kiko - This rain is wonderful! We have sure needed it. I'm glad it is a good long soaking rain rather than something so heavy that it just floods.

Me - DH and I are going to the cub scout district dinner this evening. I was really worried when we got to Sunday school to find out that the mom who was going to watch Brian was sick. I guess she forgot she had agreed to watch him since her kids didn't know about it. Luckily one of the other mom's heard and offered to kidsit. I had to bother her since she has five kids (including a one month old and a toddler) but he should have fun with the three older kids. I have no idea what the food will be like but this is one of those things where I eat what I am served and then go back OP afterwards.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:43 PM   #32  
Who needs sleep?

Soon - that sounds awful! I'm asthmatic, and the last time I spent an evening surrounded by smoke I was sick with an upper respiratory infection for a week or more. Washington state just recently passed a law banning smoking in any enclosed workplace or within 20 feet of a door into the buildings: bars, restaurants, office buildings - all of them are smoke free, now. It just went into effect a few weeks ago - I'm sure asthmatics all over the state are rejoicing. Finally, we can leave our houses again!

Barb - there's not a lot else you could do without being rude, so have fun!
Old 01-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #33  

Evening chicks!

Great day here- it is funny because I was dreading this weekend a bit. We are strapped until payday this week, so I was a bit stressed. It has wound up being one of the nicest, low-key weekends we have had in a long time. I think I spend so much time on the weekends running around that it doesn't wind up being quality time with the girls. I have cooked every single meal at home and we have just chilled.

We just got done baking cookies- some gingerbread kit that DD got from a friend. The house smells great and it complements the gloomy weather outside perfectly!

I dug out my cross-stitch basket this afternoon and am going to start doing that in the evenings again. I thoroughly enjoy it and it will help with the temptation to snack in the evenings. (This is when I do the most damage!)

Weezle- I am also counting points. Are you attending meetings or just following the program? I am not going to meetings myself. I think I would do better with the accountabilty of weighing in, but it ain't in the budget right now.

Here's to a great upcoming week for all of us!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #34  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Kiko: I used to go to meetings almost two years ago, but since I got married last April, it's not been in the budget over here, either. I liked the support, ideas, weigh-ins, etc, but it really wasn't worth the discounted $11/wk that I paid. I do a better job of holding myself accountable now that I don't go to meetings than when I did. I don't know if I held onto the feeling of guilt that I always had at the meetings when I didn't lose, or what my deal was, but I'm to the point where real pizza doesn't look good to me anymore (as opposed to a healthy, homemade pizza.) I just get grossed out by it now. I just really love being healthy now. I don't need some skinny lady telling me that stuff at a meeting.

I will say that I browse the forums on the WW site looking for recipes, and I find a lot of really good ones, like the alfredo sauce recipe I posted on here for Ph1. I made a soup today that was ff/low sodium chicken broth, broccoli, a can of tomatoes w/green chilis, and 10 oz lf velveeta. VERY tasty soup and it makes 12 servings at 1 pt each.

I'm just glad that I'm getting healthy by eating right and working out. I was thinking about it today, and I'm almost 26 (I know I'm young,) and I'll want to have kids here in the next few years. Terry wants them NOW. I want to have time pre-kids where I'm healthy and I look good and feel good. Does that make sense? I put weight on at an earlier age and faster than most people do. I gained almost 40 lbs between the ages of 21 and 23. I just want to be healthy, you know? I hope I'm making sense to you all.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:23 AM   #35  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Ruth - if I even had an ounce of the motivation you do to get your house in order...I am moving next weekend and hoping to get things straightened out but you are right, it is a chore.

Seachick - husbands...got to love them (or so they tell us) Mine has a nasty habit of leaving half drank pop cans around. I know the stress that can come from a hubby but I cannot even imagine adding teenagers into the mix...Even superwoman can feel stressed sometimes, try not to let it get the best of you!

sfgiantsjo - a baseball wedding...how cute! My husband proposed to me in the on the field of our ballpark in Colorado. Baseball has always been romance to me!

Caity - that is the way to do it in my opinion. Always easier to work out with a partner!

weezle - you crazy girl, sleepwalking! Terry better keep his eye on you

tazcat - you crack me up. I hope I am just like you one day. Piercings, tattoos and such a great outlook on life! Be carefful though, I have had my noise eyebrow ear belly button and tongue all pierced at some point in my life and the navel is the one that hurt the worst!
Closed Thread