South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:20 AM   #1  

Height: 5'-2"

Default Monday Chick Chat!

Good grief! Where the hoodle doo IS everyone!?!?
Going to get my kids up...
Old 09-12-2005, 07:44 AM   #2  

Well we are off to bed... nighty night!!!!!

I had a very odd day today... I started off feeling really low - as evidenced by my thread... but went for a walk with my daughter to the inner city farm. As we were leaving, there was a man beating into a women in plain daylight... he was also beating a dog. The woman was on the ground screaming and he was going mental. My daughter who is 3 freaked out (naturally). So I wasn't able to help the woman, but I called the police emergency number... I wound up feeling very shocked. My daughter was upset and we spent the afternoon having a snuggle and she napped. I have a tough time dealing with violence of any sort, and was really saddened to think of that woman all day. I hope she gets the help she needs.

My day ended with some lovely time with my husband and daughter - very much thankful for the beauty and love that I am surrounded by.

Have a good day.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Marianna, I'm sorry your daughter saw that, but thank God you were there to call the police.
There's a valuable lesson there for all of us... we need to remember to raise our sons and daughters to be good, responsible, and respectful adults. I know it can work both ways, but so many women are unable to leave an abusive relationship.

Lunches are made, and I'm off to put in my contacts so I don't look like the middle-aged, dumpy mother that I am.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:01 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

That's just horrible, Marianna! I am glad you were able to call the police!

Ellis, quit putting yourself down or I'll slap you!

Well, my yesterday was great although not as planned! We chatted after Church until nearly noon. I came home to find Ian on my front porch so I fed him lunch. I think he gets lonely up at the Island by himself. By the time he left it was too late to visit Harry as I had invited Claire and Doug to dinner!

Doug made us "girls" lovely martinis and we certainly did them justice! It was so nice to sit over dinner and just talk and relax! When you are retired, there's no need to worry about having an early night on Sunday! We had boeuf burguignon and peach crisp from the freezer - an easy meal. All I did with it was garlic mashed potatoes (none for me) and broccoli with red peppers and pine nuts. Next company meal will be Tex-Mex pork chops and peach pie - both ready to go in the freezer!

This morning The Girls are really tired. When I have company, they don't get in their evening sleeps! Lucy is out on the deck side curled up on my chair and Hershey is indoors on the couch with her head on the pillow! What spoiled and lucky dogs!

I need to do some floor scraping this morning and will go to visit Harry this afternoon. It's going to be a lovely day so I'll try to get him outside for a while. He has been going out himself and then getting confused about how to get back in. I'm not sure how to deal with that and neither are the staff. He has figured out the code to bypass the door alarm and they don't know he's out until they go looking for him. So far, he has just stayed on the grounds but.......

Have a meaningful Monday!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Morning!

Hi ladies!

Hi Ellis, wow your are the hoodle dooinest girl I know. You early bird chick you! I'm thinking you would look very good in your glasses. I can't imagine putting two round disks in my eyeballs in the morning.. ...or anytime for that matter. I can't even watch people putting those things in without having my eyes water and having sympathy tears.

Marianne, wow, yuk and grrrrrr. Some men are such creeps. Apparently this one is on the top of the creepheap. Hugs to you and your little one.

Ruth, your day yesterday sounded lovely. Very relaxing. It's nice to know that you know how to do that. Have a great day today. Give Harry a hug from all of us.

Me, well, on day 13 of phase one I fell apart and continued to come apart at the seams for the past 4 days and managed to GAIN 5 pounds.... I'm certainly not proud of myself! Anyway, I'll do phase one for this week and then move on to phase 2. Food choices are so limited on phase one and I'm ready to enjoy a sweet potato occasionally and some oatmeal.

Well, off to study and hopefully get a haircut today, I'm lookin' pretty shaggy
Old 09-12-2005, 09:32 AM   #6  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Good Morning! Where is everyone? Sleepyheads, I guess! Speaking of sleepyheads, I got a full 8 hours last night. My alarm went off at 6, I rolled over, shut it off, and got 2 more hours ! I teach at noon but other than that I plan to take it easy today. Seems lately I spend my weekends working and take a day off during the week.

I got on the scale yesterday and it said I gained 2# but today I got on and weighed what I weighed before PMS and TOM set in. So maybe I've really actually lost weight since my fingers still look like sausages and my belly feels like I have a swimming pool in there. Can't wait for this TOM to be over so I can see what I really weigh. I've been good so hopefully I'll see results.

I bought a new tent the other day. I didn't really need it but I wanted it!! So, I'm going to my friends later to set it up to make sure everything is OK and put some seam sealer on it. I love the fact that a bunch of girls can just pick up and go camping...we all have gear, we all know how to build a fire, and we all can take care of ourselves out in the woods! Go us !!! Oh, we are allowing one male friend to come but he's gay so we'll just make him our honorary girlfriend !

Marianna: That's horrible! I hope that guy got locked up and got the help he needs.

Ellis: You make an excellent point about raising responsible caring men who treat women right.

Ruth: What a great idea to have meals all ready in the freezer for company. I will have to definitely do that after grad school and I'm in a position to entertain regularly.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:33 AM   #7  

Good morning ladies!

Ellis- HI!

Marianna- That is just horrible. You did the right thing to call the police. I'm glad that you weren't able to "help" that may have gotten you hurt too! I hope, as you do, that the lady gets the help she needs.

Ruth- That sounds like a lovely Sunday evening!

RNMOM- I feel your pain! I had a horrible out of control binging weekend. I am very ashamed. I have not gotten on the scale, but I am sure my ticker is telling a fib. I don't plan to get on the scale, either as TOM is coming soon. Which I'm not making excuses, but I feel may have some to do with my out of control feeling this weekend.

I had a great weekend. We went to Dollywood on Saturday and the kids had a great time. Then, yesterday my neice had her 4 year birthday party! It was good fun. I love spending time with my family.

I've got to get some work done! I hope everyone has a lovely day!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:34 AM   #8  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

The wind is really blowing up here.. I have a feeling Ophelia(hurricane )is heading for us out in the Cape.Got to get out and do my walking before it gets out of hand.

Marianne Sorry You & your daugther saw such violence. We're having a big problem with the Katrina Victims that they sent to us for a while. They have 6 sex affenders,that were separated from the rest of the group. Well some bleeding heart said it was unfair to separte them so now the others are afraid for themselves & their children.Violence is all over,but like Ellis said bring your children up to be respectful and responsible adults.

Ruth Happy to hear that you had a wonderful Sunday,and you dinner sounds delish................You sure sound like marvelous cook .

RNMOM-Djette-Pearshape Hi
Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 09-12-2005 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #9  
gotta lose it!

Good morning everyone....I'm still a little sleepy. DBF took me to the Green Day concert last night. It was fun.....but if you're ever feeling bad about yourself....go to a concert - you'll see so many walks of live, that you'll feel better about yourself in no time! I did want a beer. but at $7.50 a glass - I resisted!!
Today - I have to work - closing shift. Tomorrow I turn 30 - Not sure what dbf & I are going to do since I work again tomorrow night - love my boss!!

Ruth - sounds like a lovely evening!!
Ellis - Good morning - You're not dumpy - you're beautiful!!
Marianne - that sounds horrible, but think of it this way - you & your daughter were that ladie's angel - you were there at that time for a reason...to help her!!
RNmom - Enjoy your new haircut!!
Chat with you later!!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:39 AM   #10  
gotta lose it!

pear, djett & B.B...hi, I guess we all posted at the same time!!
Old 09-12-2005, 09:40 AM   #11  
Kyemom

Hello all-
Ruth- sounds like a great weekend!!
Ellis- I bet you are fab in your glasses
DJett- Glad you had so much fun in Dollywood & at bday party..wonder if my Sister was at Dollywood this weekend?
Marianne- I am so sorry your little one had to see that..give her lots of reassurance
Pear- I have never been camping...told the kids we would go next year...
RNMOM- so what r u doing on your days off?
Me- busy weekend..had a few slip ups..but back on very strict now!! Waiting to hear my grade on my English Essay I had to write. I feel very good about it. Have a great day!!
Old 09-12-2005, 12:38 PM   #12  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Its been a busy Morning
Ruth will you stock my Freezer? Your evening sounds great!
Marianna a big hug for you lady better that you called the police!
Ellis I love my glasses I bet you look Fab in yours!
RN THat sounds like a good plan
Pear oooh extra 2 hours! I got 7 last night soo nice!
Dana sounds like you had a blast!
Beach be careful with that crazy Ophelia
Soon I love Greenday! Good Job resisting the beer!
Kye I'm sure you did great on your essay
Me
UGH we're waiting to hear on condo # 3 one way or another
I had oral surgery on friday and need SB friendly soft food suggestions (Right now I'm the Ensure and babyfood Queen)
Sat night we watched National treasure very cute but for me a little too much disnesy and not enough action. . .although it was refreshing not to hear all kinds of bad language (I'm not a Pollyanna but sometimes they go over the top) Sunday we went to a 9/11 memorial which was very well done and very emotionally charged.
Today is another wacktastic day at work!
bbl
Kierie
PS Please if you have any soft food suggestions I NEED EM! I miss veggies
Old 09-12-2005, 01:55 PM   #13  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Holy Hoodledoowapaloofawoo! (I made up my own word.) Lots of people on today!

Sorry I've been a little bit MISSING but geez, I've been busy. I told you all that Terry decided to ignore me and the doctor and went out anyway Saturday. He came home, got a stern talking to (from his loving and caring wife) and then went out again that night to drive around some more. We woke up yesterday to his ankle/foot being black and purple, and massively swollen again.

And HE is trying to tell ME that it's from wearing the air cast on his ankle. It couldn't POSSIBLY be because he walked around on it and drove himself when he was supposed to be resting, keeping the foot elevated and iced. Men.

Otherwise, had a pretty decent weekend. My buddy "The Midnight Swinger" from Las Vegas was doing comedy at the Funny Bone here in Springfield this past weekend. I went to the show Friday and Saturday nights. What a blast! He's pretty close with my friend Abdul, and we've just gotten to be friends. It's amazing to have friends all over the country with all kinds of different occupations. It's really interesting.

Went swimming yesterday for the last swim of the summer. It was nice and relaxing, which rarely happens. Terry decided that since he'd lost 10 lbs already that he would cheat and have pizza and ice cream last night because he "misses food soooo muuuucccchhhh" (imagine a whiney man voice.) So he gained 4 lbs back overnight. Can't say I didn't warn him!

Well, I'm going to call Terry now so I'll talk to you girls later.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #14  
beachbum

Hi KO The only thing I can think of is put your cooked veggies & food In a blender or food processor. To make them smooth.You can buy or make S/F Pudding,l/f soups,Cooked fruits and than blended until smooth.

Kyemom-I'm sure you do great on your Engish Essay,you're on the right path of a few slip weekend.

Soon- Whats a Green Day Concert??????????????,You did good not having that beer.

Djette-Four years old are so cute, I'm going to my twin DGC 5 thd birthday Oct 1st. Theare going to have the whole kingdergarden class at a local gym. How cut e will that be. Glad you a great time with your family.

Pearshape- I so happy I'll a little older than you chicks,and don't have to worry about TOM or Aunt Flo. When I blow up, its to due to the Humid Weather or not drinking enough water. Remember its a temperary gain, it will go again as fast as it came.

RNMOM-Sorry about your weight gain, as I remember your post saying that you had a horrible day in the OR this weekend. Thats a possiblity why you went astray on you13 day of Phase 1. Good Luck in the 3rd week.

Have a nice day Hugs BB
Old 09-12-2005, 03:23 PM   #15  

Good afternoon Chickies!

I fell off the program yesterday. DH had spur-of-the-moment guests to dinner and did some cooking and asked me to do some baking -- next thing I knew -- UGH! Today I am back on. I'm trying to be very patient and not blame DH for having foods around that I don't want to eat. After all, it is my own hand that puts that stuff in my mouth! Here's my inner feeling. I hope it just stays in there!

Anyway, back on the beach I go. Hope you all have a good day.
Closed Thread