South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 09:56 AM   #16  

djett - Even if I don't have time to comment, I like to try to at least say hi in the daily. Sometimes lately though, I haven't even had time for that. Enjoy the time you spend with your son. The gym is great exercise but you can never recapture that time with your son.

kyemom - There are a lot of worse things to eat that WW bread. I try to eat first before going anywhere like a fair. Otherwise it is too tempting.

wenchy - It sounds like the move will be good for you. And you've done well by eating that one OP meal a day. Think how much healthier that is than before South Beach.

mama - Congrats on turning in your resignation. You've definitely been working too hard.

weezle - You have too much going on and sure didn't need this! Trust me, children are easier to deal with than a sick DH! Hope he feels better soon.

fl_mom - Congrats on the weight loss!

Ruth - I'm glad to hear you're going to get some relief from your knee pain. You are too busy to have to deal with that. Have a great day!

ellis - Hi! Of course we miss you but come when you can, we understand.

Ottoette - I'm sure your baby will be fine. I was so nervous when my son had to go under general anesthesia at 19 months to have tubes put in and his adenoids out. Be aware he may be nauseous and disoriented when he wakes up.

beachgal - Have a great day! Sounds like you have a busy one planned.

me - I'm back in the office today. The cable guy thinks he found the problem with our cable internet. he replaced a splitter and did some work outside. Hopefully we are getting a better signal now but if not, we need to have the wiring in the attic replaced. I'll have to wait and see how stable it is.

I'm hoping to make it to the gym today. Haven't been much lately. Tomorrow should be a lot of fun. The animal shelter is running a petting zoo at The Great Fountain Festival (a free festival for the kids held around the fountain at the convention center). They needed some more help so Brian and I will help out. I'm planning on packing a cooler with water, lunch and snacks. DH will show up after a few hours and see if Brian wants to go do the kid activities. The festival is 7 hours (plus setup) and that is probably too long for him to want to work but we will see what happens! On Labor Day, we stayed over 5 hours since he didn't want to leave. I need to remember my sunscreen too since it is still in the mid 90's here.

Kiko - If you have time tomorrow, your older daughter might have a lot of fun at the festival (Central and Arapaho in Richardson).
Old 09-09-2005, 10:00 AM   #17  
Who needs sleep?

Whoopsie! Spoke too soon! The Rain is back, with more thunder and lightening than before! Whee, I'm looking forward to dragging my poor little DS out into this weather to go pay DH's tuition (which is due today, so I can't put it off).

it! I just remembered, I left my coat out in the car. I'm gonna get soaked!
Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 AM   #18  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Hey chicks! I slept 'till 10 today!!! Yeaayy!!! I've been so sleep deprived lately that I think I needed it, although I do feel just a twinge of guilt at all the work that's waiting for me in my office and the lab. Oh well, it'll be there when I get there, right?

I was supp to WI today but took one look at the size of my fingers and ankles and decided to take your advice and wait until next week. Yes, I'm chicken!!!

Since I work and go to school on campus, my whole life basically revolves around a 6 block radius from campus. I walk there everyday since its only about 15-20 min away. I only drive every few days or so. So, I go to get in my car to meet my friend for coffee last night and I noticed that my drivers side window was completely shattered. Glass all over my car and the street. I was soooo pissed, I can't even tell you!! I have no idea when it happened. I've seen my car but haven't looked close at it for a few days. No one is pissed off at me, at least I don't think, who would do that. It could have just been a random act of vandolism. The only other thing I think of is that I have a bumper sticker that says "Somewhere in Texas a village is missing it's idiot", referring to Ol' W of course, (no disrespect to all the conservative chicks on here intended). Maybe someone doesn't share my political sense of humour???? But maybe that's not what happened, I don't know, but I have gotten angry honks (and supportive ones) and guys flipping me the bird about it!!?? Geesh...where's the "freedom" we all love to speak about so much??? Either way I was so upset last night!! I've never done anything to harm anyone else or their property and I felt so violated. Stupid people!!! I planned to buy a new car in the coming weeks but will have to move that up. I'll still have to pay to fix it since I'll probably be trading it in. GRRRRR!!!!

Anyway, hope all you chicks have a great day today.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Whew! Ya'll are on the ball today!! I'm pulling up my towel while baby is asleep and Beren is playing with his trucks. He is making crashes on the couch. I am fearing I have a future stunt man in the making .

H-Ko
-- I love a good thunderstorm but I feel for you having to go out in it today with your little one! Take Care!!!

Barb0522
-- that festival sounds wonderful!! have a great time

djett
-- I wanna go to Dollywood with you!! I have always wanted to go for some reason. It sounds like you probably got more exercise with your son last night than you may have gotten at the gym. So rewarding to make them so happy like that. I'm hoping to get some good outside time with the kids tomorrow. Beren also has a motorized car and doesn't understad the steering concept at all. that's our job I guess!

Kyemom-- have a great weekend!! What is the WW bread like?

Wenchybritches
-- Hi! Where are you at now? Glad you are returning to Savannah. I've been back here for over a year and I don't want to leave again. We've bought a house and plan on staying this time though. When others have asked why we wanted to come back so bad I explain that Savannah is like a disease that gets into you and it never leaves. You have to return to the city to feel normal again . Which school are you going back to? I lack 1 1/2 semester at AASU to finish my degree. You'd think that after 5 years of attending college full time that I would already have something to show for it!

Mamacita
-- You go girl!! I hope that things go well today! You'll have to fill us in when you get a chance!!!

Weezle-- Sorry you had to be nurse all night. It is so much more draining when it's a spouse as opposed to a child. For some reason I can be up all night with one of the kids and it's not so bad. I feel for you though and I hope his pain gets better!! Big Hugs!!!

Fl_mom--Congratulations on your 3 lb loss!! Brilliant!!!

Ruth-- Hope things go wonderfully with the chimney fellow!! Be kind!!

Ellis -- Wow! With your schedule I am amazed you can pop on at all!! You rock!!

Ottoette
- Welcome! My thoughts are with you and your little one as you are at the hospital today. Please let us know how things went when you get an opportunity. Big Hugs!!

beachgal -- Man you were up early!! I'd love to see pics of the quilt when you are done!! You crafty lady you!!

Me -- well, today is the day to write bills and work on laundry ( I am such a slacker this week on house stuff!). I am still a little out of sorts after Beren's dentist visit. He is non the worse for wear but I completely dissagree with their way of handling kids and they don't let you in with your child . I was so upset. I now need to find somewhere I feel comfortable taking him so that he can get his cavaties filled/taken care of.

On the bright side, I have lost 2 pounds and I have come back below the 200 mark. that feels good

Big hugs to all!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:07 AM   #20  

Pearshape -- wow! I would be soooo mad and upset too . Love your bumper sticker... And congrats on getting some extra rest!!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:08 AM   #21  
Kyemom

Sweet Tea- WW bread is Whole Wheat bread...I love it...but it has to be moist, I hate dry bread.
Old 09-09-2005, 11:14 AM   #22  
RNMOM

Default Hiya!

Hi girls, how are you all? Pretty chatty I can see.

Welcome back Wendy, way to go on the school thing! Way to ROAR! (sorry about that, Ruth Babe did that to me with her I feel the earth move thing. Now I'm thinking I am woman hear me roar! I hate ear worms!)

Barb, festival, dog shelter.............I hope you get some rest. Have a blast though.

Hko, hope you keep dry....with power. Send some rain vibes our way K?

djett, you did the right thing by playing outside. The gym will always be there and sometimes so will the pounds that need to come off....unfortunately.

Kye, have fun at the fair and way to do phase 1 again! I'm glad it's always an option for me. I'm on day 14 of phase one......uh, I think I've done it 5 times in the last year or so. It really helps me get rid of the cravings when I slip up for an extended length of time.

Mamacita! You're a roaring babe too!!!!! Give the details for sure!

flmom, 3 pounds! You rock!

weezle, sorry for the bad news on the ankle thing.

Ruth, you're in trouble! I caught the earworm thing from you lalalalalalalalalalalala (trying to get rid of it and it won't work) Glad the girls are letting you sleep.

ellis, you need to hang around more. Missing you!

Me, well, another interesting day in the ER yesterday. A month ago, I had this little old guy that came in for a dog bite to his hand (just a scratch) He thought he better come in though cause he was on so much medicine, had a pacemaker, couldn't hear....the list of ailments was endless. Well, after we bandaged his hand, gave antibiotics and TLC he's leaving the ER. He comes up to me and asks "is your husband honest with you?" I am thinking ?????. I reply, "well, I think so" He says "that's too bad, cause if you weren't married, I'd like to bite your heels" WELLLL....yesterday I had ANOTHER little old man. Doc sutured up a bit laceration on his arm, when he's leaving he points to the ring on my finger and says, "it's too bad your married, I need a fulltime wife, my wife has been in the nursing home for the past two years and I could sure use a fulltime wife" WHAT THE HECK!!!!!! Like I would leave my beefcake hubby for .............eewwwww I can't even think it! My co-workers had a pretty good chuckle. I called my husband and told him that he need not worry in the event of his untimely demise, it appears that there are at least two little old men out there who would have me

Well, I'm off to package and freeze 125# of extra lean ground beef. (got a great deal)

Love and hugs to all!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:16 AM   #23  
RNMOM

Default Congrats sweet tea

On the weight loss. Sorry you had a bad experience with the dentist.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:58 PM   #24  
MaMa Mia!

S/C/G: 154/145.8/110

Height: 5ft

Hey girls. Im just rlling out of bed. Wyatt stayed with his grandmas lastnight cause im sick with something. I hate i missed classes today. Im so hungry but i cant find anything I can eat in the fridge. we have food but nothing im allowed to eat. I need to go shopping this weekend ASAP. My head is still fuzzy so Im going to lay back down. Everyone have a great friday and weekend!!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:14 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyemom
Sweet Tea- WW bread is Whole Wheat bread...I love it...but it has to be moist, I hate dry bread.

okie dokie - I had a blond moment there!! Sorry!! For some reason when I see WW I think weight watchers.

thank you!!

RN Mom -- Your little old fellows gave me a chuckle Thank you!!!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:42 PM   #26  
Kyemom

Sweet Tea- Don't feel alone...I thought is was weight watcers for the longest time...I kept looking for it in my bread aisle & my spaghetti aisle....
Old 09-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

WW is Weight Watchers, ww is whole wheat. I guess I should add these to the acronym list in the FAQ section. By the way, we should be saying SBD for this plan; SB is Sugar Busters. Bloody acronyms!
I led a systems team (all women) which was called Project Management Systems or PMS. I think a male director stuck that name on us! Jerkhead!
Old 09-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #28  

Sweet Tea!

I would love to have you join me at Dollywood. I don't get to explore it as much as I have in the past. It is difficult to get to do anything but rides with Brennan. Brennan doesn't sit too well for the shows and things. Oh, yes, I probably did get more exercise playing with him... I was beat! It was wonderful making him that happy.

I had to go back to yesterday's thread to make sure that your son is 2 1/2 and they didn't let you go back with them. OMG! I would have been . But, I don't even think that they would have seen my son at that age. He is a breath holder. If they took him they would most certainly brought him back to me after he turned blue and passed out on them!!! It's not a pretty picture. I wouldn't blame you at all for taking him somewhere else. What was there reasoning for not letting you back?
Old 09-09-2005, 03:02 PM   #29  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Well, apparently the swelling is down to golf-ball sized and he sounds like he's in good spirits.

Unfortunately, the only pain medication he has is 800mg Advil. Woo. Boy. All better.

Just flying by while I can at work and seeing how you all are doing. I'll try to pop on later at home.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:37 PM   #30  

Weezle -- glad to hear that the swelling is down a bit. Are the Advil helping at all?

Ruth -- thank you!!! PMS -- I bet he loved telling about his buddies about your group

Dana-- When I worked on getting Beren an appointment I wanted to find a dentist that would let me go back with him while he made his first few visits. Beren is a pretty sinsitive kid and can't even get his hair cut without freaking out . Well, I couldn't find one that would let me that took our dental insurance. This place I finally called is a pediatric practice and is staffed by all women. The main reason for taking him in at such a young age is because he has 2 visible cavaties and his teeth were starting to spread a bit.

I am still in tears over his visit. They were able to do a cleaning and floride treatment and also get x-rays on Bears teeth. They either had someone hold him or they strapped him onto a restraint board/papoose board to get these things done. He was back there a total of 30 minutes and even though he was crying when he was returned to me I don't think he cried the whole time. He was pretty traumatized though and I was a basket case as well.

I really should have turned around and left the place when I started his paperwork upon arrival. It detailed their procedures for handling upset and disruptive children on the first page and after reading it I felt ill. I do not remember all of the list but the things that stuck out were that they would use a method where they would cover your childs mouth with their hand if they were too loud/upset/crying and they would then explain to the child that they would have to calm down before the hand would be removed!! they would also use restraints if needed and Nitrous Oxide was listed only as a last resort. **tears** I do not want my child treated that way.

It's not that this place was not nice or that the folks weren't nice. It is a very nice and up to date facility with a large staff of all women. It was very bright and cheery and super clean. I am just all shook up over how they might possibly handle things with my child if he is too upset back there. Bear is a very sensitive child and he falls apart over the slightest thing. When he got shots recently I had to hold him with my arms and legs to give the nurse a chance to give them to him. He cried like we were killing him . How can I let them do their work without being there for him when he needs me most.

I would probably feel differently if he were older and could understand what's going on. His older sister would love this place and she has a good time at the dentist. But he's 2 and doesn't understand what's going on and he won't understand what they will be doing to him to fix the cavaties. They say he needs 2 fillings and 3 crowns -- omg!!! They even want to put a silver crown over his front tooth. I can't let him go around with a silver front tooth. I keep getting mental flashes of the Jaws character from the James Bond movies . The other bothersome thing is that when I asked about pain meds for the procedures they said they'll just use novicane (sp?). Needles coming at my freaking out son do not make me feel good. I asked about giving him nitrous and she said it was a possibility...

UGGG so sorry for venting and moaning on about it. It helps to get it out a bit though.
Closed Thread