South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/212/170

Height: 5'9

Default Please--advice on my menu

Good morning ya'll
I haven't lost anything in the last 2 weeks, and I just want to make sure I haven't been eating anything wrong...

Breakfast: 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 C skim milk

snack: carrots or cauliflower (since I can't eat veggies early in the morning)

lunch: either left overs from dinner or a 3-4 C salad or if I'm in a hurry in the morning a chicken breast & a can of green beans

snack: carb control yogurt or cottage cheese or 3-4 slices of pepper jack

dinner: last night: meatball casserole w/ steamed broccoli, or any of the P1 recipes listed here

dessert: sf ice cream bar or the P1 choc shake

Any advice would be appreciated, I think I'm doing ok but just need that reassurance to make sure.

Ya'll have a great day
Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #2  

oh yeah, I drink a lot of crystal light and water all day long
Old 08-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Tammy, it looks pretty good to me. I'm assuming you're in Phase 2?

When you eat salad, try to use really healthy veggies--check out the veggies thread in the FAQ (it's a sticky) to learn more.

What's in the SF Ice Cream Bar? I wonder if that's having an effect?

Remember that Crystal Light doesn't count as part of the 64 oz of water you should drink a day. Make sure you get at least that much.

Are you exercising? It really helps, a lot.

If all of this is fine, I'd say you've just hit a plateau, fairly normal for someone at your level of loss. I've hit at least three major ones (lasting longer than 2 weeks) and eventually worked through each one. They are super-frustrating, but you have to keep your cool and be patient and know that they will work out in the end. Changing what you eat, when you eat it, and what type of exercise you do can help.

Best of luck, hon!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:41 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Are you getting enough Fibre? It looks to me as if you are still on Phase I except for the carrots. Maybe moving into Phase II will shake things up. How many calories per day are you having?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:55 AM   #5  
Kyemom

No green beans allowed on phase 1 either...correct?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:57 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Green beans are definitely OK on Phase I.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:15 AM   #7  

Thanks for the replies, yes I am in P2 but am leary of trying more grains. I had 1/2 an ww english muffin one morning and gained 3 pounds the next day. So needless to say I stay away from any type of breads. Occassionally I do eat fruits for snacks maybe 1-2 times a week (?)

I'm not sure what is in sf ice cream bar, it's blue bunny but that could be it. I didn't think about that, I guess I can stick to my choc shakes.

So, what type of things could I add in that would shake things up? I average about 1400-1500 calories per day.

Thanks for the help,
Tammy
Old 08-30-2005, 11:26 AM   #8  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

Those bluebunny sf icecream bars have tons of fat....most of it's saturated fat or trans fat too. At least the lowcarb one's do. Might want to stay away from those.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #9  
Kyemom

What is a lot of fat? I have such a hard time with the sugar free stuff, trying to figure out if I can have it.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:16 PM   #10  

Hi Tammy,

I'd suggest adding some flax and bran for that P2 fibre. There's a great recipe for flax pancakes in the recipe thread (if you can't find it, pm me and I'll send you a copy.) Also some flax muffins, oat bran etc.

I find bread (yeast based) is a major trigger food, so I stay away from it, but these pancakes and muffins don't seem to cause the same problem.

Other than that, just be patient while your body adjusts. Plateaus can be discouraging, but hang in there and the scale will move.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:47 PM   #11  
Helloooo? Treats, please!

kyemom: the ones I've seen have 17-20 g per bar and range from 170-230 calories. Most of the calories must come from fat since carbs are minimal and so is protien. plus lots of unpronounceable chemicals in them.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:40 PM   #12  

most blue bunnies have like 25-50 calories in them so that is probably not your problem try not weighting your self but only once a week and if that doesn't work try writing down everything you eat for a day or two maybe your missing something and not thinking about it
Closed Thread