South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 11:16 AM   #1  

Default Motivation for the Weekend!

Hello chicks!
I tend to read more than post, but I wanted to share my motivation for the weekend. I'm hoping that others will post how they get through the often tempting weekend to stay on plan. Plus, it's a fun way to celebrate different successes!

My weekend motivation: No hangover!
Today I've worn a more form fitting shirt to work. I am continually surprised to find that the little "hang over" my jean pants that usually shows up around my middle in form fitting shirts is gone! I can't seem to stop looking for it everytime I look in the mirror, but I am not sad to see it leave!

What's going to get you through this weekend?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:00 PM   #2  

Seriously, Nobody has anything to add? I feel all self-conscious now for putting myself out there & not hearing anything in turn....

Last edited by KatieGirl; 08-23-2005 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:11 PM   #3  

Please don't feel bad. Many of us are busy during the day and we are more likely to respond to posts that only require a quick response. Yours was a good post but answering requires more thought than I have had time for (after all, I'm supposed to be working )

Your motivation is a good one. I guess for me, one of my major motivating factors has been to cut my blood pressure meds almost off. Oh, and I saw a friend today I hadn't seen for a year and she hardly recognized me.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:23 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

Please don't take to heart if you don't get alot of replys... busy time of the year school starting and many busy mommies. Post often!! I really like this post because it had made me THINK THINK THINK!! I need to stay strong and your post was one of the reasons. I didn't have time to write in early was busy running. It did make me think when I went to the Bakery Outlet for bread. (My husband usually goes) I was surrounded by you know!! To many yummy high fat waste of calorie foods!! OOOOOOOOO was I tempted!!
Your post made me think.... what do I want for this weekend. Well I want to stay on plan and enjoy my family and not think of those bakery items. I want to pass by those things and say to myself your not worth it! (and mean it) You know what I did! I stayed on plan & workedout to hard to waste all that time on something that isn't going to help me live longer.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:36 PM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Please don't be upset, Katiegirl! Fridays are notoriously slow in here, and the time of year isn't helping. This is a GREAT post and I foresee it just might become a favorite in time, so don't be ashamed! :gropuhug:

CONGRATULATIONS on losing that hangover!!! I cannot wait until I lose mine...it just might be the last thing to go! I didn't get that top roll of fat until I'd gained over 100 pounds, but now that I only have 25 to go, I'm still hanging on to it! So I can totally relate to your excitement!

My motivation is to see ONEderland and STAY there!!! I'm going to stay OP this weekend and stay away from ice cream. I'm going to have a normal amount of cookies (SBD-safe) on Sunday and that's it! (helps that I ate all of them but one serving so that's all that's left! )

Good luck this weekend, chickies!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been out most of the day and think this is a great post. It certainly forced me to think about what will keep me on track this weekend.

Four weeks from right now, I'll be on a plane going away for a weekend and really want to be down to 195 or below by then. There's my motivation!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:48 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Four weeks? Ruth, now you're motivating me!

Hon, are you still gifting yourself with that skinny monitor when you hit 196? That's even more motivation!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:55 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I'm going shopping for new clothes. And a few that are a little tight so I have something to look forward to. And I'm getting new shoes, several pairs. I've got this big plan for the outlet mall tomorrow after my run. I'm dragging dh with me because I have absolutely no fashion sense and he dresses me well. At least one of us knows how to dress.

I've spent so much time just buying what fit that I never worried if it looked good or flattering on me. Being short and wide is a problem. Now I'm sort of on the normal side and finding clothes that fit is still a hassle because I'm so short. I wish they would make clothes for real normal people instead of those tall, leggy, anorexic fashion models.
Old 08-19-2005, 05:32 PM   #9  
going places

Taking old clothes to goodwill or salvation army has been very motivating for me lately. I did that just today - went through my closets and drawers and got rid of everything that made me feel frumpy. I was left with a very small wardrobe in my current size...I've only got about 10 pounds to go before I'm back in my 14's then I'll be set again. It's been a vicious cycle for me to go from 12's to 16's and back...I've decided that once I'm out of one size they will be out of my closet for good this time.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/193/123

Height: 5'0"

Good thread -- it really got me thinking. My goals this weekend are to increase my activity levels and to stay OP and motivated by writing a list of positive things to look forward to as the weight comes off. Like : my favorite size 16 jeans will be so comfy when I get into them again, I hopefully won't have to take so much blood pressure medication, I'll be able to play on the floor with the kids easier, I'd love to jog...
Old 08-19-2005, 08:32 PM   #11  

Great thread and I have enjoyed reading everyones responses!!!!
Motivation for this weekend!! I went to the store and bought black jeans... in size 16!!! Woo Hoo!!! I was so excited as I never thought they would fit, but they did!!!
Also I bought some of the new womens boxers and A shirts...and guess what? I bought extra large and they are too big!!
That was all of the motivation I needed for this weekend!!

Boy you ladies are all doing so great!! Your tickers are going down, down, down!! You also all motivate me a LOT!! Thanks everyone!!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:12 PM   #12  

Well we have just moved and I took the opportunity to have a major purge... especially with my clothes. I have loads of clothes that I either bought out of desperation and really dislike them or that they fitted and were reasonably priced, just to have a few extra clothes to get around in. I was so tired of having to sift through all of these clothes to find something to wear.. very depressing.

SO I threw or gave away all of the clothes and now have a very limited wardrobe... but I am only wearing clothes that I like and that make me feel good... so after all of that waffle.. my motivation is my lack of clothes and my desire to go and buy more.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:48 PM   #13  
Who needs sleep?

My goal this weekend isn't weight related - it's to get 8 hours of sleep (not counting naps)!

I'm not finding myself very tempted to cheat so far, especially since I've found a lot of great recipes here and in cookbooks. Tonight we're eating Grilled Rosemary Salmon (I splurged on some wild King salmon - $13/lb on sale! Eeek!), steamed broccoli, and a mock potato casserole using cauliflower (we'll see how it turns out!). If you can eat like that, at home, what's going to tempt you? When I do get tempted, I just remember what it feels like getting an asthma attack just walking up a hill. And I think about how much fun I have clothes shopping (not!). Funny how the temptation just sort of disipates!

Also, as a SAHM, weekends aren't more tempting to me than weekdays. If anything, they are less so, since I like cooking for DH but not for just me. So I always tended to eat poorly weekdays in the past. Lunches are still a real challange for me.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:57 AM   #14  

Love this thread! Especially since weekends are killers for most of us! My motivation for this weekend is to keep focusing on how my size 16 shorts are swimming around my waist when I'm tempted to reach for something that is not healthy!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:15 AM   #15  

Height: 5'-2"

Great thread, Katie!

I am going to do my darnest this weekend to stop eating without thinking. I'm going to make a consciences effort to THINK before putting something in my mouth.
Closed Thread