South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/209/145

Default Phase I Start - May 30 to June 1

...any motivational tips you can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!!! I have PCO and I'm fat!! I NEED HELP!!!!! I've decided to take charge of my life and get my PCO and weight under control!

SunKissed
Old 05-27-2005, 11:06 AM   #2  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Sorry, but what is PCO?

I start Phase one for the second time tomorrow, so I will jump on the badwagon with the June 1sters (decided not to postpone til the 1st).

I will keep you up to date on what I am going through but from what I remember, the cravings for the first 3 days are bad. But you get over them. I remember feeling full, IF you drink enough water (at least 64 oz a day, not including other beverages).

I am going to try to get to the gym, if not walk this time. Last time I was sooo very tired from lack of sugar.

Make sure you eat enough too!!!
Old 05-27-2005, 11:24 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I edited your title so we don't have more than one Phase I start per week. Pity the poor MODs who try to read every post!
My biggest hint is to READ the revised food lists in the FAQ Section, NOT in the book.
Old 05-27-2005, 04:29 PM   #4  

Thanks for the replies!!!

@jenne1017
PCO stands for PolyCystic Ovaries or polycystic ovarian syndrome. It's very similar to diabetes, but it only effects women. It's a mixture of things...insuline resistance, hormone imbalance, acne, thinning hair, etc....but main thing it can lead to infertility. Some women have cyst on their ovaries and some don't (I don't thank goodness!) My doctor(and what I've read) say the best way to control the PCO is to lose weight on a low carb diet.
-Also, thanks for the tips! I pray I can make it thru this time. I tried it about 1 month ago for 1 DAY!!! I couldn't do it!!! I was so HUNGRY!! But I'm more determined to try it now though. I went to Lane Bryant for the last time last Friday. I don't EVER want to step foot in that store AGAIN!! Hope you keep me posted and I'll post and let you know how things go for me too!!

@Ruthxxx
Thanks for editing my title and for the suggestion.

Talk with you all soon!

Sunkissed
Old 05-27-2005, 05:14 PM   #5  
i luv my dog!

I thought I was going to start PH.1 last weekend and til now (as I am typing this) but I forgot that I had already made plans for the Memorial Day weekend.
I am with you on this round of PHASE 1.

I just thought of a question, tho. Laurie mentioned beans as being a good way to help with constipation. Will canned refried beans (natural, no artificial added ingredients) work, or does it need to be whole beans??

Thanks to anyone who may be able to shed some insight into this.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 05-27-2005 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:40 PM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

well, I started a day late but am on track, sorta. I didn't eat breakfast as,well, we were detered from food shopping yesterday.

We got a kitty!! (I will post a pic in the pet thread), so we've been a bit stressed getting them both to get along.

We're actually going to nap now. Then get up, do laundry and go for a walk.

ANyway, I didn't eat breakfast, but had a cheese stick and a huge salad for lunch. Got in 24 oz of water so far, hummus and peppers for afternoon snack and taco bake for dinner.

Thank goodness there are no BBQ's!

How are you all doing out there???
Old 05-29-2005, 01:50 PM   #7  

Smile Good Luck!!

@jenn1017
I hope you have success on Phase 1. I tried it a couple of weeks ago, but I couldn't stick with it! But now that I've found this msg board and found different food ideas for Phase 1, I probably won't get bored and give up so easily this time! I'm TIRED of my FAT!!!! I want it GONE!
I hope we can keep in touch with our success stories!

Everyone...have a safe and happy Memorial
Day!!

SunKissed
Old 05-29-2005, 02:27 PM   #8  
i luv my dog!

Planning is Key!

Yesterday I went food shopping and today I just spent three hours preparing a bunch of food for the week.

I made a caramel cheesecake (skim milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, splenda, Davinci SF caramel syrup, and gelatine); cauliflower "potato" salad, tuna salad, hummus dip, spinach quiche, blanched broccoli, onion dip, and a bunch of cut up veggies. That should hold me over a while.

Last edited by a broad abroad; 05-29-2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2005, 02:46 PM   #9  
Come on Spring!

A Broad, refried beans are the same as the regular for fibre - just mashed up. I know you will be careful to NOT get the ones with added fat, especially lard! I just pitch a can of beans into my wee processor, add chili powder and a bit of salsa and zap!
Old 05-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #10  

Hi SunKissed, Welcome and I know you can do this !

A Broad: What time should I be over for dinner? Man, you really know how to plan an all out attack! That carmel cheesecake sounds delish!
Old 05-31-2005, 11:47 AM   #11  
i luv my dog!

OK, PHASE 1 starters and re*starters for the first week of June - How is everyone doing? I made today my "official" first day of ph. 1.
B - spinach quiche
s - hummus and celery
L - dark green salad with a little feta
s - hummus and celery
D - not sure yet, but I think a turkey burger, fresh asparagus and caulif. salad

Right now I'm going for a long walk, about 40-50 min.

Ruth, thanks for the info about the beans.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:12 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies,

I'll be starting ph1 again on tuesday. This time i'm going to have alot more variety on my foods. I tend to eat the same over and over, then I end up going off.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:15 PM   #13  

Hey! Unfortunately I wasn't able to start today. I was running late for work this morning so I stopped by mcdonald's and grabbed breakfast. And, since I was running late this morning, I forgot my lunch, so I went to mcdonald's again! So tomorrow should be a much better day. I'll let you guys know how my actual 1st day goes!
Old 05-31-2005, 04:18 PM   #14  

Hi, everyone! I plan to start Ph. 1 tomorrow with the rest of you. Just got back from the grocery store. Hopefully I have enough different foods in the house now to keep me on plan!!
I wondered if anyone on this board has ever done the Carb. Addicts diet? I was reading a little about it on another site and have requested the book from my library but don't expect to get it for a week or so. I decided to go ahead with SB for now, at least until I find out more about CAD. If any of you have ever tried it, what did you think? How does it compare to SB?
Have a great day, all. I'll try to post again tomorrow!
Oh, yeah, my other goal is to get up and get some exercise every day!! So far, so good today!!
God Bless,
Britte
Old 05-31-2005, 04:25 PM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Welcome to The Beach, Britte.

CAD and SBD are very different. CAD is basically no carb except for your "reward" meal which has several rules about proportions. Sugar and white flour are allowed on CAD. South Beach allows good carbs and good fats during all meals. You do not go into ketosis and your blood sugar levels stay even throughout the day. Please be sure to follow the revised food list in the FAQ Section, NOT the list in the Book.

For more info, please see the section on different diets on the 3FC Home page.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/
Closed Thread