South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 09:59 PM   #31  
One day at a time...

Hey all!
Hope your first days of phase 1 went as well as mine.

Food
eggs with spinach for breakfast
mixed greens with grilled chicken for lunch
and a bunless hamberger for dinner with lots of greens and some squash

walked for an hour today, and went to the gym for an hour.

I feel good...maybe ill get some sit-ups in...take care!!
Old 05-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #32  

Oh my. It appears alot has changed since the last time I was on SB. I'm sure going to have to take a look at some of your recipes since there appears to be a whole lot we can now eat than when I was first on it. Time is short, though, so I'll have to come back tonight and do some major reading!

I started SB last April and stuck with it through August. Then September came and along with it hurricanes - two, in fact. (I'm on Florida's east coast). Twice that month we were without power for a week each time and we lost everything in the refrigerator both times. The supermarkets had to throw away everything in the meat, dairy and fresh fruit/produce sections. So we had no choice but eat prepared junk foods (if you could find it). And that was the end of it for me. Once I started eating processed food and sweets, I quickly fell back into my old eating habits. Funny how just one candy bar or piece of dessert can throw you right off. And being Italian, pasta was right up there with the best of them - at least twice a week.

I had also joined Curves but that fell by the wayside once the hurricanes hit. Once again, without power, most businesses were closed. And I'm not an exercise type of person so once I stopped, I lost all my ambition and energy. Still haven't found that yet but hopefully in the next few weeks. No wonder the pounds started creeping back on.

Well, I'm off to work and still have to pack my lunch and get something down for breakfast (I hate breakfast!!).
Old 05-17-2005, 07:48 AM   #33  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Day 1 was fine for me. I stayed right on my plan. I felt peckish mid-afternoon and had some skim milk and diet gingerale. (Yes, mixed. It's yummy but add the gingerale to the milk, not the other way around.) Dinner was a bit difficult as Harry had wine and I stuck to club soda but I survived. For some reason, I didn't fall asleep watching TV at 9 - I even remember the plot of CSI!

Don't be hard on yourself if you slip up. Just get right back to healthy eating and planned meals and snacks. Note what Janswizard says above:
Quote:
Once I started eating processed food and sweets, I quickly fell back into my old eating habits. Funny how just one candy bar or piece of dessert can throw you right off.
Let's go with Day 2!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #34  

Hi guys!

This is my first shot at the SBD. I'm starting today. I even got up and went to the gym. My motivation has lagged horribly since I hurt my knee and haven't been able to run. I just don't like to do anything else. But, I did the stationary bike for a half hour, and I'm glad I did.

Even though I didn't start the SBD until today, I went yesterday without any sweets. Oh my gosh, last night I thought I was going to die. Talk about an addict. Holy heck I hope tonight is better. I've been through this before and it generally takes me about a week to kick the sweet thing. Why ever did I got back? Chocolate is evil! Probably doesn't help that I'm starting this right in the midst of PMS, huh?

Good luck to everyone!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #35  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Love, it can take anywhere from 3-5 days, but you *will* stop craving and feel SO much better! Just hang in there, girl! Sugar is evil!

Jans, yes, the plan has changed a lot. For instance, you can have a medium banana in Phase 2!!! Check out the updated lists in the FAQ.

April, honey, you need more food! Looks like you are doing great at getting veggies in, but make sure you have your snacks and dessert, and think about adding some dairy, too. Three servings of milk or yogurt a day help reduce belly fat, and you can have plain yogurt in Phase 1 (add SF syrups for flavor and sweetness). Also, think about adding more good veggies to your salad...see the "Best Veggies" thread in this forum for ideas.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:26 PM   #36  

Default Count me in!

I started on monday, today is my second day:

Today it was more or less ok.

B > Eggs Ham and Cheese + Beans
S > String cheese
L > Chicken + vegetables
S > Ham + Cheese roll
D > Planning a nice crab salad

PS: I HAD to HAVE a cup of coffee in the morning! ... Confused (with creamer) << I know I know, but I was feeling so bad, my head almost exploded!

Am I doing bad????
Old 05-17-2005, 04:34 PM   #37  
A Lily from my yard!

Day 1 down and day 2 goin well so far. Need to get another bottle of water. Lunch was lean pork loin and veggies stirfried. I slept through breakfast...lol! 2 lbs gone! Puts me back in the 40's! Yes!

Hang in there chicks and if ya fall down just get up dust yourself off and keep goin! We can do this!
Old 05-17-2005, 04:45 PM   #38  
I can do this!

Last 10, you can totally have coffee...up to two cups of caffeinated, and unlimited decaf (though you still need to get at least 64 oz of plain water in, and coffee doesn't count for that). Don't use creamer. Try to stick with skim or 1% milk if you can, or even 2% milk if you have to. But the creamers (especially non-dairy) have terrible ingredients...many with trans fats (those are horrible for you!) or sugar. I indulge in a bit of half n half when I get breakfast with DH on Sundays, but the rest of the time I stick with 1% milk. You need to include more veggies...remember you are aiming to eat 4.5 cups a day! Try adding some in with your eggs, have some veggies with laughing cow or yogurt dip or hummus for your snacks, perhaps some 3 bean salad (homemade...check out the recipe forum), some broccoli, cheese, and bacon salad, or some coleslaw? They all make easy and good snacks. Try to have a veggie and a protein during your snacks to fill you up and make your fullness last.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:05 AM   #39  
Come on Spring!

Down a pound but learned a lesson yesterday!

I had a very light lunch and then went to the Greenhouse for what was supposed to be two hours to relieve Lorraine but turned into five hours as she was not feeling well. At five when I got home, I felt really strange and tested my blood sugar. I'm Type II diabetic and have it under good control. However, I tested 3.4 (61.2 US) and I had to bring it up by eating four whole wheat crackers. A chocolate cookie would have done the same but I resisted.

Lesson learned? Eat a proper lunch and have a mid-afternoon snack with you just in case the day gets out of control. Now take your own advice!

Am I starting over? Nope. It was a minor deviation with healthy Phase II food so on I go with more care.

So how is it going with you, 16th Chicks?
Old 05-18-2005, 08:14 AM   #40  
A Lily from my yard!

Ruth...Good save! I don't think the 4 crackers will set you back like the cookie would have! Way to go! I'm headin to the kitchen for my turkey bacon and eggs. So far so good on P-1 redo. No loss today but the 2 from yetserday are still gone so I am happy. I really need to get back to drinkin my fiber....ugh! Stay in it girls...We can do this!
Old 05-18-2005, 08:18 AM   #41  
Come on Spring!

Oh poop! Fiber! I must haul out the Metamucil before I get in trouble. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:02 AM   #42  

Height: 5'-2"

Ruth, you watch it, girl. I don't want to hear stories about Delta residents scraping you off the sidewalk and pulling you into the Longhorn for some sustenence.

You're doing great, gals! Keep up the good work!!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #43  
I can do this!

Ruth! That's so low...I can't believe you didn't faint! When my sugar gets that low, I become a raving lunatic in search of food. I'm so proud of you for sticking to wheat crackers!!! Hope that you continue to follow your advice...as it's very good!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:09 PM   #44  

Hi guys!

Ruth, I'm Type II also, and I hate that shakey, dizzy feeling. Good job not just scarfing sugar and keeping the cracker count to just what your body needed.

I did well yesterday for my first official start day. No cheats, and had a good amount of water. Need to up it just a bit in the afternoon though.

Good luck ladies!
Old 05-18-2005, 12:16 PM   #45  
Come on Spring!

Water! I keep forgetting water! Duh!
Closed Thread