South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 02:58 PM   #16  

I'm back from my camping trip and up a couple of pounds. Mostly I ate OP except for too many WW mini muffins and not enough veggies but I do have to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed one S'more and a small bowl of cobbler. After all, we only camp twice a year. We ate all the fruit that I brought. The Cubs loved the grapes but they didn't seem too interested in my raw zucchini. Oh, well, more for me

It was a little chilly (38 degrees overnight on Saturday) but warmed up nicely during the daytime. I've a minor sunburn but I really did keep slathering on the sunscreen. I just burn so easily. We stayed late yesterday fishing so I need to grocery shop on my way home. I'm thinking soup sounds good for tonight. It's cool and really rainy. Supposed to be severe thunderstorms tonight (possibly hail, 70mph winds, or worse) but I am just so glad that we had beautiful weather for the weekend.

This was such a nice relaxing weekend. I got lots of hiking in with lots of climbing up and down. East Texas has a lot of ravines that we don't have near Dallas. I even raced my son a couple of times and did pretty well at holding my own. My lips are pretty chapped today though so I don't think I was drinking enough water. I counted and it was over 200 steps from our campsite to the restrooms. Talk about a long chilly walk in the dark when I woke up at 2:30AM and needed to go!
Old 04-25-2005, 03:10 PM   #17  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Monica, congrats! Good work!

Lemonade...good for you! A veggie plate with some protein will be great and keep you from the "not one more sliver of lettuce, please!" syndrome. I checked and beets are considered "limited" in Phases 2 and 3 according to the GFGCG. We guess that means once a week. You can also have new potatoes (little baby ones) once a month. And there is always yams and sweet potatoes in Phase 2. Yum! I hear you on the comfort food, though. I miss mine too, but not the way they made me feel.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:14 PM   #18  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Barb, glad you are back and that you had a good time! Sounds so energetic...I need a nap!
Closed Thread