South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 08:43 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default How we got to where we are

In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth and populated the Earth with broccoli, cauliflower and spinach, green and yellow and red vegetables of all kinds, so Man and Woman would live long and healthy lives.

Then using God's great gifts, Satan created Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream and Krispy Creme Donuts. And Satan said, "You want chocolate with that?" And Man said, "Yes!" and Woman said, "and as long as you're at it, add some sprinkles." And they gained 10 pounds. And Satan smiled.

And God created the healthful yogurt that Woman might keep the figure that Man found so fair.

And Satan brought forth white flour from the wheat, and sugar from the cane and combined them. And Woman went from size 6 to size 14.

So God said, "Try my fresh green salad." And Satan presented Thousand-Island dressing, buttery croutons and garlic toast on the side. And Man and Woman unfastened their belts following the repast.

God then said, "I have sent you heart healthy vegetables and olive oil in which to cook them." And Satan brought forth deep fried fish and chicken-fried steak so big it needed its own platter. And Man gained more weight and his cholesterol went through the roof.

God then created a light, fluffy white cake, named it "Angel Food Cake,"
and said, "It is good." Satan then created chocolate cake and named it "Devil's Food."

God then brought forth running shoes so that His children might lose those extra pounds. And Satan gave cable TV with a remote control so Man would not have to toil changing the channels. And Man and Woman laughed and cried before the flickering blue light and gained pounds.

Then God brought forth the potato, naturally low in fat and brimming with nutrition. And Satan peeled off the healthful skin and sliced the starchy center into chips and deep-fried them. And Man gained pounds.

God then gave lean beef so that Man might consume fewer calories and still satisfy his appetite. And Satan created McDonald's and its 99-cent double cheeseburger. Then said, "You want fries with that?" And Man replied, "Yes!
And super size them!" And Satan said, "It is good." And Man went into cardiac arrest.

God sighed and created quadruple bypass surgery.

Then Satan created health care plans.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:00 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Stop it! You're making me hungry!!
Old 01-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks Ruth, Food for Thought.
Old 01-22-2005, 09:45 AM   #4  

Default Free Will

But God had created us with hearts that love and taste buds that yearn ...And free will.

I think if you are going to give your kids a choice, and you want them to choose well, make the good choice really appealing.
the taste of Angel Food vs Carrot cake...hmmm Carrot Cake every time!
Old 01-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #5  
RNMOM

Default Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Ruth, that was rich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2005, 07:45 AM   #6  
I vant to draw your blood

In this vein...I finally got to watch Supersize Me. OMG!

It truly is enough to make you never want to eat again...and did anyone watch it on DVD and watch the interview with the author of Fast Food Nation? You really do NOT want to know where a Mc Nugget comes from.

Even dh, a true junk food junkie says it really turned him off Mc D's. Oh, Happy Day!!

Mamacita
Old 01-23-2005, 11:48 AM   #7  
Darrell's Girl

I watched Supersize Me and was mortified.... my husband was out of town and I was telling him about how the guy's girlfriend had complained about his sex drive going down. About 2 weeks later, my husband said you know, i haven't had fast food since I've been here, and I'm just really noticing a difference in my (umm for lack of better word on here) 'libido'... maybe she was on to something.... LOL.....

Well, I forced my husband AND my teenage son to watch it (my son had no interest in it but now has sworn off eating at most fast food places).... and I haven't gone near a McDonald's since!

and Mama, you are so right... I really did not want to know where a McNugget came from....

LOL
Old 01-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

I have not watched it yet but have heard lots about it. My dd doesn't want to watch it as she is a nugget princess. I think that we will have to get it.
Closed Thread